• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
That Ganon video was terrible. The guy evens admits to making some of those MUs up. He also used the
100-0 MU thing, which is just know to not be possible...

Bad vid overall though. I've seen much better.
I kind of agree. I mean it was well done, good music, and cool combos. But One-sided combo videos. Especially from a bottom tier character make it look as though his opponents were very bad. If only there was more of him barely winning or along the lines of that. I wouldn't say it was bad. It just could have been better. Sorry Moblin :(

Bees!

Smash Ace

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
don't apologize to me, it's not my combo video lol. I liked the idea more than the combos though.

Also zajice, I have a copy of SC4 laying around that I got bored of, so I could bring that over sometime mebbe.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also zajice, I have a copy of SC4 laying around that I got bored of, so I could bring that over sometime mebbe.
Actually, he let me borrow it so I have time to figure out what I'm doing. I should be getting my xbox fixed sometime this week, so I can practice some of these Hilde combos. There's this guy at a (I think) Buyback Games who can fix xboxes and stuff in one visit instead of waiting 4 weeks for Microsoft. He fixed my xbox when the laser broke. Now hopefully he can fix my red ring.

redringredringredringgrrrrrrrrrrr

/oldpicture

Bees!

Smash Ace
I got this xbox when I turned 13. I played it for 2 years and the laser broke. I didn't get it fixed for a year. Then I got it fixed and played it for another year and it red rings. 4 years to red ring. I thought I was in the clear. :<

Adumb.

/oooooooold picture

Try the Penny Trick maybe?

lol That Dylan is a Spy!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I don't think I'll mess with any of those tricks. There's no guarantee it'll work, it's a lot of effort, and if they do work, it's usually only a temporary fix anyway.

I'd rather get somebody who knows what they're doing and already has the tools readily available. It's a pain to get a 360 open without the right tool for it... I've tried. x_x

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, just want to make sure if everyone is fine with adding a $5 pot fee to the hardcore tournament for Wasabi. Since this is a normal ranbat it only makes since. All money will be collected by Colorado Cutthroat in the game room that night. Sorry for not putting that up. I have a death in the family so my mind has been elsewhere. No excuses but just letting everyone know. Again, let me know you want a pot associated with this hardcore tournament or not. I'm assuming the answer will be yes but just making sure.

Also, if you could let me know either here or on the wasabi board that would be great!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That sounds horrible. Those achievements are the worst ideas I've heard of regarding Brawl ever.

Sounds like fun though :p

I doubt CO would go as we barely travel, even for regular major tournaments.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, just want to make sure if everyone is fine with adding a $5 pot fee to the hardcore tournament for Wasabi. Since this is a normal ranbat it only makes since. All money will be collected by Colorado Cutthroat in the game room that night. Sorry for not putting that up. I have a death in the family so my mind has been elsewhere. No excuses but just letting everyone know. Again, let me know you want a pot associated with this hardcore tournament or not. I'm assuming the answer will be yes but just making sure.

Also, if you could let me know either here or on the wasabi board that would be great!!
The pot might not be a good idea. The most of people coming are paying already to get into the convention (35+dollars) I doubt they will want to spend money for pot as well. Also the only people who have showed interest so far in a serious tourney or even going for that matter is myself, Zaj and Dylan(I think) I just want to enjoy 1v1s for fun(tourneys of singles if well.) i guess it depends on what others are thinking as well. Just to me free-for-alls are kind of meh.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Animeland Wasabi.. I'm guessing we should all go neko and wear cat ears and tails to fit the theme.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd wear my Peach crown. :D

...if I went. Which I won't.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Greg make a free and a 5 dollar one
It's perfect for attracting new people >.> think about it!
It's a dynamite idea =D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
NOOO!!

Every Peach at Genesis wore that crown. It's magic!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Come on!
Magic isn't priceless D:

*Edit* since when does anyone care what happens here?

Dear Brown NITE,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9506498

Quote:
Have to double post
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

Steam

Smash Hero
If I went I'd have to buy a lucario hat and wear it.

also the lucario in the ganon combo vid was terrible, even worse than me. ganon's upB should not be hitting lucario in that position when he has a dair that easily beats it.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Buahahahaha, get owned Nite.

I demo'd Dante's Inferno and Sega All-Star Racing.

Sega All Star over Dante's Inferno any day. Sega All-Star Racing is really fun. Dante's is not fun at all.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
omfg just read the new dacus thread. beware colorado, being a dacus enthusiast i have to practice this for the next 20 hours, thx to dylan for the wii... but my theory is with falco, ground laser to new dacus, bair to new dacus, holy crap phantasm cancel to new dacus, everyone should be having nightmares of falco's foot the next time we play!
especially dave! cause im gonna strictly practice on GW

Top Bottom