• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I thought the kick looked like an aerial version of gannon's up A attack, but without the explosion at the end. The Rocket looked like a tilt or down smash attack. I just hope it some sort of meteor smash. that would rock.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
He's probably extracting it from his anus--like most things he says--but I hope spikes are phased out of existance and replaced with meteor smashes. And a good majority of the characters in SSBM had a meteor in some form or another so it doesn't seem that far fetched.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Of which silly comment? The one about Snake being a clone of Samus or the one about every character having a meteor?

Personally, I still think spikes should be incorporated into the game. But they should be harder to execute. Like Ness' dAir should be a spike and not a meteor. Same goes with Mario and DK's fAirs.
Falco's fB should be a spike, but his dAir should be a meteor. (Though I love that spike so much. I'm a Falco mainer.)
Marth's dAir should remain a spike.
Fox's dB shouldn't be a "semi-spike" but it should be a meteor.

I could go on and on, but it's late and I'm tired.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Update: Four methods of control. This makes me happy...last week I went out to Best Buy and purchased a new GCN controller in preparation for Brawl. Now that GC controller compatability has been confirmed, on the day I open up my shiney new game, I'll have a shiney new controller to compliment it.:cool:

Dyce: Interesting idea about slowly executable spikes, however, I'd prefer fast-acting meteors. Make all meteors about the speed of Gannon's Fair (or a tad faster), and since they're meteors, you can still meteor cancel them. But, whatever Nintendo decides on, we'll complain about the change then get used to it, just like last time. ^^

Red Exodus: I'm guessing you have fun playing devil's advocate...ALL the time.:laugh:

Stryks: I'm going with that axe kick as a Fair spiking move like Mario's or DK's, which means it might have two hitboxes. Like a few people said, it looks like Link gets bounced off the ground, and he doesn't exactly go too far.

Sensai: You're not a moderator, learn your place darnit!;)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
^^^^
Of which silly comment? The one about Snake being a clone of Samus or the one about every character having a meteor?

Personally, I still think spikes should be incorporated into the game. But they should be harder to execute. Like Ness' dAir should be a spike and not a meteor. Same goes with Mario and DK's fAirs.
Falco's fB should be a spike, but his dAir should be a meteor. (Though I love that spike so much. I'm a Falco mainer.)
Marth's dAir should remain a spike.
Fox's dB shouldn't be a "semi-spike" but it should be a meteor.

I could go on and on, but it's late and I'm tired.
I'm pretty sure all do have meteor smashes. I'll have to go check my guide book, though...

The only meteor which should be modded to be harder to do is Ganondorf's Thunderdrop (assuming he still has it at all). That thing was ridiculous. You didn't even have to be in the vicinity for him to drop you to the bottom of the level. Half the time, you'd die from the air around him, and the rest of the time it seemed to be his head that was spiking you...grr, Ganondorf...

Oh, but I almost forgot...I wanted to add: I really hope Fox gets dropped big and ends up being mid- or low- tier this time. He's been on top in every game. It's time to give someone else some of the lime light.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah Fox is ridicolously good in SSB and especially in SSBM, im bettin they'll make him a tad slower, his jumps would be slower too, and the shine will have a totally diferent effect, maybe kinda like the cape, it hits u, does damage but doesnt give knockback... lets c what the fox players can do withouth thir precious shine!! hahahaha!! :p

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I hate to (temporally) change the topic, but... Is it me, or Pikachu looks somewhat smaller than he used to be in Melee?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I still think all the spikes should be meteor cancels...:/ And they should balance speed with strength with them. Like, Falco's: instantaneous, really strong; Zelda's: about the next fastest and one of the weakest. If Zelda does a quick little kick and it just kinda taps them down a little and Falco does a spin in mid-air that's almost an instant kill pretty quickly...that's not balance...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I still think all the spikes should be meteor cancels...:/ And they should balance speed with strength with them. Like, Falco's: instantaneous, really strong; Zelda's: about the next fastest and one of the weakest. If Zelda does a quick little kick and it just kinda taps them down a little and Falco does a spin in mid-air that's almost an instant kill pretty quickly...that's not balance...
I like to compare Sheik and Donkey Kong.

Skinny ninja girl. / 2 meter mighty gorilla with arms like trees.

Quick whack with a hand. / Puts hands together, pulls back, then thrusts them forward in a large arc.

SUPERAWESOMEMURDERKILLERATTACK. / Some knockback.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Compared to the level of graphics in melee, the shine was kind of like a joke IMO, given, an excellent attack. They have alot to work with with Fox, and since so many people want to main fox because of his speed, you can only expect about half of the Fox users to be disgusted by him unless they use the same move set, and take back the look change from the world video. Can't wait to see how it's handled if shinespiking is nonexistent.

