• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Keep away is interesting, it could explain why it looks like mario is picking it up in the one pic. Maybe he only gets one bike per match and it would benefit the other characters to trash it?

Blood-Katana

Smash Apprentice
you wana play rough SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FREIND
What I meant to say was "pick it up and ride it". Which leads me to another question: Do you think every other character could ride his bike? Or will they have to just keep Wario away from it?
1.i new you where saying pick it up and ride it
2.i just asked the question do you think any other character could ride it
3.snake on that hog equals one bad@** muther F%$ker

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
EDIT:
Also, I'm looking forward to ghostriding it off the stage onto people trying to recover. I kinda hope it's a semi-spike considering the attack itself seems difficult to play competatively with and it also seems a bit clunky.
I seriously laughed my *** off at the "Ghost Riding" comment, Dyce. I am so gonna try that out when I get Brawl.

As for the Wario update as a whole, I like it. I've been curious to see what they would do with the selfish little ******* and I think it's kinda fitting.

Smooth Criminal

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
No I think Wario will be able to keep pulling the bike back out like Marco and his Magic Football.

...Does anyone remember that game?
...Was I the only kid alive to ever play it?
...C'mon! It's about a kid who's soccerball falls into some toxic slime and he can manipulate it to kill badguys...
...It was on the SEGA Genesis for christ's sake!

Ah... forget it. But I think if the bike is still laying on the field Wario won't be able to spring up another one. I think junking it would actually help Wario.

EDIT:
@Blood-Katana:
1. Yea I realized after I commented.
2. Whoops, I didn't realize that at all...
2 1/2. My bad!
3. Word

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
On a related note, if I ever get a hog ghostrided onto me by Wario and it spikes me, I will instantly swith mains, and never use the character again.

EDIT: I vaguely remember a game like that. I dunno, I may have played it once or soemthing. But also if you need to junk it or get it off the edge for a new one to be obtainable, I can already see a glitch or little trick that allows him to produce mroe than one, which equals the less effective, stupider version of turnip spamming.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't think other characters can ride the chopper. Not only would it look awkward for some characters to ride it (I'm looking at you, Kirby and Pikachu), I wouldn't have thought Mario would've actually picked it up if he could just hop on it. Still, looks like a pretty devastating throwing item, even moreso if you can actually swing that thing.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah I think I've seen the light on the topic of riding it.

And alot of those weird characters like Ridley that people are saying are "pseudo confirmed" because they have music, wouldn't work, would they?

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
i wonder what happens will this make fighting with him more or less fun because i really dont enjoy playing with yoshi but b 4 i make that decision i will have to play with him or see his B and b up move

i wonder how kirby would look when he absorbs pit meta or Zamus O_O i think i just shocked my self trying to think about wario

i ALSO wonder how the whole tournament thing will work with wifi i wonder how SSBB online will be i have a long list so let me just stop here lol

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
i wonder what happens will this make fighting with him more or less fun because i really dont enjoy playing with yoshi but b 4 i make that decision i will have to play with him or see his B and b up move

i wonder how kirby would look when he absorbs pit meta or Zamus O_O i think i just shocked my self trying to think about wario

i ALSO wonder how the whole tournament thing will work with wifi i wonder how SSBB online will be i have a long list so let me just stop here lol
It's not about what kirby would look like if he absorbs Pit, Meta or Zamus, it's about Snake, now that cool. :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
But the ears are intact, what did kirby get when swallowing fox?
Ears and that helmet thing, now I doubt in this smash he'll get the face, I say he'l lstick with the ears, and helemt, but add the visor...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
But the ears are intact, what did kirby get when swallowing fox?
Ears and that helmet thing, now I doubt in this smash he'll get the face, I say he'l lstick with the ears, and helemt, but add the visor...
Kirby will look cool with a visor, but not as cool as Snake. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think other characters can ride the chopper. Not only would it look awkward for some characters to ride it (I'm looking at you, Kirby and Pikachu), I wouldn't have thought Mario would've actually picked it up if he could just hop on it. Still, looks like a pretty devastating throwing item, even moreso if you can actually swing that thing.
I think the only other character that COULD use a chopper is Mach Rider IF he makes it ino Brawl. I originally thought the idea of a chopper was retarted, but Sakurai made me think otherwise. Nice going Sakurai, convincing me that something I thought was retarted can actually pretty awsome, amazing, intresting, and completely original. I can't wait to see what else he has in store for us=YAE!!! :)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hooray, The rAt is back! Glad to see you're participating in forum discussion again.

I look at the motorcycle as something like a box; you can pick up, walk slowly, and throw it. When it hits a wall/floor/player, I hope it explodes like the "party eggs" from MKII. That would be a reasonable and cool effect, it would stop people from spamming the hog, and it would allow Wario to use his move more often. Imagine leaping off the hog into a midair WWaft, 45% combo for the win vs Fox or Falco. ^^

Hey, here's an interesting new bit of information, official box art for MP3. On the cover is none other than Dark Samus?...perhaps??

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hooray, The rAt is back! Glad to see you're participating in forum discussion again.

I look at the motorcycle as something like a box; you can pick up, walk slowly, and throw it. When it hits a wall/floor/player, I hope it explodes like the "party eggs" from MKII. That would be a reasonable and cool effect, it would stop people from spamming the hog, and it would allow Wario to use his move more often. Imagine leaping off the hog into a midair WWaft, 45% combo for the win vs Fox or Falco. ^^

Hey, here's an interesting new bit of information, official box art for MP3. On the cover is none other than Dark Samus?...perhaps??
ZOMG.

