• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, it isn't like some of us went and saw the Grizzlies before they moved to another state and we got the Av's instead. And it isn't like we listened to the first Colorado Stanley Cup on a radio up in the mountains, until way late because of a triple overtime in one game.

Only your rag-tag group of guys will get it.
You are waaaaaaaaaaaay off, Tim.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
yarly, Tim.

Also, I just fought Tony and some other Jin in the room. The Jin got a straight victory on both of us. I took 2 games off of Tony the first match, then lost every game the next match and all the ones after it.

I need to learn Carl combos. STOP BEING SO SMALL CARL. TAO CAN'T COMBO YOU.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
yarly, Tim.

Also, I just fought Tony and some other Jin in the room. The Jin got a straight victory on both of us. I took 2 games off of Tony the first match, then lost every game the next match and all the ones after it.

I have the same problem against Carl. He's too **** small.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
yarly, Tim.

That was Recon. He's good. Improved a lot in the past week or so.

Still, he surprised me today. Didn't think he'd improve that much, or understand baiting bursts as well as he does. He's also the only one in all of CO that punishes my vivace A outta pressure. He baits it like an upper, and it makes me saaaaaaaaad.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just happy I didn't get perfected like the first time we played. :3

Wait, is that the same Jin that was at the Davefest?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Jaja, and since you'd appreciate something like that, I went ahead and took out "pretty" good, as well as the part about one of his combos not actually working. There, drama averted. Unless someone screencapped it already.

Is it just that time of the month for the 2df community?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Maybe?

But really, you thought I'd care enough to bring Recon here? Am I not super lazy? Or do you think I showed Don those posts on dustloop, despite the fact that I consistently forget about checking there?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Ouch! Well we do with what we have. You can only go as far as the competition gives you. We have around 10 to 20 people for the tourneys around here. We have improved a little bit.
i would go except cable and sentinel are banned and there's this tourney in denver the exact same day.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ouch! Well we do with what we have. You can only go as far as the competition gives you. We have around 10 to 20 people for the tourneys around here. We have improved a little bit.
Ignore the ******** comments from UL, he's just angry he has tiny little girl hands.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
yarly, Tim.

****, I'm sorry I missed that. I was so tired, I just had to sleep. Sorry zaj lol.

I am now awake and doing homework.

I doubt you guys want to fight another ****ty hakumen anyway, though. Wait until I get Tony my stick money.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Maaaaaaaan, this makes me happy, though. Means I get to do more research. I'll try to find you some sources on the thermonuke, it's something I gathered from talking to vets/military brats over the years.
Sweet. I like people who actually know what they're talking about. PM me if you want, WSF boards aren't the right place for this.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Maybe?

But really, you thought I'd care enough to bring Recon here? Am I not super lazy? Or do you think I showed Don those posts on dustloop, despite the fact that I consistently forget about checking there?
Nah, not really. Just a good excuse for me to edit it. Even if you didn't bring him here, I'm getting sick of people going on the warpath v me when I'm not trying to **** talk, so Imma be more careful with what I say on the interwebs, since it is VERY SRS BUSINESS!

Speaking of Ness, everyone should make fun of just how lame his name really is. Seriously, I thought he was a G, and then I realize it's just a crappy bit of wordplay? D:<

Ness broke my heart.

****, I'm sorry I missed that. I was so tired, I just had to sleep. Sorry zaj lol.

I am now awake and doing homework.

I doubt you guys want to fight another ****ty hakumen anyway, though. Wait until I get Tony my stick money.
I was fighting a hella legit Hakumen later in the night. Didn't win once. You should post in the Hakumen directory thread and ask to learn from qwerty once you feel you're ready to.

Also, for your case, we can buy a FS3 case offa Dre for $30. It comes with a JLF stick and I ~think~ new Sanwa buttons. Only downside is how small it is. I dunno if'n I can dual mod it. I prolly can, though. If I can't, I'll buy the actual case offa you later on down the road, when it comes time to upgrade.

What is everyone interested in BB doing this Saturday? Should come to PIF, it'll be a GREAT learning experience.

Though they won't have xbox pads there. That's like saying there won't be rusty nails laying on the floor.

Sweet. I like people who actually know what they're talking about. PM me if you want, WSF boards aren't the right place for this.
What should I study in the meantime? Dun want the conversation to end prematurely because there were things you knew about that I didn't.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
i would go except cable and sentinel are banned and there's this tourney in denver the exact same day.
Ya we ended up banning Sentinel and Cable due to a large consensus wanting it and the tournament scene for it has become a lot better for it now we have a mixed variety compared to the same 3 or 4 characters being used. This is just our opinion on the matter of course and doesn't apply to every tournament scene.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
anyone playin aion? cus i was thinking about getting it but rather get some initial feedback from some locals

meleemarth

Smash Ace
hey guys, im probably gonna either hold the smashfest last week of october or first week of november. The main reason is, the ccct or w/e is oct 10th and im sure everyone is planning on making it to that.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Who all is going to the tourney at West Wood College on the 10th?

I'm thinking I'll go. First BB tourney!

.. and for Brawl.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll go for sumdat BB.

Ya we ended up banning Sentinel and Cable due to a large consensus wanting it and the tournament scene for it has become a lot better for it now we have a mixed variety compared to the same 3 or 4 characters being used. This is just our opinion on the matter of course and doesn't apply to every tournament scene.
Except you guys will NEVER amount to anything out of Grand Junction by banning those two. You won't know how to deal with it. Also, I find it funny that you banned them, but not Cyclops or Storm. I guarantee that SJ hk to build meter will get banned over there.

But yeah, by banning those characters, you pretty much doomed your scene to mediocrity. Grats! Good thing it's just Marvel. No one can really catch up nowadays anyway, unless they make it their only game.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
My feelings on the matter:

Sentinel and Cable are banned,
Leaving top tier undermanned
But with Storm's only foe
Not allowed to show
How will we get her to land?

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, I really have no right to diss Grand Junction, seeing as I haven't had a chance to play them at all and I've only hear stories. Sorry.

I might drop into Paid in Full just to watch some BB / MvC2 / whatever.

And OH MAN I got so hype when I heard that Flux might bring a few Vegas peeps to Ranbat 1.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've read one chapter so far and I already love it.

Edit:

Dude... this story... is ****ing amazing.

It got REALLY good around this picture...

Top Bottom