• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
I get out of my class at 5 so like 5:30 so i can eat yummies? You live on campus right?

edit: just looked at the smash map yeah u do =p. And i have your phone #. Smash map ftw! Thanks Meno!

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
sweet, you got wii? i faintly remember you saying something about not having one. Also I seriously can't find summit hall...

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
I do, but i live off campus so i don't have to bother w/ the stupid halls. All I know is Braiden cause that is where I eat :). And after further searching I found it! The name is on the map but no picture of a building to go w/ it... Cmon google your better than that!

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I do, but i live off campus so i don't have to bother w/ the stupid halls. All I know is Braiden cause that is where I eat :). And after further searching I found it! The name is on the map but no picture of a building to go w/ it... Cmon google your better than that!

haha yeah. I could also just meet you for lunch sometime tomorrow if you'd like.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Yah totally eating alone is boring. does your hall having a dinning area? Also you still didn't answer me if you have a wii. Kinda hard to play brawl w/out one =p

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Yah totally eating alone is boring. does your hall having a dinning area? Also you still didn't answer me if you have a wii. Kinda hard to play brawl w/out one =p
No i don't have a wii haha.

Also no we don't have a dining area but Braiden is bomb so i'm okay with that if you are ^^

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
K then we both get out at 5. I'll meet you at Braiden then. I'll be wearing a giant red t-shirt. Hopefully you will be able to spot me in that.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
K then we both get out at 5. I'll meet you at Braiden then. I'll be wearing a giant red t-shirt. Hopefully you will be able to spot me in that.
alrighty haha. Sounds like a plan.

EDIT:

And jamaal, you'll have to excuse me about earlier. Like I said, when I play people from DL it's fairly common for us to just talk about how bad we/other players are in a joking manner. Sorry if it didn't seem that way but it's just commonplace for me to do that now. Didn't mean to offend you <3.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I actually might be able to make it to Dylan's smashfest thing. Provided I am given an address so I know which place it may be at.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I actually might be able to make it to Dylan's smashfest thing. Provided I am given an address so I know which place it may be at.
I may be interested in coming as well! If I can, could I possibly catch a ride with you?

Steam

Smash Hero
so today i discovered Lucario has a wierd grab release glitch that only works on D3 when he dash grabs at the ledge and pummels right away. but it gurantees ****. situational **** is situational.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
ironically i just read about that today steam. It happens for every character when they grab D3 near the edge and buffer pummel. Here is a quote from mikeHaze (keep in mind he is talking about marth).

Actually, this isn't only true to marth.

You're correct in the immediate pummel, only i should tell you it's only if you BUFFER pummel they auto break. I'm not sure if grabbing the edge is DI dependant or not, but it is a very good option. The autobreak is actually really good for opponents trying to mash out really quickly, as they will occasionally buffer an aerial and die. the up b grab is an infinite if you walk backwards after every release. if you're at the edge d3 can di away and out of your grab range.

If they still have jumps after you grab them from up b, you can always just grab the edge with invincibility. you have enough time from when they can jump, to fast grab the ledge. if you want to be risky/tricky, you can dolphin slash regrab to refresh your invinicibilty, thus making them waste their jumps and you getting a free follow up.

edit: if he is able to DI in to grab the edge after the pummel break, you can always forward throw and he wont regain jumps. He'll be sent out far enough to where you can follow him up with any aerial and possibly a smash if you react fast enough or get a read.

just fthrow to grab edge

Steam

Smash Hero
ehhh not every character... but anyone who has a fast enough pummel and isn't yoshi

and lucario has really good options on D3 out of it. Basically a free fair> fair> dair or a potential Dair stage spike depending on how D3 DIs it.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Great to see a few new faces who want to play melee :)
Fishbait...not sure if I have ever met you. What is your location?
I live off of Mississippi and Sable, in Aurora.
I'm about 5 minutes away from the actual town/city of Morrison. Check the smash map (thans Meno, again) if you want to see my actual location.

Also, if DTL hosts something this Saturday, I'll try and make it.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Okay, now I'm definitely going to hold it.

Also, if a few people could answer to this I would really appreciate it.
So it just took me an hour to read a 22 page packet. It's mildly difficult material to take in and each page is larger than your average page of a book. Is this really slow?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Great, doing so would waive your venue fee. And everybody else's.

If you could bring the bigger of the two and brawl that would be perfect. Plus a wii?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My Wii hates everyone and won't play any games.

Seriously, not even Wario Ware Smooth Moves. I had girls over and everything.

Steam

Smash Hero
aww yeaaaaa

also dillon if/when I'm there I want to try my luc at the MK matchup some more. also falco at stages like FD/Japes/Smashville. I might consider going falco vs. MK on my CP.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Dylan, if I ever get to play you again, (I can't believe I'm saying this...) I'll use MK if you request it. I will never give up Lucas though, he's too much fun. :3

Why do people want to see the worst MK alive in action? Why?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Well, the reason Falco wins on FD is because it's so flat and large. Falco kills of the top or side alright here. There's no terrain for MK to manuever around lasers, so he flat out just has to work around them, making him open for ****.

On Japes, MK gets his gay platform stuff and Falco can be in bad spots. MK doesn't have to deal with lasers nearly as much. Also, Falco can't really kills off the top here. Phantasm is super gay though, which might even it out. Also if Falco is camping the sides there's always the thread of shuttle loop.

Although this is just in theory...when I comes down to it, it's MK trying to catch a pew pewing falco for eight minutes and neither of them having the chance to kill the other, but Falco probably having the percent lead. I dunno, probably slightly Falco's favor here, but I doubt much more than FD. Both are probably 55-45 Falco.

edit: Chunky ninja'd me. Nah, I would rather just play your Lucas, but when I saw your MK vs Fino, I was shocked how decent it was for someone who doesn't play him...

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Thanks though, but I really suck with him. Well.... I kinda learned from wathing others and tried to apply it to my playstyle. As you saw, most of it failed. Fino said his MK is already bad and mine loses to his so what does that make me?

Edit: What does it mean when I ninja'd someone and how does it happen?

Top Bottom