• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Listening to this commentary, I should totally commentate.
Seriously, i've watched so much blazblue, and street fighter commentary, I would totally rock that mic. YEAAAA!

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
ggs, tonight guys. <3 definitely made my day great. :D (still think I'm a bad commentator. I can't believe I partly did grand finals D: )

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Totally got flattened in teams, but hey, it was still kinda fun. Learned some new techniques too. Not gonna lie, it's pretty discouraging going 0-6; I knew I wouldn't place high at my first tourney, but holy jesus.

At the same time, it gives me reason to get better. I definitely want to be known as 'that guy that plays Wolf' lol. Sorry if my bummed out state made any of you feel uncomfortable. It was nice meeting most of you guys though, I look forward to the next gathering!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well Red, you also teamed with Roblin, who's fairly new to the game as well. The rest of us have all been playing for quite awhile now.
And we also almost all quit Brawl.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Baaah I wanted to whoop it up with ya in there Ryyudo, but I made an account on there and lost the password. Gaaah.

it was cool though. DTL and er..I forgot who the other guy was but this other dood that hates brawl was pretty funny. Also the amount of metaknights in teams was disappointing. :<

The thing is though, if you have someone that hates brawl as the commentator ya gotta have an actual brawl player to co-commentate with. It makes for some awesome dialouge going on there.

Man I watch too many commentated fighters. Yo and steamy, seriously it was cute how you brought the lulu plushy everywear. xD Man i'll bring my yoshi plush to next mcfest. C:

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
I know Zaj. It was cool to have someone there on my level, but at the same time, I don't want to be at that level. It's just an overwhelming feeling knowing that I'm gonna have to spend so much time to get better. I'll try my hardest to stick with it though.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
shoutout

go fish - lyn won

rummy - lyn won

egyptian rat screw slap jack - lyn lost

miranda - lyn lost

mario power tennis - i am number 1

shanghai 2 - average

pool table - scared to death

homam 3 - where were u

alabama - goodbye forever

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I know Zaj. It was cool to have someone there on my level, but at the same time, I don't want to be at that level. It's just an overwhelming feeling knowing that I'm gonna have to spend so much time to get better. I'll try my hardest to stick with it though.
Hey RedLegion, welcome to the scene! :) From playing smash with the CO scene since 2007, this is the most important thing I've found:

It'll help you develop smart play and improve your passion for the game when you have someone close to your skill level challenging you to improve faster than they are.

The hardest thing is to stick with a game where everyone that plays ***** your *** without even trying. You want those people to be there, of course, but you're only going to experience the magic of competitive play (and have a chance to experiment and improve) with someone you can go back and forth with.

A.K.A. it's just fun to play someone around the same skill level, which makes you like the game more and the close skill levels creates more motive to improve.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Really fun times yesterday, odd how this was the sort of thing that got all of us in one place for once.

Also LOL @ Dave for leaving without collecting his 20$

Steam

Smash Hero
Zournament shoutouts :0

Bees- Congrats on winning, fgt

Tim- NO MARIO PARTY??? Also **** bang's 5A beating my 6C

Ryker- don't get 3 stocked bro

Soapy- your plushie is utter garbage compared to mine

DTL- Ima use more metnite. It felt good knowing I stood a chance on your CP.

Dan- NO MARIO PARTY??? Also thanks times 6000 for making it happen : D

Zajice- Grab teammate, hold him while he get fsmashed.

Roblin- I met you! get ***** by dillon not bringing the fight stick

Dave- fgt

Jorge- batman fgt

Meno- Lucario looked 2gud with your glasses on :0

lvl0- fgt gimping me at 30% and making me : (

Underload- I like never saw you cept for once.

Chunky- I didn't see you cept when you were commentating

Sunny- teehee

Fishbait- Stop one-upping like everything I do >:I

Tony- Butthurt

Mikezor- NO MARIO PARTY???

Spencer- SNAKE'S MUTHA****ING FAIR IS TOO MUTHA****ING GOOD

jaaaaaa

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Still doing some cleanup around the house, but it was a blast hosting everyone. I'm glad that just about everyone came, especially you Chunky. We're not going to forget about you.

I'm still hyped that this tournament was a success AND that Bess the Bee won!

Later tonight, I'll post results/casualties/future plans.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I enjoyed seeing everyone yesterday. You're all awesome people.

But I'm not really feeling brawl anymore. I'll still come to stuff and play with people whenever I can, but I dunno if I'm gonna enter anymore, and if I do it will just be with Toon Link. I kinda lack the will to improve, but I can still have some fun with it.

Good stuff, Bessiah.

Shoutouts:

Peachkid: ily. Always great seeing you :D Thanks for sharing all your travel stories and playing me a bunch. Best Peach in CO.

Meno: We did teribuuullll. But I still like you. That money match was great. Druggy.

Steam: You beat me and I was confused. Good stuff.

Tim: hoo hoo hoo

Bees: See good stuff post above

Spencer: SPENCER!!! It was cool seeing you. We'll hang sometime. Sometime...soon..eventually. Haha...being far away sucks.

Group of people I played cards with: That was fun

Peter: After tournament was tight. Definitely should be tradition.

Dan: Called it ;) Very well-hosted tournament. Thanks for holding it.

Idolized: Got me :(

Fez: lol

Anybody I forgot: I didn't forget you. I must just hate you. That's not true at all. I'm just lazy.

Oh and Roblin: Address please? I'll send you the stick immediately. Sorry for being suuuppper lame and forgetting it.

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=3762 lololololololololololol

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Bees da bess. I bet it's because he played with Reflex.
Fixed for happy times.

But in all seriousness, Bees won because he's actually been putting tons of time in, so it's good that he finally pulled through. Good jorb.

Dan, thanks for tourney, learn to block/instant block/be patient/not lose

Steam, learn to taokaka.

Ryker, good games sir. Tell me your xbox live name again, I forgot =/. Mine is Timotee Is Me

Level zairo, good games, were very close. Beat dave next time.

Chunky, also good games, less killing self.

Meno, terrible games, get wrecked.

Dylan's friend that plays diddy was much better than before, tell him that dylan.

Dylan, get lucky on green greens.

Mario tennis is cheap, boo.

Spencer, get blaz already.

Dave, win next time.

Peachkid, we are best team comp. Vlad + Udyr = unbeatable.

Everyone else I didn't play or only played in teams which means I don't want to talk to you. But it was fun hanging out with everyone.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My shoutouts:

Brawl People
It was fun while I played it, but I only did doubles for the lulz factor of going double Peach. Didn't enter singles cause I didn't wanna spend any more money. Sorry~ It's been really hard to stay interested in the game lately. I wanted to save the money for BB instead, since I thought I'd have more fun, but I ended up leaving before it happened. If it even did happen that is.

Bees - Good **** winning. I admire your passion.

Team vVveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Needs more quad Toon Link on Pirate Ship in tournament sets.

Tim - You're my pimp, and I'm a *****.

Dave- HOLY **** YOU CAME, also your shirt is gay.

Blazblue People
I had a blast, and BB was pretty much all I did for the rest of the tourney after Brawl teams. I had fun playing everybody not named Tager.

Steam - We need more furpile matches. You're Tao is pretty cool, but it still can't beat my awesome CT Tao.

Dan - Tager.

Marvel People
How do I play this game?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I got it. It's all still in the bag though cause I haven't had the urge to unpack it yet.

Thanks dood.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
I guess it's shout out time. The tourney was awesome and it was great to get to see a bunch of people again!

MikeZ- Thanks for the ride, you didn't play in any of the events lame-o. (Mario Tennis doesn't count.)

Nite- Thanks for the ride offer, I really didn't expect you to show up at my doorstep lol!

Pibbs?- Your gamertag confused me and I just butchered it. GGs, don't CP Link against me unless you're Lovo.

Irg- Erg, pokefloats! I didn't even know that stage was leagal >.< Way to go though, breaking the game to get 3rd over Tony.

Tony- It was a pleasure to help you on your way to 4th. . . your destiny.

Ken- I lol'ed when you flipped out because you thought you got beat by a scrub first round ^^ GGs.

Ryker- Thanks for coming out man, it was fun to play against you. GGs.

Ferdi- Too good

Roman- It was nice to meet you and fun to play. I know you were trying to do stuff you weren't good at which was part of why you lost so much. Keep up the work man!

Kenny- It's been too long. Way to go to SF and be the only CO melee player who still has access to an active scene.

Yang- You sissy. Get off the Mahvel couch and play melee.

Dan- Thanks for the set and thanks for hosting, awesome tournament man.

Zaj- You play brawl and I don't know you

Lvl0- You play brawl and I don't know you.

Peachkid- You play brawl and I don't know you.

Roblin- You play brawl and I don't know you.

Steam - You play brawl and I don't know you. Plushy.

Meno- You play brawl and I don't know you.

Tim- You play brawl and I know you.

Dylan- You play brawl, I know you, AND you don't know me. wtf?

Dave- You forgot your $20.

Chunky- Welcome to the scene, I hope you stick around!

Everyone else, I REALLY dont know you. But honestly, that's my fault. Maybe if we keep up tournaments and fests, I can change that.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Holy ****, Sean doesn't sandbag on shoutouts at all.

Moblin, you can no longer have a MLP avatar. Zaj now owns the board game, and with it, the right to a MLP av. Srry.

Baaah I wanted to whoop it up with ya in there Ryyudo, but I made an account on there and lost the password. Gaaah.

it was cool though. DTL and er..I forgot who the other guy was but this other dood that hates brawl was pretty funny. Also the amount of metaknights in teams was disappointing. :<

The thing is though, if you have someone that hates brawl as the commentator ya gotta have an actual brawl player to co-commentate with. It makes for some awesome dialouge going on there.

Man I watch too many commentated fighters. Yo and steamy, seriously it was cute how you brought the lulu plushy everywear. xD Man i'll bring my yoshi plush to next mcfest. C:
Did the other guy do a shoutout to Jamaal's biceps? Cuz if he did, it was meeeeee.

I'd do shoutouts, but I'm a man and men don't do that.

DTL sucks for not shouting out to me, though. D:<

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh, and props to Bees/Kenny for their respective winnings. I was rooting for both of you because you guys still have the love of the game in you. It's good to see people who enjoy what they're doing winning. :D!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, and props to Bees/Kenny for their respective winnings. I was rooting for both of you because you guys still have the love of the game in you. It's good to see people who enjoy what they're doing winning. :D!
Fantastically put.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
You can keep my 20 dollars dan, I dont care. I just wanted to leave as soon as possible from there. Keep it cause I punched a hole in your door, if you want me to repay you for that let me know.

Steam

Smash Hero
You can keep my 20 dollars dan, I dont care. I just wanted to leave as soon as possible from there. Keep it cause I punched a hole in your door, if you want me to repay you for that let me know.
I still feel terrible that you tripped and got Fsmashed on the get up roll and died. I don't like to take games that way 3:

and I thought it was the hole for a doorknob :0

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Hey Bees, since you won money, wanna come to Oh Snap? :D
Or you could do more responsible things with it. I should probably suggest the latter.
Although my offer of free housing still stands.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Na it's good; the door is good on the other side.

Also, know that your $22 will be treated as a donation to future Zournaments then.

Top Bottom