• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Here's some updates from Moblin!

I'm basically 70% going to Pound 4. As long as I have good grades, my parents are going to be willing to fund the whole trip.

Since I have an old childhood friend in MD, I might be taking a detour and see if I can get her to hang out or something. If all goes well, she'll be coming back with me and we'll go get married in the Amish country together. yeeeeeeaaah. lol

No but really, I'm going to Pound 4 lol

Also, I had to take apart a piano, throw all the pieces away, and carry a washing machine up a few flights of stairs, but I finally got BlazBlue!!!!

I put timoteeisme into the friend adder, but it said it didn't exist. Is it case-sensitive or something Tim? and I need to get a stick.

T

talarq

119 on that game. For some reason it was easier to do wasd with my right hand and arrows with the left. Strange.
edit: nevermind, just did it normally right after and got 156

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
****ing asian reflexes.

Timoteeisme shouldn't be case sensitive. What's your xbl and I'll try to add it to my friends?

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
****ing asian reflexes.

Timoteeisme shouldn't be case sensitive. What's your xbl and I'll try to add it to my friends?
Ultramoblin = GT. I'm gonna try to unlock the story mode for Hakumen tomorrow, then I'm gonna start on my competetivity-ness.

along with the 2 hours of homework I was assigned on Friday....

MK.II

Smash Rookie
That livestream was intense.

Awesome that ADHD won though. Diddy is tooooo goooooood. haha.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Until he just camps you. Just like every matchup for ganon!

Then you start smack-talking him.

"C'mon... you really need to CAMP to beat Ganon?"

Then they're like alright. I guess I can just go the regular route of glide tossing bananas ----> dash attack shield pressure. Then you jump over both and thunderstorm them.

Mindgames.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Also, I had to take apart a piano, throw all the pieces away, and carry a washing machine up a few flights of stairs, but I finally got BlazBlue!!!!

I put timoteeisme into the friend adder, but it said it didn't exist. Is it case-sensitive or something Tim? and I need to get a stick.
That's a lot of work for $60. Least you know the value of a dollar. :D!

Add me!

IzzyInfamous

I went camping. It was boring.

inb4brawljokes
You obviously went camping with the wrong group.

inb4ne1thinksiwanttocampwiththem

Dekar173

Justice Man
Who out of the CO smashers is down to travel with Tim to the land of holy crap AZ sucks and is too hot? Sept. 19th, Brawl confirmed (not sure about Melee, but it should be there :O)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to come but it better be big, bigger than 19 people like the one new mexico held that we traveled to
We? I don't recall any Daves, only a David! I'm on to your trickeries!

Also, the venue WAS rented out Sunday, even though pete thought it wasn't, gotta wait for another day he's working there.

And I'm in the top 400 bangs now, only 300 wins from being in the top 10.

Dekar173

Justice Man
We? I don't recall any Daves, only a David! I'm on to your trickeries!

Also, the venue WAS rented out Sunday, even though pete thought it wasn't, gotta wait for another day he's working there.

And I'm in the top 400 bangs now, only 300 wins from being in the top 10.
XD I want to see you win Evo2k10! Or else.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I am the batman to your voltron linked claims.

And yeah, Peter is the only person that thinks we suck. Everyone else doesn't think we exist.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Man, that was too good when Flux was ranting about Lucas.

ALSO, I just talked to Recon about Stasis Gaming. They're looking at doing a league for smash, not monthlies. The league would run for 3 or 4 months, buy-in would be $50. They're looking at 1st place getting about a grand. There will also be pro and amateur brackets for the leagues. Certain people exempt from amateur already, but after each league, the top 3 would move up to pro. Amateurs would get small prizes with the same buyin, because only pros get paid (Recon said it not me)

There are a couple of things he wants me to try to clear up with the community. One is that they only have high def TVs there, which lack component cable connections. So we'll need to supply TVs/Wiis, business as usual. Supplying both will probably get a kickback of some kind. I figure this won't be an issue.

What they really need to know is: If there are both melee and brawl, how should it be handled? $50 gets you into both leagues, and the leagues split the pot? Recon doesn't want to force people to put down $100 towards this every 3 months, so I need to know feelings on it. If they share the pot, you'd be paying $50 for either game anyway, so you don't lose anything by being entered in both. The game with more entrants might feel a bit cheated, but if people find out that they could win big in melee and there were only 10 entrants the first time, things might balance out pretty quickly. With separate pots, you're less likely to get people trying both, which means less chance for community growth.

So think about it, and everyone put their input. Tony, if you could mention this to the mexicans that'd be awesome, and if someone could tell ferdi/kenny/jeris so we can get their input too, that'd be great.

Underload

Lazy
They're looking at 1st place getting about a grand.
*drools*

I really, really, really miss Flux. He was so funny ;'(

As for other business...50 dollars looks steep at first, but it covers 3 months, and it costs about the same if not more to enter two Cutthroat tournies. And that could get you into both Melee and Brawl, soooooo, the more you think about it the better of a deal this is.

How often would they have tournies?

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
lol i meant we as in coloradoans! were linked as one! O.o
Rep that nair to up-b trap

Man, that was too good when Flux was ranting about Lucas.

ALSO, I just talked to Recon about Stasis Gaming. They're looking at doing a league for smash, not monthlies. The league would run for 3 or 4 months, buy-in would be $50. They're looking at 1st place getting about a grand. There will also be pro and amateur brackets for the leagues. Certain people exempt from amateur already, but after each league, the top 3 would move up to pro. Amateurs would get small prizes with the same buyin, because only pros get paid (Recon said it not me)

There are a couple of things he wants me to try to clear up with the community. One is that they only have high def TVs there, which lack component cable connections. So we'll need to supply TVs/Wiis, business as usual. Supplying both will probably get a kickback of some kind. I figure this won't be an issue.

What they really need to know is: If there are both melee and brawl, how should it be handled? $50 gets you into both leagues, and the leagues split the pot? Recon doesn't want to force people to put down $100 towards this every 3 months, so I need to know feelings on it. If they share the pot, you'd be paying $50 for either game anyway, so you don't lose anything by being entered in both. The game with more entrants might feel a bit cheated, but if people find out that they could win big in melee and there were only 10 entrants the first time, things might balance out pretty quickly. With separate pots, you're less likely to get people trying both, which means less chance for community growth.

So think about it, and everyone put their input. Tony, if you could mention this to the mexicans that'd be awesome, and if someone could tell ferdi/kenny/jeris so we can get their input too, that'd be great.
50 for both cause as of now people are split between melee and brawl. Maybe it can get mixed or we become all melee/brawl lololol

Also who is already kicked out of the amateur league for curiositys sake.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I think 50 dollars for both is a good idea. More likely community growth, yes?

Top Bottom