• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Gale boomerang seems great it would be cool if it was the B button hold it and a strong tornado attacks

just a random idea lolz but i also want to know what Zamus attacks will i really hope she want be another Zelda and she has her own move sets but i hope they up grade Samus Give her more speed and make her B up suck them in and do damage like in the 64 version

OMG if the C stick is gone then every ones Remote will suffer from what i call the SMASH EFFECT the smash effect is when you use the thingy that makes you move and presh over or up or down to hard and Mess the remote up i discovered this because i have ran though 3 lolz

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Mario's Fair TWO IN ONE?¿??¿?¿¿?¿?

Maybe im million light years away in this news............... but i was today cheking the old trailer... the second one (where fox appears).......

In the very beggining of the video........... Mario does a forward A in the air... and send pikachu very far away.

This is nothing like the blow we knew in melee, as it is in doctor mario`s style......... and yes this is old news, everyone saw this.......

BUT.... after the initial animation of the blow........ he also hit kirby, who was below the platform doing some combo to link. At the same time, kirby was airborne,,,, but when he receives the last part of the animation of mario`s fair... he goes directly to the ground!!!he have the 2 blows in one!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
More reason to believe that Doc got the axe this time around. =) Yayyy for an improved Fair for Mario!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@Hydde:
Sorry, but I noticed that a long while ago. I started a thread: "Possible Oversights in the Second Brawl Trailer", that made my list. But don't feel too bad, I don't think I was the first to notice it either. Find my thread, I found quite a number of things and so did some of subscribers. But keep looking, maybe you'll find something that no one else has yet!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I recently rewatched it and noticed how cool Wario's second jump is (toward the end of the second trailer, during the final fight scene). I'm really excited to try Wario and Pit. =)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Hmm...when you roll on a platform it doesn't stop you at the edge anymore and you just roll right off.

And...when you hit someone with a physical attack, a cone appears showing the trajectery of the attack and, consequently, which way not to DI. For swords it's a much more inconspicuous purple slash mark and explosions (like Mario's forward smash and Snake's RPG) don't show any DI indicator at all.

Didja know those?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Whaaaat? Where, pray tell, can you find these two tidbits? Times from the trailer would be helpful, or at least the general area. Thanks. =)

P.S. - Devastlian representin' August '01 WHATWHAT, hahah.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Whaaaat? Where, pray tell, can you find these two tidbits? Times from the trailer would be helpful, or at least the general area. Thanks. =)

P.S. - Devastlian representin' August '01 WHATWHAT, hahah.
Well, the second one is pretty obvious when you watch the second trailer frame by frame. For example, at the part with Mario's notoriously altered punch at the beginning you see a cone shoot off to the right when he hits Pikachu and down when he hits Kirby. After that you can see it for most every attack in the trailer. Here's the thread where it was first mentioned: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103539.

The first one's actually a bit iffy...but it's pretty obvious when looking frame by frame as well. If you look in this topic, the topic creator talks in detail about the footage contained in a montage which is completely different from that in the NWT. At the end of the footage Pikachu falls on the ground and, from the lying down position, rolls to the right and right off of the edge of the platform. There's also a part at the end of the second trailer where a mysterious purple spark appears near Fox' feet and he almost immediately after falls off the edge in which I believe he rolls off since that spark appears when ever you dodge roll.

Nice to see someone who's been around as long as I have. :dizzy:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ohh, I had never seen that footage! Crazy stuff.

Interesting thing about the DI markers, also. I would have never been able to notice them (can't play frame-by-frame), but I can kind of make them out if I focus my eyes to watch for them. Neat finds!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
The rAt: Just use the Z button and you can charge smash attacks initiated by use of the C-stick. Smashing with the C-stick is more inventive, and helpfull, for two reasons. Firstly, it goes against the "How to Play" video's instructions, and therefore isn't the way we learned to play the game. Secondly, and more importantly, this C-sticking technique allows players to input DI upon taking a hit to allow for a defensive follow-up attack. Knowing that your opponent is capable of this devestating countermeasure may force you to think twice before attacking, thus increasing the level of metagame strategy necessary to play at a competitive level. All that aside, if you press and hold "Z" imediately after C-sticking a smash attack, you can charge the attack in much the same way as you would charge a normal smash attack with the "A" button.

On a side note, how about that Link/Zelda level? (I'm guessing it's Link's.) Looks like a dizzy FD do'nit? I'm guessing you fight on that thin secluded section of masonry and occasionally the layout of that surface is altered "slightly". Looks like a kickin' stage, can't wait to try it out in...oh say...four months? :confused:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I looks like you can walk off the screen so it's not like FD. I don't really like this stage for some reason.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Me either-of all stages, a Zelda stage, is the crappiest one yet, while "mario" gets a freakin tour AND mario kart!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I honestly think that you have nothing to fear. If anything, Ganondorf will be improved this time around, especially with the advent of TP. Expect a non-clone moveset for Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Looks like a kickin' stage, can't wait to try it out in...oh say...four months? :confused:
Well, hopefully you're right. Maybe we'll find out this coming week at a little E3?

