• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ravin

Smash Lord
I am going by your original deal. $50 on my $50. Stop trying to change it. No capture card involved. I'm not claiming manliness...
Lol.

If you are willing to bet 50 bucks on beating him on terms, you don't want to record it? Seems like you have big balls but then everyone gets a look at your ***** and laughs.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
DTL- hellz yah man.

anyone remember these good old times?

i love how i look like a freakish brown haird weirdo.
rofl i love how the ******** kid looks in the red nintendo hoody hahaha! and anyone remember that one mexican kid that played with the controller upside down?
06 smash crew for life!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think I remember the majority of all of those smashers in there from the colorado tourney I attended(and failed).

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Argument between DTL, UL, and IoZ- Stfu you acronyms.

@DTL- being angry over being kicked off of a TV so others can friendly is understandable, but not very reasonable. You can learn a lot from just watching the flow of a match and watching momentum shift, and it can GREATLY help you to perform better in future tournaments when you can take advantage of your friends' weaknesses (sad but true) and play them to your advantage. Not to mention, people go to smashfests in order to play against not just one other person, but everyone ;) Another thing you need to realize is- sandbagging is stupid. If your opponent can take a loss without being devastated, make them lose. If you're trying to shark people, that's a whole other story, but people don't go out to play against you just to be ****** around with- turn on items if you want to play like that.

@UL- You have tiny hands. But seriously, MAYBE you should have TOLD DTL that you wanted to play against other people, and explained why, instead of letting a situation such as this escalate to what it has become. You'll come to learn that people are very understanding, and are more than willing to accomodate those who will allow them to do so, all you've gotta do is ask.

@Tony- Treating the newer members of your community like **** is the last thing you want to do. Putting people in their place is one thing, but attempting to openly ridicule them, and the game they love, while simultaneously placing others upon a pedestal is, to say the least, completely different. Being a more experienced member of the boards, you SHOULD understand that something such as this (though entertaining) should be taken to PMs, maybe it's due to other stuff going on, but honestly I see a lot of disrespect being thrown around like it's nobody's business, and that's really just not something that should be going on among a gaming community, ESPECIALLY a bunch of locals. $50 MMs with people from your own area, trying to take them for as much as possible? That's stupid. Your winning would prove nothing, and likely shatter any chances at attaining a new friendship with someone who, though you won't allow yourself to see this, is a cool person.

As for Brawl lacking skill, I'd be more than willing to wager plenty of money that I could 3-stock anyone willing to take up the challenge. I'd even be willing to throw in extra money for if I just so happen to NOT 0-death you in our set, but for every time I DO, you owe me money. This is mainly directed at meleemarth and Tony, who seem to believe saying "Brawl sucks you should play Melee!!!" is going to get people to convert to their game. It won't, and as could be told to you by any half-way intelligent individual, it'll only create drama, so quit with the bull**** and just do as Sakurai intended- and have fun with the games you play.

/twocents

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well said, Dekar173. This was entertaining but Brawl vs Melee, come on- no one's going to change their mind. 'Sounds like I missed out on some smash fun by taking a break the last few years.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
People do change their minds, but that's mostly only because they were the ones that were playing melee before Brawl came out. People who joined the smash scene just recently and never played melee on a competitive level just won't drop Brawl, and that's a fact, disregarding a few outliers.

I'm trying to order a stick off Ebay, but my dad won't give me his account information. Guess I'll keep trying....

Underload

Lazy
@UL- You have tiny hands. But seriously, MAYBE you should have TOLD DTL that you wanted to play against other people, and explained why, instead of letting a situation such as this escalate to what it has become. You'll come to learn that people are very understanding, and are more than willing to accomodate those who will allow them to do so, all you've gotta do is ask.
ididlol

And @Dave, 99% chance that the tourney starts at the same time as any other Cutthroat tourney, ~12:30. Just come with like 40 dollars and you should be covered for everything.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
I think anyone who plays brawl needs to come to my smashfest. It doesnt matter if you suck. No offense, but its like this in every game. If you are not able to actually play the game, you arent able to appreciate it. So what im saying is, all you brawl players, come to my smashfest and mabe you'll see what melee has to offer. Like i said, im personally up to the challenge of training anyone. So let me know.

