• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Steam

Smash Hero
Nah, Marth and Oli are our worst matchups. Close though ;D

Tbh I have more trouble with Wolf than anyone else non MK/Snake.
ESAM would disagree with you :L

and 2.0 is cools. Lucario seems like hella fun. but he's hard and I think if I put time into him I'll like try to grab in midair with sideB offstage to finish combos in vBrawl and die.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
pikachu was my first legitimate main i used in tournament.

just keep saying that, you might convince yourself eventually.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
I always thought marth vs pikachu was in Marth's favor, but the matchup was no were near broken. With marth i always had trouble zoning pikachu because he is so short u have to come closer than comfortable to space fair properly. Idk maybe i just played the matchup wrong, but i kinda agree w/ the bbr listing it as +1 for marth. Tbh i prefer ROB vs pika over marth vs pika

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
and wolf was my first legitimate main...
Not surprising.
That's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
and i mean huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
step up from lucario though.

And just so we're clear on how huge i am talking about, i'm going to present a few representations with imagery:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Just a heads up, I think i'm dieing. I was watching dragon ball z and had the oddest urge to work out. Sadly I'm still not able to shoot a kamehameha. Sheesh....I don't feel like moving at all now. Like...I just passed out on the ground for half an hour. Ow.. I forget i'm not a super human sometimes.

Spelt. I'm proud to be in the same state as you. <3 Lotsa love!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sorry, double post. You get too see my adorable icon twice. C:

Oh also about brawl minus 2, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx1k_6B6QYU

Falcon Kick, to Knee. I wish they had cool stuff like that in real brawl. Whats funny is they said stratedgys won't revolve around using the same move over and over again, yet half the combos found already are just that. Yeeee theorycrafting~!

I've yet to have a look ze myself though.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just a heads up, I think i'm dieing. I was watching dragon ball z and had the oddest urge to work out. Sadly I'm still not able to shoot a kamehameha. Sheesh....I don't feel like moving at all now. Like...I just passed out on the ground for half an hour. Ow.. I forget i'm not a super human sometimes.

Spelt. I'm proud to be in the same state as you. <3 Lotsa love!
This is the funniest thing Sunny has ever said.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario's dash attack combos into itself. and then you can fair>air SideB grab to kill anything regardless of aura at like 60.

@spelt- Lucario was a huge step up from wolf. I actually started maining him because someone suggested it while I mained wolf. Lucario has always been my favorite but I was garbage with him for awhile. hence why I mained wolf (because he's sorta linear and easy). and spelt is just mad he isn't a lucario main IMO

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
moblin, he was comboing cpus.

we could play brawl- on wednesday if people wanted to.
At least the falcon kick to knee seemed legit.

I agree that wolf is waaaaay better than lucario. Plus, Zoroark is just the new Lucario anyway.

edit: Does anyone know a good place to train Defense EV's in white version?

Steam

Smash Hero
wolf is way more worse than lucario. He wears a spiked collar and sharpens his nails FFS. and people say lucario is furry >>

Zoroark is to lucario as lucario is to mewtwo. except no one likes zoroark at all. only zorua.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
@spelt- Lucario was a huge step up from wolf.
Ok.

I actually started maining him because someone suggested it while I mained wolf.
That person should be stoned.

And not the good kind of stoned.

Lucario has always been my favorite
I'm sorry.

but I was garbage with him for awhile. hence why I mained wolf (because he's sorta linear and easy).

and spelt is just mad he isn't a lucario main IMO
You're right, I wanna grow up to be like this guy:

But he made a pretty much un-disagreeable point.
This.

wolf is way more worse than lucario. He wears a spiked collar FFS. and people say lucario is furry >>
a spiked collar just means you're
trying too hard to be
cool.

Zoroark is to lucario as lucario is to mewtwo. except no one likes zoroark at all. only zorua.
I repeat.

Comparing Mewtwo and Lucario is a crime against humanity.

Steam

Smash Hero
mewtwo was once my favorite pokemon. when I was a wee wee boy.

it's just that most the people who were in elementary school in like 96 aren't really into pokemon anymore. so mewtwo has a smaller fanbase. I still like mewtwo and he was my favorite melee character. he was just no fun to use :S

lucario main does not mean lucario cosplayer. I would never cosplay lucario... ever... lol. Because I'd either be a fursuiter or it would look terrible.

I don't know how saying that I was a bad player is a john.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario was my favorite pokemon before I was a furry.

spelt is also the only colorado person who trolls me that isn't funny. get better spelt.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Did lucario turn you furry? xD

I think spelt did good though. Not because it was aimed at you, but he just put alot of effort into it looks!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Man everyone at my school didn't like Lucario. He was freaking strange.

In elementary school, I remember someone liking Machamp a lot, and always wanted the holo Machamp from the starter packs. Traded ridiculous valued items for the card.

Steam

Smash Hero
Did lucario turn you furry? xD

I think spelt did good though. Not because it was aimed at you, but he just put alot of effort into it looks!
It fails to be funny though :/

and lucario did not turn me furry.

and it mainly is all the current 12 year olds who like lucario so much... which makes me see why people hate him because he's so comparable to shadow the hedgehog in that aspect >>

TBH I just thought he looked cool and liked the overall concept

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Didn't know lucario was that unpopular. I thought he was overrated not underrated...

Machamps a beast man. Supposedly they can fire off 1000 punches within a few seconds according to the pokedex. That ridiculous. ._. I like weavile though as my all time favorites. They're just so cool looking. <3

Steam

Smash Hero
He's only generally unpopular with the older peeps. the annoying 12 year olds love him.

(I hate it when my edit gets page bumped)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I have to drive down to the springs to get my cell phone and my dad's car on wednesday. Which will most likely take all day.

I didn't know spelt hated lucario so much.

After reading an article on why fighting games have no story, I realized BB is the only fighting game that actually has a respectable one.

Top Bottom