• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
What? o.O ????
Exactly what I said. The tourney on the 30th is at the Starz center behind the Tivoli.

Did you know? When a blue whale defecates, the poop is twice the size of a hippopotamus and can stay intact for days while floating with the current. Because of the hard keratin shell of the krill that makes up the Blue Whale's diet, the poop can be nearly as firm as wood. During WWII the four person crew of a downed German bomber rode atop a Vegrandis Insula (the technical name for Blue Whale poop, from the Latin "small island") for three days before rescue. They were unaware they had been saved by whale feces as it does not have an odor and was so firm they thought it a giant piece of driftwood. They were sustained by eating partially digested krill and drinking small pockets of fresh water found in the poop by digging. These are formed during the Blue Whale's unique digestion process which causes the poop to become similar construction as giant piece of Swiss cheese; cavities form during intestinal compaction filled with fresh water and krill that could not be digested. In ancient times mariners stranded at sea viewed a Vegrandis Isula with reverence, as a life saving gift sent by Poseidon himself.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
exactly What I Said. The Tourney On The 30th Is At The Starz Center Behind The Tivoli.

Did You Know? When A Blue Whale Defecates, The Poop Is Twice The Size Of A Hippopotamus And Can Stay Intact For Days While Floating With The Current. Because Of The Hard Keratin Shell Of The Krill That Makes Up The Blue Whale's Diet, The Poop Can Be Nearly As Firm As Wood. During Wwii The Four Person Crew Of A Downed German Bomber Rode Atop A Vegrandis Insula (the Technical Name For Blue Whale Poop, From The Latin "small Island") For Three Days Before Rescue. They Were Unaware They Had Been Saved By Whale Feces As It Does Not Have An Odor And Was So Firm They Thought It A Giant Piece Of Driftwood. They Were Sustained By Eating Partially Digested Krill And Drinking Small Pockets Of Fresh Water Found In The Poop By Digging. These Are Formed During The Blue Whale's Unique Digestion Process Which Causes The Poop To Become Similar Construction As Giant Piece Of Swiss Cheese; Cavities Form During Intestinal Compaction Filled With Fresh Water And Krill That Could Not Be Digested. In Ancient Times Mariners Stranded At Sea Viewed A Vegrandis Isula With Reverence, As A Life Saving Gift Sent By Poseidon Himself.

Edit: Oh.............

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Did you know? When a blue whale defecates, the poop is twice the size of a hippopotamus and can stay intact for days while floating with the current. Because of the hard keratin shell of the krill that makes up the Blue Whale's diet, the poop can be nearly as firm as wood. During WWII the four person crew of a downed German bomber rode atop a Vegrandis Insula (the technical name for Blue Whale poop, from the Latin "small island") for three days before rescue. They were unaware they had been saved by whale feces as it does not have an odor and was so firm they thought it a giant piece of driftwood. They were sustained by eating partially digested krill and drinking small pockets of fresh water found in the poop by digging. These are formed during the Blue Whale's unique digestion process which causes the poop to become similar construction as giant piece of Swiss cheese; cavities form during intestinal compaction filled with fresh water and krill that could not be digested. In ancient times mariners stranded at sea viewed a Vegrandis Isula with reverence, as a life saving gift sent by Poseidon himself.
That's disgusting O.o

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! I will be hosting Happy 2010 tourney on Friday, Jan 8th before I go back to school. I hope every smasher can come. It will be great because there will be brawl and there will be melee tourneys. The rules will be the same rules that everyone is used to for Brawl. Melee rules will be posted soon. The location is the:
University Village Center 1600 W. Plum St. Building 34 Ft. Collins, Colorado.

Venue is 8$ at the door, 4$ if you let me know before Wednesday Jan 6th via phone call or text message: 970-310-0999. Treat it as a pre-registration I guess.
Pot is 10$ for Brawl single and teams.
Pot is 10$ for Melee single.
There will not be Melee teams. Maybe next time.
Depending on how many people show up, you could probably do both Brawl and Melee.

Also let me know if you can bring any equipment such as TV's, Wii's and Cubes. I will only need:
2 TV's
3 Wii's + Brawl
1 Cube
2 Melee games

Doors open at 11 am on Friday. Hope to see you there. Also for further information call or text: 970-310-0999
I hear Wyoming is interested.
hmm i will probably show if i can carpool.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Vegrandis Insula happens.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
david is that you at that piano?!?!

if so, that's awesome!

Dave, is that you getting hit by that football??!?!

if so, that's awesome!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Wow.

Hey guys, it seems like Darklink might be coming down for FF! I'll see what I can do, but is there anyone that could for sure provide three days of housing for him?

Also, he was wondering about seeding for brackets. So, yeah, there will be seeding, right?

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Guys, what's wrong with my xbox?

My Dragon age disk has absolutely no scratches or smudges on it. It's a completely clear disk, yet when I put it in to get it to read, it just goes back to the "open/close" tray option instead of plying the **** game

Ok nvm I restarted te xbox and it works now

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Happy late New Year's, guize! Just got back home. What'd I miss?

We're gonna talk to Greg about introducing the new TMNT game to the NVGA series. If people like it/it gets numbers, we'll keep it.

Also, people should lemme know if rides are happening for Friday.

Wow.

Hey guys, it seems like Darklink might be coming down for FF! I'll see what I can do, but is there anyone that could for sure provide three days of housing for him?

Also, he was wondering about seeding for brackets. So, yeah, there will be seeding, right?
FF will have seeding. I'm thinking we might do it the night before, based on pre-reg. If you don't pre-reg, no guarantees on being seeded, but it'll prolly still work out cuz I'm cool and stuff.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
...I've been having some nostalgic feelings over the past few days about my N64...

I want to play Quest 64 again.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
Just a reminder for Happy 2010 Tournament.
Also call or text me before Wednesday for discount also to let me know if you can bring stuff. I have no internet so I cant really keep up with the boards every day.
Let me know if you have school that day also so I don't start the actual tourney's before you could make it.
Also doors will now open at noon instead of 11.00 am.
Not having internet sucks a lot so my phone number is 970-310-0999.
P.S. this is the first time I'm organizing a tourney so let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Melee rules in following post.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
Melee Rules

Sets are best 2 out of 3 double elimination. All finals will be best 3 out of 5.
4 stock in 8 minutes. In the event of a timed out winner will be determined first by stock and then damage percent, if both are equal then the default sudden death will be in effect. The 300% one stock deal.
Stalling is banned.
Soul breaker and Freeze glitch is banned.
Legal stages are
* Yoshi's Story
* Fountain of Dreams
* Pokémon Stadium
* Battlefield
* Dream Land (N64)
* Final Destination
Stage striking will determine the first stage and loser will counter pick the next stage.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
You should define the sudden death ;)

Is the sudden death just going to be one stock, agreement on stage?

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Cornieria as a counter pick?

Yay Snake having two awesome counter pick stages!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I suppose Heibrahi is doing what he thinks is right.

Oh well. I'm gona rage hard if I wall grab someone to 150% and they still live due to some crappy DI.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
when is school over, friday is the only day i could do this because i have to return to boulder on saturday.

oh dylan are you not just doing review for testing now? ditch school like i always did :p lol i'm a bad influence.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, the rules there seem really off. Corneria, wall percent rule, the complete absence of either Pokemon Stadium. >__>

Top Bottom