• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Underload

Lazy
When is this Marvel MM going down? If it happens to be during a fest (for whatever ungodly reason) I wanna play :)

I want Bang tips just because he's my theoretical BB main.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hi CO!

Just thought I'd stop in and say sup

altough I already said hi so maybe I should just go...

Oh yeah you guys should go to Pound 4

Missed you Melee guys at Genesis :(

Need Tony's epic **** talking down there.

Peace

EDIT:

Oh yeah maybe you guys should change your thread name considering half didnt show that weekend and the Brawl players that came got wrecked pretty badly (still <3 you guys tho. Timotee teamed with Z man was nothing short of amazing lol)
Get into BB and get on XBL. Then we can play each other all year round!

...Or at least for a month or two longer.

I would just like to point out that tony never invites me to beat up on the mexicans in BB =(
Most the time, I dun really know that we're gonna be playing until last-minute.

Also, the only one you want to play is Erg. Heibrahi says he wants to get better, but given the circumstances, I don't really think he'll be able to any time soon. I dunno, though. Maybe he'll actually want to practice for real sometime soon.

But yeah, Erg's Taokaka is annoying as hell to fight. Can't sleep while you're playing him, or he'll pull off some stupid BS that shouldn't count.

And you should really pick a secondary for vs Carl. Seriously. I don't like fighting Bang anymore because all you have to do is mess up once, and it's gg. Maybe 2-4 times if'n it's on XBL and laaaaaaaaaaaaag makes me drop everything ever. Either that, or you can get everything ever down as far as combos and approaches go, and we can just sit down and try to drill this match-up into you.

Couple things, though:

You have a REALLY bad habit of doing absolutely nothing when you're doing an oki throw. What I mean by this is that you'll knock someone down, then run up, stop, wait, and THEN grab them. It makes teching any grabs that aren't in the corner REALLY easy. Teching grabs in the corner is a ***** on my T.V., since I don't really get to see everything.

Your standard breaking point before giving up on just pressuring is 2-3 loops. I don't know if this is a limitation of the character, or what, but if you don't grab me immediately after the first loop, I know to just keep blocking, and everything will be fine. Or to jump straight up and mash j.a/airgrab. Be careful about jumping too much. Maybe learn some different pressure strings, so that I don't block the same exact way every time? Tick throw at ******** moments, too. Just because people can break something in theory doesn't mean they will. If you're mixing in highs, lows, and the occasional frametrap, I'm pretty **** likely to eat a throw.

Every time I get you in the throw loop, you should look at Nirvana's health, relative to your own. Bang takes a LOT of Nirvana meter to kill. I mean a LOT. If you're at full health and I've got less than 3/4 Nirvana meter, don't tech a single grab. You'll survive, I think. Teching just gets you killed, unless you plan to burst. Granted, teching online might be a better idea, since I drop everything ever then, but yeah.

Also, decide whether you're going to camp me the entire round or not. Don't switch between the two, because that's when I normally get you. I can wait forever for someone to lose patience and rush me down. If you make me wait forever and I lose by time out, you still won, amirite? And if you have the life lead, try to keep it that way. Do NOT throw out moves and hope they hit. I'll normally sit around and wait for you to guardpoint, and then just do a low into mad damage. Don't let me.

Madd props on RCing the super to avoid getting ***** by mine, but it was a pretty big waste of meter. A FLASHY AS HELL ONE, but still... there are better ways to punish me being stupid. Nail super, if it's near the end of the round?

EDIT:

lo3 initiated.

bo3

rt2?

best of 3 is clearly the victor.
Race sounds more like frantic. I'm used to Bo3, but race sounds pretty tight. Especially since it's Marvel.

---

I think Yang got scurred.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Just throwing this out.

Whoever references that JWong comeback at any moment possible pisses the **** out of me. Especially if they don't know how to play 2dfighters

T

talarq

So I just picked up BB for PS3 this morning luckily. No more copies 40 miles within Fort Collins :\ What are the best sites to look up techs and such? I'd like to get competitive fast. At the moment I'm liking Noel, Rachel and Jin; not exactly sure who I'm gonna main yet.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh man, SilentSpectre SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

And I loved how some guy was referencing MAHVEL BABY throughout the whole thing.
This:

Just throwing this out.

Whoever references that JWong comeback at any moment possible pisses the **** out of me. Especially if they don't know how to play 2dfighters
---

well tony its up to u i mean....do u want it quick and painless(bo5) or slow and painful(FT5/10)
Bo5. I don't want to spend too much time taking/giving money.

When are we doin' this, btw? Also, locked teams, or counter-picking allowed?

EDIT:

Didn't get a chance to, going tomorrow since I have a wedding to go to later today.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
This:

---

Bo5. I don't want to spend too much time taking/giving money.

When are we doin' this, btw? Also, locked teams, or counter-picking allowed?

EDIT:

At PIF or if we meet sometime before then and its up to u where or not u wanna lock or counter. Oh wait we could do it at stasis gaming sept 4?

T

talarq

Thanks for the links Tim. Started working on Noel's basic combo stuff :D
Anyone planning a BB/Smashfest anytime soon?

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Taking apart a piano into small enough pieces to recycle is more than likely the hardest ****ing thing I've ever had to do in my life

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, I think so. Northern Colorado has a lot of our good players.

Meno and Dave are in Greeley (?), a few more are in Ft. Collins for college (I think?), and farther south there's DTL.

T

talarq

is there a smash scene up in ft collins at all? i moved up there so now i'm even farther away from anyone =((((
I think I'm the only one in Fort Collins who plays smash competitively. I haven't seen anyone else from FoCo at the tournies :( But if you wanna play just hit me up.

Underload

Lazy
I'm confused as to where people are when.

I thought ZeroXMachine lived in Fort Collins, too. Or maybe he just got there extra early for the NorCo fest that day.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I used to not believe it, but now I'm thoroughly convinced that women are better at multi-tasking than males in general.

I got 82.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Yes, I'm thinking about having a "good bye" tourney next weekend. It's not confirmed yet but likely. There will be both a brawl and melee tournament, assuming we actually can get some attendance

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno and Dave are in Greeley (?), a few more are in Ft. Collins for college (I think?), and farther south there's DTL.
Yep, plus Lunchmeat and... uhh, Lunchmeat's friend and me are all living on the same floor!

EDIT: Tournament sounds awesome. I'll try to be there, but I'll see what my schedule is like by then.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
ET would be lunchmeat's teammate, is that the guy?

Also, I got 81 on first try while drunk =/

ALSO, who wants to go to that AZ tourney next month, melee and brawl?

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
I can go to Davefest next weekend and probrably bring a few friends too lol

Edit: Omg I'm like terribad at multitasking. Need moar speedrun games

Top Bottom