Now I wanna play MP3.

That's a good idea for the 'hog, Rhyme.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
After seeing Haloid I can't wait to try out Zero Suit Samus.The action in this game is gonna rock!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
After seeing Haloid I can't wait to try out Zero Suit Samus.The action in this game is gonna rock!
I agree whole-heartedly. Monty made ZSS look like a total BAMF.

lol can't wait to run Snake over (Don't post about my hatred to Snake)
Snake-hater! :p

ZOMG.

Now I wanna play MP3.

That's a good idea for the 'hog, Rhyme.
Same here SC, that game's gonna rock out loud. I don't know why I didn't pre-order it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Hmm...imagine a team battle with Wario and DK (or Bowser or Mewtwo may suffice) in which Wario busts out a bike, jumps off, and his team mate picks it up and runs around with it...Craziness.

Also, glad to see you're participating, Rhyme. This forum needs more color club.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Brawl just stepped up to a whole new level. In Melee we received duo fighting and morphing. Now it seems that we have vehicles as well. Wario can hop onto his bike. But unlike many people (most who just like Marth and his boring right, left, up, down slash because it sets them up for easy combos), I do not think it will be like Yoshi's egg.

Wario has flavor. He is about unpredictability. I think the bike

1. Gives Wario speed
2. Allows him to leap off at any time to deliver an ariel therefore increasing his strategy
3. Allows him to plow people under

But to counter these great abilities (Yoshi's egg was too weak, but Wario's bike without any downsides would be too powerful) there are several weaknesses.

1. Wario must return to where his bike lays to use it again
2. Characters can guard or throw the bike away
3. Wario loses a move when his bike is on the stage

Yes, this is speculation. But I think it is logical. And definaely flavorful. So far Wario offers two NEW things to the game that brings Brawl to a whole new creative and fun level.

1. A vehicle
2. A move that grows more powerful over time without a deliberate charge (and a move that only gets better over time theorectically; bigger blast and an alternative revory).

So many people are claiming that Wario is going lame. But it seems that with the few special moves we have, he is more creative and full of innovative goodness then the other new characters.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hmm...imagine a team battle with Wario and DK (or Bowser or Mewtwo may suffice) in which Wario busts out a bike, jumps off, and his team mate picks it up and runs around with it...Craziness.

Also, glad to see you're participating, Rhyme. This forum needs more color club.
I use colors,but i forgot about thiis thread.

i just want to fart on peeps, i wonder if it could also be used for recovory,it shows him flying upwards when he uses it

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
wario want be lame but i dont think other charaters would look right riding on his chopper only snake/Zamus/and fox would look okay on it by my opinon

@ The Wrath of Koarin if you and i meet on SSBB and its an online tornament and you kill me with a fart -_- i will have to find where u live (joking lolz) but i would feel very very very disturbed and i would be mad at you

and i wonder what would happen if you ate(got) food would it make the fart bigger or will it be like roys/Marth B attack where you hold it then release (lolz)

but anyway how do yall think the online play will work? i know it would make it better but i just want to know how it would work ( what i mean is would it be like boards or chat rooms) think about this is making my head hurt lolz but what eve

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Hey Rhyme, long time no see. I've been off getting my degree and trying to figure out what happens afterwards. But fortunately I've given up on that, which leaves me plenty of time to post in my favorite forum.

Devastlian, you're right about the colors. I've been trying to decide on a color to post in myself. What about Green?

row_owns, I don't think anything can top G&W's little juggling move in my book, but maybe it's just the reactions on people's faces when they get tossed aside by a little black dude, who is essentially paper.

Bowserlick, interesting... very interesting. If it's true. I dunno, I think this whole bike thing could go a couple of different directions, given the information they've given us. Which reminds me, with daily updates which only cover one aspect of the game, you'd think they'd tell us more.

Anyhow, I'm still pulling for the idea of either throwing the bike or beating someone sensless with it. Mainly because it would allow me to re-enact the scene with the cop cycles from Jet Li's The One. Yeah, it's shallow, but I'm okay with that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd use colours again but I have 2 problems:

1) I'm a quick replier. I just prefer it that way.
2) I don't remember the code for colours, I think it's something like testing , but I could be wrong. I wish they'd have an option that allows you to change your default color.

On topic:

I kinda pissed that they haven't shown any of Snake at all other that in the trailers. The odds are he's going to be last. Even Zelda was confirmed before he got his own update. I have like no luck when it comes to this sort of thing -_-"

Ok I'm back in the colour club, I thought I didn't remember the code but I do.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Snake's a secret character AND he's a 3rd Party guest. He probably won't be shown on the site for quite some time. He will definitely be the first 3rd Party guest to be revealed, but I'm guessing he'll be the 3rd to last character to be given an update on the whole. The next two (hopefully it'll be two and not just one) will be the other 3rd Party guests {!*cough*SonicAndMegaman*cough*!}.

I just don't understand why they havn't shown us Meta Knight yet. He most likely isn't going to be one of the secret characters and is the first newcomer shown in the first trailer. Zamus could either be unlockable or Samus' post-FS transformation, which makes it understandable why she hasn't been shown in a character update yet... but c'mon... where's my Meta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom