• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Steam

Smash Hero
You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Steam,

You have received a 2 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Trolling. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11842149

Quote:
you should make mushroomy kingdom legal, it's totally legit,

also green hill zone because the slope and the floor dropping out prevents CGs.

Also we should allow custom stages.

We should also be allowed to CP to the Home run contest stage.

maybe some SSE stages.

maybe with your help we can even CP someone to other games like street fighter.

If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I like how RIGHT after responding to your post fully and clearly and seriously, GrimFandango (such a cool name) acts like your trolling attempt didn't work at all.

Not even in the slightest!

Bees!

Smash Ace
No really. He was never a top Rob. And oh my god bees, you know the MK matchup at least as well as you know any non-lucario matchup.
Exactly. I only know how to fight Lucario anymore. And it doesn't help when the Lucario I play knows the Bees MU like none other. The problem with the MK MU is that I can't know it like I know the Peach MU (meaning I play Meno a 5-6 times a year and know that MU.) To beat MK without being MK you need to know the MU inside and out. I have experience in that MU but its not enough.

Definitely fair enough. But I'm not gonna lie, no matter how out of practice he was, I can still tell that Bees is significantly better.
Well thank you. but I will agree that Sudai has more knowledge and overall is probably a smarter player(I just has tricksies). He was in the scene way before I was and played many more people from many places. and better people than most of the players I have played.
But arguing over who is better a person who quit Brawl a long time ago and a person who still plays it does seem pointless. There have been a ton of discoveries that are helping to advance ROBs metagame since Sudai quit.

Steam

Smash Hero
hey I don't just know the Bees MU : (

I know the Rawb MU...

you just need to camp more and never ever approach. Of course jorge tried that against me and got powershielded like 10 times in a row before I AS'd him and killed him <3

Bees!

Smash Ace
when did Colorado become a rob state omg
Yay! now we just need to get Lunchmeat and E T back into ROB and we can Do a 4 way robot orgy. Steam may lose me to a robot main sometime in teams as ROB teams are epic and amazing.
WiFi can help if you let it help. :(
Make me your Padawan so that I may know this strange way of lag induced training that strengthen the power of my midi-chlorians.
tl;dr play wifi with me Fish!

It's the power shielding. ROB doesn't camp for damage, he camps for annoyance. Projectiles are just too slow to effectively camp for damage.
My problem is that camping usually gets me approached on or damage wracked. Now I am used to the MUs where you have to not camp as well. Olimar(you have to approach)

Kinda like how Colorado used to love Snake. You might even say ROB is a... Snake Eater.

Also, this thread moves really fast, wow.
I know right? Guess you can't lose to me anymore. With all of these ROBs around you will have no excuse :laugh::laugh::laugh: jk <3 ya

I have a job interview with a company that is way out of my league in about 2 hours. I am nervous as ****

Also stop talking about Brawl, what do you think this is, a forum for it?
Good luck on your job interview! We will be talking about Brawl when you get back!

ggs

And for a ROB main it is definitely not worth dittoing mk. If your going to do that you might as well just main mk. (Honestly I think a person's main is who they use against mk).
For evidence of this see HolyFrightmare.

Bees I seem to have the same trouble as you with my ROB. It is just too aggressive, and no matter what I can never seem to camp enough. I'm wondering if it's because ROB really isn't that great at camping once people actually figure out how to powershield.
Partly that and really aggressive characters with great pressure game. Or if ROB is down stocks or a large %. Camping with his slow and terrible projectiles will get you nowhere except timed out.

Or it could be we really only get good practice with one person offline and that just gives us bad habits.
That pretty much. and that person I play with would be top 3 in CO if he fought as good against everyone else as he does against me :laugh:

Seriously Steam. You usually beat my ROB easily yet you barely win against people who often struggle just to get me to high percent on 2nd stock.
Learn the character as much if not more than the player.

As for wifi I'm not entirely sure what to think. Some people play wifi and get really good, Ally and more locally Dave and Fish, while others don't seem to get anywhere offline despite plenty of experience, Okami and myself (even though it sounds like okami has gotten a lot better offline). It kind of seems like to me that wifi helps if you play like your offline. Stop doing stupid stuff like rolling w/ lucario or nairing w/ snake *looks at okami*. An example of this was when I played fino online. Obivously he is way better than me, but our games where close. He played like he was offline being agressive and almost no spam. I probably spammed, which was why the match was close. Or he could have just had an off day his rank is still much higher than me on the ladder. Meh...
Fino does play a character that can be applied offline with little adjustment. ROB is not like that at all if you want to win.
Characters and how you approach it. Now I am going to play more wifi as I noticed it helped me play smarter offline(even though I only put in about a months worth of practice and lost most matches)
However with ROB on wifi do NOT expect to win if you are playing to learn and better your offline game. ROB on wifi is stupid if you play like a noob and just spam SH nair, dsmash and projectiles. The habits you get with wifi when playing to win will make you a terrible ROB offline.
ROB has tons of laggy moves and is juggled easily. Combine that with lag and you have a sort of hitstun that makes great for other peoples combo videos.

hey I don't just know the Bees MU : (

I know the Rawb MU...
I know you know more then the Bees MU. But my point is you know it to the point where it doesn't help you unless you fight me.
No not just that. You didn't punish hardly anything in the videos I saw. You got hit by everything. Especially with MK v ROB. You rarely tilted a lot like you do vs me. and almost screwed up punishing his rising uAir recovery. You also got hit by a lot of things that you would punish hard vs me if I did. Standing on the ledge and spotdodging to eat a nAir? wtf.

Also s0apy. He actually took a game off of you. Last time s0apy took a game off of me was last September or so(2009). He has not since then actually gotten past my second stock ever in tourney. Yet he took you to last stock and took a game off of you.

You PS everything I do and punish everything I do. Yet you struggle to beat people that I beat with ease...
Sounds like you know my ROB but playing it so much made you really just know how I think as a player. you need to learn about other thought processes and other players. Because from what I saw with the Holiday Bash vids. If you played then like you do against me. Nobody would have gotten a game on you and likely would have been 2 stocked most of the time(nothing personal to anyone who played Steam. He didn't beast against you guys like he does against me)

Also Jorgeme we need to work on being patient(me more than you) Also I think we can learn from each other. So next time we both are in the same place I will watch your matches and let you know what I see you losing with. Will you do the same for me?

Bees!

Smash Ace
: (

I don't even understand why I do so poorly vs. other people...
After what you do vs me if you can figure out to play that smart vs everyone else you would probably be placing in top 3 at tourneys.(tourneys where colorado has more than 2 good players at) you just have to find a way to apply how you play vs me to everyone else(while adhering to MUs and such)

Also stop being so negative about MK. I used to have that problem. Just ask Meno or Dylan. I used to think it was hopeless and complain about it like you did. I used to lose to anyone who was decent and used MK vs me. but having a better mindset and getting more practice at the MU really helped me. Still have a ways to go.
You would be surprised how much your mindset can help you or hurt you in a match.
Going into the match with "its hopeless I am going to lose" well you will lose that way.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am extremely surprised i haven't received any infractions for any of my recent posts in the tier list thread.

Steam

Smash Hero
Also bees I usually end up autopiloting if I'm against anyone I play locally that isn't you...

I do actually think when I play against other people that are good. Like Fishbait on wifi.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Fino does play a character that can be applied offline with little adjustment. ROB is not like that at all if you want to win.
Characters and how you approach it. Now I am going to play more wifi as I noticed it helped me play smarter offline(even though I only put in about a months worth of practice and lost most matches)
However with ROB on wifi do NOT expect to win if you are playing to learn and better your offline game. ROB on wifi is stupid if you play like a noob and just spam SH nair, dsmash and projectiles. The habits you get with wifi when playing to win will make you a terrible ROB offline.
ROB has tons of laggy moves and is juggled easily. Combine that with lag and you have a sort of hitstun that makes great for other peoples combo videos.

I know you know more then the Bees MU. But my point is you know it to the point where it doesn't help you unless you fight me.
No not just that. You didn't punish hardly anything in the videos I saw. You got hit by everything. Especially with MK v ROB. You rarely tilted a lot like you do vs me. and almost screwed up punishing his rising uAir recovery. You also got hit by a lot of things that you would punish hard vs me if I did. Standing on the ledge and spotdodging to eat a nAir? wtf.

Also s0apy. He actually took a game off of you. Last time s0apy took a game off of me was last September or so(2009). He has not since then actually gotten past my second stock ever in tourney. Yet he took you to last stock and took a game off of you.

You PS everything I do and punish everything I do. Yet you struggle to beat people that I beat with ease...
Sounds like you know my ROB but playing it so much made you really just know how I think as a player. you need to learn about other thought processes and other players. Because from what I saw with the Holiday Bash vids. If you played then like you do against me. Nobody would have gotten a game on you and likely would have been 2 stocked most of the time(nothing personal to anyone who played Steam. He didn't beast against you guys like he does against me)

Also Jorgeme we need to work on being patient(me more than you) Also I think we can learn from each other. So next time we both are in the same place I will watch your matches and let you know what I see you losing with. Will you do the same for me?
How would you suggest I try and adjust from online to offline. I'm pretty good about not spamming dsmash, and have gotten better at not spamming nair. Any more suggestions?

I'm not sure if ROB in theory should be juggled that easy. We have the options of down b reversal (w/ fastfall), up b reversal, bair (w/ fastfall), or airdodge (w/ fastfall). However I haven't seemed to be able to implement all of these into my game that well (especially against mk).

I think some of my aggressiveness comes from playing marth. Yea we should definitely help each other next time we meet.

On a side note is it just me or is wario the only A tier char that doesn't seem to be able to place high (like top 10) at nationals?

Steam

Smash Hero
It doesn't work that well with rob because his base is so wide he's easy to hit no matter which direction he wavebounces. bai.

Bees!

Smash Ace
It doesn't work that well with rob because his base is so wide he's easy to hit no matter which direction he wavebounces. bai.
It depends when used correctly it can put you in better positions. Especially against characters that are ground based. It makes an uncertainty as well. My biggest thing is that I think I need to sdi hits more often so I don't get juggled as much. Also watch some ROBs that wavebounce they may still get punished, but a lot less than if you just fall straight to the ground.

Bees!

Smash Ace
not on the ground. hold away with control stick when I'm hitting you with Fair/Nair type stuff.

unless you want to DI into me or not at all so I can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeoUxdi_JLc&t=2m20s

except more because your character is fatter and floatier
Reflex explained it more like PSing only with the c stick so just holding away doesn't cut it for a character like ROB.

Steam

Smash Hero
Reflex explained it more like PSing only with the c stick so just holding away doesn't cut it for a character like ROB.
actually that's what I told you lmao. stop putting my words in reflex's mouth.

Hold away aaaaand SDI away. up and away preferred.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
that marth could've faired/naired out of half of that.
and rob being floatier would mean it would be harder to do that stuff to him.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol i dont think vinnie actually plays ROB. it was just a joke someone said on some ROB thread. i'm sure it's a tristate meme or something. but i really don't know what blog you're talking about? nor any videos lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually no. It's easiest to do that on floaty fatties.
Strings/combos are easier to do on heavy fast fallers.
which is why everyone in melee hates jigglypuff because she's so floaty barely anything will actually combo on her.
lucario would have an easier time stringing marth than rob, or samus, etc.

a character having a larger hurtbox would help, though.

Steam

Smash Hero
Strings/combos are easier to do on heavy fast fallers.
which is why everyone in melee hates jigglypuff because she's so floaty barely anything will actually combo on her.
lucario would have an easier time stringing marth than rob, or samus, etc.

a character having a larger hurtbox would help, though.
well I dunno, been doing this for two years and fastfallers are very % specific. you can't combo them a long time either because by the time they get hit high enough they'll often get hit too far.

Fair>Nair can be repeated like forever on RoB, samus, and others out of SideB if they don't DI.

It works best on Lucario from my experience. >.>

edit: Rob dittos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqjIUXgf9I

Top Bottom