• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Well in a month and a half I am going to be moving into my own place in Pueblo. My roommate and I intend on getting the fastest internet money can buy. So I might do that.
Also Chunky! Me and you should team on the team ladder too! ROB+Lucas would **** so hard.
Nice dude :3 also thanks for the nice offer, but I don't really have a wii atm so it won't help you out sorry. :( It's still broken. Also it would be nice to do dubz. I haven't done them in a long time and that was with FOW. PSI FTW! <3 I still need dubz experience, but I do a nice job at least.

Edit: I forgot, Nate let me borrow his wii so I can play, but it's temperary so take your chance to play me if you want on wifi (yeah I know it's wifi but who cares). This means you to Fishbait. lol

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Timotee said:
Make it last fishbait!

Also, during the ndk brawl tourney, someone was using your tag and I got scared. But then it wasn't you.
Haha yeah, I was playing a bit yesterday (freindlies) but I couldn't come today cause of homework and stuff... I played Amaterasu Okami a couple times, but the timer was only at 4 minutes so we went into sudden death both times we played. He's fairly good.

At Chunky: Yessss we really should play. It would be easiest for you to reach me at my "home" site, brawlfriendcodes.com. I don't mean to advertise but meh... Steam is there too, that's how he seems to know more about me than the rest of you haha. And that site is also the reason I'm not active here on Smashboards and (until lately) AiB.

Quick edit: I also just turned 16 a few days ago, and I'm getting my license sometime in October, so I'll actually be coming to more smashfests and stuff. Also, I've been reading up on this thread so I know about the whole ditching C3 stuff, in case anyone was actually gonna tell me about it so that I don't miss everything.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Roman, as soon as I get my car insured on the 20th I'll be coming to all the meleefests that I can. I don't want CO melee to die. I suck, but I'll get better really quick.

Also, I kind of think exactly the same about brawl as Steam does Bees, except that it's ****ing mad fun to main Marth's up B so I love it for that single reason. I don't really play ganon anymore when I play Brawl, lol, but I still am kinda good with him. As good as you can be with Ganon, anyway.

Also my goal in BB is to beat both Tim and Jamaal in tournament

Steam

Smash Hero
I still can't believe I lost to Okami at KOTS. He FH nair spammed with snake and it like worked. I should have just rolled behind him lmao.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Oh, about Melee, I did play it for a while when I didn't have a Brawl disc/Wii, so I'm alright at it. I might become a fail M2K and play both of them, if that'll help the CO Melee scene at all.

Underload

Lazy
I like playing Melee from time to time. I still remember all the basics with Fox. Except shorthopping.

Fish, just make it known when you have some free time on the weekend so we can indulge in some nerdy Nintendo fighting games.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Kk Underload, I'll check with my family to see how the next couple weekends are going, and if nothing's happening then we can "indulge in some nerdy Nintendo fighting games."

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I can still play melee, though I'm not that good at it imo. All I know is that Meno is going to like who I main in melee...

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Jebus christ! Over 4 pages of posts in one day?? Looks like Greg is getting his dose of hell.

And Bees if you're gonna start playing some wifi then Level is free to team with you on the dubs ladder for kicks. Like I said I play online frequently (though not with MK all too often).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yaaaay, I have my Wii again.

Also: Lady Gaga cosplay convention was pretty fun. Would attend for free again.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Finally you start listening to me.

EDIT: "NEEDED TO SEE IT AT A NATIONAL"

**** you Dylan.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Than you.

I want to make a list of every mod and put it after posts I make that should be infracted. That way I KNOW they'll get me.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Bees, if you do get a good connection and stuff, we've gotta have friendlies more often. WiFi really helps with match-ups as long as you and your opponent don't use WiFi tactics.

Also, still top 20 on AiB (I have a feeling this won't last). =)
totally! I will play with everyone I can. Since we are buying the best connection we can get. Also congrats for getting top 20. You got this! go for top 10!

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Jebus christ! Over 4 pages of posts in one day?? Looks like Greg is getting his dose of hell.
This is funny because Greg rarely responds, on threads, emotionally. He's very flowchart business all the time. Therefore, it's hard to communicate with the guy on a forum basis. Hell, even responding in general. When we say stuff on here against C3T, Greg posts his next tournament without concern to anything said (until this time.) Ask questions about the tournament or otherwise.

So, we can't tell if he considers this "hell" or even anything distraught at all. Too mechanic.

NDK Brawl lol. Stupided my way to 2nd place!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Got access to smashboards after 2 days of being at the con.

In a general rant, some ******* decided to jack a controller from me when I set up my 2 stations for BlazBlue and for Tim's 360. I raged, punched the railing, packed, and left. Thanks again, Ferdi and Jon, for helping carry my crap to the car.

Second, since we're on the topic of Greg: No, I'm not advertising Cutthroat for you at NDK; I'm not paid enough imo to actually go out and advertise it, especially since I'm the one paying for my own ticket. Things may have been different if you paid for it. I'm also not to pleased about getting boned after doing 4 hours of work to get the wii's hacked to load custom save data for brawl, and no compensation. Also, I get turned down when I want gas reimbursement for driving 148 miles (yes, 74 miles one way) to the Tivoli and back.
In short: I'm not advertising for C3 until I see significant improvements.

Blah.. That may seem random for all of you since you weren't in the hotel room when this happened. Greg sent me a text at around 9 or so, telling me about the new C3 events and to spread the word. I shortly got a text from Lance. **** that; I'm enjoying what little I could enjoy of NDK. All in all though, it was more of a stressful weekend than a pleasant one.

Also: **** YOU GUYS WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT THE STICKS! I AM PROVIDING A ****ING SERVICE AND BUSTING MY ***! YOU DON'T LIKE IT!? PLAY ON THE PAD OR BRING YOUR OWN GOD **** ****! I know some of you appreciated the sticks as well, but I was getting tired and frustrated at everyone blaming the stick. I didn't bring my equipment and setups just to get harassed. Makes me wonder why I keep bringing the ****...

One more thing: Wanted to thank you all for helping look after the stuff while I was away. Was pretty stressful having people harass Emily repeatably, so I had to go stop it (or the little that I could).

Thank you all who have my back by the way... Haven't said that to all of you, but yeah... Needless to say this is a pretty off night with the mood of the post being switched every so often.

Now something else...

Yang, Ferdi, Tim (?), and I were talking during the con about tourneys, more specifically: Zournament. Now to announce the W's

Who: The community
What: Brawl mainly, melee secondary, Mario Party
Where: Z's house
When: Sometime in December
Why: Revival project? And it's fun.

Decided that it'd be best if it was in December, sometime during the transition of the 2nd and 3rd week since most young high schoolers and the college geezers will be out.

Oh... and I don't want to, but if we want pizza again, I'm going to need to include a $5 venue fee if that happens... I went in the hole $97 last gathering. I like hosting stuff, but God **** I'm not that rich. So it's either just drinks and we go out when we get the munchies (there's a local IHOP), or venue fee :(

Actually... IHOP sounds amazing...

EDIT 1: Also, glad you remembered the money you owe me, Bess.

EDIT 2: Come by this Friday; I got you something from NDK.

EDIT 3: (look before Zournament post)

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I don't mind having a venue fee, especially since I know it's looping right back into the community (food for all us) and I straight KNOW what it's for. I admit, it was kind of BS last Zournament for pizza. the amount of pizza you ordered and people ate =/= anywhere near the amount of donations you got. It was a race to pizza most people didn't put in for. NG

And sorry if I complained about your secondary stick. It's not that great, I'm not gonna beat around the bush here. Still, I'm appreciative that you brought it even if I didn't express it outright. I don't have a PS3 stick, can't afford one of quality, and Yang forgot his twice so there wasn't much I can do about bringing my own "god****" stick. :|

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind having a venue fee, especially since I know it's looping right back into the community (food for all us) and I straight KNOW what it's for. I admit, it was kind of BS last Zournament for pizza. the amount of pizza you ordered and people ate =/= anywhere near the amount of donations you got. It was a race to pizza most people didn't put in for. NG

And sorry if I complained about your secondary stick. It's not that great, I'm not gonna beat around the bush here. Still, I'm appreciative that you brought it even if I didn't express it outright. I don't have a PS3 stick, can't afford one of quality, and Yang forgot his twice so there wasn't much I can do about bringing my own "god****" stick. :|
me so sorry =(. Had a whole bunch of school stuff i had to worry about.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
@Dan:

People will always complain. Always.

Did they jack just a pad or was it one of your sticks?

edit: Not that a pad isn't a big deal but i'd think it would be better than a stick :/

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
I don't know what a pad and a stick are, but I'm guessing they're related to something like SF or BB. But don't you guys think that the terms "pad" and "stick" sound a bit... wrong?

/guttermind

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Noel has a 147 hit combo on Hakumen that does a full life bar. :D

Or, for 50 heat, 132 hits and almost full life bar.

Noel is sooooo awesome.

Steam

Smash Hero
Noel has a 147 hit combo on Hakumen that does a full life bar. :D

Or, for 50 heat, 132 hits and almost full life bar.

Noel is sooooo awesome.
whaaaat...

needs fixing pl0x. only hakumen and arakune are supposed to combo full life bar.

inb4insovietrussia

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Great to see a few new faces who want to play melee :)
Even if you believe you suck, you can improve really fast. In just a couple of hours.

Also, Z...

Great that you are holding a tourney in December. If I remember correctly, Kenny will be coming back for vacation during that month.

I know he has been playing see Cali peeps, and I'm really excited to see how much he improved!
With that said, I would really love to see improvements in the scene..whats left of it anyways.
I know people have higher prioritys then smash right, especially since school just started.
I'll be doing my best to hold smashfests and possibly tourneys. Don't expect a tourney till I move at the end of October.

Ok, so Moblin... you want to play C.Falcon still right? Cause if so, great! I love that match up! You'll be so good at it, that you can even make M2k Rage quit :D

Fishbait...not sure if I have ever met you. What is your location?
I live off of Mississippi and Sable, in Aurora.

Tony, good rant. Over the years I've known you, I can completely agree with you. I hope you and Tim are doing well. And did I hear you say I suck at falcon dittos? Especially maplestory????!! Haha

Ferdi, Are you dead?

Yang, Did you kill Ferdi?

Rafa and Erg:
Look at the bulge....

Tim, when I see you , I expect a new beard and mustache. Just like this

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Isn't noel's 0-death a corner only counter hit combo off of a move that she should never ch with?

Also, it's the 25th anniversary of super mario bros! That game is amazing.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so Moblin... you want to play C.Falcon still right? Cause if so, great! I love that match up! You'll be so good at it, that you can even make M2k Rage quit :D

wut. Nah, I've always mained ganon in Melee, but I love C.Falcon too. But I really wanna learn falco or fox mostly after Ganon. I still can't wait to play some melee though.

Also, how's MvC2 if anyone's played it?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
wut. Nah, I've always mained ganon in Melee, but I love C.Falcon too. But I really wanna learn falco or fox mostly after Ganon. I still can't wait to play some melee though.

Also, how's MvC2 if anyone's played it?
MvC2 is like one of the greatest games ever. It reminds me of melee, thats probably why I like it so much. ITS MAHHHHHHHHHVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom