• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
W-what. Falcon. HOW COULD THEY CALL HIM THAT?! BLASPHEMY IS WHAT THAT IS!

Hmm so yea. I don't think we'll be able to have any conversation without it be incredibly silly for the next few days. Also

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Happy April Fools day to everyone here.... that's if you can handle the music.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

(PLZ HELP ME. I'M TRAPPED BY MY OWN FREE WILL D: )

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
ITS GONE.
ITS ALL GONE! ;~;
Man that was cool though. A shame they took a way the filters after a day. It seems like they put alotta effort into this april fools.

mmm so guys have you played any good pikachus?
He was my first character when I was, ya know, scrubby and thought thunder and yoshi's egg roll were really good. I rushed in with F-airs and D-airs and grabs and punished everything with D-smash~! But I dropped after fighting really good players and finding out "wow this stuff is really punishable". After a super long wait and watching alot of esam vids I came back to him. I zoned hard with T-bolt's, alot of planking and advance tecs I just picked up. I learned all his spacing moves and never rushed in, just waited for times to swoop in a get grabs and d-tilts into cool combos and what not.

Soooo heres the main question. Is pikachu suppose to zone hard and wait to punish things? It feels right, like a feel real confident playing as him, but I never played any real good players with him. I play extremely gay as him, it feels totally diffrent from playing snake or yoshi, but I just think smarter when I play him.

So, is pikachu suppose to play really camp-ish like and patient like that? I'm sorry, i'm phrasing this really awkwardly. ._.

Bees!

Smash Ace
All I know about Pika is that ftilt is pretty good and Pikas recovery and aerial game is amazing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh yea! Very! Its unpunishable in the air if your opponents in the air as well, and damn good for planking and ledgegaurding.

But the way I was using it. Ha. If you've seen wifi pikachu's you'll know it can be used incredibly wrong. Like, spamming it any time someone comes near you, or hopping thunder twards someone. ._. I used D-smash wrong alot too. Like doing it ANY time someones in my comfort zone, but I learned how punishable it is even if it is fast. Its still a good move though for punishing.

Oooh and yea, F-tilts great. in fact all his tilts are cool.. U-tilt is good OOS and combos into U-tilts~! I like his D-tilt the best though. Its such a good spacing and punishing move~! I use to grab all the time OOS, but i've been using that and U-tilt now. F-tilt last longer then D-tilt so it can punish some spotdodges and stuff~!

And his recoveries is rediiiculous~! I use his mobility for planking, and flying under and around stages.

Err sorry i'm rambling here. ^^; Just cool. I feel like I found a character that I understand fairly well now~! Any tips or help would be really good for me though, because ya know, I can't be sure on my opinion alone. That and we need some brawl talk on this brawl forum ya know? =p

Oh also pikachus adorable~! <3

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ya! I used to want to secondary Pikachu (Meno shut up!)
I sorta know a little. But most of it is in practice knowledge

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ya! I used to want to secondary Pikachu (Meno shut up!)
I sorta know a little. But most of it is in practice knowledge
yea same here. Pikachu is fantabulous in theory, but I havn't used him against anyone ya know? We should pika ditto sometime bees~! :D No matter how badly we suck as pika. We'll get better threw experience.

Pika+CG= very hard to counter pick a good stage vs him (her?)(it?!).
Ooh yea, pikas grab game is amazing. Even if you can't D-throw chaingrab em, F-throw to D-throw to u-tilt to Up air to up air to nair is awesome. Pika's a natural comboer~!

I like to think pika's a dood. Ya know, I relate better that way with my character. Not like you can tell anyways. ._. The daykeepers in the game don't even know... "We don't know where the egg came from"

I just assume since pokemon don't have anything like that, they reproduce threw...FRIENDSHIP and an egg magically appears~! :D

Bees!

Smash Ace
I like Kirby vs Pika. Its a little floaty ball avoiding electric surges and playing the waiting game. ROB vs Pika is pretty much SH nAir and tilts=Pikachu cannot get in easily. Its funny when pika players don't know how to get around the range. ^^

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
melee pikachu's ftilt is like 87654324567654x better than brawl's.

inb4 because it's melee.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't care what people wrote, pika ftilt is great, in brawl or meleee, mmatch??!?!
Pardon this man, he is incredibly (INCREDIBLY) wasted.

But he's right. Pika/Pichu ftilt is pretty much one of the best moves ever. It beats Samus upb clean in Melee.

I came back here to ask something, but I forgot what it was. :((((((

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Orite, has anyone here ever heard of "Broly Legs"? He claims he was top 5 in TX in SSBM, and is the best in the Valley area at Brawl, but I've never even heard of him in those games.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ha, you saw that interview too? =p Yea, I was wondering if he really was top brawl player there as well. I mean no disrespect, but i never heard of the dood until that interview. Anywho all I could find out was that he's a marth main in brawl and the only brawl vids of him in action are way back in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7EIPAeqok&feature=related

EDIT: Heres on of him vs mikehaze in marth dittos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GUfZiqhU3w&feature=related

He mighta been the best in the valley, but probably along time ago when the game first came out. I can't find anything recent about him. Wonder if he dropped smash. D:

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Orite, has anyone here ever heard of "Broly Legs"? He claims he was top 5 in TX in SSBM, and is the best in the Valley area at Brawl, but I've never even heard of him in those games.
When I heard that claim too, I was wondering myself. Did some research. Didn't find munch.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
he has some matches of him playing dark rain. But the way I look at it a lot of people are like i've never heard of this guy and stuff. Well the truth is that people arent experts in each state, people only know the big names and if a person in top 5 in the state like say in colorado, i'm sure most people would have no idea who a person is. I watched some of his videos and hes definitely legit and hes an extremely good player. I could take him in marth dittos though but thats not what matters. Truth of the matter is most people don't know the top 5 players from most states so i'm not really surprised a lot people don't know him. I actually remember ferdi mentioning him a long time ago but I forgot about it

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ha, you saw that interview too? =p Yea, I was wondering if he really was top brawl player there as well. I mean no disrespect, but i never heard of the dood until that interview. Anywho all I could find out was that he's a marth main in brawl and the only brawl vids of him in action are way back in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7EIPAeqok&feature=related

EDIT: Heres on of him vs mikehaze in marth dittos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GUfZiqhU3w&feature=related

He mighta been the best in the valley, but probably along time ago when the game first came out. I can't find anything recent about him. Wonder if he dropped smash. D:
Holy ****, I didn't see one ~ or !

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
oh damn that guy is hella old, here's the video of him playing darkrain, you also get to see him play the game with his mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lljog39Ta0c&feature=related

anyways yea he was good but at a certain point someone i think it was M2K figured out a way to pretty much beat him every single time, i think it was just grabbing him all the ****ing time since he couldnt wavedash, he could only space with dashdances and jumps

i think kenny would know more about him but i do remember this guy like, 6 years ago

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
He could probably wavedash with a modified controller.

Which imo, he should be allowed to use.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Cool stuff. Wasn't sure if he was actually good, or if it was like when SF players said Jwong was good at Smash and that he won things like Evo. lmao.

Seems like a pretty cool guy, then.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Eww I hope nobody was doing the 1 hand & penis playing. They should probably wipe off their controller before doing that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I enjoyed it until jimmy fallon started singing.

also colbert can actually sing ... wtf

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I enjoyed it until jimmy fallon started singing.

also colbert can actually sing ... wtf
been listening to it all night long while I write a religion paper thats due tomorrow morning at 8 am. =/ Only halfway there! So I think its been on repeat for 9 hours.

Top Bottom