• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I'm getting a little better I think. I still can't complete all my combos when I land them, but I seem to actually be able to start them now. And I'm doing pretty well with the mixups and stuff.

I got a straight victory against a level 50 Noel that could combo like a beast and landed a couple 30 hit combos on me but I still won even though the majority of my combos weren't completed.

The ending was pretty epic though. Noel activated her super with the giant gun and I did Tao's "Imma beat the crap outa you!" super, so I jumped right over it and on top of her for the win.

Oh noes! And zaj, way to find a video that's like 2 months old! I'm so proud of you.
Who cares how old it is? Bang got Astral'd to his own theme song. ):

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
ZAJ

STOP PLAYING COMPUTERS, DAMMIT!

PLAY ON XBL OR WITH REAL PEOPLE!

Sheesh.

Also, I learned Carl's Nirvanaless loop on Tager today. It's too much fun, freestyling 4k without having to call my big sister for help.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Finally done with my homework. I hope everyone in the scene is doing okay.

My BB disk got scratched up something nasty, not even sure what happened to it, but now it's got a huge circlular scrape in the center going around the bottom of the disk. Think I can return it if it's still under warranty?

oh and so it won't run past the title screen now

wheeee psych tests and projects tomorrow

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like your xbox fell over or got moved while it was on. Should be able to get a replacement under warranty.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, pretty sure it's because you moved it/xbawks fell while reading the disc. You should be able to return it. I did the same with L4D.

Sorry I wasn't answering anything today, Tim. My life started falling apart at about 10:30. D:

Watcha need help with? Just swapping in your JLF and some of the sanwa buttons, or doing what I did and completely gutting it, albeit prettier and with the necessary wires to have all the buttons work?

Level 50 player on XBL I meant.

I refuse to even practice on computers. I've seen what that does to people.
Oh. Good man.

Play me sometime.

Also, grats on beating someone high level, but don't use level as a standard of measurement. I've double-perfected level 60s before, and I've still got a looooooooooooooong way to go. On the flipside, I've also been ***** horribly by a level 13 or so.

Ya, I did the same to a level 51 Noel main, except the difference is that I completed every single one of my combos :)
MM this weekend? Maybe I can use the money I take from you to MM Yang with in Marvel at PIF.

EDIT:

Almost forgot the reason I decided to post before bed!

9 was really fun to watch. I think it was good, too. Will see again with pretty much whoever.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
You mean district 9? I love that movie.

and ****, I do recall moving the xbox a lot. I sit really close to my big screen and sort of use my xbox as a foot rest. And I get really excited when playing Nazi zombies/BB.

So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
^
Game and Watch biased reporting right here. And for the stick I need to know about swapping the buttons/stick. Did you take the wires with them, or what?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hey yo guys, i cant seem to find this @$@#$@# thread. I go to regional zones, then to southwest, and i dont see it. Oh well ill manage. This forums changed a lot. Anyways, Im gonna be coming to tournaments if you guys can keep me posted on the dates. As long as i get a 2 weeks notice, ill should be able to make it. The main reason why im starting to play again is cuz i have some friends who wanna get into it. Im just gonna be in it for the fun and to see all you guys again. Anyways, when is the next melee meet or tournament? i really wanna come let me know guys. If there is one coming soon. Someone can either email me or call me to let me know that there is one. Heres my email ssbmindgamer@msn.com I check it daily so jsut let me know guys.

I did not quit because of some thing called supasami hahaha. Nah, i quit cuz it was getting old. Ferdi was becoming a beast and the game wasnt as fun as when i had started. There wasnt anything fun to do. Now that I can drive, im sure things will be different. Just let me know tho, cant wait to see all you old guys again. Not only that, i cant wait to meet some of you new guys. It'll be fun to see where the skill level is at in Colorado!

p.s. anyone know rafa's phone #? i need to call his mexican ***!

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
mmm i wanna play some melee realll soon cus i haven't played that in forever... speaking of which, where's nite these days

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
tony i dunno if i'll be able to make it to pif now but i'll for sure be at ndk, get that 5$ son, go sell some candy or some ****. Victor ndk is this weekend and i think their will be melee, other than that we don't have melee tournaments anymore cause the scene is so small.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
lololololoolol we brought BB instead of Smash today at school. Everybody now mains the ice car. It's good practice for Moblin.

I can deal with typical ice car/C mashing but I can't seem to deal with "smart" ice car Jins very well. I mean the ones that can't really combo, but actually look for openings to ice car or try to make them. It's either I win or I don't. It all depends on how well I stay on them and avoid getting C mashed while doing so.

Oh. Good man.

Play me sometime.

Also, grats on beating someone high level, but don't use level as a standard of measurement. I've double-perfected level 60s before, and I've still got a looooooooooooooong way to go. On the flipside, I've also been ***** horribly by a level 13 or so.
I think it's a decent measurement. Obviously you have to win to get higher levels, so unless you're really lame and purposely pick fights with people who suck just for levels, it should be somewhat reflective of how good you are.

I just never underestimate low levels since they might have just started online but have ***** everybody offline.

Also, I'm 10x better than I was when we played at the davefest, but you'll probably still be able to destroy me. I just might not get perfected anymore.

And I still need to add you guys. "timotee is me" and "IzzyInfamous" right? I saw them for about 3 seconds on Moblin's sexbox so I'm clarifying.

Wow. Lot's of BB talk coming from me on here lately. >_>

Rizen

Smash Legend
Smashfests?

Hey yo guys, i cant seem to find this @$@#$@# thread. I go to regional zones, then to southwest, and i dont see it. Oh well ill manage. This forums changed a lot. Anyways, Im gonna be coming to tournaments if you guys can keep me posted on the dates.
I have the exact same problem. Where is this thread?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, any smash fests are usually in this thread. You guys just have to remember to go to the Southwest Social Board after going to Regionals.

And yeah Zaj, Timotee is me.

Edit: Brawl will be there, it'll be a teams tourney, and freeplay ffa the rest of the time.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah, apparently I'm not allowed to use those downloaded extra colors if I use my hard drive on somebody else's xbox... >_>

It'll say "Checking downloaded content" blahblahblah when I press start at the first screen but then they don't show up in the actual game.

You could just subscribe and click from your User CP.
This makes things way easier.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My history teacher has a student teacher with her that's been raving about ndk. I find it very strange.

Edit:
TAUNT COMBOS ARE SO HARD OMG. FFFFFFFFFFFF

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
really? that's weird. and she treats us like little ****ing kids, too.

I'd love to learn to get good at melee, but Tony is over it and he was like, the main driver for the melee scene.

protip: Zaj never checks his cellphone for texts.

Top Bottom