• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I just finished reading it...

I can never play Animal Crossing the same way again. But on the bright side, the game just got 10x more interesting.

I thought the story was gonna be some bull**** ******** lulzy stuff that just made fun of AC, but man was I wrong...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
By the way, Moblin. Because of this story, AC: City Folk is now a bigger priority to me than Nazi Zombies.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I considered reading through it again, it is really good. But I seem to still be able to call up most of the important details, so I spent time looking for my ps2 memory card instead. But I failed =(

And then I wanted to play GG, but I don't have a stick anymore.

Also, I cut myself on my stick today.

Rizen

Smash Legend
C3 rule Q

What should I study in the meantime? Dun want the conversation to end prematurely because there were things you knew about that I didn't.
Dun=don't?
Find something that interests you. I haven't studied WW2 for some time and my specifics are rusty. Look up the principle of 'fighting yesterday's war', I guess.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Too many replies to quote. With a smaller scene like Grand Junction banning Cable and Sentinel has opened up the character selection to a whole new level and with everyone and there mom using some variation of the 4 god tier characters I don't mind at all banning those two. I didn't decide on this decision we held it down to a vote and we had 90% majority so we did it and we ended up better for it. Now could someone from one of bigger city's come down and show us the error of our ways? Maybe. For now I don't mind where we our and I just do what my community wants for I am just but a humble TO.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Info on new BlazBlue update is coming in. Carl's getting a projectile, and Ragna is getting a dive. We'll see how it works out. I'm looking forward to the new characters.

I considered reading through it again, it is really good. But I seem to still be able to call up most of the important details, so I spent time looking for my ps2 memory card instead. But I failed =(

And then I wanted to play GG, but I don't have a stick anymore.

Also, I cut myself on my stick today.
I've been wanting to play BB really badly lately. I'm looking into whether or not we can just connect the ps2 wires directly to the button or not. If so, we can make our sticks dual system next week. :D

Sooo apparently Light the beast Peach main from Arizona is moving to CO o.o
Whut? Tight. Hope he still plays Melee. He was purdy good.

Dun=don't?
Find something that interests you. I haven't studied WW2 for some time and my specifics are rusty. Look up the principle of 'fighting yesterday's war', I guess.

I'm trying to make the 9/26 and 10/10 C3s. This was part of the rules:

• Stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

• All infinite grabs are limited to three reps. This includes, but is not limited to, Marth and Charizard's regrabs on the Psychic Brats, Dedede's infinite regrabs on Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK, and Bowser, and any IC infinite. After 3 grabs, the player must either throw or hit away their opponent. For this rule to take effect, one must request a judge before their matches. In teams, infinite grabs between alternating players are allowed.
What makes an infinite chain grab different from an infinite grab?
Also I'm thinking about trying some wifi matches again but in the past my connection has downright s**ked. If anyone near Boulder wants to play, enter my friend code and message me about a time.
Regrabs are where you can just hold shield and mash a to win the match. Infinite cg (d3's standing regrab/ICs infinites) are limited, too. Buuuuuuut I'm thinking about unbanning IC cg, since it really is a lot of work for them, and they need it. It's like banning Carl's claptrap infinite. Instantly drops him 2-3 tiers. D:

We've never had to stop a match because of stalling before.

Too many replies to quote. With a smaller scene like Grand Junction banning Cable and Sentinel has opened up the character selection to a whole new level and with everyone and there mom using some variation of the 4 god tier characters I don't mind at all banning those two. I didn't decide on this decision we held it down to a vote and we had 90% majority so we did it and we ended up better for it. Now could someone from one of bigger city's come down and show us the error of our ways? Maybe. For now I don't mind where we our and I just do what my community wants for I am just but a humble TO.
You guys couldn't even play Cable and Sentinel before. Dunno why you banned them now, aside from the whooping Yang gave ya.

The problem with banning characters in Marvel is that you have to ban like... the top 8. Until you reach mid tier, each higher tier is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the previous one. For example, you could run:

Storm, Cyke, Tron

For ******** meter building, a great uppercut, and stupid amounts of damage. Replace Tron with Doom for a team that can run away forever while chipping you to death.

Same with Doom+Strider. It'll wreck shop against a lot of teams that don't have Sent to save them.

Banning Cable+Sentinel means you guys will get into the habit of doing really stupid things that can be punished by AHVB, or pretty much whatever Sent feels like.

You haven't "fixed" the game. You've only made it a new kinda broken. Anyone that's worth anything will pick up Storm and prolly Cyke. Without toptier to stop him, he's able to easily dominate metagame with just SJ j.hk*n until he has enough meter to connect a MOB or HOB, and then he'll DHC into Storm, and from there it's GGs everyone.

But whatever, you guys can play however you like. GJ seems like it's about fun, not about improving.

Dekar173

Justice Man
But whatever, you guys can play however you like. GJ seems like it's about fun, not about improving.
Considering what stage MvC2 is IN its metagame, I'd hope that a place that isn't Socal or NY is about having fun rather than improving.

And about Light, ya he still plays Melee. Not gonna lie, he's probably your new best Melee player.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
You stated it perfectly right here my good man. Considering the amount of people we have our metagame can only increase so far. With the capabilities of online people can improve themselves greatly but without the drive and ambition of friends with the same amount skill as you to compete against it can only go so far. This is my opinion of course. We like having fun and competition so that's how things are the way they are. Now I'm not saying other tournaments don't focus on fun to a degree because last time I went to C3 they had some aspects that made it fun like regulars teaching me new things as we played and a friendly atmosphere. So like I stated I will do what the GJ community wants because I am but just a humble TO.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Would the dive kick Ragna gets get ***** by srks/other anti airs? =(

Also tony strider doom works best with sentinal on the team cause striders bleeds like a bish but probably could **** still cause other team won't have sent to take the chip

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I'm just hoping Rachel got a liiiitle nerfed.

I always have trouble with Rachel. :(

Edit: It's funny how little we talk about smash.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So, honestly speaking would the next CO tourney be worth going to?

Underload

Lazy
I'm almost positive that isn't a complete list.

But for now, no nerfs for Arakune. I really want some sort of Hakumen buff, he's my favorite character even though I've only played the game twice :/

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Of course it isn't a complete list. It says that itself that every char has new **** and you don't see every char referenced there.

Top Bottom