• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
re trainer: please put no-switch indy pokes vs foced-switch trainer back in. Wild pokes have the benefit of being able to focus on one character vs losing the natural counterpick ability of PT, while the trainer (with infinite stamina) must learn all 3 (or at least 2) of his pokemon well, though he can cover more situations. And the best part about it is that if you prefer one poke but dabble in the other two, you can switch between independent pokemon and the trainer as a counterpick strategy. Sure, you can do that with the option to switch or not to switch, but that's simply a (and i really llike this phrase a lot) 'power creep' where PT has too many options and not enough negatives

re link dtilt: why cant we amend the no asl code to allow for a small window at the end of a move, maybe 5-10 frames before the move would normally sweetspot...that way, onstage edgeguarding doesnt become too powerful, and ike cant just spam fsmash to hit a recovering opponent. Either that or make ledgeteching easier...the dtilt is fine as is - high risk high reward, not nearly safe on block but comboable if you hit onstage and a killer if you hit offstage

EDIT:
Smash64 with better graphics, stages, and characters?

Awesome...
aww yeah

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
If I remember correctly, they made it a spike meaning no meteor canceling
Oh....well now that is powerful.

But still not game breaking in any way. We were buffing Link anyway, and it's a very situational kill move (learn to sweetspot).

Not directed at you Kupo, but at people in general.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Reverse Knee fix

Ness' Bat

Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing [spunit262]

And this "Scar Jumping"
What exactly do these codes do?

And
"Hold L for Level Freeze [6 Lines] Almas"
doesn't seem to work every time, I hold L on SSS then pick the stage, how is this supposed to work?

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
Scar Jumping is being able to repeatedly wall jump from the same wall by attacking directly after the wall jump and DIing back towards the wall. It's named after the epic Melee Falcon main Scar. In vBrawl there is a timer which prevents you wall jumping twice from the same wall in a short period of time, preventing this.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
These are the only problems Ness has:

Low running speed

His sh should really only be high enough to ac a dair. DAS is inferior compared to uair combos (which lead into pkt2 lol).

Recovery

Listed in priority...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It'd buff his ground game so he could use the new crouch cancel code so he can:

juggle with u-smash really well (u-tilt stops juggling at higher percents)
evade attacks by running away
maneuver around projectiles better
give him more airspeed
reverse cc d-smash (so cool looking)
Run in and d-tilt

Basically it'd answer a lot of his problems while still keeping major nerfs (bad recovery and inconsistent range).

I really think the recovery problem is a bit more pronounced than a slow running speed, but I see where you're coming from.

Though do you think he needs any buffs at all to be on par with the majority of the cast? I personally think he's a beast as is.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
All we need to do is allow him and Lucas to repeatedly PK thunder if it gets eaten.
This.

If a PK thunder crashes against something (especially walls and baloons/shy guys :mad:) BEFORE reaching the time limit when PK thunder naturally disappears Ness and Lucas should be able to use it once again. Anyways, they wont have unlimited attempts for recovery since they are likely to fall if they use it too much since when using PK thunder, Ness and Lucas fall slightly downwards. To this, we have to add PK thunder´s ending lag. Only after the lag should Ness and Lucas be able to start another PK thunder.

I dont know exactly but maybe if PK thunder didnt enter Ness and Lucas into helpless animation while in midair their recovery wouldnt suck that bad.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I think Lucas's recovery needs no help. He's got a lot of different options, most of which are far less punishable than PKT2, which is balanced by the absurd range it has. This is a perfect example of a good weakness that I'd rather keep and buff the good things instead (which we're working on).

Ness... maybe.

cman

Smash Ace
The most frustrating things about ness's recovery is that a projectile (such as a mario fireball) cancels out his PK thunder (not talking about pkt2), and then he falls to his death.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I suppose I might as well bring this up.

Has anyone else ever gotten a long, loud, rocket-like sound coming from the game in the middle of a match? It's very random, but it happens to me once every play session. I'm not sure if it's something in the Plussery codeset, one of my own codes that I've added, the texture codes, or just a fault of the double gct method of loading the codes (though it also happened with the snapshot method). So if it's happened to anyone else, I'd like to know.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman

Has anyone else ever gotten a long, loud, rocket-like sound coming from the game in the middle of a match? It's very random, but it happens to me once every play session. I'm not sure if it's something in the Plussery codeset, one of my own codes that I've added, the texture codes, or just a fault of the double gct method of loading the codes (though it also happened with the snapshot method). So if it's happened to anyone else, I'd like to know.
This happened to me too, but on the old codeset (3.3) and playing Multi-Man Brawl... but that's it. I haven't really experienced it on 4.0.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
The rocket ship noise is a known issue. We don't know what's causing it.

It may be the hitbox code, it may be the fact that we are bypassing the line limit. Who knows.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hm...Ness's recovery....
On one hand, if a player uses it perfectly, and the opponent doesn't gimp him....it works better than some in the cast, and it can potentially kill a would be gimper.
On the other hand, a skilled player can gimp it pretty easy with some characters, and a unskilled ness player can mess up the angle and not recover.

Right now it just sounds like high risk being off the edge with ness, and higher skill needed to recover.
Ness players should just try to stay onstage as much as possible. If Ness was a weak character that relied on going offstage for gimp kills, then we could talk about changing his recovery, as it is the weakest part of him, but id rather have recovery be hard as ness, its part of his character IMO

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A character can still be good and have a gimpable recovery. Compare Fox, Falco, and Shiek in melee to Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Pichu.

Besides his dj is good enough to make it back to the stage. It'd probably be easier to simply code an increase in his running speed...

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
it would be awesome if link full charged arrows possesses a fire property! or an ice property xDD.. but I think is asking too much.. The thing is .. I miss fire arrows T__T .. in the other hand... link is awesome.

I still think increasing his running speed wouldn't do much for him.

Recovery or Bthrow buff if he needs any buffs at all. Though I don't think he does.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I still think increasing his running speed wouldn't do much for him.

Recovery or Bthrow buff if he needs any buffs at all. Though I don't think he does.
If he needs a buff, then I agree a bthrow buff would be adequate since characters KO at much lower %'s than in vBrawl, toput bthrow back into perspective with his other KO moves.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I haven't played the latest codeset... So I dunno how fast he is currently...

I am going to install brawl+ sometime this weekend though...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I seriously love how Big Blue is total CP material. I played on it with little issue today. It was win. Fludd + Cape + Fireball + Big blue = lulz.

Also, teching right on the road = lulz

Big Blue at .50x speed for CP mateiral please.

Also...something realyl weird happened today. I powered shieled a samus charge shot as falcon right in her face...and it reflected and hit samus.

<_>

did we add in a "powershield reflect projectiles" code?

I didnt save the replay. D:

alvicala

Smash Cadet
If he needs a buff, then I agree a bthrow buff would be adequate since characters KO at much lower %'s than in vBrawl, toput bthrow back into perspective with his other KO moves.
Ness Bthrow kills at 100%(lighter)/150%(heavier) near the edges of any stage and almost any character. I dont remember how it was in vBrawl but I think this move is pretty good.

And Ness HAS some offstage game. I use to gimp my brother´s Link a lot of times with multiple fairs (jump>fair>fair>double jump>fair>fair). And meteors.
Another problem with Ness recovery is that some times after KOing someone offstage, the camera zooms on Ness and its mostly impossible to recover because its hard to see where the PK thunder is going.

kupo15

Smash Hero

Yes. It happens often to me and I hate it.
Ness's run speed was already increased, along with everyone else's. You want his to be even faster? Crazy.
That's not hard to believe. I've adjusted my codeset to be faster. Faster dash speed, more momentum, higher gravity. I didn't want to present that code set yet because I haven't done the testing with friends I wanted to and its not the final settings in terms of gravity that I want yet. But if anyone wants to try it out my WIP, pm me. My speed changes are subtle as I've heard from the two people I had try them so you should be able to adjust well. Its been received well so far

Special thanks to Namq, storm, leaf for helping and support the set so its not just "my" set.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
OMG, there is a Ganon/Falcon DownB fix code now.

I really need to get my Wii fixed, it's been broken for a month now, soooo many codes have come out and I want to use them.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'm not sure If I want to give ganon/falcon down b fixes. kind of hoping that would just be melee.

BUT if it is NEEDED as another buff I would not mind.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm not sure If I want to give ganon/falcon down b fixes. kind of hoping that would just be melee.

BUT if it is NEEDED as another buff I would not mind.

they need it so badly.

I always seem to find myself trying to recover from under the stage (more with Ganon) and it always puts them in a bad position to get their recoveries *****.

Their recoveries are pretty predictable without having the downB fix.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
they need it so badly.

I always seem to find myself trying to recover from under the stage (more with Ganon) and it always puts them in a bad position to get their recoveries *****.

Their recoveries are pretty predictable without having the downB fix.
They are still good tho. Why would we buff two already good characters? I can see maybe giving it to Ganon but to CF?? It's like saying Marth's recovery isnt good, its predictable, lets buff him even tho he is already one of the best characters. They dont need it.

storm92

Smash Ace
CF isn't as good as people make him out to be, really.
He's not one of the best characters, as far as I see it, he right now looks like he'll be solidly Melee-status (top of mid tier, hi).
He can combo like crazy and kill reliably with a knee, but also is very susceptible to combos, can get gimped fairly easily, and lacks good approaches.
He's pretty well balanced.

The Cape

Smash Master
We are working on getting rid of the momentum based recoveries which should help out Link, Falcon, Ganon, and Bowser (at the very least)

And I would like to see Ganon forward B not go into fall special so he can use it in his recovery like Diddy can.

camelot

Smash Ace
After playing with those Down-B changes for a while, it seems to only help recovery a tiny bit. Plus it doesn't help vertical recovery at all. Not complaining, just saying... Fun way to recover, though.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
CF isn't as good as people make him out to be, really.
He's not one of the best characters, as far as I see it, he right now looks like he'll be solidly Melee-status (top of mid tier, hi).
He can combo like crazy and kill reliably with a knee, but also is very susceptible to combos, can get gimped fairly easily, and lacks good approaches.
He's pretty well balanced.
Thats better than most of the cast....

storm92

Smash Ace
Most of the cast fares pretty well for itself, as far as I know.

@camelot- It didn't help vertical recovery much in Melee either though. It was used mostly when recovering from a far end near the horizontal blast zones in order to use jump momentum to get closer to the stage. Which both Ganon and CF are lacking right now.

twiblets

Smash Cadet
hey you were talking about possible buffs for ness
would it be possible to make his Dair come out quicker?
i think this would be better than just making him run faster IMO

Top Bottom