• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

meleemarth

Smash Ace
DTL- hellz yah man.

anyone remember these good old times?

i love how i look like a freakish brown haird weirdo.
rofl i love how the ******** kid looks in the red nintendo hoody hahaha! and anyone remember that one mexican kid that played with the controller upside down?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

And I think that Mexican kid still plays. He might have been the one in Colorado Springs for Brawl.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty trash at melee but I wouldn't mind learning xP

I would have to get a ride to smashfests most of the time though =(

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Hey Tai, if we are going to play on Friday, it's going to be laaaaaaaaaaaaate. I've got work until about 11:30. I'd still be down if you are.

I'd be down for that. Terms? Maybe I can do a $5 mm in barwl after, for funzies. Assuming you dun **** me hard in Melee. =(
Best of 3, one ban, counter picks. Sound good?

And the brawl game sounds good too. Hopefully I'll be able to win my money back from the Melee loss. : D

Same terms?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I play Brawl to spite Sakurai not wanting competitive smash.

Oh, and Moblin said he's been waiting for you, Victor, because he wants to have melee tourneys but no one will do them.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
ha. Thats cool with me. Ill do some melee tournies i suppose. We just gotta get more ppl willing to do them at ccct first. CCCT is the ultimate goal. If we get melee back in there.... then all is good. Moblin make sure u come to my smashfest.

Lawkk make sure you come to my tournament too, so i can help u out.

MK. II you live in the springs? where at? we should get together and play sometime.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
ha. Thats cool with me. Ill do some melee tournies i suppose. We just gotta get more ppl willing to do them at ccct first. CCCT is the ultimate goal. If we get melee back in there.... then all is good. Moblin make sure u come to my smashfest.

Lawkk make sure you come to my tournament too, so i can help u out.

MK. II you live in the springs? where at? we should get together and play sometime.
I live pretty close to Academy and Austin Bluffs. I'd be up for playing any time. I'm pretty awful at Melee though, you'd have to teach me some stuff. : D

Here's my number: 719-963-7653. Just call if you want to play.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You should come to Texas sometime. It would be fun. :)
Isn't Texas going to No Koast? I vaguely remember Dojo was featured to go or something...

I'm aiming for that at the moment.

Underload

Lazy
Reasons why I don't play Melee:

1. I'm a lot younger than any of the Melee regulars
2. I have no ride...ever
3. I don't want to pick up a fighter 8 years into its metagame
4. There isn't a lot of support coming from the regulars. I can't improve if I can't get a friendly with someone good / get advice from someone after a match
</johns>

Also, meleemarth, good stuff for trying to revive our Melee scene.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I wanna know, why do any of you guys even bother with brawl? its absolutely terrible. I remember when i tried it online with my friend tan and there was like a 1 sec delay. Apart from that, its so bad. Brawl is like that melee mode where everything is slowed down.
Which character do you play in Melee and try at Brawl? Marth?
Heavy/laggy characters from melee really got the raw deal. I've mained Link in all 3 SSBs, and Link plays totally different in Brawl.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
johns about not mming me in his game after saying I suck

stuff

Do you remember how this started? UL said he wanted a capture card to make a combo video. You told him Brawl combo videos are stupid. I said they are better than Melee ones because to me, comboing in a comboless game is much more impressive. I know Melee combos were often not automatic and involved tech-chasing, but I don't care. Brawl combos don't even really exist. In my mind, that's impressive and in your mind, melee is much more impressive. I don't care.
Yeah, I'll do it.

But let's make it more risky for you, too. I want your capture card in addition to the $50 if I win. Not the ****ty one, either.

You man enough to do it, still?

Brawl combos are only the other person ****ing up repeatedly. That's why Brawl combo videos are ****. That's why Brawl is ****. That and a million other reasons.

So yeah

If you want to do 5 matches, I want you to toss the good capture card on top of it. If you're still down, cool. For $50 w/o the capture, I'll play you for 3 rounds. Anything beyond that is a waste of time for me.

Other terms:

Neutral stages

1 ban each

Sound good?

To make it better, I won't even practice Melee. I haven't played in a month or two. Let's see if you can take a stock off without me getting back into shape.

You down for it, or are you realizing that you're about to give me stuff for free?

Also, using "sandbagging" johns against anyone that you can't 3/jv3 stock consistently is lame. Don't come to a fest if you aren't going to play seriously. That's why Tim keeps stomping your face in come tourney time. I'm just sayin', you play this game pretty frequently, and he's off playing BB instead of Brawl, but he still wins. Either there's something HORRIBLY wrong with your game, or you just suck. No offense to Tim, but seriously, has anyone aside from Flux and Dave beaten him outta you guys?

^
Don't start that **** in this thread. I'm ****ing serious.
Victor's a vet, and waaaaaaay more of an asset to CO smash than pretty much anyone that's posted in this thread. Rafa's the only other one that I can think of that really gave our scene the push it needed like Victor did.

So yeah, even if he's talking crap about your game, step the **** down.

Best of 3, one ban, counter picks. Sound good?

And the brawl game sounds good too. Hopefully I'll be able to win my money back from the Melee loss. : D

Same terms?
jaja, sounds good. Same rules for Barwl. :D

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Zomg getting hot in here

So anybody have psps? if so MONSTER HUNTER GOGOGOGO!

But seriously, I have saturday and sunday off, which never happens, anyone wanna try and get something together this weekend huhuhuhuh? (preferably melee and BB but brawl is cool too i guess)

Underload

Lazy
Oh man Tony's grubbin' for that money now.

Random ranting:

I never wanted to make a combo video, I just wanted to record matches with good quality (= capture card). And I don't really want DTL's capture card to keep, I just want use it until I get some matches of myself up. After that, I can buy my own from Best Buy (because I don't like mooching off of other people, it makes me feel kinda guilty.)

But honestly, that whole "Brawl has no combos" argument is getting really STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE. I'll just say that you're **** ignorant if you diss Brawl and its players (pretty much to their faces) while having only limited knowledge of the game (Tony) and same thing goes to DTL for Melee.

One more random statement: I stated my reasons for not being terribly interested in Melee. I'll friendly anyone who wants to play, but there's a zero to none chance that the Melee players will take the time to go to a fest and play lower-skilled players, soooooo, in the end it's really a lost cause.

Edit 2: Why can we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be frieeeeeeeeeends?

Edit 3: Victor is pretty much the only sane person out of everyone in this state

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I am going by your original deal. $50 on my $50. Stop trying to change it. No capture card involved. I'm not claiming manliness...

You're being a pretty big ****...I must've really offended you...somehow...
Also, I wasn't sandbagging against Dave nor did I claim I was. I sandbagged against UL because I was mad at him for always kicking me off of my own wii. I didn't feel he earned any real matches.

I'll say whatever I want about what meleemarth said.

This is the last post directed to you where I will treat you with dignity. From this point on, either treat me the same back or be blocked. Your choice.

edit: **** UL, you beat me...
But what you said about me: I NEVER insulted melee. All I said was that I liked brawl vids more because in melee, there actually were real combos. I'm more impressed by brawl vids. I have always acknowledged how much time and skill melee takes and that I lack the time/ skill/ interest. I NEVER insulted melee; I simply defended brawl.

Underload

Lazy
Paragraph 1: K

Paragraph 2: Tony is just stressed out.

Paragraph 2.5: You sandbag against me because I want to play the person sitting next to you because I haven't played or talked to them in a long time? (Dave and Zajice) Your logic stinks and your attitude reeks even more. I don't whine when I get kicked off of a TV.

Paragraph 3: Dude I entered this smash scene this past February, and I have respect for the guys who started this whole scene. You should too.

Paragraph 4: You're trying to sound civil and intelligent but you just come off as a snob.

Paragraph 5: Liar

*crosses fingers for flame war*

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
*rejects flame war*

1: k

2: k

2.5: You think you somehow have the right to get first game on my Wii every time I set it up. It gets annoying, but I'm not going to fight you over it. As Dekar would say, MM?

3: I seem to get along fine with meleemarf. You insulted him more that I did. Check your posts.

4: I'm coming off that way because I'm right and I know it. That's the truth.

5: I <3 watching Melee. I <3 Melee players. I dislike playing melee. I dislike melee players that complain about brawl. I have never showed anything else.

Underload

Lazy
Still lying through your teeth / fingers.

I played 3 games against Dave / Zajice before I left to watch Melee / BB / other Brawl matches. You blow things way out of proportion if they can potentially benefit you.

I never insulted meleemarth. You're just being defensive, and in turn trying to get some kind of blame on me.

Go ahead and block Tony on Smashboards, see what that will change. You're still coming off as snobby.

Liar

edit: 9 AM start tomorrow, yaaaaay

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Paragraph 3: Dude I entered this smash scene this past February, and I have respect for the guys who started this whole scene. You should too.

This.

oh and

I ****ing hate brawl. I only play it because of Ganon.

Not because of fanboyism, but because he actually has legitimate combos and it's badass to play him.

But he still sucks

Tim beats me all the time :( I never even get to play someone without tons and tons of Ganon exp

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I don't blow things out of proportion. I simply said you somehow have right to first game. I never specified quantity. That's wrong and you know it.

You did not specifically insult mm. You did, however, say you have something against people who judge brawl based on wifi, alluding to him. I however told him not to bring up a certain subject. This sound snobbish? It should.

It will change something if I block him; I won't have to run into internet conflict with him. He's a cool guy and his internet rage surely won't carry over to real life. He's better than that.

Liar?

Show me one actual lie.

Also, I still need your address. PM me.

Underload

Lazy
Two fests. Three games. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Oh wow, so that's what you meant by that? Nice job nitpicking, I suppose. I guess you skipped the part where I gave him props about trying to breathe life back into the CO Melee scene.

Tony's like a video game sage, it's a good idea to listen to him and what he has to say. But go ahead, no one's stopping you.

The first one I called you out on.

4774 South Coors Ct., Morrison, CO 80465, don't send swine. I'll send the card back in like two weeks or so.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It does upset me that you feel you can act like that. Call it waaa if you want. Not my problem. Also, you did it at the last CC tournament. waaa

I clearly won this point. I haven't been mean to him and I plan on attending his fest. I don't get why you're hung up on this point.

Since Tony is a video game sage that we should listen to, we should all quit brawl?

What first one...I haven't lied...

Send it back whenever. I have another one. You don't really even have to send it back.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Video Games suck. They are a waste of time. Go get laid, if you can.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We don't care how flexible you are. You have to get laid by a girl, and not your own mouth.

Underload

Lazy
I'd spend more time arguing but I've wasted like 2 1/2 hours of potential sleep time debating pointless **** with one of the most sarcastic people I've ever encountered

I'll take the hate tomorrow

goodnight, quillife, getfriends

edit: adding Sinz to my mental list of most awesome people ever...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Odd tidbid: I actually can reach...I used to be in gymnastics and Karate improves the hell out of flexibility...I choose not to though...

Peter: U mad?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
No...seriously...I considered it one, but that would I sucked a guys ****...
Actually, I would be da boss after sucking my own ****.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sinz > You guys(not including Tony. He is too sexy for me. I wish.)

Top Bottom