• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Then use the cstick? -.-

Bloshi is in the melee pools now. He should go upset all the way to and through bracket with yoshi

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pick Marth against Meno.

Edit:
Figured it out. I just wasn't timing my release of the shield button right.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Yea tim ima need a ride if you have room, ima text you again maybe later today/tomorrow early cause you said we'd be leaving at 11am

idk anybody in your pool Bloshi but dont worry CO REPRESENT

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Don't feel bad, Moblin. UL never did that to me.

Hey all of you no Facebook people I know. I uploaded another one of my songs on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4wF0qvlUw

Also JCVDEFG! Congrats! I need to try for a music composition major. I heard DU is good for that.... Tony don't you go to DU?
Yeah. It's a fantastic music school. Like... top of the line. Buuuuuuut, it's also 40-50k a year.

If the price tag is a bit much, look into UNC (good program, really underrated, but the whole town smells of cow), or CU Boulder (I'll never talk to you again. Unless you start smoking. But don't. Cuz I like the non-pot version of Bess). Both of them have great music programs, are easy to get into if you actually tried a little in HS, aaaaaaaand are affordable. Plus, UNC has a buncha smashers.

EDIT: Josiah, what program do you use? What's your set-up? And what headphones are you rockin?

Next to Meno and JCVD and Tai and a billion others, Bees may be my favourite Brawler. :D

What are you lookin' to do with your music?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
No, I'm going cause it's affordable, I am close enough to live at home, I like Boulder, and they'll give me a full year of credits for IB!!!
and pot.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
IB is stupid. You should feel stupid for being a part of it.

Smart kids go to IB. (DTL)
Smarter kids go to IB and quit when they realize it sucks. (Moblin)
Smartest kids get invited to IB but realize it's dumb beforehand and don't go at all. (Me)
Then there's the inferior dumb people. (Everybody else.)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've actually had a really good social life by my standards and haven't had THAT much homework. It's quite unlikely I won't pass IB at this point, so looking back, it was the right choice.

Also, I'm not smart. Not being modest, but really...I'm not stupid, but in terms of actual intelligence I'm probably around the 50% mark. To pass IB, you just have to not procrastinate too hard. That's really it. Also, Mexicans aren't allowed in, so I guess you're not allowed to be Mexican, too.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Don't feel bad, Moblin. UL never did that to me.

Yeah. It's a fantastic music school. Like... top of the line. Buuuuuuut, it's also 40-50k a year.

If the price tag is a bit much, look into UNC (good program, really underrated, but the whole town smells of cow), or CU Boulder (I'll never talk to you again. Unless you start smoking. But don't. Cuz I like the non-pot version of Bess). Both of them have great music programs, are easy to get into if you actually tried a little in HS, aaaaaaaand are affordable. Plus, UNC has a buncha smashers.

EDIT: Josiah, what program do you use? What's your set-up? And what headphones are you rockin?

Next to Meno and JCVD and Tai and a billion others, Bees may be my favourite Brawler. :D

What are you lookin' to do with your music?
I think UNC might be pricey simply because I would need to stay in a dorm I imagine, which means I have to get a job which also would distract from my education(10-16hr week job is fine, but more would be needed.) Also in high-school I had no clue what I wanted(skateboarded a lot and that was it*pathetic.) I wish I would have taken more interest in music as I have always heard music in my head for as long as I can remember.
I use Guitar-Pro for the composing(Painstaking note by note, instrument by instrument) mostly by ear. I use the measures simply for rhythm. I then take the final composition and mix it into FL Studios and record it. As for headphones Z gave me an awesome set of Razers but I can't use them to their full potential until Z helps me with FL Studios being installed on the other computer.

As for a profession I would love to a composer or music director for a gaming company or for movies. In short write scores for games and or movies(Hans Zimmer, Bruce Broughton, Tim Rice, ect)

Just as a precautionary measure I plan on making programming my minor. It should help in case jobs are hard to find at first.

How do you think writing a piece for the people at the colleges to consider in wake of my lack of music training, experience and credits in High School? Because I can pick up my old Rhapsody I was working on and give it some fine tuning and redirection.

Also thank you I would rather be among the billions of favorite brawlers than one of the "Look at that scrub over there he can barely hold his controller, no wonder he plays brawl." peeps

Also, Bess does not suck at making music.
Thank you very much Zaj :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think UNC might be pricey simply because I would need to stay in a dorm I imagine, which means I have to get a job which also would distract from my education(10-16hr week job is fine, but more would be needed.) Also in high-school I had no clue what I wanted(skateboarded a lot and that was it*pathetic.) I wish I would have taken more interest in music as I have always heard music in my head for as long as I can remember.
I use Guitar-Pro for the composing(Painstaking note by note, instrument by instrument) mostly by ear. I use the measures simply for rhythm. I then take the final composition and mix it into FL Studios and record it. As for headphones Z gave me an awesome set of Razers but I can't use them to their full potential until Z helps me with FL Studios being installed on the other computer.

As for a profession I would love to a composer or music director for a gaming company or for movies. In short write scores for games and or movies(Hans Zimmer, Bruce Broughton, Tim Rice, ect)

Just as a precautionary measure I plan on making programming my minor. It should help in case jobs are hard to find at first.

How do you think writing a piece for the people at the colleges to consider in wake of my lack of music training, experience and credits in High School? Because I can pick up my old Rhapsody I was working on and give it some fine tuning and redirection.
Having a job a great thing for college actually. It helps you organize your time.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've actually had a really good social life by my standards and haven't had THAT much homework. It's quite unlikely I won't pass IB at this point, so looking back, it was the right choice.

Also, I'm not smart. Not being modest, but really...I'm not stupid, but in terms of actual intelligence I'm probably around the 50% mark. To pass IB, you just have to not procrastinate too hard. That's really it. Also, Mexicans aren't allowed in, so I guess you're not allowed to be Mexican, too.
I actually decided not to join IB because I went to the whole "lolsmartpplz" group in middle school and just didn't enjoy it at all. They said IB was the same, so I said no when they offered it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Having a job a great thing for college actually. It helps you organize your time.
This is true. However it can just as easily overwhelm you. Especially when you haven't been in school for 3 years. Also my parents said I can stay with them for free while I am in college. They will pay my car insurance and gas to and from my studies. Also I don't think as of right now I have the discipline to tackle College and a job.
At least not at first.

EDIT: Also for everyone a gamers medley I wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ktBhMj4zAw

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, don't do it your first semester or so. I have a 10 hour job on campus. Its easy and helps me organize my schedule

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Definitely have as many pieces available as possible.

You can afford UNC, as long as your parents aren't super-rich. It's a cheap school for how good it is, and you can ~always~ take out loans/find scholarships to help pay for housing.

And most colleges require freshmen to live a year on campus.

Do you play any instruments? If not, you're gonna want to pick one, prolly.

Look into Reason. FL Studios is **** compared to it. Use Audacity for last-minute tweaks. Also, if you have a laptop you use for composing, bring it up sometime and I'll let you try out my headphones so you know what the difference is between consumer and sound engineer quality headphones.

But yeah, UNC is your best bet if you're working offa budget. It's really affordable, and I'm positive that, given your level of composition, you can get some scholarships.

Worst worst worst case scenario, use a community college to knock out your core credits, and then transfer to the college of your choice. Hit me up sometime and we can go more in-depth aboot what you can and should do.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It's true. I feel like a ****** compared to everyone else in IB. They ****ing ship these kids in from everywhere in Asia. On top of that, every one of them cheats their ***** of because their parents **** them or something if they aren't top 3 in the class.

Also, as stated, I miss the Mexicans. Literally, Niwot high is 1/3 Mexican. IB 12th grade doesn't have a single one. Also, IB girls are the worst things ever. Luckily, non IB girls seem to like IB boys. If they didn't, I prolly would've dropped out with the excuse lack of ***.

Don't get me wrong though. I still get none.

Also, Besse skateboarded? <3 you more.

Tim: AP is like IB exept IB is like taking every single class plus a few purely IB ones (ToK) and a lot of community service, sports, and creativity bull****. No joke, the theme of Theory of Knowledge, the IB specific class, is the question, "How do you know you know?".

I spelled except wrong up there. I like it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also, Besse skateboarded? <3 you more..
Thank you <3 you too!

Yes. I don't begrudge it though. What I meant is that I wish I would have looked into other interests, Like cultivating the music talent I had(might be in college now.) and as far as hobbies go (competitive gaming and anime) I would be a lot better at melee if I knew about l-canceling and the wavestuffs if I had practiced it rather than f-smash spamming with Kirby in a free for all with items on.

Also I do miss skateboarding a little(can't afford it anymore) It was good exercise. I also had 360-flips down (bolts and all) Also could ollie 6 decks interlocked!

I probably suck now. lol I quit about 2 years ago.

Alright, don't do it your first semester or so. I have a 10 hour job on campus. Its easy and helps me organize my schedule
That is a good idea. Also maybe a sedentary job would be most helpful for organizing my time, thoughts and schedule. Unlike most of my job history(Being a Janitor sucks!)

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Oh sweet here's my pool. After doing a quick member/youtube search here are my finds:

Black Jinjo: Low tier player. Then again all the posts/vids concerning the characters he uses are from 2+ years ago, so not sure.

Eval: Peach/Shiek player from Puerto Rico. Seems alright with shiek, pretty good with peach.

HAT: High tier player. Has teamed with Chudat so I'm just going to assume he's good.

kail: Not sure lol. Ganon I think.

Cosmo: Play marth/falcon/falco. Looks good.

I think I can make it out of pools. I just have to be good! And I'll of course be relying a little bit on Yoshi's crazy things nobody knows about.

Also on the IB topic at hand: it blows because they ask you to do a whole bunch of stuff nobody will ever ask you to do again unless you become a scholar, in which case all the bull**** and pretentiousness training will pay off.

Bees!

Smash Ace
HAT: High tier player. Has teamed with Chudat so I'm just going to assume he's good.
OMG HAT!!! I don't know how he is in melee but I have seen videos of him teaming with Chu in Brawl...Double Kirby FTW!

Sorry that doesn't help.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If I made it outta pools with HMW and Forward, despite Boss lying about the outcome of our matches, you can **** face at p4.

But I strongly suspect HMW wasn't high tier back then.

Also, I played Peach.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEN!

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Cosmo...and IB

Oh sweet here's my pool. After doing a quick member/youtube search here are my finds:

Black Jinjo: Low tier player. Then again all the posts/vids concerning the characters he uses are from 2+ years ago, so not sure.

Eval: Peach/Shiek player from Puerto Rico. Seems alright with shiek, pretty good with peach.

kail: Not sure lol. Ganon I think.

Cosmo: Play marth/falcon/falco. Looks good.

I think I can make it out of pools. I just have to be good! And I'll of course be relying a little bit on Yoshi's crazy things nobody knows about.

Also on the IB topic at hand: it blows because they ask you to do a whole bunch of stuff nobody will ever ask you to do again unless you become a scholar, in which case all the bull**** and pretentiousness training will pay off.
I would put money on Cosmo being the best player in your pool. He's definitely one of the better midwest players right now and is like top 5, maybe even top 3, in Chicago. I've only played him a few times in friendlies and he's pretty good. On par with our top players but with a different style. More aggressive marth than ferdi(who isn't?) but not a particularly fast player and less formulaic than Yang. He probably won't be the most technical player you face but probably the smartest. He's a marth main for sure and will most likely pick Marth against you in pools since he doesn't know who you play. He only uses falco for certain matchups he has problems with like against certain spacies players. If it weren't for the fact that I want you to rep Yoshi all the way I'd advise you to pick sheik rofl

That being said. A little philosophy never got anyone killed right? XD

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Is anyone picking me up?? o.O

Also, IB haha. I was in IB for 2 years, then I couldn't take it!!!

There are ranks in school like this:

Normal = special kids

X = Average

AP = Above Average

IB = E=mc2

Well, at least at my old high school...

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
yeah dylan pretty much got the IB summary on the dot.

sooooooo.... much music.

LET'S MAKE A SMASH BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously. let's do it. I could also use some help composing. My main instrument is cello but I'm going to be learning either piano or guitar soon

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
@Bloshi

Cosmo is a speedrunner for Zelda games, I talk to him occasionally, if there was a pro level highly defined in smash, I would say he's just a small step below it. Very smart player.

@Everyone
Come to CSU :( It's better here!

Also gl at the tourney today, I'm meeting a female friend and apparently I'm going to the church tonight(?) lol.

Edit:

Oh and about the IB, from what i've heard, the average AP class is harder than it's comparable IB class, but IB as a whole is a lot more difficult than AP as a whole because of all the extra stuff you have to do, and additionally not all classes are offered as AP.

and moblin, i'd love to do the whole band thing...but uhh i doubt any of us have similar musical tastes, with mine probably being the most obscure.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
heres the address so u guys don't have to dig it up again.

1600 W Plum St, Fort Collins, CO 80521 building 34

tim i wont be needing a ride cause i'm getting one from z

Top Bottom