• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If Sakurai were to let us down on such a grand scale, chaos would ensue. Terrible as it is to imagine, I think we are all safe from that kind of torture. With such a high-profile title, Sakurai would be an utter fool to simply hand us a trailer as something to tide us over until TGS or something silly like that.

An hour and a half until a possible new character confirmation! =)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hahah, this is all true. But I'd much rather see another character confirmation than any of that. The only other things I would be satisfied with are Pit's stage, Pit's music, Pit's two other special moves, Pit's Final Smash, Zelda's special moves, Zelda's Final Smash, Wario's stage, Wario's music, Wario's two other special moves, Wario's Final Smash or another legitimately exciting AT.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, it also contains some info on the different controllers, and a screenshot of Link possibly performing a new Smash attack?

Also, I think there's the possibility that there will not be a trailer at E3.

Then, when it's over, Sakurai's like "Oh, by the way, check this out" and posts it on smashbros.com.
Consequently the boards implode.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Link looks SO cool in this picture! Is he doing a Mortal Draw from Twilight Princess there?? Pure awesomeness.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Holy crap YEAH!
That looks like a Mortal Draw! Gawd, I wish I could use my Gamecube and compare... I have no TV to play it on... *sob*

Mortal Draw! *gwee*

But wait, that would be a forward smash.
Wasn't it already confirmed by a bunch of Link mains that his F-Smash returns?

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Does it look like Link can counter now? It looks like he's in a stance to counter in today's brawl update at the bottom picture.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Wow tha smash atk up date was better after i read it lol i like the way Zamus looks and to answer some one Q a few pages back i hope not i dont want to have another sheik thing going on lolz Zamus should be unlockable but i still want to know her Final Smash is -_- so many Qs that dont have As but anyway i hope they confirm peach soon

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's possible that Link can counter, but I think that it's still just a Smash attack being charged in that picture right there. Note the same glow effect with ZSamus, not to mention Sakurai's own caption that talks briefly about charging up Smash attacks.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Even though Sakurai asserted that many of the characters will have a "new flavor", I don't think Link will be changed drastically. I would definitely like to see the Gale Boomerang in place of his old one, though. =)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It doesn't look so much as the counter, as it does the upgraded jump attack from TP. He charges it up and he slashes in front of him twice, jumps, and slashes vertically. It doesn't seem likea move that they would do, but it looks like that. Or maybe his spin?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Remember Link's fSmash in SSB64? It was an over-the-head vertical slash.
Now remember his fSmash in Melee? It was your choice of either one or two horizontal slashes.
I'll bet that move is Link's new fSmash. It looks like what WGWOLVERINE said, his jumping slash attack from TP. Maybe that will level the battlefield a bit more in Link vs Space Animal battles!

Take that Fox! You imbalanced furry you! (Sorry Falco. But the same goes to you too. Can you ever forgive me? I still love you!)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If he did get a jumping slash in Brawl, I would have to try Link out again. I still wouldn't use him regularly, but it would be so fun to jump slash. =)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I do think it's a new slash. It might make him better, they should make him more of a sword man. (look at marth, he's sick.) just imo.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think they need to do something better with the shield, I don't like what they did in Melee. When you just stand their and do nothing. (it's good that it blocks things, but boring as hell)

Shieldbutt will be cool.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Shieldbutt is a great idea. But do you know what's even better? Replacing the boomerang with a thrown shield!!! Maybe it would make it so that he couldn't block with his shield or ftilt when he throws it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Boomerang can stay, but only if it gets upgraded to the GALE BOOMERANG! Same aimable boomerang goodness but maybe with the power to create little whirlwinds if charged up before thrown.

Genesis Zero

Smash Rookie
In my personal opinoon, I think it makes smashes alittle to easy. But then again, lots of ppl may use it in there all the time strat. So, Maybe the C-Stick should b in the game...now im argueing my own points...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
By the same token, wouldn't "easier" Smashes fit into Sakurai's ideas of "ease of play" and "balance"? Just something to mull over. I'm pro-C-stick, but we'll see. Fingers crossed! =)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's such a key thing in the AERIAL game. there are few characters where it's an ESSENTIAL piece of their strategy on the ground.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Mmm.. true, but I think it should still be in, for the noobs, and the pros can use A. I kinda' need the C-stik. :embarrass

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I dare you to watch the pros hands. I'd be willing to bet they mix it in. It is definitely not noobish to use the c stick.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, I've never considered the C-stick to be "n00bish" in the least. Stick away, Smashers! Er, Smash away, Stickers? Whatever. =P

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Actually, I kinda hope the C-stick is removed. That's not to say there aren't some good players who rely on it. It's to say that they'd be better players if they didn't. It takes quite a bit more skill and timing to pull of smashes with A, because it requires the coordination of both thumbs, and because you've got the charge issue to consider (and knowing the exact right moment to let go), not to mention more of a delay on the attack. If you use A, you've got to be faster on the buttons than someone who uses the C-stick, especially if you use the charge.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well I mean, I'm arrogant to say it won't hurt my aerial game TOO much if its gone, I could see it hurting Fox since his pillar is pretty hard for me with out c sticking the dair, since you have to press down twice for the fast fall. But people will recover. EXCEPT PEACH!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ugh, I dread the thought of a Peach sans C-stick. Sakurai, say it ain't so! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom