• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That sounds great, I never knew how was in melee till I bought some cheat book with strats for unlocking everyone. I kinda hate myself for buying that book now.

/wrists

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
GaW was the only one I didn't know about. I got everyone else, and most of the features on my own. So young back then. I'm ready now, got this on lock down.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Yoshi yoshi yoshi

Ive been playin with yoshi since day 1. Since freakin yohsi story 64. An after watchin a speed run of that game over the weekend. I realized they screwed yoshi up. Yoshi used to be alot faster. He growled whenever he crouched and was by an enemy. His tounge was able to to grab onto platform and eat many objects. Sure his second jump was as long. But it could move in all directions.

What i would like to see happen to yoshi is have his tounge game open up. I want to eat everything in a 360 degree radius. And since the b move turns stuff to eggs. I think yoshi should be able to throw u. alos. they need to open up what he eats. Yosh seen anywhere else eats everything. I think the same should be applied to smash. I'd like him to be able to eat parts of the stage. And if he ever grabs stable ground. then it should pull him along. Shy guys, missles, veggies, sheild, charge shot. This way his toung would open up his game alot more. An this would improve his egg throw tremendisly

Egg throw revamped. If yoshi is able to load eggs up. he could go into a firing mode with the radical. After u throw the egg once and it pops. If you have extra eggs. A radical will appear. And by tapping b u can throw multiple eggs. This would help yoshi out soooo mutch. Since hes so mutch endurance in battle but not alot to do witht that time.

hip drop- I'd like this to spike since it's that whole DOWNWard motion. but if it doesn't that cool. I mean i'd at least like to have more than stars. Like a quake affect. Also If you fall from higher distance there should be a greater impact. So bigger quake. And a longer shot of the stars.

egg roll- egg roll is not bad but it could be better. What i would like is more control in this egg stance. Like it'd be great if you could just regularly bounce without using a ledge or platform. Also it would make alot of since and help. If he could go up walls.

Shield- Oh please. Let me jump out of my shield again. I vow that pressure won't be a problem anymore lol. But for reall let me jump out of the shield like everyone else.

oh an one last thing. let yoshi's be customizable like with colors shoes an what not. other than that. I can't wait for the new yoshi to come out. I hope my wishes come true.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I speak for my fellow Yoshi players when I say I just died a little on the inside when I read that. All I saw was "Make Yoshi the new Fox."

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lol i know all that stuff can't happen. but with the whole moving with the supper scope. And looking at Pit's super moves. I'm pretty sure his tung is gonna be revamped. I don't know how much but it was atleast go in more directions. I mean i don't want yoshi to be a top tier hoe that everybody used. But i do want him in at least middle tier.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Rest assured. Yoshi( not technically confirmed, but theres enough to almost guarantee the yosh man is in) will beat out Wario, because in my best prediction, Wario will be the sole inhabitant of the One-Below-Bottom-Tier.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I like Yoshi too!

I thought of a way to make Yoshi's uniqueness even greater and make him a stronger character overall.

--------------

Yoshi

I Want Yoshi's [B + >] Egg Roll to be removed.
Change Yoshi's [B + ^] Egg Throw to be the new [B + >]
Add new [B + ^] Called the Flutter Float

Flutter Float:

Basicly once done, Yoshi will move its feet in a similar fashion to its second jump,

however, he wont move at all, just float mid-air, while floating, you must repeteadly

press [A] to gain vertical movement, no horizonal movement can be achieved untill the

move is over by using DI. While Flutter Floating Yoshi can use any other Moves as

if he were on the ground.

This moveset revamp will not only make Yoshi have a bit of an easier time recovering,

it will also add to its uniqueness, wich is something I have always loved about him in Smash.
(Also helps hes already amazing Edge to Stage gameplay; Like the Edge-Canceled Egg

throw)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
(A bit late on the post)

Well all I can say is I'm buying the strategy guide along with Brawl. I'm not going to open it right away though! I'm going to play the game and find as much stuff as I can. Then, when I've maxed out all my ideas on how to possibly unlock anything else I'm going to crack open the book. I'm going to stay off the boards for a bit, and ask my friends not to tell me anything about secret characters UNLESS they themselves figure out how to unlock them but not tell me who I'm unlocking.

But looking at the cover of that guide is going to be SOOOO tempting. :urg: Maybe just a peak...

Fawriel

Smash Master
...is there any way not to accidently find out about the secret characters without staying far away from anywhere in the internet, especially these forums?
I would like finding out stuff for myself, but...

...well, on the other hand, being a European, I'd probably have to deprive myself from the internet for several MONTHS.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Good point. I hereby suggest that post-release in Japan and the US but pre-release in the abused PAL-regions it will be legio and good manners to use spoiler-measures. OR an entire thread could be marked "will contain discussion of actual game content - probably contains spoilers for those yet to have Brawl!". Of course, us PAL-peeps will have to go halfway and not complain if we don't look out for the spoilertags.

Is that a good idea? Threads being marked "May not contain discussion of game content" or "Game content discussion"?

RE: The June 11th update - the new Fox Illusion move looks as cool as his redesign is not cool. Hopefully all returning characters have gotten some tweaking, and are diversified from one another to a higher degree. I want to feel an even more marked difference between technicians/hit n' run/close combat/heavyweight chars...

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Did anyone else notice that Fox's blaster is not out in those new brawl pictures? Maybe it won't be out continuously after all...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I noticed the lack of blaster too, and yes, those purple things are similar to when you pause mid-phantasm in melee, and there are blue copies of Fox behind him. In my oppinion, I think the blaster will probably be out continuously, WITH THE EXCEPTION being other moves. Like the three pictures show Fox using the phantasm, the fire fox, and what appears to be his dash attack. The flaw in my theory is the bottom left picture, with him in the crouched position. So that could be indicative of Fox having a taunt similar to the last game where he crouches a bit then gives the whole 'Come on' schtick, or that there is just no proof to my theory on moves that override the continuous blaster.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Sorry bout the double post. I clicked quick reply, didn't send, so I edited it, and it was still loading, so I refreshed and it was all messed up. sorry guys... T.T

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
fweet. I guess that means b-forwards still in... just had paranoia before, because I hadnt seen any characters use what could be forward+b... And yeah, I'd avoid using the stratagy book if possible, but in some cases (like luigi and mewtwoin melee) youd have to unlock some characters by complete accident...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I got mewtwo on accident(me and my brother were playing and he left and I left it on with the tv off) and I got luigi like my fourth or fifth time through adventure. I was freaking out since I went through the previous time and didn't get anyone.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It probably would have had him like, switch into a stance to fire, but I think it was easier for the designers to make his physical game look more natural without having the blaster out, because it probably would've looked weird if we just have Fox pistol whipping people.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wouldnt be happier If Fox turns out mid tier or lower, even though I doubt it'll happen, I can just image, the shine being completely useless and fox players will cry to sleep XD *sigh* I can dream cant I?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not really, The shine and all, makes me mad, also I know more fox players than any other type of player, Fox is just too **** used :p *Hides behind anti flame shield*

VA

Smash Hero
I have been looking at screenshots of Wario and have come to a really weird conclusion, probably totally wrong: Wario can grow and shrink at will. Clearly he is able to enlarge his fist (as seen in about 3 screens) but there are other screens suggesting overall size change. In the Pikachu screens he is massive, clearly a lot bigger than pika and pika is roughly the same size as kirby. In the Kirby screens he is tiny, just smaller than Kirby while taking a boot to the chest. Of course this could just be the effects of super/poision mushrooms but meh, interesting to think about eh?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Why does everyone say that's Fox's dash attack?

Look, load up Melee.
Pick Fox, do his fthrow.
You're welcome.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, totally Fox's fThrow. I pity da foo who thinks that's his dashA.

I noticed something about Kirby from his screenshot with Wario.

There's a "static" effect when he makes contact with his smash fA. I've mained Kirby in SSB64 and toy around with him in SSBM, and to my knowledge there is no way to "shock" your opponent with that attack. What could this mean? Is Kirby's foot stronger now? I guess that means they de-nerfed him. I wonder... maybe his foot has a sweetspot now?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Why does everyone say that's Fox's dash attack?

Look, load up Melee.
Pick Fox, do his fthrow.
You're welcome.
We aren't talking about Melee. Maybe it is his dash attack, maybe it is his F-Throw. Just because Fox looks similar to how he does after the F-Throw, doesn't mean it is. Verdict: It probably is the F-throw, but there is the possibility that since fox got such a goofy makeover, maybe he'll have some new goofy attacks. I miss melee fox already.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Wario can grow and shrink at will. Clearly he is able to enlarge his fist (as seen in about 3 screens)
Regarding that. It's just a mere cartoony effect. Many characters have their fists, feet and even heads enlarge with certain attacks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We aren't talking about Melee. Maybe it is his dash attack, maybe it is his F-Throw. Just because Fox looks similar to how he does after the F-Throw, doesn't mean it is. Verdict: It probably is the F-throw, but there is the possibility that since fox got such a goofy makeover, maybe he'll have some new goofy attacks. I miss melee fox already.
>_> Yeah and maybe it's his Up Smash.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Dyce: May I commend you for your MS Paint skills? I commend you. Pistolwhipping would compel me to main Falco again.
Yes you may commend me! :grin: And thank you very much for doing so!

And even if Falco has pistolwhipping or not... I'm still going to main him regardless. (If he makes it that is... but I don't see why he wouldn't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom