• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well it's not great like every update should be. And the whole thing was patheticly narrated: Banana Peel> "Oh, she threw it"> "Look out you're going to slip"> "He slipped"> "He's on his butt"> THE END

Like we didn't know what a Banana Peel did. Yes it's a universal joke Sakurai, Japan isn't that cool. Maybe if you had thrown two lame updates at once, it wouldn't be that bad. Banana Peel and Recover updates on the same day for instance. Both sucked, and if they were both put out at the same time it would lessen the pain.

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ Dyce
Agree, two updates would have been sweet, Thank god I didnt stayed up til 12 am, cause I wouldnt be able to sleep of the crapiness the update was, ok that was harsh yes, but u gotta admit its one of the lamest updates to date...
hoping for a veteran confirmation tomorrow...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well we did have one of the best updates ever Monday. Actually, I think I'd rank it #1; it was something everyone was happy with, no controversy, plus it was unexpected.

Three w00ts for Zelda!
Hip hip... w00t! Hip hip... w00t! Hip hip... w00t!

I know you're obligated to have a crappy update after a great one, but this one was the epitome of an update attempt failure. Banana Peels are nothing new to anyone, especially to video games.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Alright, so you guys are right; the banana update was worse than the 'how to play' updates. I was just trying to find an upshot.

As far as the music goes, I'm not a huge fan of waiting a day to hear half a song either. Unless it's the Zelda Medley. I don't know why, but I just love OoT music, so I was actually quite enthused to hear their little medley.

I guess what bothers me about the whole thing isn't the boring updates, it's the fact that the whole way the sections are broken down seems to be designed to maximize the ammount of obvious and/or useless information that can be given. Its the fact that it seems very intentional how we only get one or two real updates in an ocean of crap, so that this whole update thing can be stretched on as long as possible.

I dunno, maybe I'm just easily bothered. Just watch, we'll get another vetran by the end of the week and we'll all be singing Sakurai's praises again...

Andy

Stryks

Smash Hero
Roy_owns:

That depends on the person, some prefer items, some prefer how to play, I for one prefer how to play, sometimes is just something incredibly basic like grabbing the edge, but sometimes its the Smash ball, which is just simply awesome, Im hoping we get a new technique soon...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah im bettin theyll show many veteran characters before E3, and show some more plus newcomers in a trailer...

Next one? Hmm hard, seeing how we got Zelda, which was kinda random, I expected yoshi, DK or something, heres hoping its Falcon, or ganondorf who I think its unlikely, but gotta say Falcon, yoshi or DK...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I don't see any of the veteran clones being shown until much later. The reason being is that they're either going to be Luigified, or gutted and remade. Either of which, they're new(ish) characters.

As for the next returning veteran... I've been wanting to see Yoshi, and I still believe he's going to be one of the first few. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing DK at E3 for some reason and it's going to be a big thing {just a hunch}.

Anyway, I think we'll be getting Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, or Sheik/Ness (if they're keeping either one of them).

EDIT:
But I am getting a little annoyed that they havn't shown us Meta Knight yet. What's the deal? Where's the Meta love?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Honestly as far as predicting the next returning characters, Zelda messed that up pretty badly. Logically it would've been Yoshi, but now I wouldn't surprised if we don't see him before E3 (assuming we get more returners before then, and Yoshi is revealed at E3 at the latest).

I honestly want them to at least confirm a character from an unconfirmed returning franchise as of yet, mainly FE as I'm concerned about Marth now. While I'd love to see Peach or Bowser or Luigi or Ganondorf in their glorious brawl incarnations, I'd rather the next returner wasn't a Mario or Zelda character.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
about freakin time Sakurai gave us some actual character info we could use, i really glad that zelda made it but one thing is bothering me, what will her upB move be now?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well i myself think that since all the zelda's use magic, it'll stay similiar

just change the name and what wraps zelda and most people will agree

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Ah well, so what's a day, a 365th of a year; If Smash Bros Brawl is to be released at the end of November, for instance, we still have 150 days of updates - as their are 40 odd characters (I think), the other days have to be filled with random item, game play, stage, etc. updates to fill in the time between the most awaited character announcements. They can't release all of the characters in one swift, narrow gap of time, because that is the most important information and cannot at once be released about the game - and it might not have been decided.

Also, Masahiro Sakurai might not update the site with the secret characters, because they are secret.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Nope. No redemption, just names. That's right, we waited another day for names. Thanks Sakurai.
Actually this has the potential to be the best update yet, further down Sakurai says something about personal button configuration. He didn't say much about it but I figure we won't be complaining about the placement of buttons and moves this time.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
i know! they better not post Meta Snake or Zamus in one for kicks just to piss people off or they may just be showing who is playable from the start and leave the unlockables to be unlocked lolz i mean that would make them some money because people will buy buy buy and they will sell sell sell and also it will keep people guessing

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I enjoyed this update. At first, when I saw the title I groaned, but it's actually a half decent update. It tells you about some of the game options, tells you that custom button layouts are included (but I'm going with the classic layout of course), and... it shows us part of the character selection screen! "YEEEHEEHEE!" {giddy squeal}

They fuzz out the good stuff, but now we know what the background visuals look like:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvWhat they fuzzedvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Is there a way to de-edit what they altered in this picture? If there is, we've got some early info here!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah if someone did that, it would be great. I got a few PM's by people saying that the backround looked gay and choppy. Losers...I deleted them and forgot who they were so can't flame or anything. Good update though...now I am going to play some smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom