• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong. I'm going to ditch for this. I'm just giving heads up. BTW I get off of school on day 2s at 10:30. If this is a day two I win life.
:p

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
PS1 has easy wall infinites. Not even worthy of a normal ban.

We just erase it's existence from history.

PS1? What PS1? I've never heard of PS1.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Talk to Nite and the following have been changed:

PS1 - counterpick
Corneria, Greens Greens - Banned

Rules have been updated now!!

Underload

Lazy
Haha, wow, they used some of my ruleset, I can tell my the wording. Pretty cool. I like the 7 minute timer, 50 ledgegrab limit, and 150% rule. I think the reason Heibrahi kept those is because he's a Melee guy by nature, and he hates the infinites and stalling that sometimes happen. Just my idea.

And there's a contradiction in the ruleset. "Any infinite chain grabs must end after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling." as compared to "Banned Techniques: Standing chaingrabs / grab release infinites" and "All wall infinites are legal until 150%".

Just as a final note, a lot of people are overstating the wall rule. There are 5 stages where you can feasibly wall chaingrab on this stage list. PS1, Delfino, Frigate, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise. None are permanent, and only two last for a span of more than 15 or so seconds. Hey, if you get caught in it, it's still your fault. But at least your opponent can't take the opportunity to milk an extra 30 seconds off of an already minute shorter clock. Dedede can stall like a ***** with his infinites (with and without a wall), and it's clear that it's the intent of the Colorado scene to eliminate as many forms of unnecessary stalling as possible.

Now that Heibrahi / Greg made the changes to the CP list, I'm happy with:

Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

I don't know about you all, though. I only counterpick 3 stages at the most, and they're all legal.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It should at least be high enough to not interfere with fair kills.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
^
that

Stalling with that should be banned but at 150 you don't have a guaranteed kill.
You got them there, you deserve the kill. That's how it always is.

Fino

Smash Master
On behalf of NM, I'm saying WTF to corneria, and PS1 is a god**** neutral, not banned outright.

EDIT:I don't even see either PS on the banned list. Where are they?
No johns, I support Corneria being a starter.. and PS1 being banned.
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Talk to Nite and the following have been changed:

PS1 - counterpick
Corneria, Greens Greens - Banned

Rules have been updated now!!
Ghey, unban those stages... PS1 is garb

~Fino

Underload

Lazy
but at 150 you don't have a guaranteed kill.
Well, good. That's all I can say.

Infinites do make games much more boring to play, and to watch. No limit will only accomplish to burn out the clock, but the player's reason every time is going to be "I wanted to be sure I could kill".
Infinites are a huge turnoff to outsiders looking into the game. It happened to me, almost.
Dedede can and will kill with an utilt at 150%, please prove to me otherwise.

I'm sure most of you haven't gotten infinited (wall or free) when it mattered. Experience that first, maybe you'll look at things differently then.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
No, that defeats every purpose put in by the rule. The chaingrab ends at around 350%, anyway.
^
that

Stalling with that should be banned but at 150 you don't have a guaranteed kill.
You got them there, you deserve the kill. That's how it always is.
I'm still sad :( Even though I'm not that good with Ike (let alone get someone in a grab lock against a wall), it still saddens me because someone can survive my utilt at 150% with basic/lame DI.

I'm sure most of you haven't gotten infinited (wall or free) when it mattered. Experience that first, maybe you'll look at things differently then.
mmm I have, and I've done it countless times to others as well, and to be honest, if we get ourselves in those situations, it's pretty much you made a bad choice, time to take the consequences.

I just thought of something now... Jo and I used to play a whole lot, and it would trade off between me grabbing him against a wall while he was ROB, or him dtilting me against a wall. I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at now...

Thoughts? Ideas?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've been 0-deathed by ICs in tourney. I see no difference.

Why are we only measuring from DDD? DDD gets to go to 150, giving him the gauranteed kill. Tink gets to go to 150 (which can be done with Dtilt+wall) and he may or may not get a kill. Why does DDD deserve it when tink doesn't?

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Wall infinites have never been limited as much as you are proposing and I see no reason they should be now.

Underload

Lazy
Nice accusation, except I'm happy with my ruleset, you're the one with the problems. Try it first.

Please, **** off with the constant arguments, Colorado. Especially when you have your head behind a view, but not experience.

It seems no one has a problem with the standing infinite ban, though. A little odd.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Wow, u mad Peter :p

And standing infinites are completely different. Why make a character completely unviable when removing that one thing doesn't hurt anyone much. Marth vs. Ness: Still really bad with the infinite gone. It's just not AS bad.

Of course you're happy with your ruleset. You made it. And constants arguments? You do realize these constant arguments always involve you, correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying regarding wall locks is that it's happened to you so it should be banned.

Underload

Lazy
Lol, dude, whatever, I'm done. Gripe about it to Heibrahi if you want. I'll say one thing, and that would be: It takes two to argue, looks like you forgot that. :colorful:

Oh, and I don't think I posted this here yet. Since Tim's such a nice (but especially funny) guy on AIM, I'm off to do some research on FD vs. YI as a starter stage.

___X___

Smash Lord
X. Let me just say this.

I saw you play at Ministry of Smash. ****. :colorful:
:D!!!!!! it was pretty awesome huh!! Get this, i totally 2-0ed tyrant in friendlies then beat DSF in a money match, i rappeeeeed so many good players!!! :D I also beat NORcals best player! his name was like SEAN? I knocked him out of tourny, he was SOOOO Pissed he lost to a sonic! bwahahahah i plan on coming to CO soon, so get ready guys! :D

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
:D!!!!!! it was pretty awesome huh!! Get this, i totally 2-0ed tyrant in friendlies then beat DSF in a money match, i rappeeeeed so many good players!!! :D I also beat NORcals best player! his name was like SEAN? I knocked him out of tourny, he was SOOOO Pissed he lost to a sonic! bwahahahah i plan on coming to CO soon, so get ready guys! :D
I heard about that, and was like "very nice"

I miss my sig buddy =(

Underload

Lazy
I was rooting for you so hard when you played Havok. Everyone was on your side in the livestream chat, that **** was INTENSE. I had chills running down my spine and everything.

You beat arguably 3 of the top 5 Metaknights in all of California that tourney, and literally came inches to beating the #4 (?) in SoCal.

My favorite part was you embarassing Bigfoot, though.

*rides harder*

edit1: Ike's chaingrab ends before 150, at least against Snake. Or maybe I tested it wrong.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Maybe your Sonic will actually be good this time.

:D

NOBUTSRSLY

X, your Falcon better be in good shape when I play you next.

Also, I'll talk with Nite about the rules and all that, just to confirm. People be forgettin' who I am.

EDIT:

ALso

That stage list for the tourney this week (for melee) sucks. Just use the old SBR set.

___X___

Smash Lord
OH also, i fought Silent spectre, HE ***** MY FALCON, but at least i got 2 stocks off of him :)
yeah so im playing a lot of melee now I LOVE THE GAME!!!

and yeah, you guys should have seen my sonic!! man people were cheering me on and everything! and now everyone is saying im the BEST sonic in the WORLD! i hope thats true :))))

and yeah, fighter frenzy. when is that again???? Ily CO <3

Top Bottom