• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Cutthroat stuff.

So that WAS meno's brother I saw today, I wasn't sure, and he didn't seem to recognize me so I didn't try. Yeah, NDK's game room was worse this year.

So Meno, you're still in for AZ this weekend, right? Would you rather leave really early friday, or sometime late thursday and crash in NM for the eve?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So that WAS meno's brother I saw today, I wasn't sure, and he didn't seem to recognize me so I didn't try. Yeah, NDK's game room was worse this year.

So Meno, you're still in for AZ this weekend, right? Would you rather leave really early friday, or sometime late thursday and crash in NM for the eve?
Ha, I'm amused.

So, Arizona is looking good for me - I'm getting some cash too.

Ooo, and now we might be running into some scheduling problems. I have classes on both Thursday and Friday. On Friday I'm done at by 3:20 though - with an hour drive to Denver, I can be at your house by 4:30. Too late?

Ravin

Smash Lord
NDK :D

Great to see tim, Tony, Ryyu and Nite again, as well as his Girlfriend I can never remember. Yang, stop playing MvC2. You are shaming everyone who stepped near you. Good to see you again Greg also.

Sorry I could stay, Lotus got really sick and we actually ended up leaving at 8am this sunday to get home. I missed the RE photoshoot as well as the tounry.

Who won?

Also, Thanks for the fun times again. Ill hopefully be back in Denver before another year.

What about this Springs tounry I am hearing about?

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Cutthroat stuff.

What about this Springs tounry I am hearing about?
How is Meno's brother doing with his Ness? :D

And the Springs tourney is at the UCCS gym this Saturday. They have not specified a time yet though...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Well, to be able to go with NM, we'd need to be IN alb by 2pm friday. I thought you didn't have class friday, crud. This may be a doomed idea, as we'd either have to spend much more on gas than I had calculated, or you'd miss class, and neither seems like a good plan.

Oh, and Meno's brother was winning in the FFAs where he used Ness, so I was happy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just drive all night to tucson, thats what we are doing. :/

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hurr, this isn't looking good. Well, I have three classes on Friday - if I skip my last one, I'm done at 1PM and can be at your house by 2PM...? And I need more cash?

The return trip suddenly realized itself again? :p

And my bro's actually dabbling in Kirby as well. He thinks bair is terrible.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
No, I calculated pretty spot on for the entire trip if we meet up with the NM guys and then go from 2 people to 5 people splitting gas. If we can't do that, then the budget goes to hell. Oh well, I suppose we'll just have to make it next time.

And tell your brother that Bacon says the bair is awesome. And good job at NDK.

Ravin

Smash Lord
http://coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatPromoGaming.php is the tourney in question.

If Meno and Tim could stop being lame and stay in-state, make money, and help our scene instead of driving 12 hours to a tourney where they'll only accomplish wasting time, gas, and money, then we'd probably get decent attendance.

I'm just being negative, chill chill. Have fun in AZ, etc etc.
that doesnt tell me anything

ontop of the link to it on the UCCS doesnt work either, so you might want to let DFG know they might not even remember about it. Considering UCCS staff is like that.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
that doesnt tell me anything

ontop of the link to it on the UCCS doesnt work either, so you might want to let DFG know they might not even remember about it. Considering UCCS staff is like that.
in finals it was nite and I vs tim and jammal. We won with double snake vs wario/falco, it was 5 stock 10 min 1 game. i'll never stop playing marvel

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ah well, maybe I'll just save money for that Kansas tournament.

And oh, along with my prize money from this coming weekend in the Springs.

And tell your brother that Bacon says the bair is awesome. And good job at NDK.
He will take this as law - there will also probably be some squealing.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll inform NM of the sad news that we won't be going.

Oh, and at the springs tourney if you take your bro, get him to learn kirby stuff from Bees/Josiah. Definitely best Kirby in the state, I was impressed with his improvement since when I last played him.

MK.II

Smash Rookie

Aw, dammit. You guys are going to take away my first tourney victory.

Oh, and at the springs tourney if you take your bro, get him to learn kirby stuff from Bees/Josiah. Definitely best Kirby in the state, I was impressed with his improvement since when I last played him.
Josiah is getting pretty good. Last I played him he beat me with Kirby about 40 percent of the time.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Aw, dammit. You guys are going to take away my first tourney victory.

Josiah is getting pretty good. Last I played him he beat me with Kirby about 40 percent of the time.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
in finals it was nite and I vs tim and jammal. We won with double snake vs wario/falco, it was 5 stock 10 min 1 game. i'll never stop playing marvel
wtf Jamaal is playing smash again?

So, I can't decide what to tell my parents to get for my birthday. Presents, or just cash.

If I tell them to just get me a few gifts, then they'll sure as hell not buy any video games or Fightpads, the latter of which I deperately need. On the bright side, I get a violin :D

Orrrr just get like 200-300$ in cash that I can spend on whatever. But no violin :(

The predicament of a spoiled American teenager :p

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Get $100 and half a violin!

And Jamaal plays in free team tourneys at places he'll be anyway when I need a teammate.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno, Skip all the classes. It's not bad unless you have missed a bunch of others/make a habit of it.
As much as I'd love too, I have to keep my priorities straight. I can't start skipping school for Smash - I couldn't stand for it.

T

talarq

I'll be there if my car is happy.
Spence, I'll come down around 6 or 7 on Friday. Let's get some BB/brawl practice in!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and in case anyone forgot during the summer, I'm usually down to play games at my house. Just call/text/im me if you want to ever.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Yeah...I'm definitely the best Tink in state...bring up the lulzy dittos again...I dare you...not really though....
OMG I wanna play someone...Someone drive here NAO!!!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Swizzle has the best TL in the state.

Also, I've got some gamestop cash left, anyone getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2? Looks pretty sweet, but I needs people to play with.

Top Bottom