• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
that is so tru i should have read it first -_-

just read omg you are so right not a bad post at all i hate that it is cencord tho that sucks i want to see it i wonder if i... nope lolz not about to got to jail for that

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
lolz i think i will master Pit first the who ever but i just love the way he looks i hope i can give him black wing note- hells Angel- but anyway y do we still have TBA why cant they just give us a date i think (personal opion) that they are done with the game but just giving it some touch ups and i cant wait to see E3 07 just to get more info on SSBB but i am still jobless so i have no money -_- so i may just get the game when it comes out and have it untill i find someone with a wii or wait till christmas and get one then lolz ( i may just pre order it from the uk and then get a wii) -_-

hmmm is the release date 12/31? thats what it's saying alot on web sights

Rhyme

Smash Lord
HellsAngelLust: The shipping date on Gamestop was moved FOWARD to 9/1, which I doubt is accurate, but the fact that it was listed for November and was moved two months earlier gives me hope. Anyway, I would expect it by/for the Christmas holiday season.

roy_owns: Waaait...what? No, 12/31 as in six months not twenty years.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@HellsAngelLust:
Actually, the release date is "TBA 2007", meaning it will be released at any given time in the year 2007. When people say that the release date is 12/31 (the last day of the year), what they mean is that the last possible date for release is 12/31. We'll probably get it before December though. I'm throwing out a huge guesstimate and saying we'll be getting it October. November the latest.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hey roy ownz no jiggy ownz lol when it comes out i'm gone be so cheap and set up a ghey tourny a Game stop lolz=) watch me...:chuckle::chuckle:

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Actually, the literal transelation of "TBA 2007" is "We have no idea when we're gonna release this game, but we want you to believe it will be this year." I learned that one from Twillight Princess.

As far as the update goes, I really won't care about button configuration until I pick up the game and play it. Sure it's a great feature. It's a great feature which is currently irrelevant to me, because the game isn't in my hands. Characters, stages, items, even music gives me something I can see or hear or in some way preview. All we have on this button configuration thing is a description of a feature which won't really matter until we've played the game at least once.

As far as the character select screen, how do we know that isn't just fuzz put back there to fill up space? Or a prototype character select screen? Maybe you're right, maybe it is really a blurred version of the character select screen, but at the moment it's all just speculation anyhow.

I don't mean to be a killjoy for those of you who are genuinely excited about this, but I am really getting annoyed at how the makers of that site pretend like we need to know the littlest details about the game, so as to stretch out the information longer. But of course, I'm sure I'll be just as enthusiastic as anybody once we get some more character info.

Andy

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'd hope for some better characters than that for E3. I'd be really disappointed, unless they released some buffed up D.K and Yoshi. They need it so bad >,>

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
"Andy

Heh...
And ummm yeah, a few things to think upon:
If the cycle can be used in the air, and also travel to and fro while air born, +
Seeing that the Wario Waft fully charged gives him a boost, +
And not to mention, we haven't even seen his Up-B yet... =

Ultimate recovery?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, that's what I'm thinking. You'll probably be able to use it like a box (if you're not Wario that is). I, personally, was taken by surprise by this attack. This pretty much leaves the doors open for any character to have almost any attack imaginable. And now we know the Wario Waft isn't a FS, it's more like a cross between Bowser's nB and Zelda's aerial uA.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Just invert Zelda's aerial uA and you have it. =)

Seeing Wario's Side B was a relief; I once again have total faith in Sakurai's choices. I say that with confidence--unless he leaves out Toad, that is.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
@HellsAngelLust:
Actually, the release date is "TBA 2007", meaning it will be released at any given time in the year 2007. When people say that the release date is 12/31 (the last day of the year), what they mean is that the last possible date for release is 12/31. We'll probably get it before December though. I'm throwing out a huge guesstimate and saying we'll be getting it October. November the latest.
Thank you now i am less depressed lolz :chuckle:

but omg i would kill for them to just give a release date and i may just do like said and order it from europe lolz

omg on wario i felt sick when i saw his moves lol omg a fart attack :urg: i dont want to be knocked out because some one cant hold their wind in :dizzy: i fill sick so very very sick
but i like his chopper that would be on reason to play with him just to run mario (and some others) down with it lolz

Twintail

Smash Cadet
The bike really redeemed sakarai, and I'm wondering could you drive into someone and then jump off, leaving the bike to say... go off a cliff killing someone? I honestly see a ton of uses for this thing, but the speed and strength have a big determining factor

Edit: It also says that one bike will appear on screen, does this mean only one even if more than one wario is playing?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'll admit I can see Roy's analogy. Not saying its a good one, but I've been thinking about if someone else could snag his bike if he loses it. And twin tail, if your right, it could be the only thing in his metagame that could allow him to be played competitively. It would be one sweet edgehog technique if you ask me...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't think there are any weapons on that doofy looking chopper. It definitely is like yoshi's, except I'm interested to see if he is able to jump off of it and have it keep going or even jump cancel it into aerials. I would say from the looks of things it could POSSIBLY be useful in competition as an edgeguard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't like Wario's hog moves... >_>; I'm rather disapointed, I'd much rather see some "real" Wario stuff for his B moves. His Wario Waft move is pretty sweet though, but I just don't like the hog...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Look at that screenshot of the Wario Waft in full force. Is it projecting him upwards or is he jumping and using it? If it projects him... then I think it might double as a recovery move.

And as for the bike, if there's an all-Wario 4v4, do you think if one Wario drops a bike another Wario could pick it up and ride it?

EDIT:
Also, I'm looking forward to ghostriding it off the stage onto people trying to recover. I kinda hope it's a semi-spike considering the attack itself seems difficult to play competatively with and it also seems a bit clunky.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
or can any body pick it up
What I meant to say was "pick it up and ride it". Which leads me to another question: Do you think every other character could ride his bike? Or will they have to just keep Wario away from it?

EDIT: Because if it doesn't disapparate on it's own like a normal item and it was worth the pickup, then that could be the ultimate anti-Wario strategy: {KEEP WARIO AWAY FROM THE BIKE!}

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Wario truly is an unpredictable character. Pulling out a motorbike and riding it around the stage (and effectively bringing an item into the match regardless if items are turned on), and a passive charge up move that may double as a recovery, not to mention one that looks pretty devastating. The question is how long do you have to wait until it reaches its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom