• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
My gamer tag is timoteeisme

But moblin says xbox live claims I don't exist, so leave yours here and I'll add ya when I add moblin.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I will be back soon friends.

I went to a Vegas Weekly today, got 2nd out of 11 <__<

Was alot of fun, this scene is amazing here. I will see all of you soon!

And Lucas is my twin ^_^

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Who out of the CO smashers is down to travel with Tim to the land of holy crap AZ sucks and is too hot? Sept. 19th, Brawl confirmed (not sure about Melee, but it should be there :O)
I'm interested - but I'm still figuring out my time/money situation. Gimmi like a week or two.

Fluxus "I hate Lucas."
Me "Why?"
Fluxus "Because he looks like me!"
lololololololol

This is amazing.

@Tim - I don't really get it, but I support tournaments. So, yes.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much: Do we want our league to be both smashes, or do we want separate leagues for brawl and melee? The way it is, you can do both without paying more, which should encourage cross-over play, and make our scene bigger/better.

Caracolcannon and Ultramoblin, any other names I need to add? Zaj? Bueller?

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I will be back soon friends.

I went to a Vegas Weekly today, got 2nd out of 11 <__< Lost in close matches to Leo who is ranked 3rd here <_<

Was alot of fun, this scene is amazing here. I will see all of you soon! I'm going to a SoCal tourney in september too which will be fun.

And Lucas is my twin ^_^

korgoth

Smash Rookie
where the **** have u been brian
I've been wondering the same thing myself.

But really i just got busy and most people lived too far away for me to chill with. I moved up to FoCo now though. I'll be back in Centennial around christmas and i probably wont have a job or **** to do so we should hang out sometime.

I play brawl, blazblue and sc4, just give me a day if you want to play :)
ight man sounds good. I just play brawl anymore. I'd probably be down for some time this weekend.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
actually, I don't think I'd even come if it was just Brawl.

Set some TV's with melee, maybe BlazBlue up and I'll join a Brawl tournament.

My TV weighs a freakin' ton, but I'll bring it if I have to. There's also a mini-plasma screen that's about 15 pounds. But it's my mom's.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Really if we wanted a tournament we could just host one, nobody new would enter they would see us play then take there money back
They can't take their money back. They pay it at the beginning of the league. It's a league, not just a tournament. Plus, they'll be there for Brawl, anyway. Why not have Melee?

actually, I don't think I'd even come if it was just Brawl.

Set some TV's with melee, maybe BlazBlue up and I'll join a Brawl tournament.

My TV weighs a freakin' ton, but I'll bring it if I have to. There's also a mini-plasma screen that's about 15 pounds. But it's my mom's.
Pretty much this. I'm not likely to enter a Brawl league. BB+Melee? Hell yeah. I might even be willing to join a MvC2 league.

People other than Tim need to play meeee! Fighting Bang is boooooooooooring, even with Tim's random stupid ideas. I needs to nom other characters on something other than ranked.

Why is there no good ladder for BB? =(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
There will probably be a BB league, ask Recon. The place opens tomorrow, so I'm probably gonna go check it out.

And you haven't played me in like a week tony, I've got new pressure strings and loops. You could always log on for the Danger Room sessions too...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's still boring. Every Bang is boring to fight.

Here's the flowchart:

Block his stuff>Nirvana pressure>looped to death

or

Get hit by his stuff>block his stuff>nirvana pressure>looped to death

or

Zone with srk+allegretto until he runs out of shurikens>whatever>looped to death

OR

Be ********>get hit a buncha times> try and wake-up pressure a scrubby one>get hit by wake-up super>REBEL 2>whatever>looped to death

---

Joking aside, even if you're better, you're not the only Bang I fight. He's just a boring character to fight with Carl. Either I block proper and win, or I don't and either win or lose. Doesn't help that I have unblockables, either. =(

Watching Bang fight is a different story. As long as they aren't ******** and throw out guard points randomly, just so they can get hit anyway because someone does low and high in one pressure string, anyway. =(

Shuriken combos are tight, too.

I do need to get in on Danger Room, but it's during Mom and Ed's "Let's play champions of norrath offline in the living room" prime time, apparently. It's on Fridays, right? Maybe I can talk them into doing something else.

What time are you checking the place out?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

We need to play sumdat Marvel together. I haven't played in a week+ cuz I has no one to plaaaaay. Please, I want to practice soz I can beat you in our MM, so play me and motivate meeeeeeeee. :D:!

EDIT:

Also, Tim, I don't use online play to judge ur skillz. I'm normally baked beyond belief when playing you, jamz, or recon. That's also why I normally don't have the headset on. Is soz I can play you guize online without getting rage at dropping simple stuff cuz of laaaaaaaagzzzzzz. I might hafta stop soon, what with school and all. But yeah, I dun think I'm better than you/anyone else.

Except Goryus. That guy is easy-mode.

EDIT 2:

The league will be nice. I just want a way to play good players for each character. =(

EDIT 3:

Details on Dave's going away tournament, soz I can update first post with them/try to talk people into coming?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Checking Gaming Stasis sometime after 6, that's when recon said he'd get there. Dunno exacts.

I was just more referencing that we don't really play online often, I think we've played twice. Who the heck is Goryus?

To play good people: play ranked, when you play a good person, send a friend request and a message. Magic!

And I use online to rate your skill! It smells! And dangah room is thursday, it says so in the danger room thread.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
you guys should see me and Zajice play, it follows a flow chart too:

1. Hakumen vs. Taokaka, hakumen wins.

2. Hakumen vs. Taokaka, Taoakaka wins.

3. Zaj picks Nu even though he won the last game, but just wants to be an *** because the 360 controller won't let him activate his supers.

4. I get *****

5. I pick another high tier character and spam more noobish moves

6. He picks Jin and spams ice car, and freeze specials and ***** me for 20 minutes, until

7. Hakumen vs. Taokaka again.

fun fun fun

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Are those.. Miniature steaks that are on top of that pizza?

edit: Hamburgers. Regardless, I'm in

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'd make one, but not eat it. Ewwwww...

Checking Gaming Stasis sometime after 6, that's when recon said he'd get there. Dunno exacts.

I was just more referencing that we don't really play online often, I think we've played twice. Who the heck is Goryus?

To play good people: play ranked, when you play a good person, send a friend request and a message. Magic!
I forgot that I hafta hit up Greg after I finish donating. I'll message you if'n I can go.

Goryus is the really good Nu that *****. :D

There aren't many good people on Ranked. I can beat/take rounds from the 7th "best" Carl player consistently, and that's without looping.

But yeah, I need to message+friend people more. Need to find people worth doing that against first, though. =(

Any really AMAZING people you've come across, Tim?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I've come across...2 people that were excellent, but I don't recall their names. One was a Bang, another was Arakune. The bang really showed me some tricks, got to play him like 6 times. The arakune I played once, and it was just brutal. Dive attack - RC - Teleport - grab to get the cloud on me whether I break or not - pain.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
EDIT 3:

Details on Dave's going away tournament, soz I can update first post with them/try to talk people into coming?
Yes!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, needed to confirm some things >_>

The tourney will be this saturday, and will probably start around 2.

I need people to bring TVs/setups. I will be running both melee and a brawl tournaments (assuming enough people actually show, but considering how many have shown interest that shouldn't be a problem).

Entrance fee TBD, but I'm thinking around $5.

We'll probably order pizza too!

People can bring other games than smash if they wish, but they will have to bring their own setups.

Address: 1755 View Point Rd Boulder Co, 80305

Sorry for the short notice, but I do leave in 9 days, so I hope everyone can make it :D

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Yes!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, needed to confirm some things >_>

The tourney will be this saturday, and will probably start around 2.

I need people to bring TVs/setups. I will be running both melee and a brawl tournaments (assuming enough people actually show, but considering how many have shown interest that shouldn't be a problem).

Entrance fee TBD, but I'm thinking around $5.

We'll probably order pizza too!

People can bring other games than smash if they wish, but they will have to bring their own setups.

Address: 1755 View Point Rd Boulder Co, 80305

Sorry for the short notice, but I do leave in 9 days, so I hope everyone can make it :D
Ok soooooooo, how many people plan on coming, and how many people plan on entering for Melee?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna show up and bring some be laze baloo with me

Also, did you want to go to stasis gaming with me today tony?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Underload, is that the moose from Zim?

Oh and BlazBlue is interfering with my smashboards life.

Me and Moblin's BB sessions changed a bit.

1. Taokaka vs Hakumen. Tao wins with extremely simple drive loops that's usually only get half finished cause I fail.

2. Taokaka vs Hakumen. Tao wins with lots of 236a.

3. Taokaka vs Hakumen. Tao gets ***** by the C button and that move that stuns you.

4. Taokaka vs Hakumen 10 more times. Random wins with Tao winning most of them.

5. Nu vs Hakumen cause I need Nu work. Random wins for about 10 rounds.

6. I pick random characters and try to Astral. Usually end up losing.

The score was like 12:3 last night until I started Astraling. Then it went up to about 18:18.

Astrals suck.

Top Bottom