• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol ya alot of this stuff i didn't know. Oh i got another one. If bowser down throws either game and watch or jigs they take no damage. Also who ever posted that thing with jigs reflection on fod after a rest omg its true! Its so funny

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
and can only be done on certain walls
The rules are: You must be touching the wall before and after your upb (not just after). Because of this, you can only do it on YS, FD and FoD (tho you probably wont live if you do it where its possible)

The rules are: You must be touching the wall before and after your upb (not just after). Because of this, you can only do it on YS, FD and FoD (tho you probably wont live if you do it where its possible)
you can continuously do it by the guns on corneria

VA

Smash Hero
Um, people probably already know about this, but a lot of the characters have jump animations that correspond to no impact landing on a range of platforms.

Sheik's SH perfectly land on the YS and PS platforms, maybe others.

Falcon's back jump lands perfectly on the top platform of YS.

If you double tap jump as fast as you can with Marth it works on the low DL64 platforms.

Samus can SH onto YS and PS platforms obviously....missle cancel

Also there are two variations of run speed. I guess everyone knows this already too but anyway:

By holding diagonally away and down like 45 degrees when running you enter the sticky walk animation.

As has already been mentioned, Marth's Side B only collides with projectiles with their own hurtbox. Needles can be combatted with any of Marth's special moves, kind of cool xD

VA

Smash Hero
Really? Pretty sure I've done it without touching the wall at first :/

Um, people probably already know about this, but a lot of the characters have jump animations that correspond to no impact landing on a range of platforms.

Sheik's SH perfectly land on the YS and PS platforms, maybe others.

Falcon's back jump lands perfectly on the top platform of YS.

If you double tap jump as fast as you can with Marth it works on the low DL64 platforms.

Samus can SH onto YS and PS platforms obviously....missle cancel

Also there are two variations of run speed. I guess everyone knows this already too but anyway:

By holding diagonally away and down like 45 degrees when running you enter the sticky walk animation.

As has already been mentioned, Marth's Side B only collides with projectiles with their own hurtbox. Needles can be combatted with any of Marth's special moves, kind of cool xD
to add onto this,

marths back jump (short hop) on the second lowest height of FoD platforms

falcons back jump (short hop) on the 3rd lowest FoD platform height

Sheiks back jump sh on the 4th lowest

VA

Smash Hero
yea ive done it as well but it was by accident

the timing is near impossible I think
Actually I practiced it loads on like 1/4 speed to see the frames and stuff. I can do it like 4/10 (not very consistent) without starting on the wall, I don't think it makes any difference being as it's a matter of timing the wall jump to the correct part of the animation.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i'm skeptical to believe that the game didn't view you as acceptably close.

Slow it down and go so just the tip of your upb touches the wall and try to wall jump, and i bet you'll have 0/10

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah ok, but you said that you have to be touching the wall before and after. You didn't say you have to do it so your Up B barely touches the wall in which case I probably would have agreed with you.

As far as I'm concerned you can do it from anywhere as long as you have a some part near the end of the animation on the wall, not specifically the beginning. Just don't do it with the end only touching with the tip, and you can do it however you like :/

Anyway...did everyone know about the two run speeds? I thought that interesting.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Here I come again.

You can do walljump after an UP B, but only under the following conditions.

1: You start your up B while hugging the stage
2: You end your up B on a completely flat area (The only legal stages this is possible at, I believe, are FD and Yoshi's story.)
3: You press back at the very top of your up B, basically when it ends.
touching the wall barely is still touching the wall. If you weren't touching the wall in your tests, you should get the same results regardless of the distance you started from the wall.

Pi

Smash Hero
-If you CC Roy's aerials/tilts, you defeat him as a character. Fsmash is literally the ONLY move, besides possibly dsmash, that has enough knockback to crush CCing. Everything from all of his aerials, fowardB combos, and even usmash can be countered with it.
lmao.

10lmao's.

Pi

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=49172

also I'm still laughing every time I read that sentence in my head.

Characters that can Ledge hop, neutral B, and regrab AFAIK:
Marth
Sheik (with 1 needle, with more maybe not)
Samus
Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
Fox
Falco
Y. Link

Also

Your shield makes a noise when it comes out
And there is also noise when you start Fast Falling

Lovage

Smash Hero
you can drop through platforms during your full run, but not your initial dash. to do that you would have to use a running shield drop

X1-12

Smash Champion
you CAN edge-cancel and aerial and waveland back onto the stage

EDIT: also samus's jump uses he jetpack but her double jump doesn't (its just an animation)

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
How do you do the Kirby stocks glitch and can it be done outside of VS. mode?

fox and falco do that arm thing that means **** you when they shield. if you press start right when your shield drops theyre doing it without a shield. snaphots lol

and if you choose peach then choose ness during that it sounds like the announcer says *****

edit: wow why is p e n i s censored lmao

holypho

Smash Apprentice
level gaps....comparing levels is hard because you can't really quantify it, but its common knowledge to know when your worse or better than someone

Spife

Smash Master
searched thread for tingle and nothing came up, so...
on Termina Bay, if you pop tingle 's baloon, the hit box of the move kinda "stays" there. I think it's temporary (until tingle starts to fall is my guess) and I'm not sure if there is much knock back or damage. I just know there's a hit box chillin in the air.

Also, I'm not sure what caused this but I was off screen (in the bubble/magnifying glass) as sheik and turned into zelda, recovered to the stage, then turned back into sheik and for what only seemed like a few frames (10>), I was back in the bubble/magnifying glass off the stage and then I was sheik again (back on the stage).

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
The largest number of possible connected knees with Captain Falcon on Final Destination is six.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
One time with Marth, I dash grabbed a Fox standing near the ledge on Dreamland, I did a backthrow or downthrow (can't remember), and since my momentum kept me moving when Fox was in my grab, I threw him against the ledge wall of dreamland and he got stage spiked.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
By choosing any character, then choosing Fox and quickly choosing another character you can turn Melee into a ****fest. Note that you need two players to do this, lame eh?

E: English is wonderful

Top Bottom