• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That's pretty crazy, the whip and the video. Although I'm pretty sure Bowser's counts as a hand ball. ^^ Waluigi isn't really known for doing much, he's just Wario's sidekick, so making him his own character would be fairly challanging. After seeing what HAL did with Wario, I'm sure Waluigi wouldn't pose too much of a complication, but I'm with you in assuming that he'll be made a Nintendaid instead.

Ever played the PS2 game War of the Monsters? If you havn't, don't bother buying/renting it because it's crap, but it did have one interesting idea that is relavent to the current discussion. This game featured a special attack for each of the fighters, and each fighter had two. One was a powerful, close range attack, the other a long range attack which usually involved a decent amount of skill to control and use effectively. What if Waluigi could swing his whip wildly about him when there was an opponent nearby, and if there wasn't, he could lob bombombs in true Waluigi fashion. I'm assuming these bombombs would damage anyone, not just opponents, hit by the explosions, while the whip would damage opponents only. Still a cool idea, at least for me.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
ROFL

none of us read the AT fully

it sead that the characters are guests and will not be playable at all there goes that theory of controlling them (unless u use AR)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, more than one situational attack would be rather awesome.

I always pictured Waluigi as being made into a crazy mimic character of Luigi. His lankiness could provide some awesomeness. But...his unimportance doesn't bode well for him.

Also, Bowser looks amazing. <3 Big characters.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Site...update...Bowser looks HAWT! Hopefully he gets a huge remake, I remember when I first learned he was going to be in Melee. Bowser was the first character I ever said "I want that to be my best character." about. He's just so **** cool!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
This is the part I hate about staying up until 3am to see the update. I get so super stoked and excited about it that I don't want to sleep, and then when I do see it I end up being so excited (if it's a good one; not like Banana Peel) that I can't sleep afterwards. I lose so much sleep and now I don't have a reason to wake up in the morning.

Oh well, such is the life of a Smash addict.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Dyce, the key is to stay up late normally, then the updates conveniently occur during your normal hours of business.

Yay for Bowser. I have to say though, maybe it's me but he doesn't seem to look as bad*** as usual. Maybe its because his claws don't look so sharp and his feet look kinda stubby. His eyes and hair look vastly improved though. It's also nice to see three out of four special moves in use so quickly too.

To clarify my thoughts on the trophy issue, I actually meant to suggest that the summoned trophy character would replace you, but act autonomously. However, I don't see why we can assume you can't control them. That is, the note Sakurai included was obviously intended to distinguish them from selectable characters, and let's face it, transelation is rarely an exact science. I'd have to go with Rhyme on this one; there are a couple of different ways you can read it. We're probably not going to know for sure until we actually play the game. Which will hopefully (but probably won't) be very very soon.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
This is the part I hate about staying up until 3am to see the update. I get so super stoked and excited about it that I don't want to sleep, and then when I do see it I end up being so excited (if it's a good one; not like Banana Peel) that I can't sleep afterwards. I lose so much sleep and now I don't have a reason to wake up in the morning.

Oh well, such is the life of a Smash addict.
Amen cuh...that banana pissed me off too
i have a feeling that bowser might be a little more mobile this time around
his new design looks so detailed, im glad they didnt give him the bright yellow skin and bright green shell look like he usually looks like in mario party

Fawriel

Smash Master
Agreed again, rat. They could very well be like Final Fantasy summons, which tend to make the party disappear to keep them safe from the OWNAGE.

Also.
Bowser.

Bowser for high tier.

I just LOVE how Sakurai addresses the people who expect the characters to be the same. And the fact that he does it now suggests that Bowser will be SO different he just HAS TO OWN!

I love this update!

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah bowser has a different look to him that saids deadlier range and deadly power. A true tank. I can't wait.

JPW

Smash Ace
you have to stay up till 3am.

Aussies are so lucky. It's just 5pm for us.

That's usually when most kids have been home from school, and some get off at Uni or work then, so it works perfect for us.

Except those who work in hospitality, and have to work nights. **** IT!

Don't bother checking it at 3am in the morning. I only do that on the nights I have work, then I sleep and when I wake up it's time to hit the forums and brag.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the screenshots that we saw of Bowser looked much more evil and less comical than his last outing. He's going to be very interesting to play with!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm pro Shiek btw, I have no resentment towards the character in melee and her story [I don't even know it] doesn't concern me.

Anyway, nice to see my up and coming main [I have a list and he's near last =(] with his new look. Hopefully his attacks have more priority and a little less start up time.

Kasje

Smash Rookie
Are there any confirmed unlockables? i could have stated these characters from the official trailer

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Snake is the only unlockable so far, any other 3rd party is also unlockable as far as I know.

Darn where'd that sig come from )=<

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think we're pretty long overdue for a Pokemon. I figure we'll be getting one of those soon, maybe this week or the next. Personally, all I want to see is Meta Knight right now. I'm getting annoyed he hasn't been updated yet (though today's update was the best update we've ever gotten, so I'm happy with it).
I wouldn't get your hopes up. My guess is that MK is going to be a hidden character, albeit an easily unlockable one. We all know how modest Sakurai is, especially when it comes to including his own characters. I just have a gut feeling that MK will not be playable just yet.

Marty

Smash Apprentice
On an (un?)related note; where there any characters in Melee that WEREN'T announced before the game's release? I don't recall.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't know how to interpret the new flavor comment. If Wario has some flavor new to Super Smash Bros. can we expect a revamped moveset?

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Are there any confirmed unlockables? i could have stated these characters from the official trailer
Was there a trailer I didn't see? Bowser wasn't in any one I saw. Although I was sure he'd return, there have been a few character announcements (Zelda) who were not confirmed from the trailer. I'm sure a bunch more Melee returners will be announced before E3, he might stop the updates after E3. How many more could he do and still have a big talk about Brawl then?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I doubt he'll stop after E3, this game is huge, and he could hand us a copy of Brawl and we'd still have questions he could answer.

Wrath`

Smash Master
So what about bowser do you think will change for the best?
I hope he acutaly has wieght so he does not fly off the screen easily

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Agreed, he really needs to be the true definition of a tank, able to receive much damage and able to dish it out too. It also seems that his f-tilt is longer, so he probably has more range this time.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Man, Fox is half the size of Bowser we'll finally get the real size of him.

We've gotten two new characters after the start of this update thing, and we've still haven't gotten Meta of Snake. They will be unlockables

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I could see Meta as being an event character. Like you have to beat him on his own ship. And what if Snake is unlocked randomly in vs matches, like there is just a box in the background one random match, and after the match is done, the winner must defeat Snake.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, an event situation is probable. I just don't see MK as a default character. He's been hidden in every Kirby game in which he's playable, so I doubt Sakurai will make Brawl any different. We got a taste from the trailer; now Sakurai will leave us in anticipation.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad bowser is back to bring hell he looks and it sounds like they gave him an up grade lolz but i wonder who else has changed this post today i will give it an 8 but who didnt know bowser was going to be on

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Maybe Bowser will finally switch back with Peach. Peach went from damsel in distress to a high tier character, while Bowser went from the big boss to the big suckfest. Big nasty turtle damsel in distress.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't see Sakurai totally nerfing Peach, though. The only three that really inspire and deserve nerfage are Fox, Marth and Sheik. I do see him balancing things out a bit: Peach's attacks might do less damage on the whole, and her DSmash is sadly a likely candidate to be toned down. :(

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
As someone who mained three out of the four characters you mentioned, I could care less if any of them are nerfed. IMO,(get ready to flame me for this one! have at it!) and this isj ust my oppinion, which is backed by little or no fact, I would not be suprised is Sheik did not make an appearance(that one I can actually argue with fact so try me on that) Peaches d smash its the only thing that would get adjsuted, not really nerfed, but her priority would most likely be changed, and I think Marth is less likely compared to some other Fire Emblems characters. I don't follow FE at all really, but Ike looks alot better in my oppinion.

So proceed to flame me for not believing that Marth will return, explain to me why you don't think peach will be adjusted, and not nerfed, and I DARE you to argue why Sheik would be in Brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
As someone who mained three out of the four characters you mentioned, I could care less if any of them are nerfed. IMO,(get ready to flame me for this one! have at it!) and this isj ust my oppinion, which is backed by little or no fact, I would not be suprised is Sheik did not make an appearance(that one I can actually argue with fact so try me on that) Peaches d smash its the only thing that would get adjsuted, not really nerfed, but her priority would most likely be changed, and I think Marth is less likely compared to some other Fire Emblems characters. I don't follow FE at all really, but Ike looks alot better in my oppinion.

So proceed to flame me for not believing that Marth will return, explain to me why you don't think peach will be adjusted, and not nerfed, and I DARE you to argue why Sheik would be in Brawl.
Actually I generally agree with you (it's that NE Ohio bond kicking in, haha). I think Marth will be removed in place of Ike due to his presence as a current FE character. Sheik will not appear for similar reasons: Twilight Princess is what's "hip" and "now" in the Zeldaverse, and Zelda's TP appearance only reinforces the idea that Sheik will get cut (although a TP-style Sheik would look insanely awesome). I think Fox is Brawl's biggest nerf candidate, but we'll see. And I think that more than just Peach's DSmash will get changed: I'm hoping for a B-move revamp. Get rid of NeutralB (freeing up Toad!) and SideB, change UpB to include Parry. Her popularity is on the rise, and with a starring role under her belt (SPP), it's only natural that she gets a retooling to reflect her growth in the past 6 years.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
NORTH EAST OHIO FTW! Bravo Aeris, Bravo. I've got my 40th post of the day, now time to go work on this tournament I'm organizing.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
omg if u look in TP and actually notice things Sheik reps the Sheikah duh take a look at the Back of Zeldas Hood and you See the Sheikah sign and i think that if the OoT is so out of date then why bring back the Music why not let Zelda have her blade (she had it in TP) why have Zelda use moves form OoT? i mean i would not be so Defensive about this for 2 reason one Sheik is my best and 2 the fact that every one is saying that Sheik is old if every one who dose not want to see her would just say i dont like her dont want to see her not that Sheik and the OoT is old and every thing old should move out the way and make way for the new stuff but yeah that all i had to say i am so glad i just wrote that down dont mean to offend anyone with this or get anyone heated up but get ya facts right and who knows what the Futer of the Zelda games will be sheik may make a come back but if we get a look of zelda move set and Bv is what i think it is can we drop the whole sheik thing please thank you

but off that who dose every one think is Better for Brawl
Roy or Lyn
Ridley or Dark Samus
Krystal or wolf or (Bring back) Falco
edited for got not lolz

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
So what about bowser do you think will change for the best?
I hope he acutaly has wieght so he does not fly off the screen easily
Maybe Bowser will have a property similar to the "super-armor" in Marvel vs. Capcom that Sentinal, Juggernaut, and Hulk have.
In essence, a single, somewhat weak physical attack won't even make them flinch. It takes a second hit in succession to actually start a combo against these characters. Bowser could have a similar armor. It would be kind of like a free crouch cancel against one attack at any percentage.

Stryks

Smash Hero
RaR: Yeah I agree with u, always tought big powerful guys in smash should have that, like bowser and black knight if hes in, it would be easier to play with and u wont be able to juggle such a big character so easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom