• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
That hurts Creo, but I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

I'm really confused why anything DK hasn't shown up yet. (DK 4 LYFE's name reminded me about him.) When do you think we'll get anything involving him? I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting a little worried since Nintendo seems to be alienating him slowly from the Mario Party series.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Dyce, I don't know what you are talking about commending...I just replied.

I am worried about D.Kong as well. There is no way he can die now...I say make a sidescrolling DS D.Kong to bring it back. He needs to be in Brawl and stay with Nintendo.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay I still don't commend you(if I can post my handrawn Falco sometime, you'll know why)but I give you the humor FTW...It was good.
PS-does Pika even have teeth..?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Two things:

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
There's a "static" effect when he makes contact with his smash fA. I've mained Kirby in SSB64 and toy around with him in SSBM, and to my knowledge there is no way to "shock" your opponent with that attack. What could this mean? Is Kirby's foot stronger now? I guess that means they de-nerfed him. I wonder... maybe his foot has a sweetspot now?
One: I think the static is just an extranneous effect, like from an item or an after effect of Wario being hit by something else. I doubt Kirby can electrocute people now...

Two: NYEH!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That is very commendable. I say d-tilt should be a swift space-bat to the knee caps.

I bet for characters like Kirby and Pikachu, Snakes final smash is to put a card board box overtop of them, which results in suffocation and loss of one stock. Perhaps he uses some sort of shipping crate for Wario, fat jerk.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Dang. Too many people are good at MS Paint. All I can do right is play paddleball, and NOBODY likes paddleball...

I do a mean robot, though. In fact, I did the robot after receiving my diploma at graduation. I like that.

Commends all around! On me bartender!

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, that music is awesome! And yeah, I agree, Ridley's chances just shot up even further. He's not Semi-Confirmed tho: Balloon Fighter's music was in Melee, but he wasn't playable (even he was playable in the Beta version according to rumours).

As for tomorrow's update, I'd guess it's either going to be an item or Metaknight. I'll go with Metaknight

Amy

Smash Cadet
This music means Ridley will be a boss instead of a playable character
I think Ridley will be in the game as a playable character, as far as we know there could be like 50 characters in the game because the amount of chars hasn't been confirmed yet.

Chances is I bet a some custom robo characters make an appearance, or possibly some animal crossing support items?

Sorry I should just stop this here, I hate smash bros brawl because it's giving me too many speculated ideas :mad:

Amy

Smash Cadet
Ok, if you check the site it says Metroid: BOSS Battle Music (Ridley Fight)
What makes you so sure Ridley isn't unlockable after beating Samus's adventure mode? It's possible, remember they're expanding the story modes on brawl to make it feel more like the individual characters story.

Actually I hope to see Bowsers :p his will be chaotic I presume :|

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eh, roy_owns, that doesn't mean ANYTHING.
Think about it, what was the first song we got? Menu 1. It will be played as background music in Battlefield. Read: Not in the actual menu.
It's a REMIX of the song it's named after.

What I think this does possibly indicate is:
-Ridley's in in some way, or they could've taken a normal boss song, final boss song or no boss song at all.
-There will be a stage for every character, not just every franchise as a whole.
->We'll see a stage depicting one of the places you fought Ridley in a Metroid game.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I guess you guys are right. AGAIN! This is who I think will be the Final Boss for each CONFIRMED Character:

Mario- Bowser
Link- Ganondorf or Vaati
Pikachu- Mewtwo or any other Legendary Pokemon
Kirby- Meta Knight or King DeDeDe
Samus- Ridley (of corse)
Pit- Medusa
Meta- Kirby or King DeDeDe
Wario- Waluigi/Mario
Snake- ?
Fox- Wolf/ Andross

Amy

Smash Cadet
I guess you guys are right. AGAIN! This is who I think will be the Final Boss for each CONFIRMED Character:

Mario- Bowser
Link- Ganondorf or Vaati
Samus- Ridley (of corse)
Pit- Medusa
Wario- Waluigi/Mario
Snake- ?
Fox- Wolf/ Andross
Pits arch rival is medusa? :s

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'll say Samus.

With Ridley's Final Music, that just cuts off all hopes of Ridley being playable.
No, it really doesn't cut off all hope. In fact it helps him out a little.

I'll think that a soon as I know what contradictory means.
lol n00b
Contradictory- {kon-truh-dik-torr-ee} to go against an already claimed statement or popular belief

This music means Ridley will be a boss instead of a playable character
Once again, it doesn't mean that, but it also doesn't really mean Ridley is anything at this point.

