• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
<3 colorado smash scene zomg. Having the random urge to buy a cube n melee again...

Lawkk pm me about the stick nucka

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
I probably wont be pming you until mid october bout it lol cause thats when I aint busy son. Feel free to sell by then if you want I dun care.

Tony do you think you could also make custom artwork for a hori/custom stick? =)

Edit: Also is anyone capable of teaching me CvS2 cause I have it on ps2 but never played xD

Underload

Lazy
F*ck you Flux. We were freakin' waiting for you and Meno ALL DAY.

About the fest...SOOOOO FUN. Giving up Melee for BlazBlue after what Tony said about it being near impossible to get to be even alright so late in the metagame. Chipotle was great, awesome to talk with Mike and Jamaal (two guys I don't really see that often).

Got a little bit more drive to play Diddy after I saw that I could go even with DTL, uhh...what else.

Really just BlazBlue and Diddy. My Snake started doing pretty well when I started legitimately camping (which I didn't do at ALL against Dave, and I looked like a fool while doing it).

I love Colorado as a gaming community. Oh, and, now for the self-hate:

My haircut made me look like a total douchebag, my stuffy nose and sore throat made me sound like Gilbert Godfrey while chokin' on a ****, aaaaaannnnd my play was kinda weak because I hadn't practiced Brawl for days in favor of Melee and other stuff. GGs everybody, GGs, especially you Mike. Givin' me some BB practice ;)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't go because I hate all of you.

Present for Tim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAl-Y7aRRQ&feature=related

Also, there's only one reason I hate Hakumen.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come. I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come."

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Shame on anyone that says they play Brawl and didn't show up. There were almost more people that didn't play Brawl that were there than Brawl players.

I probably wont be pming you until mid october bout it lol cause thats when I aint busy son. Feel free to sell by then if you want I dun care.

Tony do you think you could also make custom artwork for a hori/custom stick? =)

Edit: Also is anyone capable of teaching me CvS2 cause I have it on ps2 but never played xD
Yeah, I can do that really easily. Depends on how nice you want it, but most people that make sticks just laminate an image and stick adhesive on the back. I think Kinko's does something called Lami-label, which is the same as what Hori uses to "decorate" their sticks.

I could teach you like... 2 things in CvS2. Don't bother learning it seriously. It's pretty much dead, and it's VERY tight with timing. Like... so tight that Rock's basic BnBs all involve 2 frame links. Some of them use 1 frame BnBs. Aaaaaaand that's why I stopped playing that game.

Well, that and just how ******** roll-canceling it.

I'll play friendlies in it anytime, though. I've forgotten pretty much everything, tho. D:

About the fest...SOOOOO FUN. Giving up Melee for BlazBlue after what Tony said about it being near impossible to get to be even alright so late in the metagame. Chipotle was great, awesome to talk with Mike and Jamaal (two guys I don't really see that often).

I love Colorado as a gaming community. Oh, and, now for the self-hate:

My haircut made me look like a total douchebag, my stuffy nose and sore throat made me sound like Gilbert Godfrey while chokin' on a ****, aaaaaannnnd my play was kinda weak because I hadn't practiced Brawl for days in favor of Melee and other stuff. GGs everybody, GGs, especially you Mike. Givin' me some BB practice ;)
Again, it's nothing against you or any newcomers. If you LOOOOOVE Melee, I'll teach you as much as you're willing to learn. You'll just have to accept that either you won't really be getting big tournaments, or you'll have to find some way to draw the Melee players outta hiding.

Get a hat like mine, and bad haircuts are no more!

Gilbert Godfrey is tiiiight.

---

Jaaaaaaaaaamz - is getting to be more fun to play now that I know Litchi isn't super-safe with everything ever. Can't wait to play you once you have your controller and A game back on track! Can't wait to play you period, really.

Tiiiiiiim - Is making Bang more interesting to watch. Keep it up. I ~think~ you started avoiding airgrabs better, but I'm not really sure. Everyone got airgrabbed a billion times. D:

Mikezor - You need to come to more gatherings. It's nice having you around to be loud with and trash talk and stuff. Also, thanks for the Chipotle. I'll getcha next time I has teh monies. >insert money joke here

P - Go to dustloop.com once you get Blazblue. Also, I'd recommend getting an arcade stick ASAP if you're legitimately serious about learning. Hell, you could go to DL now and start reading up on terminology and basics. Seriously look at matches and combo videos to see who looks the most fun to you.

D - Man, hormones are rockin' your world. *****, boobs, everything ever. Dun worry about me being harsh with you, I'm just jealous.

Da - Your GaW sucks. Gonna miss yooooooooou! Kinda, anyway.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Thanks for the gathering, Tim. It's been a long time since I've been that satisfied with a day spent on games. Look for the sequel, where I actually start looping people!

ohwait

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sorry, I had to watch Finding Nemo with my family.

Tim! Arizona! So, assuming I don't get a job with a bad schedule, I have the time, the will, but possibly not the money. How much would you suggest I bring if I tag along?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Finding Nemo's emotional experience takes much longer than 11 hours, Tony. THEY ALMOST DIE!

And for AZ...hard to say, gas from alb to az and back to alb will be cheaper because we'll be carpooling with nm. They're thinking about $70 for their budgets, so ours wouldn't pass $100. Hopefully. Also, what's your car's gas mileage like? =D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ooo, $100 for gas+tourney+food? That's really not bad.

My car's not bad, I think it's like ~20 miles per gallon.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Sorry, Peter. Your Diddy can't go even with my Tink at all. You beat me once out of five games...No johns, I know, but the last game I was just pivot walking to Ftilt...I have the replay if you want it...Your Snake is good. Stick to him and perfect him instead. Diddy sucks my ****.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
So blazblue is good eh?...

hmm

*ponders in a corner*

ps3 the only system it can be played on? and how much are ps2 to 360/ps3 splitters?
Also, now that i have a really flexible job and only 2 classes this semester i really wanna try and get to a fest sometime --;
thinkin about getting a ps3 as well...obviously

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nope, it's on 360. Get it on whichever system you want, but all us smashers have it on 360.

There's no such thing as a ps2>x360 converter. You have to take apart a 360 PCB and do some soldering and shiz to do it.

If'n you wants, I could do it for yooooou!

For PS3, get a Pelican adapter.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
I could have sworn dfg or one of those guilty gear guys ALLITERATION ROFL THANKS FOR THE LESSON IN HIGHSCHOOL said that I could split my ps2 stick to either 360 ps3 or both with a certain adapter that I could just order

Basically thats really what i need to figure out cus if i cant get the stick to 360 i have to get a ps3 =/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nope. You're mistaken.

Also, if you want to make it a dual-system stick, you can do it for less than $40. Don't let the stick decide which system you get.

Also, PSN online play has some problems.

Underload

Lazy
Last stock, 150+ percent every game seems pretty even to me seeing as I haven't pulled out Diddy in tourney for upwards of 6 months. And the one match I won was a 2 stock, and you weren't really messing around, no johns.

Gonna study some dustloop.com shiz when I get back from school.

@Tony: Melee's kinda fun, but I know right now that I'll have no drive to play it if there's no tournies at all. And hats are low tier, I look bad in them. Didn't you see me trying on the Tim-esque rainbow hat earlier in the day?

@Flux:
# November
* 14th - Ranbat 3

# December
* 10th - Holiday Bash

Be at one of those?

@Meno: No johns?

@Zajjjjjj: It could be ANY character!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh hi sinz, it's crackin like ....uh.... quackin?

And tony, get on msn or something, I has questions about transferring good parts to the bad stick.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Technically, the hat you had was part of my Ness cosplay, which I can now never do again.

Sidenote: I talked to Damon from Gameon today, it looks like their next tourney will include Smash, Blazblue, and SF4. So it should be awesome times!

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
even if you were sandbagging why would you? i know its only friendlies but theres always talk about how our brawl scene is dieing and we have people sandbagging and not trying in doubles when you should be at least trying and finding ways to improve your game.

just look at the supercon results, i got 3rd, which i didn't have an easy bracket! i beat goldenglove, and ky and domo who got 4th and 5th.

and our next highest ranking person whos not even in colorado anymore was flux who got 7th, and he got like 2 hours of sleep and was taking naps during the whole event

so idk what im trying to say, well im sorry that i cant contribute that much either, i cant travel out of state and make it to most tournaments because of school and work and my parents hate me playing brawl anyways

MK.II

Smash Rookie
even if you were sandbagging why would you? i know its only friendlies but theres always talk about how our brawl scene is dieing and we have people sandbagging and not trying in doubles when you should be at least trying and finding ways to improve your game.

just look at the supercon results, i got 3rd, which i didn't have an easy bracket! i beat goldenglove, and ky and domo who got 4th and 5th.

and our next highest ranking person whos not even in colorado anymore was flux who got 7th, and he got like 2 hours of sleep and was taking naps during the whole event

so idk what im trying to say, well im sorry that i cant contribute that much either, i cant travel out of state and make it to most tournaments because of school and work and my parents hate me playing brawl anyways

Supercon had hard brackets, for sure.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tim. I have bad news. About your hat.

I was on a date last night, and I brought the hat because it matched. And the girl. SHE.

Took the purple off. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Top Bottom