• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost positive that isn't a complete list.

But for now, no nerfs for Arakune. I really want some sort of Hakumen buff, he's my favorite character even though I've only played the game twice :/
Hockeyman is indeed cool. He just needs something to not get ***** by Nu so bad. I have no idea about his other match ups though.

korgoth

Smash Rookie
Hey talarq gimme yer number so we can hit up some brawl sometime

mines 720 236 8339, if you want to give me a call.

I've been out on a hunting trip and catching up on ****. thats why i never got back on here after we planned to the first time

Underload

Lazy
@ Lawkk: ...I know. In other words, "celebrate the buffs for now, but you never know what could get taken away". Better?

@ Sinz: With absolutely no OoS attendance? About 20.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Considering what stage MvC2 is IN its metagame, I'd hope that a place that isn't Socal or NY is about having fun rather than improving.

And about Light, ya he still plays Melee. Not gonna lie, he's probably your new best Melee player.
Ahahahahahahaha.

Maybe him moving here+Victor will be just enough to get some fire in our Melee scene again. I'm pretty sure my Doc is terrible right now.

he beat wobbles in winner's semis and losers finals at the melee tournament last saturday
He beat who, again?

You stated it perfectly right here my good man. Considering the amount of people we have our metagame can only increase so far. With the capabilities of online people can improve themselves greatly but without the drive and ambition of friends with the same amount skill as you to compete against it can only go so far. This is my opinion of course. We like having fun and competition so that's how things are the way they are. Now I'm not saying other tournaments don't focus on fun to a degree because last time I went to C3 they had some aspects that made it fun like regulars teaching me new things as we played and a friendly atmosphere. So like I stated I will do what the GJ community wants because I am but just a humble TO.
Fair enough. Despite the **** I talk about GJ, you have to cater to your community. So yah, good job on being a nice TO, shame your comm isn't bettar.

Would the dive kick Ragna gets get ***** by srks/other anti airs? =(

Also tony strider doom works best with sentinal on the team cause striders bleeds like a bish but probably could **** still cause other team won't have sent to take the chip
If it's like ANY dive kick ever

Then it will beat my character's AAs clean, but lose terribly to anything with invul.

I'm just hoping Rachel got a liiiitle nerfed.

I always have trouble with Rachel. :(

Edit: It's funny how little we talk about smash.
If she doesn't get nerfed, I might actually learn her. As is, fighting Rach with Carl is NOT good times. D:

We dun talk about smash because it's pretty slow to develop, and our OMFG SUPER COMPETITIVE players have generally moved on to 2dfighters. Everyone that plays Brawl prolly knows the status of the metagame, anywho.

Also if they make BB faster I might pick it up and play that Tsubaki char.
BB doesn't really need that much speed, I think. Play a good Rachel/Litchi in teh corner sometime, and tell me you want their mix-ups to be even faster. I'd say to make throw tech windows smaller, but throws are REALLLLLLLLY good in this game.

It's only really slow when you first start. After that, it's about 3s speed. To me, anyway.

Though my combos would be a LOT easier if I could take advantage of my Melee technicals and just do things as fast as possible, rather than actually having to learn timing.

UGH!

Not even joking, this feature just made the game worth getting a DS for.

So, honestly speaking would the next CO tourney be worth going to?
Depends on if you're teaming with Dekar or not. If so, ya, cuz you'll prolly get at least a little money. If you come solo, you're gunna looooooooooooose.

lol, my **** talk goes down the drain for non-hype games. =(

YEAH BOY! as long as they don't nerf him ill be very happy :D
If Kune doesn't get nerfed, I'd recommend EVERYONE pick him up, since he'll pretty much be Eddie due to the developer's <3ing him.

He's gonna, though. I really hope so, anyway. Soooooooo annoying to fight, even with a 0-death. He's better at zoning than Nu, IMHO.

Bang: Receives louder music when activating install.
Old joke is old.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Just spent the last 3 hours doing homework. Tony, what's the next event you'll be at? I haz cash.

I'm willing to give you the money to order everything you need to make me a decent stick. Otherwise, I'll have to make a ton of calls that will probably start with asking you for their phone numbers. Sooo either way, I'm gonna be annoying and you're gonna be annoyed.

It's how my relationships work.

All of them.

let me know, brah.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Just spent the last 3 hours doing homework. Tony, what's the next event you'll be at? I haz cash.

I'm willing to give you the money to order everything you need to make me a decent stick. Otherwise, I'll have to make a ton of calls that will probably start with asking you for their phone numbers. Sooo either way, I'm gonna be annoying and you're gonna be annoyed.

It's how my relationships work.

All of them.

let me know, brah.
Never call me brah or bro again, and we can still talk. We'll see about being friends later.

lololol

You wanna start with just x360, or dual system?

I'll be at PIF. You can gimme monies then/we can talk about what you wanna do for the casing.

Jamz bought a new stick, so I currently have 2 cases just sitting around. 3 if you wanna drop money on Dre's FS3 case (it's a REALLY good deal if you don't mind smaller sticks). Or I could make one for you outta wood, but if you want that+dual mod, it's gonna take me a little bit to put it together, since I need to hit up Lyn's dad to use his woodshop+electronics lab.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
what the fvuck was that?

Tony: Deal. lol, I'll probably buy a case from you. Idk if I want the good one or not yet, I guess I'll see how much extra it would cost.

but Where/when is PIF?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have about 2 cents to my name right now.
That's your '2 cents'. (dumb play-on-words but I couldn't resist)

The last street fighter I played was on the super Nintendo. What's with M Bison in SF 4? Is he powered by hell or something? I only saw the opening video.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
what the fvuck was that?

Tony: Deal. lol, I'll probably buy a case from you. Idk if I want the good one or not yet, I guess I'll see how much extra it would cost.

but Where/when is PIF?
It's Saturday at the Tivoli/Starz Center.

I'll bring my old case to show ya. :D!

That's your '2 cents'. (dumb play-on-words but I couldn't resist)

The last street fighter I played was on the super Nintendo. What's with M Bison in SF 4? Is he powered by hell or something? I only saw the opening video.
You missed a lot.

Bison is pretty much the same as always. Psycho power and all that jazz.

korgoth

Smash Rookie
Korgoth, 719-244-1298. If I don't go this weekend we can play some Brawl but I'm pretty terrible. Really into Blazblue more at the moment.
for sure, I'm just tired of not having anyone decent to play except when i play my brother back in town. I'll give you a call on like saturday or sunday if thats cool. I'll prolly be getting drunk on Friday.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So when is the next what?

The soonest thing I have on my calendar is the Ranbat on the 10th...

Underload

Lazy
I'm talking about Ranbat 1. On the 10th.

PiF won't have Brawl.

And, I'm just kidding. I have a commitment to you, hun.

Also, everyone check out that Frank West TvC video I linked to earlier. It's amazing. I found my new 2nd character.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mixed them up because I'm ********.

And I need to learn to suck less for you. You're definitely the better one between us. ):

But don't you main Diddy now, or what's the deal with that? Are we still gonna do double Snakes/Snake+Pikachu or are you gonna start using Diddy now?

I dunno about our position on using MK in our team. I remember you saying you didn't really wanna use him anymore. And I've grown a tendency to play really really really gay with MK whenever I do use him. Dunno if that's good or bad...

Top Bottom