• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
All this week i'm not going to get disappointed, even if it's crap, (just look, and if it's crap, befor I go nuts, just think of E3, that's going to be a update, times 1000.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I really like the update, I really do, its just If I see wolf, dark samus, mach rider, black knight, or any of the COOL characters as an AT I AM gonna cry...

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
!!PEOPLE BIG NEWS!!

Zelda has been officialy confirmed.

Im joking of course but Sheik better stay

Whats up with this emoticon:lick:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I see this as a more credible way of returning characters being "pseudo confirmed" as opposed to the music updates, which is always a good thing.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm not maining shiek anymore for two reasons. I need to get ready for her disappearance, and Falcon is mroe likely at this point to be in Brawl. Time to look to the future XD

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm not maining shiek anymore for two reasons. I need to get ready for her disappearance, and Falcon is mroe likely at this point to be in Brawl. Time to look to the future XD
That's exactly why I'm not playing as Marth and the ICs as much as I used to... hopefully, both will return.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wolfy, that's FutaH right there if I ever did see it! Falcon being in and Shiek non-surprisingly absent.

Tell you what chiyo-chan, we'll have a poll on this topic, right here and now.

If you think Shiek will stay, 1 point. If you think she shouldn't stay but will, 1 point. If you think she should leave, -1 point. If you think she should stay but will leave, -1 point. You are also welcome to say stuff like "Although I'd love to have Shiek stay, I just don't see it happening." or something like that.

Vote away!

I vote that Shiek shouldn't stay AND will be leaving, so Shiek's already -1.

EDITed because I spelt chiyo-chan' dad's name incorrectly.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't hate Shiek, but I've never held much love for her either. I don't think she's likely to return, in fact I'd honestly say that there are clone characters that are more likely to return than her.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Shiek is gone, and good ridance...
I think she will still be on i dont know i just have a feeling i think the Oot was a good look because it is still standing strong even after this many years lol and i think alot of people like zeldas alter ego but what do i know its not like they are using anything from OoT any way wait a min yes they are Zeldas move and some Music wow but sheik still has no chance of getting in right? :chuckle:

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Shiek must die,end of story.The only thing better than seeing her not in Brawl would to be to see her as an assist trophy so all the people who mained her would have to suffer having so close but so far away...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm going to have to agree with roy_owns on the Sheik issue. But seeing as how that was not one of the options alotted (sp?) me, I choose Sheik should not and will not return.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I was asleep while most of the recent posting occured and I just want to weigh in on one thing regarding the assist trophies. Did anyone notice that after Kirby picks up the trophy, the next shot is of the Hammer Bro standing in the same spot? And in the next shot of the Hammer Bro attacking Fox, Kirby is also mysteriously absent. Is it possible that some, or perhaps even all, of these characters actually replace your player on the screen for a time? Or to put it another way, is it possible there are no coincidences?

It would certainly distinguish them from the Pokeball if this were the case.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
People, you have to say "leaving -1" or say "staying +1", if you are voting Got Blood? and Roy_Owns could please edit, and say one of them.

Come on, Sheik is one of the biggest characters, no?

Oh, and if you want to Vote please be clear, thank you. :)

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
omg i think that the rat is right about the assist trophies

also the update stated that kirby held the trophie up high there's no mention of him throwing it

Fawriel

Smash Master
.......rat, that's actually brilliant. He DOES stand in the same place.
Of course, there's no way one will turn into the Nintendog, but for humanoid, intelligent characters..
Woah...

Oh yeah, and Sheik should not and will not be in.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
i know they are NPC according to the site but did that mean u couldnt select them the point u made with kirby and the hammer bro sould mean u can control some of them when u get them
Ummm... who said what now?

Right, well, I have a strong feeling that Sheik will return to the series somehow. I have this feeling though, a sickening and sad feeling in the pit of my stomache, that she won't be returning to us a playable character. She may come either as a trophy, an Assist Trophy, or some other form of cameo.

As for the assistants, no I don't believe your character will go anywhere when you summon someone from an Assist Trophy. I think they'll just be like Pokemon, only they're not Pokemon... they're Nintendo-ans.

*Sidenote:
When Link summons his assistant from a trophy, he should do that thing where he discovers a new item from a treasure chest and he raises it over his head and then it floats about an inch or two above the palm of his hand and the music goes "Bah Bah Bah Baaaaaaaaaaaaah!" and then should you have to stop and read about four windows of annoying, slow-scrolling text describing the item even though you've gotten one in every blasted temple so far since you started the game and you know what a bloody map does.

Sorry... what game were we talking about again?

EDIT:
;)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
As much as I like Sheik, I have this nagging feeling that she is going to get the big boot for Brawl. There's a slim chance that she might be an AT, but even that's pushing the envelope.

Negative one point for Sheik.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well I don't think being an AT is 'pushing' anything. It seems like a fair and understandable trade-off to me. They made Nintendogs an AT, and they're just from a little cutesy game for puppy lovers. I mean, they're not even really Nintendo created character, they're just dogs. Why couldn't a fighter come back as a summonable fighter?

*Fingers still crossed on Sheik as playable*

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm being a bloody pessimist, Dyce. So sue me.

Lol.

As for Sheik being an AT, well...you got me there. It would be a great trade-off to at least see the fabulous, gender-confused ninja whup up on a next-gen console for a couple of seconds.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Fawriel -1
Stryks -1
chiyo-chan +1
roy_owns -1
The rAt -1
Got Blood -1
HellsAngelLust +1
LukeFonFabre -1
Rhyme -1

The ratio is 2 in/7 out at the moment, which means that only about 18% of people want Shiek to stay.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I was asleep while most of the recent posting occured and I just want to weigh in on one thing regarding the assist trophies. Did anyone notice that after Kirby picks up the trophy, the next shot is of the Hammer Bro standing in the same spot? And in the next shot of the Hammer Bro attacking Fox, Kirby is also mysteriously absent. Is it possible that some, or perhaps even all, of these characters actually replace your player on the screen for a time? Or to put it another way, is it possible there are no coincidences?
Oh wow...I'm not sure I'd have ever noticed that. But you're right, they are standing in EXACTLY the same spot. Good job, and it does support the theory that you can play as Assist Trophy characters using Action Replay.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Yea, but you couldn't play as a Pokemon like Scizor even though they had slight AI. Maybe you'll be able to play as the ones that aren't invincible? If anyone finds a way to hack Samurai Goroh, they'd always win unless they played another invincible assistant.

And I'm pro-Sheik.
(+1)

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
the way i see it is that though they only unveiled zelda as a playable character so far and didn't mention anything about her transforming to sheik can mean only one thing. It is that due to shieks popularity on the last game, they could have made it a separate character altogether so they wouldnt have zelda to hinder her or they just didnt make any pictures of zelda transforming to keep pople guessing in duscussions like these.

as eeveryone knows from melee, Zeldas best move is down+B!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Dyce +1
SC -1
DSmasher -1

I'm fairly certain Postito's opinion was to vote Shiek down, but I won't count it because (s)he didn't give any clear indication.

EDIT:

Same deal with lillight, pretty sure that's a vote up, but no indication given.

As it stands, there's three people in support and nine in opposition of Shiek's return. While it's understandable that our opinion will not in any way, shape, or form influence Sakurai's decisions, it does show how much support Shiek would have as a returning character, or in other words, her popularity.

Dyce, all I was saying is that if it were possible to play in game as the Nintendaids, it might also be possible to play as them with AR. This does not come into play when discussing Poke'mon because they are controled by the AI, which is different than a player-controlled Nintendaid.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well you don't control the Nintendaids. Read the update, it reads: "Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that."

Therefore, they are AI controlled, plus they'll be invincible, much like the Pokemon. The only NPCs that could be controlled by AR were the ones that could be damaged. Maybe I'm wrong, I honestly don't care because I'm not going to buy an AR, but I don't think you'll be able to do so in this Smash game either.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and be anti-Sheik, too. Boring character in SSBM etc. etc. Never existed in accordance with TP etc. etc. That sort of thing.

I hope the next update either has cool music or cool screenshots.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I think we're pretty long overdue for a Pokemon. I figure we'll be getting one of those soon, maybe this week or the next. Personally, all I want to see is Meta Knight right now. I'm getting annoyed he hasn't been updated yet (though today's update was the best update we've ever gotten, so I'm happy with it).

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Deva -1

Dyce, have you ever read William Shakespear's Julius Caesar? I believe the character's name is Trebonius, and it's his job to get Caesar to go to the Town Hall that day where the conspirators plan to assasinate him. Caesar's wife has a bad dream in which Caesar lays in a pool of his own blood, and standing about him are men who greedily bathe their hands in his blood. Trebonius must counter this, and he re-interprets the dream. He tells Caesar that blood represents the vitality and wisdom that Caesar's leadership gives to his people, and the fact that these men were bathing in it means they wish to share in Caesar's bounty. Thus Caesar goes to the city and is murdered.

What is quoted on the Dojo was interpreted a certain way, yet it can be interpreted differently to produce a seperate meaning. When I read that, I see player controled characters as a term describing fighters on the selection screen. At this moment, The rAt's idea that your character is temporarily replaced by the Nintendaid you summoned seems particularly valid to me given the positions of the characters and, because I have interpreted Sakurai's words differently, I'm still going to say that there will be a way to make these partially player controlled characters playable through AR.

Not all Poke'mon are invincible, make no mistake about it.

But yeah, if it turns out that Assistant Capsule fighters are not playable in any way, even temporarily, then there's no chance of AR being used to make them playable, however cool they might be. I'm just being hopeful, way to ruin that for me. ;)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well...Kirby and the hammer brother aren't in the exact same spot. We also have no clue how much time passed between Kirby holding the capsule in the air and the hammer brother appearing which might be enough for Kirby to simply escape to somewhere out of that rather close up view.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ooft...Grr...OK fine, so I was wrong. I hate being played by the Devil's Advicate (awesome movie). Ya' know, my logic says that they won't be player controlled, but I'd sorta hoped it'd be that way because, even though it'd be less fun that way, it would allow us to play as Nintendaids, the characters who weren't good enough to make it otherwise.

So yeah, chances are they aren't controlled by the player in any way. I'm less inclined to carry on the losing side of an argument when I'm tired don'cha know?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya that would be rather awesome. I had kinda almost wished in the deep, dark corner of the back of my head that I might want to kinda think Waluigi would be cool to play as. And, well, I believe he's near guaranteed to be an assist trophy. It'd be cool if he appeared and swung around his black whip of dark awesomeness. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom