• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
That is pretty good Vinnie. imo I've seen your gaw do better against better opponents though. But it was still pretty good. I like the GT to usmash.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also we should make a Colorado video for Brawl.
I think it could be pretty cool. Especially if we get the following people at least(at least maybe we can get more who are interested

Tim: Wario, Bang
Dylan: MK, Tink
Steam: Lucario, MK
Underload: Snake
Bees: ROB, Kirby
Lvl Zero: MK
Chunky: Lucas
Fishbait: MK, Lucario
Jorge: Marth, ROB
Dave: stop having quit this game you ***** and play gaw
Meno: Peach, lolivysaurlol
JCVD: Snake, Marth, MK

A pretty good variety and enough MKs to make it more legit.
I never realized we had so many people who play MK

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still trying to figure out which character to main. :urg:
My jin is garbage.
i think i did best with mu, but i got owned vs tager, because i can't deal with him at all.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Your Mu was coming along nicely, and your Rachel has gotten better. Jin you could probably pick up the fastest if you put the time into it. I'd say stick with Mu if you plan on making it to the tournament in two months or just enjoy her more. If the tourny is not your issue, stick with Rachel/Jin/ play all. Doesn't hurt to be well verse, but it does hurt if you're not enjoying your character while playing.

Either character, you just gotta figure out how to handle pressure better than throwing out a super all the time. While it'll hit my Ragna 9 of the 7 days of the week, if you miss that's 50 heat gone and free pain. Still, in time.

I can play Tager against you more if you'd like. I don't have a very good Tager, or am very intelligent with him, but still, maybe you can figure out few dos and don'ts of the match up (mainly stay the hell away more!)

EDIT: For a certain Carl player

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your Mu was coming along nicely, and your Rachel has gotten better. Jin you could probably pick up the fastest if you put the time into it. I'd say stick with Mu if you plan on making it to the tournament in two months or just enjoy her more. If the tourny is not your issue, stick with Rachel/Jin/ play all. Doesn't hurt to be well verse, but it does hurt if you're not enjoying your character while playing.
I enjoy mu the most. Jin seemed like he'd be fun to play but i just can't get into him. I really would like to enter a tournament and see how i do, so i'll try to work on my Mu.

Either character, you just gotta figure out how to handle pressure better than throwing out a super all the time. While it'll hit my Ragna 9 of the 7 days of the week, if you miss that's 50 heat gone and free pain. Still, in time.
Yeah, I get really scared sometimes and throw out stupid crap, especially near the end of matches when i don't have much health left. :c

I should try implementing counter assaults into my game more.

I can play Tager against you more if you'd like. I don't have a very good Tager, or am very intelligent with him, but still, maybe you can figure out few dos and don'ts of the match up (mainly stay the hell away more!)
I'd like that. Thanks!
I try to camp but it doesn't work for very long. The biggest problems i have with tager are that i never pay attention to his charge and don't predict spark bolt, and when tager gets in it's one of those times where i get scared and throw out stupid crap, which usually gets me 360'd.

Overall though i think in the past few weeks dealing with pressure and mixups have been the two biggest improvements in my game.
I still have a lot to work on though.

Edit: That video was awesome, fishbait.
i wonder how long that took to setup...

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
**** it.

I got over $300 in gift cards to Best Buy. I'm on the very edge of getting a 360 so I can play with you guys.

****ing indirect peer pressure.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
hahahahaha @ 1:30

"You look like the kind of girl that's a *****."
IKNOWRITE?!?

I LOLEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

EDIT: For a certain Carl player
If you wanna learn Mu, hit me up. I don't know a lot, but I can at least make the first week or two of her a lot easier. I can teach you how to **** Tager. Biggest thing is to watch his charge meter. It fills up really slow, and only certain things charge it. There's pretty much no excuse to not notice it.

EDIT:

Almost forgot

:(((((((((((((((( @ that gif, Jamaal. :(((((((((((((

Steam

Smash Hero
So no one's interested doing anything with steam in keystone near Dillon? cept Bees who's obviously strong homo for me.

fgts

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't even play that game, but that gif is great.

So no one's interested doing anything with steam in keystone near Dillon? cept Bees who's obviously strong homo for me.

fgts
What are the details on that again?

Steam

Smash Hero
Details... not really any. Just whatever the best date is for you guys starting on like... the 28th I believe

and where are Hakumen and Hazama to go with Carl?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure there's a version of that avatar somewhere on dustloop with hazama instead of carl.

and i've been playing mu off and on since CS' release, so i have a basic idea how to play her. But thanks, if i ever need help with something i'll ask you. :bee:
I'll try to start watching his charge. if i do it'll help the MU a lot.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Waaaaah interwebz crashed on me for like half the week. ;~;
Im surprised at how many pages it got over that time. Usually this threads a liiil on the slow side. '3'

Also we should make a Colorado video for Brawl.
I think it could be pretty cool. Especially if we get the following people at least(at least maybe we can get more who are interested
I can rep the yoshi for ya~! ;3 Poor doods so underrated. Someone in CO's gotta bring the yoshi pride....or just colorado pride in general. I don't want us to be a meme in the brawl community. Were better then that. :V I've seen Tim's wario. You punish like everything man. I was pretty impressed. o_o

Also I like the tager GIF the best. I tried playing as him before and all thats going threw my mind is "Moooove faster tager. ;~;"

Tager should hang a magnet over himself, so that the magnet will pull tager along to be quicker. :V

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
sunny should actually go to something >:V
I SWEAR ON MY HONOR AS A BRO, THAT I SHALL GO TO ZOURNAMENT!

I promise steamy! No more excuses or lameness from me. :>

I've been dreadfully bored lately anyways. So bored I started playing super street fighter 4 again. ;~; I haaate how footsy oriented it is, but hey, Mashing 360's works in this game. It makes me feel like im actually good at a fighitng game~!

Hmmm anywho, I really wanna fight Tim's wario. Wario vs yoshi is like, an air battle royal! Yoshi has better maneuverability but wario has more disjoint. I so wanna see how this battle would play out~!

Oh and like, yessshhh lemme see supercon pics. I need an excuse to post my pictures on here. :> I look so dang good in a suit!

Bees!

Smash Ace
I can rep the yoshi for ya~! ;3 Poor doods so underrated. Someone in CO's gotta bring the yoshi pride....or just colorado pride in general. I don't want us to be a meme in the brawl community. Were better then that. :V I've seen Tim's wario. You punish like everything man. I was pretty impressed. o_o
We could always use another player! Especially having more variety. And yes Tim's Wario is fun to watch and is good. You don't see Wario mains too often. I think we have a good enough variety.
I can provide the music! here are some examples of my work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYVqk6rEwEs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImZmFeOMoC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZYcf0HdSG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIfVpHBQx78 just uploaded this one

merry christmas guys and happy new year
love Dave
<3 I want you to come back to Colorado as our Game & Watch main. We need your awesomeness! It would be a christmas present for all of Colorado.
33333333:::::::::::
Uh is that a guy getting teabagged by several people? o.O

Top Bottom