And yes ferdi, 06 was bamf. I remember eatin chipotle ha. Im sure if we all tried, we could get melee back into the swing of things. just takes a lil effort.

OH AND FOR ALL THOSE PPL WHO WANNA COME BUT DONT HAVE A RIDE. PM ME if you live near me. OR pm someone thats near you. I am sure we can hook u up with a ride.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
When I said no capture card involved, I was saying I wouldn't wager it....Honestly, did you even read the posts.

Dekar: OMG people need to stop it with this whole getting kicked off my wii thing. I never said it was that big of a deal. Besides, I bring my wii, I set it up, I get first game on it. End of story and no johns. People can play as much as they want on it, but see above.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
DTL not to be mean but i think you played everygame that day except for 3, and thats when me and UL were playing. Everytime we tried to do doubles you like flipped, and sometimes Tim showed signs of wanted to join in but he barely got to. you got to play the first game yes but when UL wanted to play against me you starting flipping out and unplugging controllers, so uuhh idk.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yo Colorado Smash Scene, I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Gwen was the best source of drama of all time!

OF ALL TIME!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
David...I don't think you are recalling correctly...UL got first game by unplugging my controller. You two played FIVE games. You and I then played four. UL unplugged mine after you and I did three. We then decided he and I would play a few. Next came doubles. I have no idea what happened from then on.
You aren't being mean; you are being wrong.

Guys, either let this die or be correct. I'm done correcting flawed accusations.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Good! We'll trade when I show you my secret super Peach technique!

(I'm serious, it's pretty freakin fantastic and can do it about 80% correctly now.)

(And no, it doesn't involve 0-deaths on MK. Tim.)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It's triple turnip, huh?
I can do that new TL technique they have in tactical right now.
It's not a thread. Not sarcastic....
Snake, Peach, MK, GaW, Fox....like everyone is fine...Ness might be hurt...But they shouldn't be getting hit by this.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Update on my life:

Mom is out of town on some bike trip so I've been staying with my dad all week since he's my only ride to skewl (which is ruining my social life btw).

Luckily my driving test is next friday, so my ride johns are almost gone!

As for BB, I got a fightpad to hold me over while I get stick money. Currently, I'm loving the d-pad. I hardly mess up any movements now. The only issue for me is that the buttons need to be pressed a little harder than I'm used to, so sometimes I miss a move because I didn't press hard enough. I'll get used to it, but I'm having a hard time finding a good layout for it...

Now for my position on Brawl/Melee.

I'm extremely bored of Brawl. I've played it constantly since release. I'm NOT quitting though. I still want to go to smashfests and fight people who are better/equal to me. That's the only time I have fun in Brawl now. Or if we put items on high, Ganon free for all, and random my custom stages. That's fun to do too. But seriously, I don't have fun winning over and over against people who are of no challenge. It's basically the main reason why I hardly play at school anymore like I used to.

As for melee, I don't plan on getting GOOD at the game, but I'll still play it for fun. I have more fun playing random friendlies in melee then Brawl.

But really, I like BB more than both. So my set up is like this:

BlazBlue: Current main fighting game.
Brawl: Only playing at tourneys/smashfests.
Melee: Will play whenever.
Smash 64: Main Smash Bros game. **** yeah.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
**** that's on point
Matches for Brawl are waaaaaaaay better than combo vids, imho. Shows when players do things right.

And I play ZSS, jaja brawl has "combos". You just have to know your character REALLY well

Example!

ZSS vs Wario

Stale uair (5-6 uses, preferably consecutive) required

(optional, start with grab release. If so, dsmash x1)
dsmash x2, grab release, uair*2, end with bair/fair. Also possible to replace uair*2 with nair*1>whatever, but you have to have your spacing on point. Like... really on point.

Yeaaaaaaaaah, Brawl has combos and mechanics that are interesting and stuff, but the whole game just feels like it rewards bad playstyles, to me.

I am going by your original deal. $50 on my $50. Stop trying to change it. No capture card involved. I'm not claiming manliness...

You're being a pretty big ****...I must've really offended you...somehow...
Also, I wasn't sandbagging against Dave nor did I claim I was. I sandbagged against UL because I was mad at him for always kicking me off of my own wii. I didn't feel he earned any real matches.

I'll say whatever I want about what meleemarth said.

This is the last post directed to you where I will treat you with dignity. From this point on, either treat me the same back or be blocked. Your choice.

edit: **** UL, you beat me...
But what you said about me: I NEVER insulted melee. All I said was that I liked brawl vids more because in melee, there actually were real combos. I'm more impressed by brawl vids. I have always acknowledged how much time and skill melee takes and that I lack the time/ skill/ interest. I NEVER insulted melee; I simply defended brawl.
I never made any "deal" with you. I said $50 that I could 4 stock you consistently right then and there. You didn't take me up on it. You still wanna do it? Fine. 3 rounds for $50, 5 for $50+your capture. You don't understand that YOU'RE the one being arrogant, and now you're ducking. All you have to do is take ONE LITTLE STOCK FOR $50! I have to 4 stock you consistently, back to back, with no mistakes. I know I can do it, and I want more out of you if you're going to waste my time.

The reason I'm being a **** is because you're being a stupid little whiny white kid nooblet. You really don't understand how EASY it is to utterly **** bad players in Melee. It's like Marvel. I've practiced for 20 minutes total, but I'd still put money on not losing a single character vs you. That's how extreme Marvel is. Melee isn't THAT hardcore, but it's pretty high up there. That's why I be hatin' on Brawl nowadays. It's soooooooooo easy for upsets to occur. I placed higher than Tim at Final Round, and it wasn't because I'm considerably better, or even better. I just got lucky vs a lot of people. I didn't even really play ZSS there, either. I was ****ing around with Kirby (3 days), and a little Sonic/Jiggz. Brawl is that easy and accessible.

Now, if you don't like spending time improving, learning, etc, then cool! Brawl is for you. But if you like feeling like you've accomplished something after 10, 20, 30 minutes, or an hour, or a couple months, Brawl just isn't the game to play. You learn a character's gimmicks (takes 10 minutes), then you know how to fight him. The ONLY exceptions to this are Diddy (technical) and MK (really really good). You have to know exactly what's going on to beat these characters. Marth kinda has some tricksies, too, but if you play a good Marf for an hour or so, you should see almost everything.

If you don't want UL to kick you off your Wii, then just beat him. Loser goes out, unless winner is being a cool dood that day. It's not "your Wii" once you've brought it to a gathering and set it up. It becomes the fest's Wii until you take it home. You have no more right to play than UL does, and you acknowledge it. Don't be a jew with playtime. Play for real if you want to stay on. Beast on UL and Dave, and if they want to play each other, they either have to beat you, or ask politely and hope you say yes. If you beat them 2 stock everytime, then after 1-2 rotations (pretty much 4 consecutive wins), you can start a winner passes after such and such time.

Oh, and you can block me if you want. Don't expect me to be super friendly to you in person, though.

Pretty much this whole thing is because you ~think~ you know Melee, and you don't. A scrub getting 4 stocked by a decent player consistently isn't remotely unheard of. A scrub getting 4 stocked by a good player is more commonplace than srks after fireballs in ST. And you ARE a Melee scrub.

Video Games suck. They are a waste of time. Go get laid, if you can.
Aren't you not supposed to have sex, mangz? You gonna burn in hell if you keep this up.

<3

We don't care how flexible you are. You have to get laid by a girl, and not your own mouth.
Ouch. DTL kinda likes men, tho. Not being an *******, he legit does. Or says he does. I dunno. He's prolly bi curious. Seems most teenagers are nowadays.

heyyyyyyyyyy

MOBLIN!

