• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Common Knowledge that isn't so common..

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
jab's hit stun like most attacks' are also dependent on opponent percent. I don't think any characters have a true follow up at 0 percent. (Just say that so you'll be right too.) A lot of characters start to get true set up into kills and crap at higher percents.
Only some first jabs have variable knockback, though. Most of them have set knockback.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Isn't that melee only?
Well it works in brawl. The timing to get a jab out of a dash dance is really ****ty and the effect is not that great, but it's still doable.
The greatest thing about it is that you can pseudo-wavedash your taunts, making it the most humiliating spacing tool ever.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Jigglpuff instantly dies if her shield breaks.

You can cancel an initial dash with a crouch to perform standard ground moves.

If you press the c-stick down (or I think any direction) while jumping through a platform that moves vertically(up and down), you'll land instantly without performing the attack.

Rainbow Cruise's camera never actually moves. The entire stage is actually more like one gigantic moving platform, with parts being created and disappearing as they come into and out of "view."

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
All variable-knockback jabs can potentially carry the biggest levels of frame advantage on hit, allowing for things such as Samus jab into hyphen smash, Wario jab into fsmash, or MK Ftilt into dash attack.

Olimar's up special is the only tether with a hitbox as the tether travels to the ledge, meaning you can be hit if you mistime an edgehog and do get to the edge in time. Other tethers cannot both have a hitbox out and be tethering the edge at the same time.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
If you press the c-stick down (or I think any direction) while jumping through a platform that moves vertically(up and down), you'll land instantly without performing the attack.
Actually, the platform does not need to be moving vertically, or at all, even. I've seen Tommy G do this at Smashville, and I think it's also possible to do this at Battlefield.

Rainbow Cruise's camera never actually moves. The entire stage is actually more like one gigantic moving platform, with parts being created and disappearing as they come into and out of "view."
I found this out around last week. For some reason, I felt sad. Dunno why. :(

:069:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
There are two types of knockback: base knockback, and a stat I forget the name of which I will call the knockback multiplier. The latter stat affects hitstun; that is, the multiplier modifies the base and the bigger the number after said calculation (say 10x10=100 hitstun, for a very simplistic and not-exactly-correct example) is the hitstun produced.

If the second number is 0, meaning the move only ever has a set amount of knockback, the move has no hitstun (0xanything is 0 after all). So many jabs, Ganon's up+b, and many others.

PFANT

Smash Cadet
if you crouch and press z you will do a dtilt instead of a grab, except for characters that can crawl

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
LOL @Steeler

If you're holding an item and your crawling, by pressing A you will do a d-tilt, If you're just crouching you will throw the item instead.

Xyless

Smash Master
A few with Peach.

Peach has a small chance of pulling a Mr. Saturn, Beam Sword, or Bob-omb when she does her Vegetable Pluck. Unlike Dedede's small chance of tossing a capsule when item spawn time is off but an item is still enabled, Peach's is not affected by item settings.
(It's amazing how many people don't know this...)

If Peach pulls a beam sword, that weapon will have a greatly reduced range (pretty much useless) until she releases it and it is grabbed again. After that, it is a normal beam sword.

Mr. Saturn's shield breaking strength is stronger than Marth's neutral B.

Peach's uSmash's "super" sweet spot (which does 17% and has killing potential at 60%) is only able to hit a grounded Donkey Kong or ROB when they are lying down. If they stand still, she is only able to get the 15% at best.

Peach's dTilt can technically spike, but the hitbox position and spike direction makes it pretty much impossible.

All of Peach's fSmash weapons share the same stale variable.

Toad does stale.

Peach has the worst air dodge in the game, giving less invulnerable frames and far more cooldown frames (I don't know the exact numbers, someone help me out there). At least it looks nice!

Most players fear the stitchface turnip, but overlook the "ditto" turnip (pretty much blank smiley face), which is the second strongest and still has good knockback.

Turnips all share the same stale variable, like the fSmashes.

The last hit of Peach's Parasol has decent knockback.

If Peach accidentally does her parasol backwards when trying to grab an edge, she can drop the parasol and grab the edge. This makes her the only character that can miss the edge doing her recovery backwards unless inputting another command.

Kirby also cannot grab the edge backwards, but cannot change anything to grab the edge.

If a Peach is being edgeguarded when she is using her Parasol and the opponent doesn't get off of the edge in time, Peach will knick them off of the edge and grab the edge instead.

Water refreshes Peach's float.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You the is a portion of time, on frigate after the flip,where you can't grab the edges even though the stage is flat.

Blast zones change drastically during the level changes on Defino and to a lesser extent Castle Siege.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Fun fact :
When Kirby copies GnW his chef can be absorbed by Ness, Lucas and GnW's downB.
But GnW's chef cannot.

Edit : sorry fix'd

LuLLo

Smash Ace
NO character can get guarenteed followups from jabs on everyone. Even Falco has a -13 advantage, meaning diddy kong can fsmash through his jab cancel.
Jab grab isnt even that good.
Not on everyone, the only ones it doesn't work on (with Ike, who has the best jab-grab in the game) are Marth (Up-B) and maybe MK and Luigi (SL and N-air). There might be some others, but my jab-grabs, if performed correctly, have never been cancelled by other chars.
And no, Jab>Grab IS that good ;)

As for some uncommon knowledge, when facing an Ike who's about to recover with Aether, DON'T shield closely to the ledge, Ike can reverse Aether and pull you off to spike you, and he get's to hang on the ledge...not a good situation.
And also, people probably know this, but never do it, so get it through your skulls...just Airdodge our Quick Draw and we're dead, just do it.

Some info on ZSS, you can perform a walkoff Up-B without grabbing the ledge if done quick enough, which can lead to U-air or even sexier, a B-air stage spike.

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
You cannot grab characters laying on the ground.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
MK's sword has transending properties, meaning it wont clash with any hitboxes or projectiles and only interact with hurtboxes.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario has both transcendent and non, meaning nothing clashes with aura, but on the other hand, things will clash with his paws (they are also a hitbox as well as a hurtbox).
And then there's falco laser that has transcendent priority.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Peach has the worst air dodge in the game, giving less invulnerable frames and far more cooldown frames (I don't know the exact numbers, someone help me out there). At least it looks nice!
Taken from the frame data thread:

Total Frames: 49
Invincible Frames 4 – 19

So yeah, it's the worst in the game by a considerable margin. It's the only airdodge which has more frames of lag than invulnerability.

Also, stuff on various characters:

- Zelda's Nayru's Love and Din's Fire cancel jumping momentum. With Nayru's, this means you can use this quicker ooS.

- Samus' pummel doesn't hit Bowser due to a stupid programming error.

- With MK, you can perform 3 Uairs in one short hop.

- ZSS' down B kick and Diddy's side B kick have transcendent priority.

- Charizard has the second longest non-tehter grab range in the game (many have said that he's tie-longest with DDD)

- When Zelda does DSmash, provided you have enough room, you can DI down and absorb all the knokcback. This is very useful for characters with poor recoveries like Link.

- Zelda's up B takes THIRTY frames for it to fully disappear. The only reason Zelda isn't gimped more than she is now is because people underestimate just how long the start-up lag is. It also has 27 frames of landing lag.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This thread is amazing.

Some Ness stuff:

-Unlike most moves that cause tripping, Ness' dtilt does not have a % chance to trip, but rather a sweetspot that guarantees a trip. Most players either don't know this or don't/can't take advantage of it because the sweetspot is extremely small; just don't be surprised when someone masters this and hits you with a yoyo after a 3-frame move that tripped you (they could hit you with a bat too, but if you react fast enough you have time to roll away from the bat).

-Unlike in Melee, Ness is not helpless when absorbing something with PSI magnet; the absorption animation on PSI magnet gives Ness all of the same options as he would have out-of-shield (jump, roll, spot-dodge). This also cancels the ending lag on PSI magnet.

-The sweetspot of PKT2 (which is the first half of the distance traveled) is invincible. It will also kill you.

-Excluding Luigi's down-taunt spike, the sweetspot of Ness' dair (spike) has the most hitstun of any spike in the game at low %'s, making it effectively the best spike in the game, as it kills at the lowest %'s of all spikes (even though some other spikes have better hitstun / knockback at higher %'s, which doesn't matter because a spike is still a spike).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If Peach pulls a beam sword, that weapon will have a greatly reduced range (pretty much useless) until she releases it and it is grabbed again. After that, it is a normal beam sword.
Just a nitpick, she really only has to "remove it from view" or herself, for it gain it's true range.

She just has to do one of these actions:
Toad
Parasol
Up Taunt (Parasol Twirl)
Down Taunt (Melee Taunt)
Dropping the sword

Taunting to beam sword fsmash is the best combo in the game.

Tru fax.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Mr. Game & Watch

• !!! While G&W is in his parachute after he UpBs or after he releases the parachute by tapping down/attacking, if he is footstooled, hit by a windbox/water, or hit with an attack that doesn't have knockback, then he will get his UpB back. This applies to Mario's DownB, Link's SideB, Kirby's B, Fox's B, G&W's UpB, G&W's uair, Sheik's UpB, Pit's UpB, Squirtle's B, Snake's grenades, Ness's DownB, Ganon's utilt, DDD's B, and Warioman's Upsmash (Wario + final smash).
  • !!! G&W's Down B, the bucket, stops all of G&W's momentum (this includes after being hit by an attack). To bukit brake is to use G&W's fastest aerial, nair, then use DownB asap. This doesn't work if the bucket is full.
  • !!! UpB and Uair have windboxes. This simple fact allows you to stop all of the momentum of a character simply by hitting them with the windbox. For example, the opponent lands a KO move on your teammate then you hit your teammate with the windbox of either move and the don't die.
  • !!! The windboxes of UpB and Uair restore decay even if you don't do any damage and even there is no noticeable difference that you are attacking something. This restoration occurs if you hit a character, a waddle dee, or any stage object like green green blocks, smashville balloons, yoshi shy guys, and skyworld platforms.
  • If G&W is being attack from below while standing on a platform (like skyworld or jungle japes) he can UpB to stage spike them. This is because the UpB's windbox goes through the platform and tries to pull the opponent upward with a huge force, but bounces them off of the platform instead.
  • It is possible to perform the second/midair jump AFTER using UpB. To do this, simply attack while in the parachute of the UpB. Simply releasing the parachute by tapping down won't allow you to jump.
  • If getting hit causes you to bounce off of two walls (luigi's mansion or ps1 windmill) you can immediately use any attack instead of having to wait for hitstun. This allows you to bukit instantly, surviving at any percent.
  • The windboxes of UpB and Uair go through solid objects. For example, you can fall beneath Smashville and Uair to hit the opponent waiting for you to get back on the stage. This safely helps restore move decay.
  • If you use bair right before your character lands on the ground, the animation for the attack will appear but no hitbox or lag will occur. This applies to ALL of G&W's aerials, bair is just to easiest to do and most noticeable.
  • While hanging off of the right ledge of Yoshi's Island, pressing the jump button while under 100% damage will cancel the jump-from-ledge animation and cause G&W to fall down as if he just released from the ledge. This is very useful in that you are slightly above the stage after jumping, allowing you to stand up on stage from the ledge with shield or any attack. This also works on Pictochat, Distant Planet, and Corneria.
  • The first time you use G&W's SideB in a match, it cannot be a 1. The second time you use SideB, it cannot be a 1 or the number you just threw. The third (fourth, fifth, and so on) time you use SideB, it cannot be the previous two throws. For example, if you first get a 7, then a 4, the next time you use SideB you cannot a 7 or a 4. Therefore you have a 1/7 chance of getting a 9.
  • The above rule that you cannot get the two previous numbers thrown from sideB is reset at the beginning of each match AND if Sudden Death occurs.
  • G&W's 7 produces an apple even if he hits a shield or stage object (like green greens blocks) and only if G&W's feet are touching the ground.
  • When the opponent is knocked onto the ground, you can "jab lock" them with a 2, 7, or weak hit of fair.
  • G&W's glide toss goes so far that he can actually recatch items he just threw. This works for Link's bombs, Toon Link's bombs, Peach's turnips, and maybe a few others.
  • G&W can dtilt lock most characters against a wall to around 90% or more.
  • Unlike all characters that have a dair that propels the character downward at high speeds, G&W's dair is different. If you try to fast fall his dair, instead the dair will fall slower. You can change the speed of dair at any time during the dair animation.
  • G&W's dthrow animation is the same has his bthrow and uthrow. Only his fthrow is different.
  • If G&W dthrows an opponent near a ledge and they DI toward the ledge, they will get thrown downward off the stage so far that it's almost impossible to recover.
  • There is a certain height that if G&W uses an unfull bucket then lands on the ground, it will re-use the bucket causing the character to just sit there with more lag. You'll notice this by a second beep and a small flash upon landing on the ground.
  • G&W's cartwheel roll has some unique properties. Get as close to the ledge as possible. Then step away about one G&W foot length. If you try rolling to the ledge you'll go no where, you'll only roll in place.
  • G&W's bair goes through Pit's Mirror Shield at any angle.

Yeah I know a LOT about my character =D

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mr. Game & Watch
[*]The first time you use G&W's SideB in a match, it cannot be a 1. The second time you use SideB, it cannot be a 1 or the number you just threw. The third (fourth, fifth, and so on) time you use SideB, it cannot be the previous two throws. For example, if you first get a 7, then a 4, the next time you use SideB you cannot get those two numbers.
I thought that, after the first two Judges, you only couldn't pull the number you pulled before; i.e. you can pull the 7, in your example.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I thought that, after the first two Judges, you only couldn't pull the number you pulled before; i.e. you can pull the 7, in your example.
For further clarification see below:

The match has just started.
You use SideB. Possible numbers include: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
You get a 7.
You use SideB again. Possible numbers: 2,3,4,5,6,8,9
You get a 4.
You use SideB again. Possible numbers: 1,2,3,5,6,8,9
You get a 9.
You use SideB again. Possible numbers: 1,2,3,5,6,7,8
You get a 3.
You use SideB again. Possible numbers: 1,2,4,5,6,8,9
Time runs out.
It goes to Sudden death.
You use SideB. Possible numbers: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
You get a 3.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's a picture of a kitty in the ice stage of pokemon stadium 2 :bee:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/0/08/Cat2.jpg
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can't believe someone else discovered this too.

Game and Watch can Up B through the 'circular thingies' on Brinstar to instantly refresh almost all of his moves.
I recently spent a lot of time testing this type of thing. The long answer is kinda complicated. In short, you only get 1 move worth of decay back for doing something like this.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Am I blind? I don't see the kitty :embarrass

Edit: Also something I find nice to know is that water cancels jigg's rest time. Cooler than water spiking by far :p

Pleather

Smash Cadet
This thread wins. Smashboards should have a massive youtube series with all of this stuff in it.

And the kitty is hidden in the little ice.. lodge, cabin, house... thing.

The best way to gimp a snake C4 recovery is often a simple footstool, don't underestimate that.

Snake can C4 the sides of battlefield, and many other stages, underneath the ledges, by tapping away from the ledge, and then, while holding down, jumping and pressing b at the right time.

If you are meteor smashed and press the jump button too early, you will receive an additional frame penalty before you can jump, similar to teching too early. However, using your up+b or tap jump avoids this penalty.

You can use a Z attack (i.e. samus') from a ledgehop by dropping, jumping, and the buffering an airdodge to Z and moving onto the stage: this reaches very far.

You can recover from samus' down+b on the ground faster if you hold down till you touch the ground.

ZSS' down+b kick, (performed by pressing A during a flipjump) can be aimed either right or left by holding the desired direction when pressing A.

Not sure if someone said this one already, but I'll say it anways; ZSS can cancel the ending lag of her down+b kick by landing on the very egde of a platform and aiming her kick off of the edge. If you perform either her >100% or <100% ledge attack (not sure which) from either ledge on battlefield, you're perfectly setup to cancel her down+b kick twice in a row on the platforms above if timed right.

Kirby can slam opponents on the top of the columns on either side of Shadow Moses Island by facing away from the columns right next to them, and then using his up throw.

He can also spike Sheik and Lucario off the right ledge of Spear Pillar (the lower ledge) and Pokemon Stadium (1 or 2? Forgot which) using the same technique for the Shadow Moses Island trick, just up against the ledge. I believe metaknight can do something similar with his uthrow.

On the tip of yoshi's nuetral b is a sourspot that simply sucks the opponent right in front of you, but doesn't swallow them, allowing you to grab release wolf off a ledge, and then fall after him and sourspot a nuetral b, pushing him down and under.

Certain fast-fall dair moves give you no lag upon landing if you perform them from certain heights (somewhere above or around a full hop to a midair jump).

Yoshi's down+b, Bowser's down+b, and maybe a few other moves (any dairs?) can be ledge canceled.

Tether recoveries (at least sheik's and samus') can be canceled from a ledge grab by tapping away from the ledge during or during the grab. (Don't forget you only have 3 before you need to land onstage.)

R.O.B. can achieve a greater height with his up+b if you press up+b once, then let go of up, and quickly tap b.

Diddy can launch his rocket barrels (from his up+b) by performing a running up+b into an enemy's banana (assuming you lost one.)

