• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
no hes not with me, my car is a 4 sitter
Edit: also i just called one of the guys, theres no tournaments tomorrow :<, he says its just a casual day
but he said if there was enough people and they really wanted a tournament they would run one, but their not planning for any tournaments tomorrow......lame!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Let's go and make them have a tournament. Also, I am interested in staying over at JVCD's for the smashfest the next day. I would need a ride home, though. Anyone going near longmont/ boulder?

MK.II

Smash Rookie
no hes not with me, my car is a 4 sitter
Edit: also i just called one of the guys, theres no tournaments tomorrow :<, he says its just a casual day
but he said if there was enough people and they really wanted a tournament they would run one, but their not planning for any tournaments tomorrow......lame!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can get them to have a tourney tomorrow if we just have enough people show.

Underload

Lazy
Potentially 4 people from Denver, plus (hopefully) at least 8 people from the Springs would make an alright tourney. I don't know the Springs scene, though.

JVCD, Over9000, that's all I got.

The only reason I think it would be worth it to drive all the way to Colorado Springs is to stay overnight at JCVD's. And I have no interest in that, so I probably won't go. We'll see though.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Tim and Tony should play more online BB so I can get some practice in.... I think I'll just buy the first stick that shows up that plays on both xbox360 and ps3. Or just xbox360. Since these things seem to be unbarably rare.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
This is for Spencer and Meno, remember that tourney at Mr. Biggs?

"As stated in the tourny topic the issues with the winnings from the Biggs/GameCrazy Tourny have been noted and need to fixed ASAP. Please contact me directly at my email: Enycodesign@gmail.com, and the funds are available to be given out and straiten'd up. With the issues at hand we can deliever either Gift Card (Will be 10 more than orignally planned) or in Cash, The same amount as stated.

This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP and i will need everyones help to get ahold of everyone. Even if you have questions please feel free to contact me at my email.

Also in response to efl, if i could get one of the EFL (head ) guys from denver or the springs to email me that would be great. We have a contact with Namco (Tekken 6) that wants to help out with your guys stuff and probably send you guys stuff for your tournys to hand out for free.

As this is a huge mix up and mistake with our first tourny together, ill take blame for the late response. Again feel free to contact me about ANY issue at hand, and once again we apoligize. Both sides have also agree'd that "if" a tourny was to happen again cash prizes will be available ON SPOT."

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I stripped a screw while taking apart my N64. It was rusted in there good... but luckily I got it out and replaced it.

They are so ****ing hard to deal with.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't check this everyday and am not familiar with the lingo. Can someone give me a definition list? Also, tournaments, yes I'm down but I don't know where many of you are and my schedule/location makes it tricky. Help me out by posting the place and date/time.

MeleeMarth: I feel your pain, I was good @ melee and was ****ed with what they did in Brawl. I like both now, melee more but they cannot be compared. Melee/Brawl= Apples/oranges. I wasted a lot of time campaigning for melee and hating Brawl. Do as you will, but it didn't work for me.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's so funny. Victor isn't hating on Brawl at all, he's just sayin' he doesn't want it there. Simple as that.

Personally, he's getting me a little excited. At this rate, I might have to get a new ngc controller and get my **** back down.

Though his "secret instructor" is prolly D-Mac. Shame, it should be Ferdi, since he's prolly better.

Oh check this out. Remember when i went to oc2? i came back with this! some sig's!
front: Ken and Isai

Front/back:
Kentaross(the japenese guy who taught my doc)
I forgot who it is, but i think its hoshino kirby

Back:
Captain Jack (japenese player)

you can still see chudat's sig but he wrote it on the side. I had to use it during the tourney so it sorta wore off. lol it pretty much just said Yahuuuuz all over it
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah...

When we went to OC3, I got all of DBR, HugS, Ken, Bombsoldier (and his brother!), m2k, chudatz, bone$, vidjo, meepxzero and cubaisdeath to sign my controller. Maybe some other people, but I can't remember. Possibly PC Chris.

I ended up using it the next week. D:

Most of CO did that, actually. Still, props on still having the sigs.

Tony, I thought everyone quit TvC because my megaman camped the **** out of them. And because I discovered the full screen joe infinite. And because True Tech played it.

I guess I'll give it another try, even if my precious megaman has been nerfed. If I remember right joe is really boring to play though, so I'll have to find a 2nd.
I quit cuz you and Don started hatin' on infinites, and how it was broken and stuff. I was fine with spending 2 minutes waiting to get in, and wrecking your whole team with 2 combos. :D

i know XD im back, cause i wanna see colorado at this tourney :)
I didn't see Melee, but I wasn't actively looking. Either way, prolly no go for me. I only really want to travel for BB+Melee, or just BB. Just Melee is a waste until our SSBM community gets fired up again. If we have to ditch the old players and start over, that's fine. We'll suck for a little bit, but it shouldn't take too long to catch people up. Victor's just as good at pointing things out as me. Maybe better. I kinda stole his teaching approach for this game.

If there's anything this saturday or Sunday, I probably couldn't go. I have Birthday johns. My family's going to be fighting over me all weekend.

I also don't have a stick yet, even though I can basically get a free one since it's my birthday.
YOU

Tim and Tony should play more online BB so I can get some practice in.... I think I'll just buy the first stick that shows up that plays on both xbox360 and ps3. Or just xbox360. Since these things seem to be unbarably rare.
TALK TO ME ABOUT A STICK! WE'RE OPEN FOR BIDNESS, AND ARE THE ONLY ONES YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET A X360 PS2/3 STICK FROM FOR UNDER $250! ALSO, IT'LL PROLLY BE UNDER $100, SINCE YOU'RE ONE OF THE FIRST 5!

GET

AT

ME

Also, I'll start playing BB online again either tomorrow or Monday. I'm practicing my technicals/combos this week. Also, Ragna.

If it's the main Cutthroat guys, then they know their smash.

A good amount of the Smash community is in Colorado Springs, so attendance should probably be ~15 people.
Not us, so it'll prolly blow. Unless it's Z.

This is for Spencer and Meno, remember that tourney at Mr. Biggs?

"As stated in the tourny topic the issues with the winnings from the Biggs/GameCrazy Tourny have been noted and need to fixed ASAP. Please contact me directly at my email: Enycodesign@gmail.com, and the funds are available to be given out and straiten'd up. With the issues at hand we can deliever either Gift Card (Will be 10 more than orignally planned) or in Cash, The same amount as stated.

This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP and i will need everyones help to get ahold of everyone. Even if you have questions please feel free to contact me at my email.

Also in response to efl, if i could get one of the EFL (head ) guys from denver or the springs to email me that would be great. We have a contact with Namco (Tekken 6) that wants to help out with your guys stuff and probably send you guys stuff for your tournys to hand out for free.

As this is a huge mix up and mistake with our first tourny together, ill take blame for the late response. Again feel free to contact me about ANY issue at hand, and once again we apoligize. Both sides have also agree'd that "if" a tourny was to happen again cash prizes will be available ON SPOT."
Wtf?

That pretty amazing. Greg and Lance STILL haven't paid us for teams at NVGA.

EDIT:

Almost forgot!

DTL, my terms stand. For 3 rounds, you can put up $50. For 5, $50+capture card. Either do it or don't. I'm not negotiating this with you. If you're going to make the mistake of MMing me in Melee to try and prove a point, I want to drive home just how bad of an idea it is. I'm not putting these conditions up as a deterrent. I'm doing it because I need money and a capture card, and this is the easiest way for me to get it.

If you want to back down, I understand. It's pretty hefty. Especially for a game that you don't play.

OH!

Also, once my FinAid comes in, I want to start doing MMs in BB with people. Prolly just $3 or so, but the conditions are that I either have to win with my Ragna (anyone can challenge me! ANYONE!), or perfect you at least once in a set with Carl (~might~ extend this offer to Tim once I get some more $, not gonna extend this to Jamz, since I only perfect him once or twice every other session. Everyone else is golden!). I'll go only one character per MM, so pick what you wanna do, and we'll do it!

Underload

Lazy
Tony, what would you be able to mod on this stick if I bought it >.> It's looking like the only real option I have. Heeeeeeeeere it isssssssss

It'd be nice for it to have some color added somehow (buttons, stick, or something, just so it doesn't look all black n' stuff), maybe some higher quality parts (I don't know what you would add to make it better...), or maybe something so it'll be compatible with PS2 / Gamecube / 360 / PS3?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Lawkk makes me giggle. I thought we had some brawl players too, stealth, but we were wrong.

Tony, can I get a dual system stick, and use some of the random crap I've bought you and haven't gotten paid for as collateral?

Edit: And yeah, TvC did get boring with the infinites, plus joe just wasn't that fun to play and he was who I wanted to play. And don't claim you were always fine with my camping, I know you were mostly ok with it, but there were times...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Tony, what would you be able to mod on this stick if I bought it >.> It's looking like the only real option I have. Heeeeeeeeere it isssssssss

It'd be nice for it to have some color added somehow (buttons, stick, or something, just so it doesn't look all black n' stuff), maybe some higher quality parts (I don't know what you would add to make it better...), or maybe something so it'll be compatible with PS2 / Gamecube / 360 / PS3?
I could. I dunno how hard/easy it would be, but definitely. You're gonna have to get a little extra money set aside for good parts, but other than that, it should work.

Pretty much

$25 for a good joystick
$3 per button for good buttons
And then add however much for each system's PCB I hafta get
Maybe a little extra for solder/other raw materials, but we can discuss that on case-by-case

And that's pretty much it for now

Labor costs will be added on top after I've done 5 sticks.

Lawkk makes me giggle. I thought we had some brawl players too, stealth, but we were wrong.

Tony, can I get a dual system stick, and use some of the random crap I've bought you and haven't gotten paid for as collateral?

Edit: And yeah, TvC did get boring with the infinites, plus joe just wasn't that fun to play and he was who I wanted to play. And don't claim you were always fine with my camping, I know you were mostly ok with it, but there were times...
Yeah, that sounds fair. I'll pay for a Cthulu board for you, and we'll call it even. Sound good? It'll take a little while, though, and you'll still hafta order any other parts (new joystick, microswitch, buttons) to make it feel nicer. But yeah, i can dual-mod your stick, I think.

And yeaaaaaaaaaaah, but I get frustrated in a buncha games. Still, it wasn't at your camping, just my inability to wait for the proper openings.

Fine, Tony. 50 on 50 plus CC
Only thing is, if I take a full game away from you, you throw in 20 more.
ahahahaha

Sure, why not?

Bring both capture cards. I wanna make sure you don't jew me oouuuuuuuut.

When are we doing this, anyway? I suppose I should set aside some money, just in case I do flop like a fish.

I forgot to mention: Happy talk like a pirate day, ye land lubbers!
Wtf, why did I quote this?

u guys never got paid for teams? i got everything for teams.
I mean for running it and stuff.

Pretty much, we get paid by a percentage of how many people entered. We didn't get paid for anyone that entered teams only. I should prolly hit greg up about that. Maybe it can pay for my overinflated ego MMs.

EDIT:

Also, studying WW2 has solidified my belief in God. Seriously, why do we always get lucky when someone tries to take over the world? The world had some serious luckback10ks vs Hitler.

EX:

Britain bombs a random small side base of Germany's. In it is a thermonuclear bomb, as well as all the people who have been working on it. Britain doesn't know this at all.

Better than that is the fact that Germany ****ed up on their v2 rockets.

v2+nuke=goodbye whitehouse from across the world

And this was before anything with Russia went down.

Aaaaaaaand they prolly could have taken Moscow if they didn't stop for gas. They took a 2 month break in the campaign to do a side-trek. Despite that, the German military, without food, reinforcements, air control, or proper supplies managed to make it to 6 miles outside Moscow.

The more you know!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
They are both the same CC
One just came with a different cd.
I'm not giving you the cd, but you can Download it from the internet and it's the same. I have games stored on it.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Oh, also:
Dave...that was kind of a **** move...
Couldn't you have told me earlier? I had stuff I could've done today, rather than wait around until like 3... Thanks a lot.

Underload

Lazy
Sounds great Tony. Once I order the actual stick and get it in, I'll bring it in next time we can meet and we'll go from there.

Now I just need to decide on what colors I want for the stick / buttons. >.> I know that one's gonna be a pain in the ***.

I could always go with the rainbow approach.

I have no clue why I just spent 10 minutes making that.

Top Bottom