Call me? :D

06 smash crew for life!
Was that really 06? Dayumnz. I miss that group.

VICTOR!

The Sheik player that almost beat you was Ivan. He's pretty cool. Not slow, just a foreigner.

good stuff about me being a ****

$50 MMs with people from your own area, trying to take them for as much as possible? That's stupid. Your winning would prove nothing, and likely shatter any chances at attaining a new friendship with someone who, though you won't allow yourself to see this, is a cool person.

As for Brawl lacking skill, I'd be more than willing to wager plenty of money that I could 3-stock anyone willing to take up the challenge. I'd even be willing to throw in extra money for if I just so happen to NOT 0-death you in our set, but for every time I DO, you owe me money. This is mainly directed at meleemarth and Tony, who seem to believe saying "Brawl sucks you should play Melee!!!" is going to get people to convert to their game. It won't, and as could be told to you by any half-way intelligent individual, it'll only create drama, so quit with the bull**** and just do as Sakurai intended- and have fun with the games you play.

/twocents
I'm not looking to prove anything. Just to make as much as possible off a mistake DTL is making. I'm pretty sure he gets his funds from his parents. In which case, the money is going to someone who needs it! :D :D :D

Capture card, too. I got a LOT of Carl stuff to post, and no way to do it. =(

I'm not tellin' people to play Melee anymore. That's Victor. I'm willing to help people learn, but until our scene picks back up and there's a challenge, I'm done with it competitively. And erm... eff any of Sakurai's intentions. Good or not, I don't really feel like bringing him into any conversation.

BUUUUUUUUUUUT!

I'll take you up on that MM. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun, and I haven't been able to play you for seriouslies once. I just have to take a stock, right? I ~might~ be willing to do the 0-death sidebet, but three things prevent that.

1) Diddy actually has a pretty good chance at doing this.
2) 1 wouldn't be a problem iiiiiiiiiif I had money. But I don't. It'd be like a penny every time if we did this.
3) All I'd hafta do is take a stock, then suicide 3 times. Doesn't seem fair to me. I dunno how good Diddy has become lately, but on BF or sumdat, I think I could take at least one.

Still, I'm stoked for this. I don't hate Brawl, per se. I just hate how much work it is to take down bad players. And I mean I Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it. Fighting good players is fun.

Assuming you're actually good, of course. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQr3E6QY394

I'm happy for you, Zhu. I'ma let you finish chaingrabbing, but M2K is one of the best chaingrabbers of all time. Of all time!
Wow. Wtf? Melee just gets dumber (cooler) and dumber (dumber).

I love how rolling is still the best answer to Fox's shield pressure.

Yo Colorado Smash Scene, I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Gwen was the best source of drama of all time!

OF ALL TIME!
trufacts

ya its a shame that was my first one and i was like 5' 5"
I think you were like... 5'3". You were tiny back then.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If you mean the BCD, DTL, I was planning to just stand on a platform taunting whenever you're near an edge with a bomb.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
edit: whoa, you guys post pretty quickly now. Tony? call? what for? My phone is lost in the depths of my room at the moment. At least I think it is. Also, in Brawl, you forgot that Ganon has like a 250% learning curve. But I guess you were only referring to tourney viable chars, in which case I agree with you.

and lol Tim.

hey BB guys,

I'm buying a stick off ebay, but I need to know what they're selling. Does "PS3/PS2/PC USB" capatability include the 360, cuz they're not mentioning it.

like the one right here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mayflash-Univer...ries?hash=item3a5104b62f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

does that work with 360?

I'm just looking for a stick that I can play BB on in tourneys.

Underload

Lazy
I wanna put time into TvC...but it's not really worth it if no one wants to play it with me :'(

I wanna put time into BB...but I don't have a 360 / PS3 or the money to get one.

etc etc

tl;dr: more fests

Top Bottom