• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
I'm a supporter of Brawl+ but I'm mostly a lurker so most people won't recognize me. I was wondering, has it been established that knockback decay and damage decay are inseparable?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm a supporter of Brawl+ but I'm mostly a lurker so most people won't recognize me. I was wondering, has it been established that knockback decay and damage decay are inseparable?
I don't think it has been confirmed...but what makes you think so? (unless you are asking xD)

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
I'm just asking. Because of all the talk of 1/2 and 3/4 decay and the like, I thought someone discovered that the two can't be separated.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I have a suggestion for a code...with all the talk of banning edgestalling, why not create a code that prevents invincibility if you grab the edge, drop off, and regrab without being hit or landing?

Also, why does it seem like the majority of these codes simply make Brawl more like its predecessors? My personal beef is with reinstating the Melee airdodge. Several Up-B's allow you to airdodge after their completion, and a Melee airdodge will make the already arduous task of edgeguarding such characters almost impossible.

And name one code that negatively affects Captain Falcon. Melee ad (Up-B kills are now plausible), hitstun, fall speed, and l-canceling (combos) all seem to make him better. Is there any reason for this?

What does speeding up the game accomplish?

Finally, does the increased fall speed destroy the floaties' vertical recoveries?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Also, why does it seem like the majority of these codes simply make Brawl more like its predecessors?
...maybe because they do?

My personal beef is with reinstating the Melee airdodge. Several Up-B's allow you to airdodge after their completion, and a Melee airdodge will make the already arduous task of edgeguarding such characters almost impossible.
Good thing MAD will likely not even make it into the final codeset.

Seriously, where have you been all this time to come in and assume MAD is still being reinstated? Have you even been following the development of the project?

And name one code that negatively affects Captain Falcon. Melee ad (Up-B kills are now plausible), hitstun, fall speed, and l-canceling (combos) all seem to make him better. Is there any reason for this?
No auto-sweetspotted ledges negatively affects Falcon's recovery by making you actually time his Up-B. And what's wrong with Falcon getting buffed? He was the worst character in the game, and is now a viable ***-kicking machine as he should've been from the start.

Finally, does the increased fall speed destroy the floaties' vertical recoveries?
Barely, if at all.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
In fact, the increased fall speed makes floaty characters' recoveries comparatively better to faster fallers, which it also barely affects. The only nerf to recoveries is that you can't float as far in the same amount of time; the recoveries themselves remain unchanged.

This isn't saying I support a gravity increase, but it is the facts.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
IiT IS THE FACTS
Necessary? lol

GPDP is, like, the first lurker who actually knows whats going on O.o

Anyway, I was playing a bit with 1.2 and 10%, and I might actually try out 9 and see what happens. Can't really count out these lower hit-stuns unless I try em...

BTW Ivy has a cool 50% combo with the above settings. Up-tilt, full hop nair (fade forward), uair, short hop uair. I only landed it once in a match, since it's hard to land the uptilt in general, so I'm not sure how good DI changes things. Alternatively I think you can skip the uptilt if you catch them with a full-hop nair. This is all at 0%, I don't think you can do it at any other percent. You can also combo a sweetspot standing upB off the utilt at around 40% for Mario, 70% for Snake. Hit stun really gives Ivy something to make up for the **** recovery, if only a little.

Osi

Smash Ace
Necessary? lol

Anyway, I was playing a bit with 1.2 and 10%, and I might actually try out 9 and see what happens. Can't really count out these lower hit-stuns unless I try em...

BTW Ivy has a cool 50% combo with the above settings. Up-tilt, full hop nair (fade forward), uair, short hop uair. I only landed it once in a match, since it's hard to land the uptilt in general, so I'm not sure how good DI changes things. Alternatively I think you can skip the uptilt if you catch them with a full-hop nair. This is all at 0%, I don't think you can do it at any other percent. You can also combo a sweetspot standing upB off the utilt at around 50-55%. Hit stun really gives Ivy something to make up for the **** recovery, if only a little.
I started messing around on squirtle a bit with the PT codes. Man he has some nice combos with hitstun added in! One of the guys in my crew is a PT player, but his favorite is Ivy, and with hitstun he has done some insane combos with nairs/bairs/up tilts. He is still not the best once off the edge, but it's cool a power character got some combos out of the hitstun. I've had issues forming good combos on ganon and bowser so far. Link has some cool stuff from what I've seen though. I'm really loving 10% with 1.2 now. I added specific level freezes, dash cancel, and decay to my code set.

Oh, I also did a complete overhaul on the combo video I posted earlier today. I'll try to have more brawl+ only combos next time, sorry about those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZoI3qE0_g

Osi

Smash Ace
Yeah, PT is definitely better. I Like the combo vid, I'm glad you showed off some of the frozen stages! The effects you added are pretty cool.
I'm dying for the DD or momentum codes hahahaha. Can't wait for the hackers to return from holiday!

PT is much more viable to me now. I've actually been doing ok with charizard too. He has some awesome vertical combos.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Hehe, I kind of have to, if I am to defend Brawl+ on other forums from baseless accusations (It's just Melee 2.0, why don't you go back and play Melee, it's a sad and pathetic project by losers who can't play without glitches, etc). It pisses me off, but this project is too big and IMO too important to let such misconceptions and outright hate slide.

Plus, I figure, I support the project, so why not contribute somehow, even if only doing something as small as testing some codes? In fact, I should've registered immediately when I found the Global Speed code didn't work correctly so I could warn against using it, but I got lazy and the word didn't get out until the person who ported it came to the same conclusion, and by then there was some confusion over the code. Same with the Level Freeze code not working on Eldin.

Anyway, I now eagerly await the shield codes in whatever form they may take. You can be sure I'm gonna be testing them rigorously.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Speaking of the Global Level Freeze not working - It doesn't seem to affect Brinstar for me. The acid still rises and falls.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I knew I should've tested that level. That makes two stages that don't work so far, then. Clearly something is overriding the level freeze in those stages.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Hehe, I kind of have to, if I am to defend Brawl+ on other forums from baseless accusations (It's just Melee 2.0, why don't you go back and play Melee, it's a sad and pathetic project by losers who can't play without glitches, etc). It pisses me off, but this project is too big and IMO too important to let such misconceptions and outright hate slide.
Kindly point me to these people. I'd like to put them under observation.

GPDP

Smash Ace
They're on GameFAQs. You sure you wanna go there? Besides, I've got back-up in the form of Brawl+ sympathizers and Melee fans.

There is one guy, though, that actually plays Brawl competitively, and played Melee competitively as well, and he basically said "deal with it" regarding all of Brawl's problems. He had nothing but contempt for Brawl+. But then again, he also said combos suck (apparently he had a few run-ins with Darkrain's Captain Falcon :laugh:).

Osi

Smash Ace
They're on GameFAQs. You sure you wanna go there? Besides, I've got back-up in the form of Brawl+ sympathizers and Melee fans.

There is one guy, though, that actually plays Brawl competitively, and played Melee competitively as well, and he basically said "deal with it" regarding all of Brawl's problems. He had nothing but contempt for Brawl+. But then again, he also said combos suck.
He played melee and disliked combos???

What did he do on there then because melee was a pretty combo heavy game. I couldn't imagine playing melee competitively if I hated combos.

zxeon

Smash Lord

There is one guy, though, that actually plays Brawl competitively, and played Melee competitively as well, and he basically said "deal with it" regarding all of Brawl's problems. He had nothing but contempt for Brawl+. But then again, he also said combos suck.
Rofl gamefaqs. I'll keep an eye on the boards. Thanks for the tip.

GPDP

Smash Ace
It's not on the Brawl boards, though. I stay as far away from that place as possible.

GPDP

Smash Ace
No, just a general gaming board on that site. I suggest you not even look in there. It's infested with trolls.

Osi

Smash Ace
Not on the Brawl boards? Then the Melee boards? Now I'm lost.
Wtf is a combo and brawl+ hating person doing on melee boards??? This is starting to get pretty entertaining!

Off to gamefaqs forum I go~

Edit - saw it wasn't the melee boards after posting :(

zxeon

Smash Lord
No, just a general gaming board on that site. I suggest you not even look in there. It's infested with trolls.
Where do I find this general gaming board. I'm afraid I've never heard of such a place on gamefaqs.

Lol @ gamefaqs. You've got this handled GPDP.

D

Deleted member

LMAO Gfaq boards.

seriously, trying to convince someone there is harder than making CF top tier in vanilla brawl :p

Osi

Smash Ace
LMAO Gfaq boards.

seriously, trying to convince someone there is harder than making CF top tier in vanilla brawl :p
Hahahaha best comparison ever!

CF will be top tier when Gfaqs becomes open minded!

Edit - Sorry if this is out of the realm of codes your were looking at right now, but any news on momentum or dash dancing? Actually I'd love to hear what codes are on your agenda and how they are going. Really interested in the process since I'm new to coding.

D

Deleted member

if your asking my agenda; shieldstun and one crazy code that a smash researcher requested, namely this:

when a attack hits, somewhere a switch is flipped to prevent that attack hitting again and again for as long as the hitbox is out, can this switch be turned off?

funny code mostly.

Osi

Smash Ace
Ah yea scotu's quest for a debug mode in brawl lol. It would be awesome if someone completes it. I'd love to know the hitbox info on my mains, and I'm sure it would help the brawl+ project too! Constructing a awesome debug tool alone would make brawl+ worth the undertaking!

I'm sure both the brawl and brawl+ crowds would enjoy this code.

D

Deleted member

yeah, but I need an attack with a very long hitbox, but still single attack, ideas?

Osi

Smash Ace
Hmmm, maybe marios nair? I'm not sure, but isn't that just one large hitbox that stays out a while?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Necessary? lol

BTW Ivy has a cool 50% combo with the above settings. Up-tilt, full hop nair (fade forward), uair, short hop uair. I only landed it once in a match, since it's hard to land the uptilt in general, so I'm not sure how good DI changes things. Alternatively I think you can skip the uptilt if you catch them with a full-hop nair. This is all at 0%, I don't think you can do it at any other percent. You can also combo a sweetspot standing upB off the utilt at around 40% for Mario, 70% for Snake. Hit stun really gives Ivy something to make up for the **** recovery, if only a little.
I'm dying for the DD or momentum codes hahahaha. Can't wait for the hackers to return from holiday!

PT is much more viable to me now. I've actually been doing ok with charizard too. He has some awesome vertical combos.
@GPDP Props. Its nice to see you know whats going on

@sketch: Yea I am at 1.1 grav plus 10% hitstun so anyone who has a higher gravity should definitely be lower

@osi: I think we are getting shield stun soon. Spunit just has to remove shield stun from PSing

Top Bottom