• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to check how many posts a person has in a thread and can't figure it out. :U

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nevermind. Just figured it out.

InterimOfZeal 1,810
spiritdragon 1,617
Timotee 1,614
YangFuShang 893
El_LoVo 749
Brown NITE 720
the Marronator 671
Demolisho 667
Ryyudo 610
meleemarth 578
Mikezor 567
Bloshi 549
Underload 524
MoblinMan 430
Zajice 412

15th place.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
who's going to ndk and WHEN you going to ndk? like all friday/sat/sun? whos going?

so yeah i pretty much WoW 24/7 cause hell im paying for a game every month might as well play the **** out it

also mikez if you read this aside from WoW the main reason im not on vent is cause ever since i stopped going i stopped d/cing from the internet, i had ONE disconnect 2 days ago but aside from that it's been smooth

i am also moving soon, about a week from now to westminster. im posting about it here because im wondering who might live close so that idk we can do **** or w/e maybe have a smashfest or 2 depending on the house(i havent seen it but my parents say it has a big basement like 4 rooms or some ****)

and later on when i find another job ill work towards getting that 360(which i kept saying i wanted to buy) ESPECIALLY since they're like dirt cheap now? i dont like having to pay for WoW and XBL tho so ill probably only one or the other unless i get the skills to pay the bills.

really really want to play blazblue especially with all the talk about it. and yeah, i pretty much want to play a slayer like character basically a sheik like character, do whatever i want and still win then later on ill pick up every other character

ferdi edit since i havent done it in a while: is there a way for me to give moderator status for the competitive colorado crew social group? i dont really ever check this board anymore so it'd be kinda bad if i dont reply to someone trying to join or something as i've had people like zajice and stuff request to join but i dont accept it until like a month later.

same with AiB if anyone even uses it still, i dont even know what it looks like anymore and i dont really want to go there but if there's a way to give mod status for the groups tell me about it preferably in a PM because like i said i dont check this site very often anymore and having a PM notice would help a lot instead of having to read through a lot of stuff i dont need.

meanwhile ill try to figure it out myself

double ferdi edit: apparently you can put pictures in the social groups here, so if anyone wants me put up pics of the scene or stuff which would probably attract more people to the scene itself(not necessarily have to be smash) send them over in a PM or some **** and ill put it up if i cant find a way to give mod status to the group. like for example didnt we take a group pic over at david's? david send that **** over or something

triple ferdi: i did not watch 9 instead i looked at cirno image dumps all day cause she is the strongest and its our one and only anniversary as the next 9 get is 9/9/99 which i will probably be dead by then

also, i do not watch movies in general because in a few months that **** is torrentable in dvd/blu-ray quality

**** i posted a lot, at least i tried my best not to make it a wall-o-text, like that haku men **** a few pages back, did not even start reading it because it was a wall-o-text

Ravin

Smash Lord
When did you play WoW?

What server you on?

And Im going all three days. Should be there at about noon.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Aww I wish I was going to NDK :( though college is too good. Don't think there are smash players too close to me, but I've been secretly training by drinking mango juice every day.

PS I'll post those pictures when I'm back in town

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
p.s. anyone know rafa's phone #? i need to call his mexican ***!
PM Master Targus Targus. It's Erg's account, and he can give you Rafa/his.

If they don't get back to you in a couple days, I'll pm you the number.

lololololoolol we brought BB instead of Smash today at school. Everybody now mains the ice car. It's good practice for Moblin.

I can deal with typical ice car/C mashing but I can't seem to deal with "smart" ice car Jins very well. I mean the ones that can't really combo, but actually look for openings to ice car or try to make them. It's either I win or I don't. It all depends on how well I stay on them and avoid getting C mashed while doing so.

I think it's a decent measurement. Obviously you have to win to get higher levels, so unless you're really lame and purposely pick fights with people who suck just for levels, it should be somewhat reflective of how good you are.

I just never underestimate low levels since they might have just started online but have ***** everybody offline.

Also, I'm 10x better than I was when we played at the davefest, but you'll probably still be able to destroy me. I just might not get perfected anymore.

And I still need to add you guys. "timotee is me" and "IzzyInfamous" right? I saw them for about 3 seconds on Moblin's sexbox so I'm clarifying.

Wow. Lot's of BB talk coming from me on here lately. >_>
Yeah, I'm IzzyInfamous.

Level is really not a good indicator. It just shows that they play a lot. There are a LOT of bad people on XBL, so it's not hard to win more than you lose after you learn the basics. Look at win percentage+level+disconnect #, and that can give you a basic idea of their level.

For "smart" ice car spammers, stick to low recovery moves, and bait the ice car. Jump around a lot and block. Eventually, they'll either srk or ice car. Block, punish, repeat. :D!

And yeah Zaj, Timotee is me..
Out of context, this post is hilarious.

My history teacher has a student teacher with her that's been raving about ndk. I find it very strange.

Edit:
TAUNT COMBOS ARE SO HARD OMG. FFFFFFFFFFFF
But they're also really really good.

really? that's weird. and she treats us like little ****ing kids, too.

I'd love to learn to get good at melee, but Tony is over it and he was like, the main driver for the melee scene.
I'll still play it, and I'll still help others get better. I'm just content with my level of skill currently, and until something happens to change that, I'm not gonna be practicing anymore. You can't just completely quit melee, it's too good.

Though BB seriously plays like it.

is the video game room not gonna be 24/7?
Nope, they're gay.