Mario- Bowser or Wario
Link- Ganondorf or Vaati
Samus- Ridley (of course)
Pit- Medusa
Wario- Waluigi/Mario
Snake- ? This is tricky, they may put Liquid Snake in, or Big Boss, or no one at all... he is 3rd Party afterall.
Fox- Wolf/ Andross
Pits arch rival is medusa? :s
Yup :chuckle:

Amy

Smash Cadet
roy_owns just makes up things as he goes. He really has no idea what he means, nor is he (for the most part) logical in his proclaimations. Ridley could be a boss (like Giga Bowser), an NPC (like Kraid), or a character. But at this point, no one knows except Sakurai and Sora Ltd.
Yeah he is a lucky one lmao developers have the best job, KNOWING what's going to happen.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Exactly. Notice how close we are to page 500. No one wants to talk about the same old news we had form 6 months ago.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
While I disagree with some of the things roy owns says, I think most of us are on his case mostly because we are so desperate for a good update that we are taking it out on him. No more levels, items, or music. I WANT A CHARACTER. Even a reconfirmation with moves like Pit's.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
are you kidding me? today's update IS one of the best! not just the theory that Ridley may be in the game (which i think does state he WILL be in the game) but we get one of the coolest themes EVER! i never got a chance to see a metroid game until i played Metroid Prime, and i was in awe at Ridley near the end, AND IT PLAYED THIS SONG!

now that my rant is over, i'm going to listen to it again...and again and again and again and again..........

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
well sayed ...claps....
Hehehaha... it's an ironic statement due to a typo.

I'm loving the new song. And I like how it drops the hint/possibility of Ridley in the title. I've never played or owned a Metroid game other than MP:Hunters (which I love), but the music is wicked sick. I can't wait to see what Ridley will be in this game. Personally, as much as I'd like to see him as a playable character, I think he'll be another NPC like Kraid was, terrorizing the level behind you. I'd like to see this: a level on a platform that's perpetually falling down a hole while Ridley chases after you. OR! same thing, only without the platform and you fight on Ridley's back. I don't know what Metroid that was from, but I saw a Youtube video and it looked fun.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aren't there any really memorable places where you fought Ridley? Like, on top of a burning skyscraper or something funky like that? Such a dramatic location would definitely make this song appropriate.

By the way, I have something actually on-topic for you.
Sakurai said there will be enhanced aerial combat and stuff, right?
What will this mean for Luigi(as good as confirmed)?
Assuming that his abilities remain about the same, would this benefit him, since he has fast, powerful and high-priority attacks, or make other characters overwhelm him due to his extremely slow aerial movement?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
(Dyce)I do not recall that one either so can someone tell me about it.

I think Luigi will excel at aerial combat due to jumping ablities. Though he may move slow in the air do to light weight, he does have power and quick attacks. We will have to see for aerial battles later on because as of right now, Pit and Metaknight will probably have the edge due to flying ablities.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
I'm loving the new song. And I like how it drops the hint/possibility of Ridley in the title. I've never played or owned a Metroid game other than MP:Hunters (which I love), but the music is wicked sick. I can't wait to see what Ridley will be in this game. Personally, as much as I'd like to see him as a playable character, I think he'll be another NPC like Kraid was, terrorizing the level behind you. I'd like to see this: a level on a platform that's perpetually falling down a hole while Ridley chases after you. OR! same thing, only without the platform and you fight on Ridley's back. I don't know what Metroid that was from, but I saw a Youtube video and it looked fun.
For shame, Dyce...not having played Prime 1...seriously, the game's only 20$ used as a player's choice title.

Anyway, the video you're thinking of is from the Prime 3 demo, which ended in a fight against Ridley while both of you fell down a kilometers-long shaft.

Fawriel said:
Aren't there any really memorable places where you fought Ridley? Like, on top of a burning skyscraper or something funky like that? Such a dramatic location would definitely make this song appropriate.
The artifact temple from MP1 sort of works. The problem with all the other battlegrounds is that they're all just big rooms. Most 2D Ridley fights just consist of Samus pumping Ridley full of missiles faster than he can claw her to death. There's never any particularly stand-out features of the arena or anything. Although...Ridley's cry in Super and Fusion was WAY cooler than the one from Prime.

But yeah, I'd say Artifact Temple. It's a giant stone field covered in smoldering ruins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom