• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been stuck without internets for a few days, so I spent it all just playing moar Blazblue. I've had it for like 4 days so far.

Then I had to go to a college orientation thing at the college my step mom is going to for I forget why. I just played Blazblue with the video game club.

I actually beat people.

WTF.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Playing any 'fighting' game competitively will give you a leg up in playing others competitively. You understand spacing, timing, and punishment better than you did before. They understand that pushing buttons makes cool things happen. Do you have live? I'm timoteeisme on live.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Playing any 'fighting' game competitively will give you a leg up in playing others competitively. You understand spacing, timing, and punishment better than you did before. They understand that pushing buttons makes cool things happen. Do you have live? I'm timoteeisme on live.
I lol'd hard at that.

You'll never guess what my live name is. I don't think imma start doing any real matches till I finish story and unlock people's astrals and stuff though.

Plus I still need to study Tao's combos. I know none. I just do what seems to work at the moment.

And I haven't had many problems with the sexbox controller yet. I don't get what people are bawwing about. It ain't THAT bad.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hehe. Good point.

Too bad I can't assign whatever I want to that right stick. It'd probably make things easier.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah. Or you could actually learn the motions.

Though xpad is terrible. D:

But yeaaaaaaaaaaah

Story mode+Astral heats is a waste of time if you want to work on actually getting good. Is fine for funsies, though.

But srsly, unlocking astral heats is nothing but a waste of time. D:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm leaving to Greeley for college tomorrow morning. :D

NorCo - Where top Brawl players are made!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm going to check the venue place on Friday. Anyone wanna go with? No idea on time.

But another thing came up, www.stasisgaming.net Recon is involved with this, gonna talk to him and maybe we'll have things there. Dunno.

Underload

Lazy
O man, Tim putting in the work to secure us some tournaments.

If we had Cutthroat, GameOn, Stasis, and our own monthlies, then I think we would be set. :)

Also, Meno and Dave are going to...University of Northern Colorado...?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played BB with Moblin a bunch today.

I learned that Tao vs Hakumen is really really gay. He can kill me in like 2 hits, and I have to hit him like 9001 times.

Either that or I just suck hardcore.

And I have to unlock all the junk because I must 100% everything because I'm a perfectionist.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
you just suck, your character is high tier! Plus you need to do taunt combos, as her taunt increases combo damage.

Whereas he has to wait for stars to even be a threat to you.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
you just suck, your character is high tier! Plus you need to do taunt combos, as her taunt increases combo damage.

Whereas he has to wait for stars to even be a threat to you.
HAHA told ya.

btw Tim, what's the best way to approach with hockey-man?

oh yeah I have Blazblue now, so add me on el live: Ultramoblin = GT. meanwhile, I'm going to dustloop to learn more about my main.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Probably j.c or j.2c, not really sure, better to watch hakumen vids, or ask Don.

Just look at it like this Zaj: when he's trying to hit you, what overhead options does he have when he's low on stars? jumping moves. So just block low and watch for an opening to either get out, or tech a throw. Sure, even at high end he only needs 2 combos, while tao will need 4 to win, but tao can make those openings much more easily.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/ Go here and read the Guilty Gear 100(Intro) topics. They'll cover things along those lines. j usually means a jump, so j.c would be your jumping strong attack. j.2c would be your jumping attack where you press down and c. Get used to the notation, it will help learn all the combos.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I knew I sucked! This is not news to me. I dunno how to combo for crap. Need to lern comboz. I'm hating the sexbox controller a little more now while doing this...

But at least I know what j.c and junk means.

I thought Tao was low tier though. >_>

except he doesn't know how to block flying heavy slashes. lololololololol

get *****
What are you talking about? I can block those just fine. You can't however. *ice cars*

Edit:
I love Tao's taunt combos so much. Taunting for an attack is amazing.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
according to the sbo thread I was reading through, she was 5th on the last tier list. And the list was split 3 in top, 2 in high, 4 in mid, 3 in low.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I spent a few minutes on a hakumen guide, and this is the move that took off the majority of zaj's life bar:

j.C: The scrubhammer move of Hakumen, he does a big slash in the air all around him. It is fairly slow with a 14F startup, but has a huge hitbox and usually a good damage payoff on counter hit. Also shares the attributes of the other C moves for autoguarding projectiles. Good for ending air combos and using it in the middle of other combos.

hmmmmm. No wonder...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That move is so easy to dodge/block but you kept comboing into it or something... WHY WAS I GETTING ***** SO HARD BY THAT MOVE?

It made me sad... **** you Moblin.

At least I still 3-0'd you multiple times today.

Edit:
Wait, nevermind. I was thinking of that destruction move. I'm dumb.

j.C didn't **** me that hard today... wtf...

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
basically I just air dashed into your head and spammed some kind of J.c or J.6c lol (did I type that right?)

also,

Hit Stun / Untechable Timing
The amount of time of hit stun and air untechable during a combo decreases with each hit of the combo. Moves with high proration point in character move data decrease the hit stun and air untechable timing notably that makes the following move difficult or impossible to connect. In addition, every frame in hit stun increases 100 proration point.

Hit Stun reduction on ground = (Proration Point of the attack in a combo - 25000) / 3600 (F)

Untechable Timing reduction in air = (Proration Point of the attack in a combo - 16000) / 3600 (F)

what a cool system. it becomes harder and harder to follow up as the combo is extended.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It worked against Nu pretty **** well because I only know how to do stuff from far away. Up close, I'm ****ed. I just mash C till you go away.

And I agree, BB has an awesome system.

Edit:
I AM SUCH A NOOB AT THIS GAME IT HURTS.

I wish I got more into GG before BB.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

5 is the stick in neutral position, and the numbers are done assuming you're facing right.

That diagram is just more helpful, imo.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
It worked against Nu pretty **** well because I only know how to do stuff from far away. Up close, I'm ****ed. I just mash C till you go away.

And I agree, BB has an awesome system.

Edit:
I AM SUCH A NOOB AT THIS GAME IT HURTS.

I wish I got more into GG before BB.
yeah same here, i have GG:AC for the wii because that's all i thought i needed T.T

OH WELL.

going to bed so I can walk 2 hours to get my hard drive/connector cables.

edit: and yeah, I am learning that he gets pressured like a *****... I'll just have to experiment and get IB'ing and advance-something or other down so I can break some of those pressure strings.

Also, Tony, we need to get your cello tuned.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hi CO!

Just thought I'd stop in and say sup

altough I already said hi so maybe I should just go...

Oh yeah you guys should go to Pound 4

Missed you Melee guys at Genesis :(

Need Tony's epic **** talking down there.

Peace

EDIT:

Oh yeah maybe you guys should change your thread name considering half didnt show that weekend and the Brawl players that came got wrecked pretty badly (still <3 you guys tho. Timotee teamed with Z man was nothing short of amazing lol)

Top Bottom