• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
YOU

TALK TO ME ABOUT A STICK! WE'RE OPEN FOR BIDNESS, AND ARE THE ONLY ONES YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET A X360 PS2/3 STICK FROM FOR UNDER $250! ALSO, IT'LL PROLLY BE UNDER $100, SINCE YOU'RE ONE OF THE FIRST 5!

GET

AT

ME
I'm gonna try and get a stick from you too, but seeing as Moblin and I are both jobless teenagers with stingy parents, I doubt either of us will be the first 5.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Terms: CC, OP, cd, OC3, TvC, If someone can bring me up to speed and say what these mean it'd be great. What's with pirates and World War 2?

EDIT:

Also, studying WW2 has solidified my belief in God. Seriously, why do we always get lucky when someone tries to take over the world? The world had some serious luckback10ks vs Hitler.

EX:

Britain bombs a random small side base of Germany's. In it is a thermonuclear bomb, as well as all the people who have been working on it. Britain doesn't know this at all.

Better than that is the fact that Germany ****ed up on their v2 rockets.

v2+nuke=goodbye whitehouse from across the world

And this was before anything with Russia went down.

Aaaaaaaand they prolly could have taken Moscow if they didn't stop for gas. They took a 2 month break in the campaign to do a side-trek. Despite that, the German military, without food, reinforcements, air control, or proper supplies managed to make it to 6 miles outside Moscow.

The more you know!
On that subject, Russia pulled the same trick against Hitler that stopped Napoleon. Moving a military through Russia is far more taxing than a battle could be. 'Stop for gas' moving a military is extremely costly in every aspect, maintenance, provisions, this is the larger part of warfare. Russia could have continued this strategy long after Moscow fell. Russia's retreat and destroy supplies strategy could not be match by blitzkrieg. Luck's never a factor, the situation had to get to a point where people couldn't deny it any longer. Most people, when involved, do not support an aggression of that nature. Weaponry is one of many war factors. This is standard stuff.

'Better than that is the fact that Germany ****ed up on their v2 rockets.

v2+nuke=goodbye whitehouse from across the world'

Where are you getting this timing and technology? The US distanced themselves for some time. Bombing the Whitehouse, if it was possible in the mid 40's, would result in a huge retaliation with little damage to our military strength. 'Bad idea in the middle of a war. It's not smart today, that's why it doesn't happen hardly ever. Pearl Harbor was a smart attack by Japan that devastated a huge part of our naval power and they suffered a crippling retaliating for it.
The defeat of the Axis powers was heavily determined by factors that aren't measured in standards of 1940's traditional warfare. Not luck.

D***, I promised myself I wouldn't get political here. I can get really into debate things, but it's not personal, so no one take it the wrong way.

Underload

Lazy
OC3 stands for Zero Challenge 3, it was a huge Melee tourney in like 2006 or something.

TvC is Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the newest team fighter from Capcom that's coming out for the Wii.

Too lazy to answer the rest.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna try and get a stick from you too, but seeing as Moblin and I are both jobless teenagers with stingy parents, I doubt either of us will be the first 5.
Speak for yourself, *****! It's my first birthday since my parents got divorced! I'm gonna be swimming in it!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:(

I love WW2. You guys should keep debating.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Terms: CC, OP, cd, OC3, TvC, If someone can bring me up to speed and say what these mean it'd be great. What's with pirates and World War 2?

On that subject, Russia pulled the same trick against Hitler that stopped Napoleon. Moving a military through Russia is far more taxing than a battle could be. 'Stop for gas' moving a military is extremely costly in every aspect, maintenance, provisions, this is the larger part of warfare. Russia could have continued this strategy long after Moscow fell. Russia's retreat and destroy supplies strategy could not be match by blitzkrieg. Luck's never a factor, the situation had to get to a point where people couldn't deny it any longer. Most people, when involved, do not support an aggression of that nature. Weaponry is one of many war factors. This is standard stuff.

Where are you getting this timing and technology? The US distanced themselves for some time. Bombing the Whitehouse, if it was possible in the mid 40's, would result in a huge retaliation with little damage to our military strength. 'Bad idea in the middle of a war. It's not smart today, that's why it doesn't happen hardly ever. Pearl Harbor was a smart attack by Japan that devastated a huge part of our naval power and they suffered a crippling retaliating for it.
The defeat of the Axis powers was heavily determined by factors that aren't measured in standards of 1940's traditional warfare. Not luck.

D***, I promised myself I wouldn't get political here. I can get really into debate things, but it's not personal, so no one take it the wrong way.
this guy....know his ****

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I approve of intellectual history debates/discussions.

Also, OP is overpowered, CC in melee is crouch cancelling, dunno about other games. and cd is...uh...dunno.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I approve of intellectual history debates/discussions.

Also, OP is overpowered, CC in melee is crouch cancelling, dunno about other games. and cd is...uh...dunno.
so i want from level 1 to level 9 by beating a level 61 ragna.....from when i joined the room was 30-1. Bringing hakumen to top tier

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hells yeah yang. I think our state has more hakumen mains than anything else. Moblin, Yang, Krsjin, Tage...He's a pretty cool ji--I mean guy.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey so I placed 3rd at my first tournament in MN... I think our melee scene is better but I was surprised at how good the guys were. They have a couple of pretty amazing brawl players (couple being 1, moe lol) but I'm not really into that game anymore so whatevs. yay? If Co resurrected its melee scene, I would be veeeery happy :D

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
With all the freakin' BB Hockeymans we have in CO, you guys should all get together and become the Colorado Avalanche.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Is all good. Just lemme know if you fall into money.

I'm laaaaazy on SWF nowadays, so Imma reply to this once, and then we should totally debate it whenever you go to a gathering that I'm at.

The thing with capturing Moscow is that it would have allowed for Germany to start supplying their troops in Russia. More than that, it would have been a significant moral victory. Britain was sitting on their island with very little they could do, and the U.S. was on the other side of the world, with little they could do to immediately aid Russia.

Ultimately, trying to take over Russia without nuclear capability is a pretty lost cause, buuuuuuuuut that's where the thermonuke and v2 were (theoretically) supposed to come in. Had he snagged Moscow and used some other part of Russia to demonstrate the power of his new weapons, Hitler might have been able to get the good 'ol motherland to fall. Defending it is another issue entirely, but threatening to just pull out and nuke the whole area is a pretty strong deterrent.

Really though, Hitler was waaaaaaaaaaay too cocky with Russia. Blitzkreig was great, and really frightening, but it IS Russia. Hundreds of miles of nothing=hard to find/flush out/fight resistance fighters. Also, he DIDN'T have all the pieces he needed, soo that's another problem. Doesn't help that his tank production was crap up until waaaaaaaay too late in the war.

As for the retaliation from the U.S., think about how Japan responded after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do you really think we'd continue to fight Germany if he sent a warhead over to NYC and DC (or wherever, really)? At the time, we didn't have anything even REMOTELY like the v2 rocket. I'm pretty sure we didn't have a sub-orbital defense network, either, so unless some spies leaked info, I think that an attack on the US from across the world would go off without a hitch.

That pretty much would have allowed him to win the war, I think. Or at least knock the U.S. and Britain outta commission. I'm fairly sure he would have been fine with just bombing Britain, too.

Maaaaaaaan, this makes me happy, though. Means I get to do more research. I'll try to find you some sources on the thermonuke, it's something I gathered from talking to vets/military brats over the years.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Is all good. Just lemme know if you fall into money.

I'm laaaaazy on SWF nowadays, so Imma reply to this once, and then we should totally debate it whenever you go to a gathering that I'm at.

The thing with capturing Moscow is that it would have allowed for Germany to start supplying their troops in Russia. More than that, it would have been a significant moral victory. Britain was sitting on their island with very little they could do, and the U.S. was on the other side of the world, with little they could do to immediately aid Russia.

Ultimately, trying to take over Russia without nuclear capability is a pretty lost cause, buuuuuuuuut that's where the thermonuke and v2 were (theoretically) supposed to come in. Had he snagged Moscow and used some other part of Russia to demonstrate the power of his new weapons, Hitler might have been able to get the good 'ol motherland to fall. Defending it is another issue entirely, but threatening to just pull out and nuke the whole area is a pretty strong deterrent.

Really though, Hitler was waaaaaaaaaaay too cocky with Russia. Blitzkreig was great, and really frightening, but it IS Russia. Hundreds of miles of nothing=hard to find/flush out/fight resistance fighters. Also, he DIDN'T have all the pieces he needed, soo that's another problem. Doesn't help that his tank production was crap up until waaaaaaaay too late in the war.

As for the retaliation from the U.S., think about how Japan responded after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do you really think we'd continue to fight Germany if he sent a warhead over to NYC and DC (or wherever, really)? At the time, we didn't have anything even REMOTELY like the v2 rocket. I'm pretty sure we didn't have a sub-orbital defense network, either, so unless some spies leaked info, I think that an attack on the US from across the world would go off without a hitch.

That pretty much would have allowed him to win the war, I think. Or at least knock the U.S. and Britain outta commission. I'm fairly sure he would have been fine with just bombing Britain, too.

Maaaaaaaan, this makes me happy, though. Means I get to do more research. I'll try to find you some sources on the thermonuke, it's something I gathered from talking to vets/military brats over the years.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it isn't like some of us went and saw the Grizzlies before they moved to another state and we got the Av's instead. And it isn't like we listened to the first Colorado Stanley Cup on a radio up in the mountains, until way late because of a triple overtime in one game.

Only your rag-tag group of guys will get it.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Was a pretty decent combo video... had some good combos but some unecessary clips and a few with really dumb opponents. Could've been shorter and more concise though. I liked the combos I did see though, very nice.

Also, don't steal mah songz :(

Colorado sunrise is the lead-in song for my pika combo video D:

I guess those are the disadvantages of not making your own combo video.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
thanks fluxus for the feedback!! :)
yeah some things can be left out like just charging up a smash all the way for a kill.......
but i just gave my clips to the guy and let him have a ball lol

and yeah i did steal your song <.<

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If you're one of the people currently enjoying fighters other than smash, don't forget that EFL's P.I.F. event is this Saturday at the STARS centre behind the Tivoli building. Good chance to get offline experience and have funs.

Top Bottom