• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Message to all from Steam. He says he won't be able to be on for awhile due to his computer having a virus D: so he won't be able to get a hold of anyone until he gets back, or if you have his cell. That's all and have a nice night :D

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
well as long as we're posting stuff, anybody who likes bb should probably look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebAoUSu9A8g&feature=sub
AKA Here's a pain in the *** way to play BlazBlue. Unlock all the stuff you had on Xbox/PS3 again, but now with points! Use the easy special mode to make the game seem playable on a PSP!

Play online with PSP's annoying and hard to use system that doesn't even work for other games very well. Also, hope you find opponents cause this game is gonna sell like poisonous hotcakes.

Don't wanna spend money on downloadable content like costumes and Unlimited Characters? Buy this whole new game instead for twice the cost, assuming you have a PSP!

Enjoy new lower-res and less flashy backgrounds, pushing the PSP to the limit making it barely comparable and not-at-all fun to look at.

We also have a new and original mode mode called "Not Stolen From Soul Caliber 2!" Wade through random survival battles which seems to have little purpose unlike other, possibly quite similar, counterparts and conquer the.... diamonds and lines? Also, we have next to no information to share with you about this only new point of the game!

Coming soon around the same time Super Street Fighter 4 comes out for perfect marketing!

(In real talk: They're doing what they can, but I still am not on that wagon.)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
jamaal, that was the longest sarcastic post I've probably ever seen.

but meh, I don't have a psp anyways...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I was playing Mario Party 7 with my brother last night. We played a game on the first map with the longest amount of turns possible because we're cool like that. I was Luigi, he was Mario, then we had a computer Yoshi and Peach.

This Peach lost everything. She got last place in every free for all mini-game. She made whoever teamed with her lose in 2 vs 2. She even managed to screw over her teammates in 3 vs 1 games.

Practically every turn, she landed on a bad space. A trap we set, a spot that took her coins, something that threw her back to the start of the map, anything. Hell, every time she got one of those orbs, it was either completely useless or a "Koopa Kid" orb, which is hurtful.

The only thing this idiot ever won were some of the Bowser mini-games, and she only beat like half of the Bowser spaces she landed on. She landed on A LOT too.

End results:
Luigi - 7 stars, 78 coins
Mario - 5 stars, 12 coins
Yoshi - 3 stars, 50 coins
Peach - 0 stars, 3 coins

So yeah. We came to the conclusion that Peach sucks. She's a terrible character and can't do **** right.

Pick a better character Meno. Unless you're fighting Bowser apparently.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Japan's top fighter list from Arcadia rankings

from the most recent arcadia rankings for this month
1. Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam VS Gundam NEXT
3. Blazblue: Continuum Shift
4. Melty Blood: Actress Again (+1)
5. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (-1)
6. Virtua Fighter 5R (+1)
7. Street Fighter IV (+2)
8. King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (-2)
9. Senko no Ronde DUO
10. Daemon Bride (NEW)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Too busy with "real" fighters. Like Street Fighter II, Street Fighter IV, Marvel VS Capcom...

**** America. :( Needs more Blaz and Guilty.
Jumping twice is a gosh durned sin against god, and america won't stand fer it!

Unless it involves the X-men. I love those guys!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
street fighter and MvC aren't real fighters
If they were they would have a super duper green shield to protect you from *******s that are too good D:

Also anyone want to play?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, I need to get good at Soul Caliber 4 in like a week.

Who's the best character and how do I **** with them?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Beause I wanna own a certain friend of mine's face at it because it's the only game I've played him in where he can beat me because I've never played Soul Caliber 4 before.

Because because because.

Gotta keep up my reputation of beating him in every game he throws at me.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That Ganon video was terrible. The guy evens admits to making some of those MUs up. He also used the
100-0 MU thing, which is just know to not be possible...

Bad vid overall though. I've seen much better.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just look up Hilde's loop and you'll really piss him off.

And moblin, that vid was ok, but in all but 2 clips he was already winning when the combo started, so I'm not sure he picked impressive foes...

Edit: bees beat me to it. Hilde will be the easiest to make him rage with, because her super long combo ends with a ringout 90% of the time. Amy and Kilik are good, but require knowledge of the game to use properly. Hilde you really just need that combo.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
A lot of talk has recently come up in relation to Hilde's validity during tournaments. Hilde has had a polarizing effect on the community much worse than that of glitches in previous Soulcalibur games. Some groups of players claim that she is simply too "broken" in contrast with the rest of the cast; even Algol. There are even some players who admit that she isn't "broken", but she still has an adverse affect on tournament attendance and the community as a whole. Those who argue in Hilde's favor suggest that any character can be dealt with if a player is simply willing to invest the time to train and learn; which has been proven in tournaments.

Recently, several tournament organizers on the east coast (which has the largest concentration of tournament Soulcalibur players in the country) have decided to ban Hilde in an attempt to salvage the community. The idea behind the ban is to prevent more people from leaving the game in favor of other fare, such as Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV. While these tournament organizers admit they may not be able to get former players (who quit because of Hilde) to return, they are trying to prevent more players from quitting as Hilde begins to dominate. Most tournament organizers have decided to wait and see how this decision plays out for the east coast scene before they make any decisions.
Ooooooooooooo, a Meta Knight? I know who I maaaiiin~

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and if he tries to pick a stage with walls so you can't ring him out, feel free to point out that in tourney, all you can call for is a re-random of the stage if you lose. You can't pick your stage.

Top Bottom