• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Where do you think? Sakauri has a little dart board in his office and throw's a dart at it everyday to determine the next update. Meta's in the the middle and he has horrible aim.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd use colours again but I have 2 problems:

1) I'm a quick replier. I just prefer it that way.
2) I don't remember the code for colours, I think it's something like testing , but I could be wrong. I wish they'd have an option that allows you to change your default color.

On topic:

I kinda pissed that they haven't shown any of Snake at all other that in the trailers. The odds are he's going to be last. Even Zelda was confirmed before he got his own update. I have like no luck when it comes to this sort of thing -_-"

Ok I'm back in the colour club, I thought I didn't remember the code but I do.
He's saving the best for last obviously. He wants us to be anxious for Snake....very anxious! He is going to either have him up a bit before E3, or at E3, and we'll see him back in his normal kick @$$ ways, minus the cigarette, knife, and most of his weaponry, but still using the box and the rocket launcher! Hopefully he will have a Big Boss alternate costume, as well as a alterant costume where he's his old self=ya.

Originally Posted by the 100% Correct roy_owns
Where do you think? Sakauri has a little dart board in his office and throw's a dart at it everyday to determine the next update. Meta's in the the middle and he has horrible aim.
^^^^ Best statement on the SWF, EVER! The funny thing is it is probably true=do you have insider information roy owns=???? :) :chuckle: ;) Hopefully he has better aim at making.playing Brawl=ya...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
roy_owns, that comment about darts was one of the top ten funniest things I've seen on this forum (and I've been around awhile), but I certainly hope we aren't your primary source of self-esteem. We forum posters are a fickle breed. One moment we applaud your wit, the next we verbally beat you with a half eaten salami. It is our way.

chiyo-chan, your disrespect for the two dimensional one is not appreciated. Sure, he's not the best in the game, but he's a far cry from being the worst. I believe that spot will always belong to a certain little yellow brain-damaged mini-masochist. (Not to be confused with the almighty chosen one, who is slightly taller and doesn't hurt himself)

As far as alternate costumes for Zelda; not a bad idea, but I'm going to take it up a notch (BAM!!) and say it would be nice to have alternate costumes for all the characters. After all, technically a few characters got alternate costumes in Melee already (Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff), so why not take the time and extend such blessings to the rest of the Smash Bros. family?

Andy

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think it was regarding to Pikachu having an alternate costume, and was saying that's because Pikachu's aren't green, so in order to have a green team version they gave him a green costume, because a green Pikachu would just look silly.

majora_787

Smash Hero
...green pikachu....well, they made a green dokey kong in the last game, so I think they might be able to pull off a green pikachu. and this is nintendo. since when was being silly a bad thing in super smash bros? when the game comes out, people will be throwing explosive gumwads and banana peels at each other. -.- tell me that's serious with a straight face. I dare you.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I think it was regarding to Pikachu having an alternate costume, and was saying that's because Pikachu's aren't green, so in order to have a green team version they gave him a green costume, because a green Pikachu would just look silly.
Green Pikachu would look silly? No I think it will be better then a yellow pikachu, lol

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
...green pikachu....well, they made a green dokey kong in the last game, so I think they might be able to pull off a green pikachu. and this is nintendo. since when was being silly a bad thing in super smash bros? when the game comes out, people will be throwing explosive gumwads and banana peels at each other. -.- tell me that's serious with a straight face. I dare you.
A green Pikachu goes against the laws of pokenature, it's not so much silly as just plain impossible and wrong on so many levels. Fact is though Pikachu has relied on alternate costumes to change colour, a trend that'll stay in brawl.

Though I don't know why DK changes colour seeing as he wears a tie, unless it's just to make it obvious which team he is on.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Well, his tie does change colour... maybe he and his tie have a kind of connection that when his tie chages colour, he does as well.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Whose updating the first page? Why is Zelda still not in the confirmed list? It's been a while since it's been mentioned.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
2 things:

zelda-how much do you think they've changed her? is she going to be combined with sheik like in melee? why can't nintendo tell us?

wario-is his side b motorcycle move going to act like yoshi's egg roll? if so, they just wasted one of wario's special moves.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
2 things:

zelda-how much do you think they've changed her? is she going to be combined with sheik like in melee? why can't nintendo tell us?
I don't think (and I hope) Shiek doesn't return, the reason I say this is because she didn't make an appearance in Twilight Princess which is where they got Link and Zelda's design, sheik won't return unless they remodel her which I doubt

wario-is his side b motorcycle move going to act like yoshi's egg roll? if so, they just wasted one of wario's special moves.
we can assume it will be somewhat like Yoshi's egg roll

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think the egg roll comments refer mroe to the fact that it is a moving attack that you can pivot and change the directions.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I've decided to put my post in numeric bullet point for your convenience. If you approve, tap your foot once. If you disapprove, keep it to yourself.

1) Didn't we just get done discussing people's expectations about Sheik returning/not returning and how we think Wario's bike will act?

2) roy_owns, that was my point; in Melee Pikachu DID have alternate costumes. He had a costume with a party hat, a costume where he wore Ash's hat and a costume where he had a little tiny cowboy hat (or whatever it was supposed to be). They weren't very elaborate costumes, but they were costumes. Jigglypuff and Pichu had similar options. Every other character simply got color scheme changes, I believe that is what you thought I meant. My point was that if they can give the pokemon alternate costumes (though they are admittedly very basic), why shouldn't they include alternate costumes for other characters, too?

3) Donkey Kong as a beatnik? That's disgusting.

4) Pikachu changing colors is no more out of character than DK changing colors or Mewtwo changing colors. In fact, isn't there alredy an alternate 'shiney' color scheme for Pikachu anyway? Granted, I'm not sure I like the idea of Pikachu and his technicolor dreamcoat, but I'm just saying it's already been done in the game. Moot point, though, because like I said; I wasn't talking about alternate color schemes, I was talking about alternate costumes.

5) Chrome Pikachu? Don't we already have that when he goes metal? Pink Pikachu? Over Pichu's dead body. Actually...

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom