• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Finns7

Smash Ace
I had the same problem mookie, I was not close to 256 and it just would work, it would say sd codes applying w/e and then go to a black loading screen.

Almas

Smash Lord
Nope, there's a debug folder but it's completely empty. They deleted it for the final product.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
****, I notice with I can't do Mario's U air combo with two u airs after a d throw like in regular Brawl because of the gravity code. D: And the buffer code doesn't help any, I seriously hate that crap as of now. Hopefully I'll adjust some time in the future. (Using 0 again btw)

D

Deleted member

thanks kayjay ! :D
so are you gonna host tournaments? cuz that's what I'm gonna do in a couple weeks here in holland, since that would be the best way to spread the news (or we could start a topic in the european board here :p)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
OK, so I tried a fresh new file made from the old code package (what I was using as a base when the codes worked) and it still didn't work.

I put Kupo's codes in (I didn't make any mistakes) and it still didn't work.

WTF is going on... We've tried 8 times now, still not working.

shanus

Smash Hero
havent been able to check out the latest stuff, is the latest gct working yet (i.e. buffer, shieldstun, dashdance, new lagless edges)?

Anything else in there I'm missing?

zxeon

Smash Lord
Those ba*****s!!!!
I that's what I said. Sakurai can eat a ****.

Wtf? it cencored ****? What if my name was Richard and that's what I went by?

Also with .8 SH height Falco is LAYZA GOD! He can't FF the SH lazer but his double SH lazer lets the second shot off just before the ground. You have to see it for yourself.

kupo15

Smash Hero
OK, so I tried a fresh new file made from the old code package (what I was using as a base when the codes worked) and it still didn't work.

you tried the ones I just put up even though I thought everything was fine?
http://rapidshare.com/files/181166886/Brawl_.txt.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/181166887/RSBE01.gct.html

That is quite bizarre
havent been able to check out the latest stuff, is the latest gct working yet (i.e. buffer, shieldstun, dashdance, new lagless edges)?

Anything else in there I'm missing?
Idk, mookie seems to have some problems. Can you test this ^^^ to see if yours works?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Um... I'd just like to add that I'm having the same problem as Mookie and Finns. My code lines are at 238.

Edit: Just tried Kupo's files, still not working.

zxeon

Smash Lord

Do you have any Gamecube Memory cards in the Wii?

D

Deleted member

kayjay, you prob already know the wiird forums, since that is where I will always put my codes.

also:

Code:
[dash dancing] {phantom wings?, ported by the paprika killer
C271A3F4 00000004
81830058 2C0C000E
4182000C C0230040
48000008 FC20D090
60000000 00000000

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've had that problem before as well, and it took some fiddling to get it right.

What I'd do was boot Smash regularly, and it would work. From there, I'd press home, go back to the Wii Menu, and then boot into Homebrew Channel. Unplugging your Wii at the start of this process may also help.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
thanks kayjay ! :D
so are you gonna host tournaments? cuz that's what I'm gonna do in a couple weeks here in holland, since that would be the best way to spread the news (or we could start a topic in the european board here :p)
Not me, but an internet friend of mine did a couple of brawl tournaments here, i did show him Brawl+ on a weekend, and he was so satisfied that he immediately installed homebrew and bouth a SD Card. lol
I'm pretty sure when Brawl+ gets somehow finalized, he will start hosting Brawl+ tourneys.

Edit: NICE, there allready was someone asking me about Dash dance for pal xD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Problem fixed guys. The thing is my Digital camera died, and that was my "SD reader." So cause of that I sent the codes to my friend who put the files onto the SD from his room, but he didn't realize that it had to be the exact file name, and it saved it as RESBO1(2).gct. So yeah, dumb problem, and if I was doing it then there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Problem fixed guys. The thing is my Digital camera died, and that was my "SD reader." So cause of that I sent the codes to my friend who put the files onto the SD from his room, but he didn't realize that it had to be the exact file name, and it saved it as RESBO1(2).gct. So yeah, dumb problem, and if I was doing it then there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
i just loaded up the latest gct no problem.
Thats good to hear.
lol wtf are you talking about all of a sudden, aztek calendar? :p
Yea man. They are killing the first born's homebrew or something....we need to defend against sakuraciding :crazy:

Almas

Smash Lord
I tested the code on him, yeah, he seemed pretty awesome.

How is the DI when you're hit by ZSS' Up+B whilst grounded? The potential of Up+B->DSmash->repeat seems daunting if the DI isn't good.

I'll try and post some videos tomorrow - we have the day off due to an exam in the morning. It'll be mostly team matches, but there seems to be a lack of them anyway.

EDIT: M-cancel is an idea proposed by Magus - essentially identical to shield cancelling, except that it eats a portion of your shield whenever you use it (preferably it would also be made to give a larger frame window in which you don't end up entering shield after performing it). Makes for a good offense/defense duality. I'm not sure if there's room in the final product for it, but it'd be interesting to see.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'm not convinced on the shorter short hops myself. Like I said before, the ideal solution should be to make jumps faster but still retaining the same jump height, short hops included. If what I'm hearing is correct, then a shorter short hop height is attained by decreasing the jump launch power of the short hop, which means the short hop is slower than before.

Am I correct on this? I haven't had the chance to test it, and I won't until my bro stops playing Halo 3 lol.

D

Deleted member

not sure, still have to port this one (not too hard anymore though :p )
if true, you could increase the value instead of decreasing it, and then use the upwards gravity modifier to compensate. but that would nerf half of the recoveries.

EDIT: ah like that. then using the same value as the SH code for the upwards gravity should keep the height equal.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I had the same problem as mookie :laugh: . My cousin didn't know he couldn't change the name of the rsbe file, so he named it brawl+ as he was downloading dashdancing. Its working fine now.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced on the shorter short hops myself. Like I said before, the ideal solution should be to make jumps faster but still retaining the same jump height, short hops included. If what I'm hearing is correct, then a shorter short hop height is attained by decreasing the jump launch power of the short hop, which means the short hop is slower than before.

Am I correct on this? I haven't had the chance to test it, and I won't until my bro stops playing Halo 3 lol.
Yeah, it decreases the launch power of the shorthop-- which makes it a shorter jump. This is a fine way to fix this-- but the problem is, it shouldn't affect characters who don't need their short hop lowered. To name a few, Falcon, Ganondorf... I'd like it if it excluded characters who are hurt by this..

D

Deleted member

who is actually having the benefit of this code anyway? MK? that would be so useless.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'm just saying that this code can potentially open up a can of worms. Already we are talking about excluding some characters. And what of short characters? Now they can be hit with short hops. MetaKnight might need it, but I don't think Kirby and especially Jiggly do. And of course, there's the potential for **** coming from fall-canceled lasers and missiles from Falco and Samus.

The big problem IMO is not about short hops being too high, but about jumping as a whole being too floaty. Like PK said, this can be fixed by increasing jump launch power and gravity at the same time, but this has the nasty side effect of nerfing recoveries. Can't we focus efforts towards dealing with that instead?

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Also, several character has their aerial attacks designed for the current short hop height (donkey kong, for example can get two back airs out in a short hop). I never saw a problem with Brawl's current short hop, and though I appreciate the coding efforts I agree that it should not be part of Brawl+.

wakka444

Smash Ace
I had similar issues trying to load the codes and just getting a blank screen after "applying codes"
after a lot of fiddling i decided to switch manual l-cancel to the auto one and it worked fine.
So i think there's an issue with Manual l-canceling and possibly the buffer or dash dance code seeing as thats my only added codes.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I had similar issues trying to load the codes and just getting a blank screen after "applying codes"
after a lot of fiddling i decided to switch manual l-cancel to the auto one and it worked fine.
So i think there's an issue with Manual l-canceling and possibly the buffer or dash dance code seeing as thats my only added codes.
I've played with the buffer / dashdance code quite a bit and can assure you there's nothing wrong with the codes. Manual-L cancel... why?

kupo15

Smash Hero
no it must have been you being over the limit. manual l canceling is a longer code so this would make sense

Dan_X

Smash Lord
lol people are getting over the limit even without MAD
Yeah... I've found myself over the limit once-- oops. There's not enough room for the codes that I have. So I must use the essentials--- there's enough room for essential codes, the defining codes of Brawl+ so.. that's good.

Top Bottom