• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm going to begin importing the best matches I had with Antz yesterday. Since lagless ledges and no ASL both didn't work, these matches only had hitstun 9%, hitstun 11.75% (later on), no tripping, and ALC. Also, DIDDY KONG IS NUTS WITH HITSTUN.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I kno it applies to others but Meta is just notorios for that. ToonLink is like broli on mugen and this doesnt help lol.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
If anything it's just frustrating.

Not to mention, in vanilla brawl, there's almost no need for teching 99% of the time.

Now that we've changed hitstun, gravity, etc. I feel like we need to adjust the tech window as well to suit the new mods.
YES, that's what I think and I was going to say...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Spunit PMed me today with a big beta form of the shield stun code. This really is a beta form because knockback gets really nerfed depending on the stun value and also, perfect shields gets shield stun also.. But what this IS good for in its current state is something that allows us to test and find the right stun value while we wait for the final form of the code to come out

Wow, I also noticed that the code pushes you back further in a shield. It also doesn't seem to affect weak hits. This code is definitely not playable in its current form unfortunately.
Quote:
I found something. It's one line but it affects knockback too.

04B88480 XXXXXXXX

it's normally 0.7 (3F333333)
frames stunned = attack_power(1-X) + 3

It's important to note that the multiplier is 1 MINUS X, so smaller value give more stun.
Sorry paprika killer, I have no idea what to say...collaborate? :(

Ill be away for the day so hopefully things progress nicely when I get back! :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
First off, you should probably avoid talking sh** about C. Falcon, especially here of all places. Second, I do not main Falcon in Brawl. I do not play Brawl, except to test Brawl+. I main Captain Falcon in Melee, and the crushing disappointment I felt when moving from the equivalent of a responsive, sleek and fast machine, a Ferrari (Melee Falcon) to a rundown, beat up Ford Model T (any Brawl character) is what convinced me that unless some miraculous change was made to Brawl, I would never play it. That miraculous change has come to be: Brawl+, here to rescue us from the slow-mo campfest of Vanilla Brawl.

I think Powershielding should be viable for blocking projectiles and not much else, which is already the case. I don't think it's necessary to nerf powershielding: it is backward to nerf defensive tactics by giving projectile spammers an easier time.
Misunderstanding I guess. I wasn't talking sh*t about Captain Falcon. I was simply stating what you yourself just said. In Brawl Captain falcon is a MASSIVE downgrade from melee. In fact he was my second best character in Melee I was a Mario player in Melee. I didn't use either of them In Brawl. In fact I sold my Copy of Brawl just before I found out about Brawl+ so I ended up buying it back.

Osi

Smash Ace
Misunderstanding I guess. I wasn't talking sh*t about Captain Falcon. I was simply stating what you yourself just said. In Brawl Captain falcon is a MASSIVE downgrade from melee. In fact he was my second best character in Melee I was a Mario player in Melee. I didn't use either of them In Brawl. In fact I sold my Copy of Brawl just before I found out about Brawl+ so I ended up buying it back.
I really think he will be incredible again once a momentum code comes out. I lot of the difficulty of landing the knee is the slow air speed he has now, it makes the move so easy to spot/avoid. It also really gimps his up air combo ability to not have decent air speed out of dashing. He is one of the main reasons I want to see that code so bad lol.

Osi

Smash Ace
"It feels like every one of these codes is being custom tailored to make fox, sheik, marth, and falcon good again."

- me

Yeah...
From what I've noticed it also adds a ton of combo ability to ness, mario, luigi, pika, jiggly, G&W, IC, and PT just to name a few. I saw a post a while back about falcon, fox, sheik, and marth looking so good mainly because old melee players are picking them up first in most cases. A large reason for it is because they are now closer to their melee playstyle, and it's easier to pick them up with past melee experiences on them. I tend to agree on this a bit, and it's a large reason for me playing so much falcon/fox. I mained them on melee.

I think the codes have helped the entire cast, but there isn't much shown on the other characters yet. This will change as people pick them up more. Luigi is a beast now too lol, one of the guys I play with uses him, and the codes helped his SH combos a lot. The momentum code will help fox/falcon a ton because they are fast ground characters that take a big nerf in speed once you jump. I'd expect sonic to be insane and the most effected by this code being added.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
This project is actually starting to make me sad. Are we trying to improve stuff because it wasn't entertaining, or are just wanting our old favorites to be good again? For example, do we really need a dash jump modifier? Does it make a big difference to the majority of the cast that you can jump further from a run?

Almas

Smash Lord
Tried out the shield code. It only seems to affect knockback within a shield from what we noticed, although we didn't keep it on for long.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Ah. That's a problem, then. Zxeon, when did you get this error? Before the stage loaded, ,when the stage loaded, when a minigame was supposed to load? What? This sucks that it has to be on warioware... the only banned stage that would become a neutral with this code.

@Almas: You sure?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Ah. That's a problem, then. Zxeon, when did you get this error? Before the stage loaded, ,when the stage loaded, when a minigame was supposed to load? What? This sucks that it has to be on warioware... the only banned stage that would become a neutral with this code.

Make sure you note which other codes are on as well. I've yet to try the stage freezes with other codes on. Solo they've worked fine.

Osi

Smash Ace
This project is actually starting to make me sad. Are we trying to improve stuff because it wasn't entertaining, or are just wanting our old favorites to be good again? For example, do we really need a dash jump modifier? Does it make a big difference to the majority of the cast that you can jump further from a run?
I think it's less we are trying to make the old high tiers(or our favorites in most cases) good again, and more along the lines of as we fix things some of them get better. There are plenty of characters gaining a lot from these codes outside of fox/falcon/sheik/marth.

IMO the momentum would help all characters to an extent. It really just makes their dash jump match their own characterized dash speed. All medium to fast characters will be helped by this a bit, and the faster the more dramatic it would be? I think the big argument when this code idea was brought up was it breaks MK even more since he is so fast, but I honestly expect MK to be banned anyways lol. I think sonic will improve the most from a dash momentum code, and maybe squirtle? It should help most characters jump further off stage for recovery gimps too.

zxeon

Smash Lord

It happened after a few seconds of playing there. I guess that's when a minigame was supposed to start. After the first time I ejected the disk and cleaned it then it happened again. The funny thing is it only happened when I was playing against a human opponent. I play the computer there all the time and it's always worked fine.

Almas

Smash Lord
We played on Warioware multiple times with the code active (4 players) and nothing seemed to go awry. How bizarre.

I'm not certain, leaf. As I said, we only tried it out a little while. The change in knockback is a lot more noticable than anything else, either way.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
The level speed modifier works wonders! It's probably one of the best codes for Brawl+, because it opens the door for so many maps!

I've experienced a few oddities with the code, though it wasn't a problem, just certain stages don't perform well with it. Namely, Shadow Moses Island. Once either one of the two columns are destroyed.. they don't go away, yet you can still walk through them as if they are gone. To make things worse, the screen keeps shaking because the columns glitch up and made the collapse noise repeatedly.

Otherwise, the code works flawlessly. I don't like the new Pokemon Stadium for example, I find the treadmills and gravity modifier of the stage to be rediculous, yet I love the original stage. What's awesome, is now, with the code, I can freeze the new Pokemon Stadium so that it won't transform. It'll stay as the regular stadium the entire match, being a good neutral stage. It's comparable to FD, Battlefield, and Smashville now.

Also, I've had no problems with the Warioware level with this code, it worked flawlessly. This map is also a great map now, in its neutral state. With that said, Pictochat is another unique map in that it's flat like FD, but without the weird edges. It has a walled bottom so that characters can wall cling (Lucario). So this map is great now.

There are so many great levels now, I love it.

TL:DR
•Level Speed Modifier = a must for Brawl+
•More playable maps = win
•Pictochat / Pokemon Stadium 2 / Warioware all look to be great neutral maps -- comparable with FD Battefield and Smashvilled (to name a few).
•I never experienced any bugs with the code, like crashing, or freezing, and I used it on many of the maps.
•Pirate Ship is now a great map without all of the hazards-- it is really interesting!

@Almas, what do you mean "nothing seemed to go away" with regards to warioware? I've played it a ton with the code and it works perfectly well. At start, it freezes with a pig picture in the background, and the 4 raised platforms. It's worked perfectly for me each time I've played it.

D

Deleted member

orca, you say no bugs, but this is not entirely true, try using BF800000 (is -1 in float)
some stages like mushroomy work good, but others, like castle siege (good one frozen btw) get glitchy.

ofcourse this is irrelevant since we will only be using 0 or 1 as level speeds, but you never know when someone tries to be funny and then blame you because you said it doesn't have bugs.

Osi

Smash Ace
Nice new avatar paprika

Oh and I totally agree with you on the pirate ship stage, so fun now. Glad others are enjoying the freeze codes too! I finally took MAD out to fit in the codes to only freeze picto, pirate ship, norfair, wario, green greens, port town, and PS2.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
orca, you say no bugs, but this is not entirely true, try using BF800000 (is -1 in float)
some stages like mushroomy work good, but others, like castle siege (good one frozen btw) get glitchy.

ofcourse this is irrelevant since we will only be using 0 or 1 as level speeds, but you never know when someone tries to be funny and then blame you because you said it doesn't have bugs.
The fact that certain values = oddities is null. Then don't use those values. The value that I'm using, I'll have to get the code from my SD card when I have a chance works on every level, some better than others. As I mentioned, don't bother using it for Shadow Moses Island. You mentioned castle siege, and that map works flawlessly with the code (and values) that I'm using.

With the correct value, it's the perfect code.

Nice new avatar paprika

Oh and I totally agree with you on the pirate ship stage, so fun now. Glad others are enjoying the freeze codes too! I finally took MAD out to fit in the codes to only freeze picto, pirate ship, norfair, wario, green greens, port town, and PS2.
Yeah, I input the codes at my friends house, then copied everything to my SD card. When I have a chance I'll copy and paste which ones we're using. I've already made a neat concise text document so that the code is easy to understand (ex. I label each level in the line of code). Green Greens is actually an awesome map now, and could be considered for the tournament scene-- maybe as neutral (It may already be now--- but it'd be better suit for it with the code-- I've yet to go to a tournament ;( ) The stage starts with the initial yellow blocks, and a few bomb blocks. Once they're destroyed they don't come back, nor just the tree gust wind at you. It's a much more interesting map now, and can now better display 1vs1 fights.

Osi

Smash Ace
I'm a little iffy on castle siege atm. It works so well frozen, but I don't feel it needs to be. The walk off stage of it is not a big issue with the CGs for DDD gone right? As much as I love the frozen platform stage it creates... I'm not sure what to do with it.

Osi

Smash Ace
Yea that's kinda where I was leaning to on it since it's a good CP.

The button activation of it would be awesome.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I was playing on Warioware again today and it didn't DRE. So I think it's ok as long as you make sure your disc is clean.

BTW yesterday when it froze the characters fighting where Toon Link and Marth.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Yea that's kinda where I was leaning to on it since it's a good CP.

The button activation of it would be awesome.
Button activator sounds cool, but would only work for CP's of course. Hey Muba, if your not busy, you should try to find out if hazard deactivation is even possible. If so you could give PW or Paprika the heads up on where to look.

kupo15

Smash Hero
here is a little one...not sure if you saw it or not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P61U22lEkvo&feature=channel_page

Tried out the shield code. It only seems to affect knockback within a shield from what we noticed, although we didn't keep it on for long.
yea it is quite unplayable. It also only seems to affect strong hits. It was crazy pushing ppl really far back with ikes jab.

Back and I see there are no improvements to the shield stun code :(

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
kupo, I went to that video you posted and I saw that you said this:

We also chose 1.1 because it makes comboing a littler harder while not changing brawl's overall floatiness too much.
That's exactly the opposite of what we're trying to achieve. I was under the impression that we wanted to remove the overall floatiness of Brawl while leaving combos intact to the greatest degree possible, not vice-versa! We are fighting against floatiness and for comboing! Are you saying you intend to do the opposite?

poklin

Smash Apprentice
To anyone that played with 1.165 grav, do you know which gravity i should use with the new code? thanks in advanced.

Osi

Smash Ace
come on dash dancing...

Were are You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This and momentum are what I'm dying for! I figure hackers must be super busy with the holiday break?

- When I tried 1.15 the hitstun 11% seemed nice to me. Was not too hard to link moves with the drop speed, but also easy to avoid combos still with good DI.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
hey guys what do u think about the codes that I'm using:

BAD (I love MAD, but my friends are not used now)
Gravity Modifier 1.20%
Hitstun 10.75% (because the gravity modifier factor, and looks awesome with that grav%)
ALC
Speed Stage Modifier (WWare, PictoChat and PStadium 2, the code doesnt work in Bridge of Eldin)
No Tripping
Lagless Ledges
No Stale Moves (NOW THIS IS THE PROBLEM, IDK WHAT GOOD DECAY CODE PUT IN!!!)
Unrestricted pause camera
Allow replay longer than 3 minutes.
Dash Cancelling with a crouch

zxeon

Smash Lord
hey guys what do u think about the codes that I'm using:

BAD (I love MAD, but my friends are not used now)
Gravity Modifier 1.20%
Hitstun 10.75% (because the gravity modifier factor, and looks awesome with that grav%)
ALC
Speed Stage Modifier (WWare, PictoChat and PStadium 2, the code doesnt work in Bridge of Eldin)
No Tripping
Lagless Ledges
No Stale Moves (NOW THIS IS THE PROBLEM, IDK WHAT GOOD DECAY CODE PUT IN!!!)
Unrestricted pause camera
Allow replay longer than 3 minutes.
Dash Cancelling with a crouch
Looks a lot like my code list. As long as you are having fun you shouldn't care what other people think too much. As long as nothing feels broken or bugs you.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The smash lab is looking for brawl hacker participation, and right now, we're also looking for a specific code that would make it very easy to test a lot of hard to test data in the game. We'd greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Top Bottom