Man. For any of you who think I hate Fox, I just missed posting a sweet rant about how Fox isn't as broken as Sheik, and that Fox in melee is a finesse player, and will be in Brawl. I posted at 1:01, thread was close at 1:00. So don't flame me for hating the Fox-man.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i agree with you actualy,i truly want to see the fox community fight without shine, i ask my freind who uses fox,"what will you do without shine?"he replys"there is no chance it will be removed or changed"
So most fox users don't think it will be toyed with

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Fools!!! I will have this game imported before hand to get enough practice, and own Fox ahead of time. muhahahha:laugh::laugh:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
i agree with you actualy,i truly want to see the fox community fight without shine, i ask my freind who uses fox,"what will you do without shine?"he replys"there is no chance it will be removed or changed"
So most fox users don't think it will be toyed with
I can already feel it in the air. Fox users are terrified. They may seem sure, but it's killing them inside lol.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Actually, I don't think Fox's shine will be removed, and this is comming from a Samus main who's edgeguarding nightmare is that shine. Point is, the shine is a balanced move, but Fox's ariel speed in Melee made it FAR to easy to use compared to the N64 version. I would like to see Fox made weaker. Afterall, he is only effective because he has good killing moves, and plenty of slower characters (like Y. Link, Pichu, Kirby) were not given moves NEARLY as powerful as Fox's Uair/Usmash alone. If Nintendo were to simply make him weaker, his speed would balance out, and we'd be able to keep that high-priority shine that everyone loves.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This is the last thing I'll say on the topic of making characters better or worse. I think the best course of action that the boys over at Nintendo could have taken on this one, was to develop characters from the bottom of the tier lsit to the top of it. The fact that there IS a tier list shows that characters aren't balanced all that well, but I don't want to get a tier argument going, and I don't want to be yelled at for going off topic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never really used shine [to me it was the reflector back then] before this site, and I was a Fox main for like 3 years before I joined so if his shine is gone I'll still give him a whirl but if he doesn't fit my style then I won't main him anymore.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
WGW, it's impossible to balance characters completely, there will ALWAYS be a tier list, the thing tier lists don't show is how far apart the characters are, so even if one character is able to do something, that gives him an advantage, that the others can't he will make it to top tier.

For some reason I can't edit.... oh well....

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
the shine is retardly powerfull i play against three l-canceling infiniting refflect sheilding combo people it's just ghey should be nerfed impo

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Two things. One, I don't know where I said it, somewhere in the realm of General Brawl Discussion, but I do acknowledge that there will always be a tier list, but my point is that the designers can't have one in mind. If they think, oh well this guy will be sweet, and this guy will stink, then the tiers will be predefined by design, not my evolution of game play. Second, I was ready to call you on the double post, then I saw you couldn't edit. It's happened to me a few times, so enjoy the doubler, and a thumbs up on discussion!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If the initial update of Smash Dojo was at a time that they chose to suit JPN, I think it is a pretty safe assumption that they will have first crack at it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
@ Roy Owns, elaborate on your statement please! In my oppinion, give them a one day headstart. They better practice up so they can get whooped on the day after.

As for me, I'll be busy for the next couple hours working on the Game and Watch Judgement study. What fun XD

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Japan always gets things first. There's really no chance for us of getting it before the East. But I really don't care as long as I get to play ASAP.

@roy_owns: What? I don't really understand that, but I think I can guess.
Every country gets the information at the exact same time on a global basis. We get it at 3:00AM here on the East coast, Japan gets it at 4:00PM... different times on different clocks, but when it's 3AM here it's 4PM there so we're all getting the news at the exact same "moment" but not at the same "time". Get it?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Japan always gets things first. There's really no chance for us of getting it before the East. But I really don't care as long as I get to play ASAP.
They didn't get the Wii, TP, SPM, Mario Strikers Charged or Mario Party 8 first. They got Wii Play, Wario Ware, and Goddess of Dawn first, though...

Also, SSBM came out in NA about eleven or so days after it came out in Japan. So there's a decent chance of a simulataneous or near simultaneous release.

Plus, the UK page for the game on their official Nintendo site still says the games coming 2007 so there could still be hope for them. :(

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

@roy_owns: What? I don't really understand that, but I think I can guess.
Every country gets the information at the exact same time on a global basis. We get it at 3:00AM here on the East coast, Japan gets it at 4:00PM... different times on different clocks, but when it's 3AM here it's 4PM there so we're all getting the news at the exact same "moment" but not at the same "time". Get it?
Thats kind of what I assumed. It's the same time at every point in the globe, it just doesn't look the same on a clock XD

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going to steer clear of the Japanese if they get it before we do here. I'll find a safehouse nearby so I can figure it all out by myself. Thats the best part.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah what im gonna do is tell my cousin to write down how to unlock a certain character but without writting who it is, so that way if I beat event match ## a newcomer will appear and Ill be very ****in surprised :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom