• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
and moblin, i'd love to do the whole band thing...but uhh i doubt any of us have similar musical tastes, with mine probably being the most obscure.
lol

nah

That's either Chap, or meeeee. Prolly Chap, tho, since he tends to introduce me to groups more than I introduce him.

groove to my bass *****es anyone?!?!
Hell ya mofugga

Okay

So we have

Bees - Geetar/Composition/Production
Meee - Geetar (not great, but can learn pretty quickly, long as you don't need complex classical style)/Vocals/Composition/Production/...Brass Instruments
Moblin - Cello (**** YES)/?
Sam - Baaaaaass
Dylan - Drums (seriously? YAYAYA)
JCVD - ?
Meno - Peach player
Tim - Hoo hoo hoo vocal overlays, model for covershots and interviews

Dayumnz

If we could get some David/Ben involved, that'd be tight. Chap, too, but traditional composition isn't really his scene.

Oh, and Erg is good with music (I think?).

Man, one nice thing about not having school is that I have time to practice mah geetar again.

Oh, if anyone knows of any decent paying jorbs, lemme know.

EDIT: Ohhay, bring pokeymangz today, guize

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
BTW I can sing on pitch. I've been in choir every semester of every school year from kindergarden to now. It's kinda funny. 12 years of choir and the best I can say is I can "sing on pitch". My singing voice still sucks...But def. background material for the smash band.

LOL at Meno and Tim. I kinda want this to happen.

;(

Imma win the melley tourny guys. But I won't. I might enter depending if it's $5 or under and doesn't conflict much with brawl...No I won't. But I do want to play it.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I know David is like...a national orchestra level piano player, so he could definitely play the synthesizer.

I'll be there soon. I'm not slacking, I'm eating and reading smashboards!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I kinda wanna enter teams for barwl. If Dave shows up, I want him. I need $, and he needs someone to carry him. :D

Singing on pitch is good. We can work on technique sometime (lolololol).

Bees, one thing I think we can work on with your compositions is dynamics. You've got some really cool ideas, a good understanding of composition theory, and some serious dedication. Let's get you to do some crazy **** with dynamics, and we'll be good to go. :D

Oh, and toss your album up on megaupload for me.

EDIT: Yeah, pretty sure David is the best piano player I know. Aside from my great grandmother, but she's got arthritis and stuff now.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Just saying, <3 and everything Tony, but even the manliness of Dave wouldn't bring victory. 1 player can't really carry a team ever. Not saying you aren't good, but when one player is better, it's SOOO easy to exploit. Or if he teams with a Snake and I go MK. MK>>>Snake in teams. It seems evenish in singles, but if MK does have the advantage, it would be slight.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
DTL, you and zajice will do most of the singing, I think! Well... I could get my girlfriend to sing a few maybe, but she's already committed to her current band, so she wouldn't be that consistent.

Me and Sam could play the same lines prolly, but in the more acoustic songs, the cello is amazing for backround drones and occasional runs. Mostly though, I'm fine with being backround. It's kinda what the cello does unless you're really really better than everyone.... which I'm not

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Affinity, send me a pm I will give you Tim's number.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dave, these are for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhV9v5_LK7s
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhV9v5_LK7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhV9v5_LK7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUe8u2sKLn0
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUe8u2sKLn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUe8u2sKLn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJmURRB6dc
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wJmURRB6dc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wJmURRB6dc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:smash:

Underload

Lazy
it's SOOO easy to exploit. Or if he teams with a Snake and I go MK. MK>>>Snake in teams
Oh the sheer irony of this statement.

And regarding the band, it would be good **** if it actually happened. Some sort of geek rock / classical instrumental / electonic infused band. Sounds **** interesting. I doubt David could play with us, since he's Minnesotan and stuff now. :( I play acoustic guitar and have a deep-*** voice for backing vocals! :D :D :? I also have a surprisingly good grasp on music composition and harmonics, even though I haven't formally taught myself. I also can write lyrics pretty well, purely out of boredom was how I got started. Just comes naturally with the light years worth of music I've listened to.

(light years measure distance, not time!)

I'mma listen to Bees' stuff now.

ANTHONY PHALEN, WE NEED TO TEAM AT FF. I STILL NEED A PARTNER FOR THAT. JUST DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH MYSELF TO DEATH DURING A MATCH WITH YOUR HILARIOUS COMMENTS.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
lol wow those videos were nine galore!
and sorry that I couldn't make it today, I dont have a car atm and i decided to sleep in till like 2
but i have a prediction for singles
1.Tim
2. DTL
3. Yang
4.Meno
5.Tony

and also if i do come to FF it will only be for singles in the after noon :/

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Composition for Bees and IB (I'm like Kenny!!)

I love how everyone in this thread is posting about music right now >.>
I use Guitar-Pro for the composing(Painstaking note by note, instrument by instrument) mostly by ear. I use the measures simply for rhythm. I then take the final composition and mix it into FL Studios and record it. As for headphones Z gave me an awesome set of Razers but I can't use them to their full potential until Z helps me with FL Studios being installed on the other computer.
FL Studio definitely is a good program, but if you plan on going profesh, then Reason is a must (like tony said). However, if you don't have the means of getting Reason, FL studio does the job.
How do you think writing a piece for the people at the colleges to consider in wake of my lack of music training, experience and credits in High School? Because I can pick up my old Rhapsody I was working on and give it some fine tuning and redirection.
Honestly, the only thing the school looks at is how good you currently are. They generally don't care what grades, etc you got in High School. For most schools, you don't have to play an instrument for composition, although it can help if you do. I'd recommend keeping up with your playing so you can actually play stuff you compose.

On IB:
I think people overestimate how hard IB is. It's like AP with BS. Granted, the tests are much harder in my experience. I got 5s on all the AP tests I took, but I only got a 7 on 1 IB test. AP is generally more accepted by colleges for credits while IB is accepted internationally and teaches you more. The point where IB becomes much harder than AP is the Extended Essay and CAS hours, but that is only for the diploma.

I know David is like...a national orchestra level piano player, so he could definitely play the synthesizer.!
I loled
Maybe during the summer I could do something musical with you guys. We'll see.

ALSO GOOD LUCK AT POUND BLOSHI!!

Dekar173

Justice Man
I really like/have been studying lyrical geniuses like Lil Weezy and Ne-Yo, so I can be your lyricist!

I came on her butt to make it clap like a rhinoceros- yo

(All autotuned of course).

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Ne-yo is so beast.

What David said bout IB and AP (teachers have same opinion) but screw IB cause I just get straight college credits from CU with half my AP classes gg.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I really like/have been studying lyrical geniuses like Lil Weezy and Ne-Yo, so I can be your lyricist!

You think weezy is a lyrical genius? Wtf.

Do you freestyle?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
edit post: shout outs

Meno: Amazing team mirite? We had that...Peach sucks lol bad yes

Dan: Full homo. Great seeing and playing you

Tim: lol why? You are funny. I laugh at things you say because they are funny.

Bloshi: Really cool guy. Thanks again for the ride. MY LEG!

Tony: Poor people suck. Be less poor. You're also cool and chill as always. Sonic is terrible. Learn to not SD as MK and play him > : 0 Yours was good when you played. ZSS is pretty legit though.

Yang: It was great actually getting to kinda know ya sorta. Really nice guy. Didn't get to play you though.

Underload: I understand that you want to keep the whole, "being in the closet" thing a secret, and I respect that, but you really need to see someone about that animal thing. That isn't a preference; it's a legitimate psychological condition.

Ferdi: lol Good ****. Punish those habits! But really, beating Meno and Tim? Just epic. Come back and play Brawl more often. You'd ****.

DOP: You're not even on the boards lol. Nice hosting/ ping pong skill though.

TC: For a first time, this was great. Attendence was low, but that's to be expected for that time. We need to play more. Aside from your exploitable habits, you have so much going for you in Brawl. We'll get you over those in no time!

That one guy that was just there: You seemed nice.

Was that everyone? If I missed you it's cuz it's late. GGs guys.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
GGs everyone today - even though I'm still a little freaked.

I beat Tim, and then Ferdi's Marth, but lose to his G&W. Whaaaaaaaaa...

Hey Meno and Dave.

I got accepted to UNC. So more smash come fall time? : D
**** YES

But Dave is gonna be in Fort Collins now. :ohwell:

Also, Bees should join us.

LET'S MAKE A SMASH BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Fun stuff today folks.

Also, for people that want rides in the future, and for Affinity, this is my phone number: 303-888-8777

Really. Just keep it in your phone, and text me when I'm asking about rides. I only saw that dave/roman wanted rides when I was about to leave, so I posted about it and waited an hour but saw no response. If you text me, it even wakes me up when I'm sleeping, so I'll get back to you.

Affinity, do you need a place to stay, or is that already sorted out?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i would have entered brawl but there was marvel and melee, put those 2 together....MM?? MONEY MATCH MARVEL? COSMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAKES THE LEAD. Bloshi fails to make it out of pools, shoulda stuck with brawl. ITS OVERRRRRRRRRRR

Underload

Lazy
Those are some ****ed up results. Too bad there weren't more people. I don't think the results would've been as strange if maybe 5 more people showed up... How many were there, anyway?

I never would've called Meno beating Tim, though. Pretty good **** on that.

And who here HASN'T learned to SDI the turtle? Just wondering. Ferdi used a ton of it when I played him (which was a while ago), and it was after that experience that I bunkered down and learned how to SDI annoying multi-hit moves (i.e. Zelda smashes, G+W bair, ROB dsmash, Snake nair, etc.) I've forgotten some of it now, but G+W's bair is still pretty much ingrained.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
My review of the tournament:

There were some serious problems. First off, the venue was definitely NOT worth $8, and arguably wasn't worth $4. I don't even think they had to rent that room, and our money went towards getting Chipotle burritos for the "staff". Second, the event was on a crappy day for everyone (seriously, Friday? Wtf), and obviously wasn't advertised at ALL, because you can net some major numbers in college towns without even trying.

Then there was the actual tournament.

Winner-take-all-but-we-aren't-going-to-inform-anyone-of-this-also-double-elimination-for-a-six-or-eight-man-bracket

I didn't enter because I suspected something like this would happen, and, frankly, that's a waste of my money. If second place got their money back, I would have at least entered Melee. Melee's tournament didn't turn out as badly because the Melee players MADE it a round robin (which is what should have happened with Brawl, and might have convinced me to enter Melee).

I'm fairly certain people sandbagged in Brawl b/c the amount was low and they didn't know it was winner-take-all.

There were 2 televisions at the venue, one of which was being used for WATCHING TELEVISION by what I assume was "staff" (laughable as the notion of staff was for this event). The Melee players were fortunate enough to have Z bring his little baby monitor thingy (which works well enough), and the Brawl players were lucky to have Bloshi bring a set-up (that he kindly let them use for their tournament).

At one point, TZ or someone came up and told us Melee players we could use the "staff" TV or whatever it was for Brawl, but since we're Melee players...?

The venue size was like Tim's ground floor, if you cleared it out. Honestly, we would have been better off hosting this thing at Roman's. We paid $4-$8 just for a glorified smashfest. That's not including the $10 entry fee for tiny-*** brackets.

Despite this, had it been announced that Brawl was winner-take-all, I think that the competition would have been fierce as hell. I mean, you have this line-up:

1) Tim
2) DTL
3) Meno
4) Ferdi
5) Yang

Tell me that that's not one of the hardest brackets you've seen in CO in awhile, eh? All of these people can stand their own in Brawl. Toss me in for fun, and that pretty much guarantees that no one outside our power-rankings (nodekar, you don't count) is going to take this.

So yeah.

tl;dr

Venue: 2/5 - Was clean and fairly spacious (for how small it was), but definitely NOT worth the money. Strongly suspect the venue fee went right into the pockets of the TO/staff, or into their bellies. Also, we were kicked out before 10, also strongly suspect it was due to TO and friends being ********* and wanting to get home.

Organization: 2/5 - Hard to rate this one, since the only scrubs present were the TO/staff, and everyone else kinda helped. Tournament pretty much ran itself. $10 for a tournament with **** near no one is ********. Also, no doubles. I could have organized/got people interested in doubles in a second, but didn't feel the desire to, since it WASN'T MY JOB.

Competition: 3/5 - Good comp, but I can get the same variety from a smashfest.

Recruiting New Players/Advertisement: 0/5 - As stated before, overglorified smashfest that cost us money to attend. Only new(ish) faces were TO and friends.

Fun: 4.5/5 - I had a blast. BUT, it was due to good company, good games, AND largely due to Z being so **** helpful. If the "fun" category was based on what the TO did, it would be a 1/5, at best, cuz he provided us with one or two T.V.s, tops.

Lameness of Staff: 5/5 - The ONLY times the staff actually tried to initiate conversation with me were as follows:

1) [What's your online name?]*n - Registration purposes
2) [Need the money (explain Tim paid for my venue)]*2
3) [Can anybody sell me some weed?]*1

Really ****ing lame. Learn to chat up your guests.

Overall: 2/5 - I've heard of worse tournaments, and been to one (AZ12), but this would seriously have been a waste of my time if not for the AWESOME players that attended. Next time I see a FtC tournament, I'm likely to throw my own/just have a smashfest.

This concludes my tournament review. Peter, you better do EFL right!

Just saying, <3 and everything Tony, but even the manliness of Dave wouldn't bring victory. 1 player can't really carry a team ever. Not saying you aren't good, but when one player is better, it's SOOO easy to exploit. Or if he teams with a Snake and I go MK. MK>>>Snake in teams. It seems evenish in singles, but if MK does have the advantage, it would be slight.
You don't understand.

I'd bank on me being better than you at teams. Every time I team with someone good (Ferdi, Tim, etc), we make it to finals/win. I team with Nite for fun, not to win. Tim and I only lost to Ferdi and Yang,from what I recall. (OLD **** ALERT), at AZ One Two, I took out a Kirby+Meta team with one stock, high percent, as Sonic. They both had 1 stock, one was at like... 40%, the other was at 12% or so. It wasn't like they were terrible, either, since it was last match of the set, their CP, and they ended up placing higher than us in the long run. But still, I KNOW teams. The only reason I stopped teaming with Tim was so that I could work with weaker players, to become EVEN BETTAR at teams.

But $ tends to prevent me from teaming.

Brawl teams is completely different from Brawl singles, which is another thing I think you don't really understand. You can do so much ****ed up stuff that it's not even funny.

Oh, and I was sandbagging every bit as hard as you were in friendlies. Only time I tried while playing Brawl was when you were away, cuz I like trying vs Meno, but don't feel like showing you what I actually know in the game. Just sayin'. The reason I stopped playing Brawl was because the competition wasn't fun.

And I've placed higher OoS than anyone else in CO in Brawl, too. Within the past year, to boot.

I'm NOT saying I'm the best, but you seriously underestimate me. Dave got me with gimmicks that killed me at 10%, but it was still last stock, and Tim beat me cuz... he's Tim and actually knows how I play. You might be better than me (I kinda hope you are by now), but I don't think it's by as much as you think it is.

Sowwy, no car. Hit up Tim/Meno(lives by DIA, right?).

Oh the sheer irony of this statement.

And regarding the band, it would be good **** if it actually happened. Some sort of geek rock / classical instrumental / electonic infused band. Sounds **** interesting. I doubt David could play with us, since he's Minnesotan and stuff now. :( I play acoustic guitar and have a deep-*** voice for backing vocals! :D :D :? I also have a surprisingly good grasp on music composition and harmonics, even though I haven't formally taught myself. I also can write lyrics pretty well, purely out of boredom was how I got started. Just comes naturally with the light years worth of music I've listened to.

(light years measure distance, not time!)

I'mma listen to Bees' stuff now.

ANTHONY PHALEN, WE NEED TO TEAM AT FF. I STILL NEED A PARTNER FOR THAT. JUST DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH MYSELF TO DEATH DURING A MATCH WITH YOUR HILARIOUS COMMENTS.
Yayaya, we need some deep vocals. I can teach ya what I know, though I suspect there are others in our scene that have a firmer grasp of the actual science behind it.

I might take ya up on that. Snake+ZSS isn't too great, tho, so I'll either need to get my MK or Sonic in shape for that.

Guess we need a brawlfest, and I actually need to attend.

and also if i do come to FF it will only be for singles in the after noon :/
I didn't enter. Winner-take-all and all that.

I WANTED TO TEAM WITH YOU! ZSS PLUS GAW FTW!

Oh****.

Are we getting some 4corners action in this ****?

====

Regarding David for teh muzak, he'd pretty much be like Ben, since they live years away from us. He'd be our OMFGSPECIALGUEST!

Or, we could record ourselves using a webcam/microphone combo, and have him do the same, and put it all together for awesome vids of doom.

So yeah, CO, we need to **** music.

===

NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS!

Who in CO can cook well? Cuz like... if we can have good music AND eats at our non-NVGA events, I'm pretty sure OoSers will come just for that.

===

AAAAND, to conclude!

Shout-outs!

Ferdi - Way to lose to a Yoshi
Bloshi - Way to lose to Cosmo
Yang - Way to lose to me in Marvel
Z - Way to lose to my Ca- OH****TAGERHURTSMESOBAD
Tim - Good games, sir. Great conversation, ty for teh McGangbangs
DTL - GGs. Keep playing mega-gay vs me in Brawl. I like it, cuz it helps me trouble-shoot and figure out what beats what when. If something works vs me, abuse it.
Meno - GGs. Next time I play Lucas on FD, make sure to do the regrabs, or else Imma win again! Always fun playing ya. Use airdodge occasionally. Tim told me how bad it is, but airdodging is worse in Melee, and people still use it. Just gotta be careful.
Anyone I forgot - I don't even know how I forgot you. There were like... 6 of us.

EDIT:

I spent like... an hour on this post. Wtf.

EDIT2:

Anyone wanna host a brawl/smashfest tomorrow? Monday would also be great, but I really wanna play.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS!

Who in CO can cook well? Cuz like... if we can have good music AND eats at our non-NVGA events, I'm pretty sure OoSers will come just for that.
I do a lot of Asian cuisine and some Philippino foods as well, both of which a lot of my friends and family have enjoyed.

[/b]Z - Way to lose to my Ca- OH****TAGERHURTSMESOBAD[/b]
Tim - Good games, sir. Great conversation, ty for teh McGangbangs
DTL - GGs. Keep playing mega-gay vs me in Brawl. I like it, cuz it helps me trouble-shoot and figure out what beats what when. If something works vs me, abuse it.
Meno - GGs. Next time I play Lucas on FD, make sure to do the regrabs, or else Imma win again! Always fun playing ya. Use airdodge occasionally. Tim told me how bad it is, but airdodging is worse in Melee, and people still use it. Just gotta be careful.
Anyone I forgot - I don't even know how I forgot you. There were like... 6 of us.
I won that set because you weren't gay enough and use the clap loop @.@ But yeah, THE POWER OF SCIENCE!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Soo guize

Jiggz is madd fun

And Doc is tight

So I'm thinkin' about runnin' Jiggz/Doc. I'll have problems with marf, but whatever. I'll figure out what to do.

Should I drop Falco, or do you guys want me to keep playing him? He's fun, but it's kinda annoying since I can't practice due to lolnvgatakingmycordsandlosingthem. I'll keep playing him if'n you think I should, but Ferdi and Kenny both have smoother Falcos than mine, and my Fox still seems to be able to wreck ****.

This is mainly @ Ferdi, Yang, + Kenny

I might also run Jiggz.Doc.Fox/Sheik, but Sheik's kinda boring until it becomes time to combo, soz I prolly won't touch her unless people really want me to.

Or I could just run Doc.Jiggz.CF and completely obsolete the mexbros

lolyeahriteCFishard

Top Bottom