• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Hey if I tech chase fox/falco with marth and they roll away is it safe to go for regrabs or should i just fsmash/fair? Feels like I rarely can get the regrab =/
call them bad.

then john about how you're hungover.

Then tell them you play the game because you only want to make money and hate it anyways.

Yep.

Also, sorry about the tranzfest being so sketchy guys, pretty much at any given moment I could be leaving to go to my grandmothers funeral with how bad she is :/. I'm hoping to have one like the weekend of the 17th tentatively....but we'll see.

Oh and now i'm f**king addicted to Rachel >.> I'm so indecisive with who i like :x

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Hey if I tech chase fox/falco with marth and they roll away is it safe to go for regrabs or should i just fsmash/fair? Feels like I rarely can get the regrab =/
basically, unless you get a jab reset its probably better to just fsmash/fair and try to get another grab. or you can do what i do which is techchaseright hopefully, then wait for their sidestep cause they're scared and grab them again. just wait for that sidestep

Also, sorry about the tranzfest being so sketchy guys, pretty much at any given moment I could be leaving to go to my grandmothers funeral with how bad she is :/. I'm hoping to have one like the weekend of the 17th tentatively....but we'll see.
o sorry about that man didnt know thats what was keeping tranzfest from happening.

also, i have classes wednesdays and thursdays 6-10pm which is when we usually play so i pretty much cant do anything those days

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Sucks, for lack of a better word, mate :( Can't really say much, except hope that everything goes well.

Oh and now i'm f**king addicted to Rachel >.> I'm so indecisive with who i like :x
Tager loves punching Rachel...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yo UL melee barely has infinites and stalling

tim. i dont know what happened to tranzfest. and i think theres like a tourney soon? idk
Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Stalling is banned in Melee, it just hasn't been banned in Brawl because people are morons and think that planking isn't a problem until it happens to them.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, Imma go donate. People should hit me up around 4ish via texts for Melee today. I really wanna play.

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Stalling is banned in Melee, it just hasn't been banned in Brawl because people are morons and think that planking isn't a problem until it happens to them.
Infinite stalling is banned. On PS1, Peach can go down to an area where no one except for like... her, Jiggz, and maaaaaybe Fox (doubt it) can reach, and wallbomb indefinitely.

Planking is stupid, but infinite wallbomb is broken.

Sorry bout your gma. =(

Don't get used to Rachel. She sucks in CS.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Tager loves punching watching Rachel fly away if he manages to get through her defenses...
Fixed that for you, Z.

Oh, and while Tony has a point about her sucking in CS, since you're new at 2d fighters you might as well go through the roster and learn about each of them. Plus we don't have CS yet, so you can **** with the girl of infinite pressure.

And then we'll teach you about GGXXAC, and you'll be like "oh. my. gawd."

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

with the modern stage lists it is actually really hard to stall by doing the things cited as stalling (peaches side b stall, jiggs side b stall, shino stall) only one thats truly banned is ic's freeze glitch imo

show me a video where someone can rising pound or wall bomb perfectly to successfully stall a match. despite melee having a few stalling tactics its just too hard to do thus making it pretty much non existent in tournament play, which is why i wrote melee barely has stalling. i didnt write melee didnt have stalling, or that stalling in melee isnt banned

ferdi edit: something should happen today cause i have classes tomorrow and the day after

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Okay, I won't be able to smash today, can't get the car. We'll have to play next week Kenny, before I go to pound. You need to teach me how to beat the fox.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! I will be hosting Happy 2010 tourney on Friday, Jan 8th before I go back to school. I hope every smasher can come. It will be great because there will be brawl and there will be melee tourneys. The rules will be the same rules that everyone is used to for Brawl. Melee rules will be posted soon. The location is the:
University Village Center 1600 W. Plum St. Building 34 Ft. Collins, Colorado.

Venue is 8$ at the door, 4$ if you let me know before Wednesday Jan 6th via phone call or text message: 970-310-0999. Treat it as a pre-registration I guess.
Pot is 10$ for Brawl single and teams.
Pot is 10$ for Melee single.
There will not be Melee teams. Maybe next time.
Depending on how many people show up, you could probably do both Brawl and Melee.

Also let me know if you can bring any equipment such as TV's, Wii's and Cubes. I will only need:
2 TV's
3 Wii's + Brawl
1 Cube
2 Melee games

Doors open at 11 am on Friday. Hope to see you there. Also for further information call or text: 970-310-0999
I hear Wyoming is interested.
BUMP!For all the smashers who didn't know!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hey Everyone! I wrote a new song that I might use for a R.O.B. highlight video! But I need opinions on if it works for the R.O.B. and video part. Thanks here is a link

http://www.facebook.com/video/video...saved#/video/video.php?v=1101393474243&ref=mf

Edit: I think you need a Facebook to view it.

Edit of Acquaintance: Also if I know you and you know me and you haven't added me as a friend on facebook feel free to do so.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
But then you guys would make me use it. :<

Also, my parents have Facebooks and they'll just spam "lol luv u" all over my page.

Bees!

Smash Ace
So I could show it to you(get your attention I suppose). I wasn't sure if you would have seen it if I didn't tag you. If its a problem I can remove you from the tag.

Top Bottom