• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
EvoZ im still working on the smash date. Prob gonna be 1st or 2nd week in october. I gotta get work cleared and do some traveling so i can get up to speed. I plan on having a secret meeting with someone for some practice :D. Also i should have the smashfest date confirmed in the next 1-3 days. I wanna say something thats really important first tho:

I want as much car pulling as possible. The main reason is, since brawl is out, i may get a 1000 random people here in my home and i dont wanna have cars parked down the street. So please try to do some car pulling. Its not that hard, it requires losing 1 extra hour of sleep. Simply fixed by going to bed an hour earlier :D.

Last comment, i want some of you brawl players to seriously think about getting into melee when you see it at my smashfest. I can sit here all day and piss everyone off with my point of view but, im just asking you guys to consider it. thanks
As far as competitive play goes, there is little to no reason to pick up melee. It takes far too long to be good if you've never played or barely played the game. So I don't see a reason in going if you wanted to become competitive in melee, only go if you want to try to have fun playing a new game.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anybody brought Brawl, it would be me, since my Wii is h4xed with awesome and PSAs. It'd be for lulz rather than competitive. But that's what Brawl is already amirite? RITE?

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
*Dekar*

Brawl v Melee talk is for scrubs :)

Accepting 2v1 MMs next time I'm at a CO tourneyyyyy =O

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno. I have a bit of ill will towards you Wichita folk for not letting me in your social group...

meleemarth

Smash Ace
melee doesnt take forever to learn. Look at lovo, i traned him and now hes a beast. He started getting beast within his first year. If you wanna be good at melee you have to put yourself against good people. Underloard, just work on finding a ride, im sure u can find one. i dont know where morrison is.

EvoZ just try to get saturday off. I mean there will be SOME melee on sunday but im sure ppl will be leaving. So i would suggest doing w/e it takes man. I live in Monument, which is 15 north of the springs. Its not bad.

EDIT- yes someone plz reupload snakes on a train. stupid youtube.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Meno and I were talking about it. If we can get a car with better gas mileage than mine, and a group of people, I'm down.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
monument is fine trust me, and i work as a delivery driver so most the time people dont wanna work for me =*(

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Just go to your boss and tell him you need saturday off and you will owe him big time. Trust me, my best friend delivers food and im telling him the same thing. Just whine about it and you shall recieve :D

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Well, i have some perty important stuff going on sat morning so, even if i got saturday night off then i'd still be driving to the springs for nothin really =/

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Aww, I read that before the edit and it sounded really cool... :(
Well, if people want to do the fest on Sunday, and stay at my place on Saturday...

Who all would want to do that?

I really wanna stay over saturday for the smashfest.
JVCD: Gig? Like in a band? I'm a half decent drummer, so if you have a setup, we should try to play while I'm there.
Yeah, in a band. Sadly, I don't own a drum set though. Maybe some other time.

Also, I'm confused as to what exactly is happening this weekend as well.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
yyyeaaahh i think this saturdays tournament looks like a bust, maybe like tops 10 people their for brawl, and i dont even know if the people running it know offical smash rules and set up

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
okay so wait, could someone fill me in on what's going on this weekend, I seem to be getting fairly mixed up.

Is there a smashfest on saturday/sunday? or is it just the tournament or both i'm so confuzzled

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
If there's anything this saturday or Sunday, I probably couldn't go. I have Birthday johns. My family's going to be fighting over me all weekend.

I also don't have a stick yet, even though I can basically get a free one since it's my birthday.

Underload

Lazy
yyyeaaahh i think this saturdays tournament looks like a bust, maybe like tops 10 people their for brawl, and i dont even know if the people running it know offical smash rules and set up
If it's the main Cutthroat guys, then they know their smash.

A good amount of the Smash community is in Colorado Springs, so attendance should probably be ~15 people.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
okay so wait, could someone fill me in on what's going on this weekend, I seem to be getting fairly mixed up.

Is there a smashfest on saturday/sunday? or is it just the tournament or both i'm so confuzzled
there is a tournament this saturday, victors smashfest date isn't decided yet. Also i'll go this saturday if i can hitch a ride and i'll chip in for gas or w/e.

i would like more info on this tourney though

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
alright yang i got your back!! so tournament is this saturday, so tomorrow
its located here: 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO USA 80918
and i think its from like 11am to 11pm

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well, if people want to do the fest on Sunday, and stay at my place on Saturday...

Who all would want to do that?
Well, at least me. :D

If the tournament's actually going late, I'd really like not to have to drive home at night. I lost my glasses, and in addition to not being able to tell if I pull stitchies, streetlights look like Christmas trees from a distance. :urg:

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Well, at least me. :D

If the tournament's actually going late, I'd really like not to have to drive home at night. I lost my glasses, and in addition to not being able to tell if I pull stitchies, streetlights look like Christmas trees from a distance. :urg:
It's not a big deal if you stay over at my place for the night. Meno driving without glasses at night is probably not the best idea.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wanted to practice for tomorrow's tourney, or just play some smash, I'll be at home so I'd be up for it. Just let me know.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
397 s lark ave louisville co

Really close to boulder. Phone is 303-579-0940

Could you give me time when you would probably pick me up?

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
hhmm im not sure, i know it opens at 11 but im to sure what time the tournament starts, but i think it might start like at 12:30 something like that, so the most likely time ill pick you up will be around 11ish?

Underload

Lazy

Just wondering if Dave would be willing to make one more stop. A is DTL's house, B is Lawkk's, and C is my place. The line going south would be the road we'd take to the tourney. I can get you my address if you're interested.

Top Bottom