I have $46k I hafta get together in the next couple weeks, so MM might hafta wait, unless you wanna do a ******* IOU match.

I'll be at NDK at least friday/sat. Prolly longer, since that Carl will be there. I ~might~ stay all night/day, but it depends on what's fun.

You should definitely get into BB ASAP. Look into Rachel, V-13, and Jin. I think they'll all kinda fit your playstyle, and they all do pretty swell damage. Jin's damage output is slightly less and he has less room to freestyle, but he makes up for it by being quick to pick up and VERY solid in basic/poke play. :D

Aww I wish I was going to NDK :( though college is too good. Don't think there are smash players too close to me, but I've been secretly training by drinking mango juice every day.

PS I'll post those pictures when I'm back in town
:D :D :D

Don't disappear like Bloshi did.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah i need to pick up bb badly since i have the god **** game but i've been busy with work/school, i'll be at ndk on saturday and possibly sunday probably around 10 am on sat.

oh yeah i found the video game room hours.

Video Gaming Room
Friday: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

so yeah seems kinda pointless to go on friday, well if ur just going mainly for games like me.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
yang lets walk around in the thing again buying like 2 things after 4 hours

my highly anticipated "9" review

good qualities: unique concept, toy story 3 trailer

bad qualities: no character development, 75 minute film for full price

btw ferdi and yang should get on vent more often and play bb

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My drive card says I have 4 incomplete games. 3 are because of Moblin. >_>

1 is because I had to answer the door for the pizza guy mid match. lol

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
"incomplete?" wtf does that mean?

and I can't play BB until I either get it returned or buy a new one. I lost the receipt, is it still possible to get it replaced?

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
so like I might go tomorrow and buy the 3 day pass, cus i got tomorrow and sunday off and i really wanna play with pplz again. BB and smash gonna be there in game room? what else?

**** friday is only 6-9 game room that sucks, well I guess i'll go like sunday then maybe friday i'll go for convention too though we'll see, I has psp and ds soooo yaaaa.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
yeah i need to pick up bb badly since i have the god **** game but i've been busy with work/school, i'll be at ndk on saturday and possibly sunday probably around 10 am on sat.

oh yeah i found the video game room hours.

Video Gaming Room
Friday: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

so yeah seems kinda pointless to go on friday, well if ur just going mainly for games like me.
We can work on some BB this weekend, if you want. Also, play some Marvel, because I seriously lost interest since I have no one to play nearish my skill level. D:

Who do you wanna play in BB?

"incomplete?" wtf does that mean?

and I can't play BB until I either get it returned or buy a new one. I lost the receipt, is it still possible to get it replaced?
Means he disconnected. Or someone did, anyway.

Somtimes. Just try different locations until someone okays it. Target and Wal-Mart are good, too. Though if you can tell them when you got it, you'll have an easier time.

--

Also, for anyone interested in REALLY learning BB, we have a Cali player coming down to NDK. Rejoice!

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if ducker.3000 is coming, then maybe he can talk some more **** and duck some more and maybe on top of that challenge duc in mvc2 then duck that then duck stuff being thrown at him all while eating peking duck.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Means he disconnected. Or someone did, anyway.

lol. I might have rage quit after he picked Jin or Nu. But you know that rage is like being hung over, you can't really remember what made you so angry in the first place because you were like a blind hulking beast.

Anyway I'll call the Gamestop I got it from today and see what I need to do.

edit: nice yang

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if ducker.3000 is coming, then maybe he can talk some more **** and duck some more and maybe on top of that challenge duc in mvc2 then duck that then duck stuff being thrown at him all while eating peking duck.
HAHAHAHAHA, I forgot about that guy! Man, I hope he's there, that'll be good times.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Gifted by NASA is pretty good. So is Drunkship of Lanterns by Mars Volta. Not my favourites, but they're pretty easy to listen to.

I approve of this post harder than diamonds.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
well i might go tomorrow, **** everybody in brawl! so dtl if you wanna come just let me know and ill most likely pick you up but i already have a partner for the doubles tournament!!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Bumblebee Tuna by Mephiskapheles, Mikezor.

I'm heading to NDK shortly, then probably going to Halfro's if people wanna go with me.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I approve of this post harder than diamonds.
don't you mean dragonforce, harder than diamonds? :D

favorite song? too many but i've been listening to doujin bands play touhou songs as of late

but kalafina's sprinter is always good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgXz8CF8mU&feature=PlayList&p=AFBEDDE97EE80CE7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

cause you know, shiki is OLEV

actually, how about some slap chop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

seriously you can remix anything if you're good enough haha

ferdi edit: more TAS melee pichu vs 5 lv9 no dmg, 5 man edgeguard incoming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mZn4asGX0

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I love these things so much.

Also, I'm gonna try and make Moblin's dad gimme a ride to NDK so I can play vidya gaemz.

I'll try not to rage at the annoying anime crazy fantards.

Edit: Totally a maybe n00b question.

What does DP stand for in BB jargon?
fixed.

Also BB combos are effing hard, especially with the 360 controller. I'm looking for a fight pad or something as we speak.

Underload

Lazy
I know DP stands for Dragon Punch...

So, probably a move that lasts a long time and has invincibility, like Ryu's shoryuken.

EDIT: Holy crap I'm right O_O

Dragon Punch - A nickname for Ken & Ryu's uppercut from Street Fighter 2. It now generally refers to any move which is invincible from the start, all the way until when it hits. (Abbrev: DP)

Top Bottom