Ganon, falcon, mario, and probably a few others can extend their f-smash by smashing (best done using the c-stick) backwards. If you tap back before smashing forwards, you move forward before the f-smash. You can extend this further by dashing forward and very quickly tapping back again, and finally f-smashing forward for a nice surprise in distance.

Pikachu's d smash, R.O.B.'s d smash, and possibly a few other d-smash moves are incredibly easy to get out of by pushing the control stick up and then rotating it back and forth between the top 3 notches. (Each time you hit a new notch the game reads a new input).

A lot of those are fairly well-known by now, but I got carried away, so whatever.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can't believe someone else discovered this too.

I recently spent a lot of time testing this type of thing. The long answer is kinda complicated. In short, you only get 1 move worth of decay back for doing something like this.

Actually, the answer is super simple.

The way decay works depends on the number of input you do that hit.

If you got 1 input but 20 hits, its still 1 move. If you do 25 input but only 4 hits, you get 4 move of decay. This is why every pummel is +1 on the list.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Actually, the answer is super simple.

The way decay works depends on the number of input you do that hit.

If you got 1 input but 20 hits, its still 1 move. If you do 25 input but only 4 hits, you get 4 move of decay. This is why every pummel is +1 on the list.
If you pummel too fast, they don't count as multiple hits. They count as a single move. This sadly seems to throw your theory out the window, it would seem. :\

Also, that cat easter egg is amazing. All of us super nerds who really cared to look at that stage probably noticed it or heard about it long ago, but we keep forgetting to mention it as uncommon knowledge. :<

Also, Kirby can spike ROB on Hyrule temple on the very left side of the bottommost platform. Kirby has a few uthrow spikes on different characters and stages. There was a thread about it in the Kirby boards.

Snake's cypher explodes if you pull a second one before the first one goes offscreen. I actually have no clue if it does knockback/damage or not though until my wii's lens reader gets fixed. Someone test that for me plz.

swordgard

Smash Hero
If you pummel too fast, they don't count as multiple hits. They count as a single move. This sadly seems to throw your theory out the window, it would seem. :\

Also, that cat easter egg is amazing. All of us super nerds who really cared to look at that stage probably noticed it or heard about it long ago, but we keep forgetting to mention it as uncommon knowledge. :<

Also, Kirby can spike ROB on Hyrule temple on the very left side of the bottommost platform. Kirby has a few uthrow spikes on different characters and stages. There was a thread about it in the Kirby boards.

Snake's cypher explodes if you pull a second one before the first one goes offscreen. I actually have no clue if it does knockback/damage or not though until my wii's lens reader gets fixed. Someone test that for me plz.

Maybe there simply is a limit to how fast you can refresh your moves(like only once every say 10 frames).

HelpR

Smash Ace
the song that plays during peach's final smash is a sped up version of the song that plays during the cloud bonus stage in super mario 3.

really all I got atm.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Mario stuff:

Mario can cape some characters while they're grabbing the ledge, causing them to grab it backwards! (It's really weird.)

Mario can FLUDD characters while they use moves that leave them in a freefall state in the air as they use it on stage, pushing them off for a gimp.

Mario can FLUDD a person who is in the air after having their shield broken, effectively pushing them offstage from the middle of FD (For a gimp, too :p)

Mario's Dair -> Doublejump -> Uair is a true combo at low percents. (At least I think so... nobody ever seems to get out of it.)

When using Mario's Fsmash, you can stutter step it to gain lots of distance on it, and it can outrange Marth's Fsmash.

Mario's Fair has a meteor smash hitbox on his back.

The weak part of Mario's nair (when shorthopped or falling to the ground) to jab is a true combo until high percents.

Mario has the fastest Up-B in the game, which comes out on frame 3.

Mario's cape can amplify vertical momentum, which is extremely useful in doubles for combination attacks. (2v1 pwnage)

Mario can Dair a character's shield (after a shorthop) and get away without the possibility of being punished. (Unless they have a good up-b OoS) by toadstooling them. He can also perform a nair during the toadstool for more shield pressure. This works less reliably on large characters (like DDD) but I've been able to pull it off.

Mario can run towards the edge of the stage and cape, causing him to fly off the stage horizontally while still in the cape animation, which can be useful for edgeguarding. He can also reverse this on platforms, sliding across the platform (and then some) with the technique.

Mario can direct the trajectory of his Up-B, causing it to go nearly vertical or more horizontal (about a 45 degree angle).

I can't think of any more, right now, but I'm sure I have more.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
You can jump out of your shield (you have no idea how many noobs don't know this, it's sad really).

Marth can also direct his upB to go more vertically or horizontally.
The back part of Dolphin Slash (Marth's UpB) has a seperate hitbox than the front, and it hits vertically instead of horizontally.
The third downwards version of Marth's Dancing Blade (Marth's SideB) has a very weak meteor. Because of this, it is not transcended like the rest of Dancing Blade.
All of Marth's special moves are transcended.
Nair is a linker, and can true combo into lots of moves if properly SHFFd at lower percents.
The lag on Marth's Dthrow increases based on the size and weight of the character he is throwing.
Dolphin Slash is invincible from frames 1 to 5, and hits on 5.
When you land on the ground, there are two frames of landing lag. There are six if you fastfall.
When Snake is in his grenade holding state, he ignores many rules, such as landing lag, and can walk backwards.
You can still dash grab with R and A
If you pivot grab out of an initial dash, you do a standing pivot grab. If you pivot grab out of a run you do a sliding pivot grab. The first has more range, but the second is generally safer.
You can do Breversals on the ground, and out of a dash.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
On the tip of yoshi's nuetral b is a sourspot that simply sucks the opponent right in front of you, but doesn't swallow them, allowing you to grab release wolf off a ledge, and then fall after him and sourspot a nuetral b, pushing him down and under.
It's not guaranteed on Wolf.

Though if you do get it, it's a free footstool as well IIRC.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
When you hit diddy out of his up b, his barrel flys off and can hit you for 20% and massive knockback. the barrel also seems like it homes in on the enemy.
he also goes into a very weird/special type of hitstun. It lasts forever where the diddy cant do anything, but in return the diddy does not interract with any walls or ceilings, thus he cannot be stage spiked. this special hitstun only happens when you hit hit ONCE while he has the barrels out. thus multi hit aerials, will send him into normal hitstun.

sonic can hold shield before his side b is fully charged to shield cancel it.

sonic can hold shield after releasing the aerial version of down b and coming into contact with the ground to shield cancel it.

if you jump right after releasing sonics side b, (there are many methods to perform this) you will fly through the air at about a 45 degree angle at almost sonics running speed. we refer to this as spinshot. This takes away sonics double jump.

Sonics upb is invincible until about a little more than half way through his jump

If sonic springs, he loses the ability to perform any b moves until he lands or gets hit.

sonic can double jump out of the aerial versions of both his down and side b. he is forced to endure the entire duration of the move if he does not have a double jump.

sonic can footstool people after his up b, even if they are on the ledge. He can also wall jump after his up b.

sonics up smash and side b both have small amounts of invincibility at the beginning of the moves

Im pretty sure sonic can use his full jab combo to lock people on walls until around 70-80 %

sonic (down b and side b) pikachu (side b) DK (up b) and a few others can perform a move similar to bucket breaking for game and watch.

Sonics up smash can spike opponents if he doesnt hit with the last hit of the move.

The hop of sonics side b, the rolling of his side and down b on the ground, the spindash jump from both moves, and the hits from the aerial versions of both moves. They all have the same stale move variable.

sonics dair ends after about full spring height, so when he does it from that high, he has no landing lag, he can double jump, use any b move, grab a ledge, anything really... but if you use spring to get to that height, he cant jump or use any b moves from it.

sonic has 3 different ways to release both his side b and down b. he can let them roll normally, he can use down be to launch himself the same way a rolling spindash jump works, he can spin shot from a side b, and he can just jump vertically out of both, and that verticle spindash jump has a hitbox.

sonic can side b, double jump and up b to travel under every stage that is travel-under-able. except green greens, he cant get from one end all the way to the other, but he can get under 2 out of the 3 main platforms safely.

on battlefield, sonic can side b under the stage, jump cancel it, wall jump on the bottom crystal thing and up b to the same ledge he started from

with BF platforms sonics SH up air, fair, bair, nair, and his up smash, and up tilt can hit opponents through the lower 2 platforms.

up throw spring up air, can be a true combo around 100 if DId incorrectly.

if you DI straight down, you can tech sonics down throw right in front of him.

you can mash b to cut down the start up time of sonics homing attack.

sonics spindash roll, goes under pits arrow, if not curved down.

Top Bottom