I hope that Ganon is returning, cause he is my main.
{raises hand} Also hoping Ganny returns. He was one of my mains, and one of my better characters (I'd say he's about 4th or 5th on my list). I don't think they would take Gannondorf out, they're keeping Bowser, so badguys aren't out the window just yet. Plus, he was the villain in about the same percentage of Zelda games as Bowser was in Mario games. And am I the only one who wouldn't be upset if Ganny came back only Luigified and without his sword? Maybe that's just because I'm used to him, I mean I'm going to main him either way, but he just fights so well as-is and I don't thnk we need anymore swords in the lineup. We don't want to make Smash into Soul Calibur now.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This thread sucks for not having the first post updated since January at all. WTF?! I can't go on gaming websites while at work so I have to search hard through posts or wait till 4 in order to go home and check the **** Smashbros.com updates. F-ing sucks.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
You know what, since Ganondorf got a sword and Link was in Soul Calibur, maybe they will replace Link for Ganondorf with the Sages Sword and that = pwnage...uberly.

I hope Ganondorf returns in Brawl with the Sword of Sages but if he doesn't(which he will), he must be Luigified. It is only right to do. The C.Falcon clone made no sense whatsoever.

That sucks Keitaro.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I would be happy to see Ganondorf Luigified with a slightly better and more original moveset, but the possibility of Sword 'Dorf is very likely. Notice that Sakurai is putting a lot of stock (pun intended) into TP designs for characters and levels, so it's only natural that Ganondorf's TP incarnation is the one we see in Brawl. And since he uses his sword there, I wouldn't discount seeing it in Smash.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i think Ganon will definately be in Brawl because of how awesome he is in TP. Also i do expect some new moves for ganon so he isnt just another clone. Im thinking that they would replace some of the b moves(maybe this time with his sword) but i want to keep his aerials, and the Mexican Truck ftw.

-PM-

Smash Ace
thank you HellsAngelLust (boy that sucked typing fast lol) eh i don't really mind what the make gannys FS hes not my main i just hope everyones happy with it

btw does anyone know if yoshi is in brawl cause if hes not im gonna be angry also if Mario doesn't have the fire flower suit im gonna be angry THEY GAVE IT PRETTY MUCH TO LUIGI AND MARIO HAS WAY MORE EXPERIENCE WITH IT DAMMIT!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well Yoshi is semi-confirmed. We have a Yoshi stage, music for a Yoshi stage, and we've seen his icon. Plus, he's too important to Nintendo and Smash to not be in this one either.
QFT. Yoshi's been around since SSB64, he's part of the Big 8 and he's popular to boot. Trust me, there is no way that Yoshi will get excluded from Brawl.

-PM-

Smash Ace
ok good because hes one of the main reasons i play smash still i mean i love my mario im the best with him but the fact that i can be a fat yellow yoshi (doesnt throw yellow eggz RAWR) pretty much give me that haha that was fun feeling still lol

anyways whats with all the people thinking sonic is going to be in brawl i mean hes not really a Nintendo character at all it would be great to use him (even though he would be floaty and faster the falcon maybe which would be kind of weird) i dont really think that will happen. will it?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
QFT. Yoshi's been around since SSB64, he's part of the Big 8 and he's popular to boot. Trust me, there is no way that Yoshi will get excluded from Brawl.
You can't say that for sure, but yes. I also think he's going to be in ssbb.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of ruling characters out, but I also wouldn't say someone is in for sure before there is enough evidence to put me beyond a reasonable doubt. All signs point to Yoshi's inclusion, but I wouldn't jinx it by having the temeritiy to say he's already in :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
anyways whats with all the people thinking sonic is going to be in brawl i mean hes not really a Nintendo character at all it would be great to use him (even though he would be floaty and faster the falcon maybe which would be kind of weird) i dont really think that will happen. will it?
I hate repeating the evidence that would make him have as much a chance as anyone, but if you want me to explain why Sonic is a likely bet, please tell me.

EDIT: SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST, I THOUGHT MY FIRST ONE DIDN'T SEND BECAUSE IT WASN'T THERE WHEN I REFRESHED. MY BAD XD

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
Its really likely that yoshi wont return they have a yoshi island level but no yoshi, come on
that would be pretty dumb.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Mario and Sonic are going to be in the game "Mario and Sonic Go to the Olympics" togther. This shows that there are open communications between Nintendo and Sonic Team and all other groups associated with Sonic and his rights. I believe this is going to be released in the future for the Wii. You can double check this fact by listening to the SmashCast,I believe it is the second one released, and while this only shows that Sonic is minorly involved with Nintendo, Solid Snake is barely involved with nintendo, only having one game for the Gamecube. Tell me, if Snake is one of the main characters and he only has one game with for a Nintendo system, why would Sonic not have a chance if he is going to be in a game with the flagship characters of Nintendo its self, Mario.

I'm not saying he is GOING to be in Brawl, I'm merely asserting that there is enough evidence to suggest he has as much of a chances as any other character.

Well there were no levels for Marth or Roy and they were in melee, and while there were 5 Characters from the mushroom kingdom, only 4 of them had levels.(Excluding yoshi/dk) What if the Yoshi's Story level is for the character Pac E. Derm XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom