• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
K so i'm back up in NoCo.

Sorry again about last night UL. Be glad you weren't there, my marth went beastmode (4 stocked Brent of all people...it was sad).

I still suck though :p.

I'm off until tuesday. Someone in NorCo wanna smash monday?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not talking about this thread. Of course we're active here. Nobody went to P4.

I'm talking about the rest of the boards.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Yeah, we'll figure somethin' outs Lawkk.

Hmmm...Tuesday night...I might be able to host something, but I'm not sure about you crashing here. Anyone able to give Ama a place to crash if we smash?

And Tony is still lame.
Ok cool, I'll wait and see if anyone has space available for a night before I confirm anything with the Colorado Mountain Express ppl

And ****, pound 4 - can't wait for decent internet so I can watch all the matches, should have gone there instead of skiing >.<

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Should hold a mountain tourney, 12,000 feet high, not to mention that the tvs would be easy to transport up via the ski lift and down while skiing.

Oh well, one day I'll meet all those guys that everyone watches countless vids of in Aus =)

Underload

Lazy
Smashfest? More like tight-fest.

Yeah, for whatever reason, I was bubbly, flamboyant, and a bit antsy with the random one liners and stuff throughout the day. But now, the SECOND I get back home, I'm all quiet and analytical. Thanks, I could've used that 6 hours ago. Iunno, maybe minimal sleep the night before does that to you. But hey, all the talk (especially of the **** variety) was in good taste, sort of. Nothing meant by it except the chuckles. Shoutouts!

Demetri: First time meeting you, sincere and nice guy. Didn't get to play, but I could make some (very positive) assumptions after our little talks at Tim's and McDonalds. I wanna see more of you around these parts.
tsizzinc: Falco, in my Colorado? But seriously, I completely underestimated you. Looks like I should start caring again :p, seriously good **** with the Falco, you definitely scared me and knew what you were doing. 1 match isn't a good judge, but I'll make whatever assumptions I can from what I have :/
Tim: Hilariously sarcastic per usual, sir. Thanks for hosting again.
Tony: What the ****, there's NO way I can team with you if you make me cry of laughter like that again. I just couldn't take half of those matches seriously because of your random one-liners. Early leave kinda sucks, but eh, I got some Melee in with you.
DTL: Hilariously cute. If I just spend all my time with you offline, we'll be gay lovers n' vegetarians (or not, wink wink) n' **** in no time.
Meno: Didn't play you either, except in teams. You know more and more about matchups every day, it's scary. Just drop Peach and save all of us the trouble of having to lose to a Peach player on the weekly.
Jo-Bees: He gives rides, he plays ROB, he tells stories, and has delicious tastes in McDonalds foodstuffs. Is there anything he CAN'T do? If there's anything you taught me it's to A. powershield EVERYTHINGGGGGG and B. never to pick Norfair ever again for any reason.
Ferdi: Unlike Tony, who would just constantly 3 stock me for his own pleasure (I'm probably the only person he can actually 3 stock, OH MANNNNN) you taught me some important things, probably without you even knowing. First off, with your little remarks about just uthrow -> uair / usmashing everything, I learned that I thought Fox was WAY more complicated than he actually is. So now I'll probably take things slower and with less of a "whoa holy **** this is impossible" mentality.
Yang: Spent his time getting on Marvel online and making people get angry. Ey, some peoples be *****es, they just mad cuz youse stylin' on them.
Bum at McDonalds who just kept his head slumped the whole time: I saw that knife. Tim was ready to overwhelm you with his Shaq Fu. Smart choice.

And I'm pretty sure that's everybody. Screw everyone who didn't show up.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suck. I've been getting jipped out of the past 3456345 fests. Host another one tomorrow. I can do that one.

At least pound kept me entertained.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
<3 IRL UnderLoad

Also, illegally driving 2 people against parents will on unfamiliar roads and driving back getting home at 2:30 true combo?

Good **** eveyone. CO is seriously quite legit. Even if I can't get Tim to not sandbag vs me...

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah ferdi i forgot to mention, just play as if though whenever u use psylocke its gonna hit because i noticed you jumped alot when psylock actually hit. Just keep practicing and play the hell out of the game whenver u can so u can get better. Heres a site with a **** ton of videos.

http://zachd.com/mvc2/

i would recommend watching this long mm on youtube. theres a ton of **** u can learn from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6RJ5TuxckI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK5LNgosth4

also great smashfest....eventhough 90% of the time i was playing marvel.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Tony: What the ****, there's NO way I can team with you if you make me cry of laughter like that again. I just couldn't take half of those matches seriously because of your random one-liners. Early leave kinda sucks, but eh, I got some Melee in with you.
Ferdi: Unlike Tony, who would just constantly 3 stock me for his own pleasure (I'm probably the only person he can actually 3 stock, OH MANNNNN) you taught me some important things, probably without you even knowing. First off, with your little remarks about just uthrow -> uair / usmashing everything, I learned that I thought Fox was WAY more complicated than he actually is. So now I'll probably take things slower and with less of a "whoa holy **** this is impossible" mentality.
Yeaaaaah, I dunno about teaming with you for FF. We'll hafta get in some friendlies before the tournament, but you kinda just run off and do your own thing, and incidentally end up smacking me with utilts/bairs/footstooling me (poor Sonic, didn't even get a chance...). It wouldn't suck as hard if I didn't have to constantly worry about Dylan rapegimping you. Srsly, you're Snake. How the hell is Marth being the stock tank?

Next time we team, play as madgay as possible. I'm srsly.

As for learning stuff in Melee, you might have learned something if you actually stayed to watch and see what I was trying to show you, instead of watching brawl/going to the computer. =/

&lol

Everyone 3 stocks everyone in CO. Tim and I try tellin' you stuff, but you just won't listen. =(

EDIT: Though I AM sorry to have 3 stocked you. It's cuz I was still playing like I was fighting Super Henry, so I was really really careful with my spacing.

Underload

Lazy
...Nice job veering away from the meaning of everything I said >.>

The footstool was my bad, I admitted that. But you can't seem to understand that I wasn't taking those matches seriously. Why? Because they were friendlies, they were all for fun anyway, and I was sure as hell having some fun.

I watch more noteworthy matches in my spare time, I came to learn from playing, since I rarely get the opportunity. If you're going to kick me off to play against Tim, I'll go enjoy myself doing something else.

I remember everything you and Tim told me about grab priority and simple things to do with Fox. Guess why I'm starting to counter approaches with grabs more? I forgot to mention what you said, so then it didn't ever happen and I'm a bad learner? Oookay.

And I'm guessing Super Henry is the hyperbolic time thingy the other Melee guys told you about?

But seriously, if you can't grasp that I'm not going to take Smashfest friendlies seriously half the time (especially because I was playing Melee the other half of the day), then you don't have to team with me. See how much farther you get with someone else. I'm totally fine teaming with you, but you're just going to screw yourself out of a decent placing with that mindset that you're the only one that knows what they're doing.

Wow, I JUST woke up. 10 1/2 hours of sleep feels so good.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I also heard that Mango and Lucky just beat Vidjo and Chu.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I think I should be able to house you for a night Ammy, if you still wanna smarsh with us. I could use mk experience since Dylan won't play him against me...(hoo hoo hoo, see how I turned that around?)

Also, my dog woke me up at 6am =(

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everybody and their grandma knows about the hyperbolic time chamber.

I went to bed a t 6 am and just got up. Best sleep schedule ever I must say.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Mango and Lucky ***** DR+SS

Nah, it was fun and all, but I need to know HOW you play teams, and need you to take our very few friendlies vs other people (esp teams we'll actually be competing against) seriously. How can I get used to your teaming style if you're just screwing around? If we've been playing for like... 4 hours, I can completely understand ******* around (hell, 2 is a stretch for most of our players, esp for Barwl), but our first matches and you're ******* around?

The worst part is that I haven't played you in months (I think), so I dunno if you really are just screwing around, or if you're just bad. I've teamed w/ people before that claimed they were just "screwing around" during friendlies, only to have them sorely disappoint me in tournament.

The worst part is how you tell me "don't use X character" right after I'm the one that stocktanked/killed/saved the most in a round, like it's my fault that you can't handle Dylan's MK for 3 seconds without me rushing in to prevent the gimp.

I didn't "kick you off" to play Tim. I said, "here, I'll play Fox vs Tim for a round, to give you some ideas on what you could be doing". It was one round, after we let you play like... 8 consecutive matches. I hopped in for one round every like... 4 matches, and gave the controller back to whoever, regardless of if I won or not.

Grabs are rarely a counter to approaches, esp vs FFers/ Ganon. All they have to do to beat that is jump at you, FF, dj, and FF again with a strong aerial while you whiff your grab. Or just space.

I never called you a bad learner, either, calm down, mangz.

But yeah, you probably shouldn't play me if you come to smashfests only to **** around. I come to improve/teach/learn. Having a good time is one thing, wasting the time I get to work with other people (esp when I'm tryin' to learn Marf in Brawl/how to team with you) is no good.

Super Henry is yea, what you said. Handicap on, one player @ 5, the other @ 9. Doesn't help much for combos, but it makes you play a lot lot lot safer.

I'll team with you, but I'm aiming to win this thing if I team with an actual Brawler. Getting 3-4 stocked by Dylan & Meno doesn't bode well for winning. If we're gonna team, I need to know I can count on you, cuz I dun wanna be the one tryin' to keep our team afloat, giving you pep talks, and trying to keep both our nerves in check. No good, mangz.

Wtf I name searched and I get this DBZ crap :/
Maybe you should have something better than just one letter for a name.

Underload

Lazy
hyperbolic time chamber is a Dragonball Z thing

how do you not know of this lol
Read Tony's previous posts. I think it was the Mexicans who showed him some sort of training technique, which he calls the hyperbolic time chamber. Iunno if that was Super Henry or what.

And oh my God, Pound 4 stream is amazing. And this is only doubles. Why aren't all of you watching?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
No Brawl yet, it keeps freezing, and they keep telling us to thank VG Bootcamp for how great the stream is.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
i found the fix to the frozen stream thing, just hit the pause button then wait like 15-30 seconds and then click play and it'll lag a little then it'll work

Top Bottom