• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui and Doctor X present Conservative Christmas Concoction! [12/20 Pound4 Rules!]

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Hey, are you still needing setups? I'm bringing mine to Vamp's tourney the day before, and I can probably bring it to Cinci too, provided Count has room...

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hey after talking to Jesse, it'll probably be at my place now since I don't know about a lot of people at this point especially MI and KY.

It's possible it'll be at Dr. X's though. Or my place.

Also I'm keeping the schedule regardless, I want **** to be done.

Thanks Cale for the setup! We'll need more now lmao

WE'LL NEED CHAIRS AND TABLES TOO

reduction of venue fee down to 2$ if you bring at least 2 chairs or 1 table
a reserved serving of curry + reduction if you bring anything more

clowsui

Smash Legend
ENDING ALL CONFUSION NOW:

It's going to be at Dr. X's or my place. AL is a back up. I flipped on this issue. Sorry, I was too hasty with my venue decisions lol. Dr. X or my place, again.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
>o< Ooh! I have no idea what's going on! So it's going to be at Arcade Legends now? Also, if housing is needed I don't mind providing it. -^____^-; Either way, I hope things go out well! If anyone needs any help with anything feel free to bug me about it!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Go ahead and change the title of the thread to help with the confusion.

My place is now confirmed. We just need tables, chairs, powerstrips, and all that like last time.

Chi I'll give you the address so you can post it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Umm I should be here for this and I'm up for crews (even though Brawl crew battles last for daaaays.)

If I can make it in time for doubles, I need a partner.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
$5 venue fees are generally as much as people pay. Paying anything more just seems like a waste, especially since the venue fee at a house tournament would lead to that money being used to buy pizza and whatnot.

This tournament really won't be getting THAT many people I don't think
But how many venues have 60 arcade games to play included in the venue fee? :) No worries Chi. I'm sure the 20th will be open if you guys change your mind. Anytime you guys want to run a tourney at AL, just PM me or email through the website. We usually have a Saturday or two a month open. We're down with weekday tournies also. We'll make it work.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Im coming for sure. I dont know if any other Springfielders are coming with me or not. Probably not since they are all going to indy the day before, but we will see.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Clowsui, I'd like to say I'd know if MI is going before Thursday, but a lot of it depends on who is going. I'm planning to go but I'm expecting certain people to come with me, who may flake out, and then I won't want to make the drive with whatever is left.

But if we do go, who is open for housing some MI people late Saturday night, like 3 AM?

clowsui

Smash Legend
@WTP: Alright, just let me know as soon as possible then.

@Lou: Champ wants a ride. I'm pretty sure Ajay will need one too.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Yeah itd be easier there. plus AL is great anyway

Also ill bring a setup or w/e

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummmm.... I believe it was said that we are having it at Doctor X's House... So it would be wise to stick with one location so we don't be confusing people traveling. MA****AS!!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
We're sticking to Dr. X's place.

I would only use AL if the tournament ended up at something like 36.

I was getting hype over all this interest earlier then realized that it's Sunday, there are several tournaments Saturday and the next day is Monday so I wouldn't get 2 cars/state, not to mention I kept forgetting that Hilt and MI weren't confirmed.

My apologies for all the confusion.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
^Not at the same place, otherwise yeah.

Anyways... I can house a few people, I think. They just need to plan on leaving relatively early, and not pull that crap like they did at my old place where they left the door hanging wide open after doing so.

Edit: Oh, and 513-907-9017 is my number. Chi, you can go ahead and put that in the OP.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Good **** Tyr.

On another note:

I'm going to start getting a little more serious about this game.

Infern, Smash, Count, Hilt and Capem, I'm going to play seriouslies with all of you. If Hilt doesn't make it then I'll consult Champ too.

One set for each character, spread out through the day. Try not to sandbag. Infern I know you want Falco more than Marth experience so I'll play you later in the day when you're more warmed up. Capem you haven't ever played my Marth on a neutral so I'll play you when you're more warmed up too but with Marth.

TELL ME WHICH CHARACTER IS BETTER. Whichever character wins out, I'm sticking to this character for the next 2-3 months unless I start getting top 10 consistently.

If ppl refuse then that's fine, I just need diversity.

Please note that I love both characters and I can't stand being decisive about it but I think outside opinions might help. I've played all the people above with both characters but sometimes one character was used in serious games and the other wasn't, etc.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, looks like I may be able to make it with the Indiana Guys :D We'll most likely have two TVs and at least one wii, probably two.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yes. Are you coming or not?

Reposted for emphasis:
SEVERAL POINTS OF INTEREST FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO COME OR WHO HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED:

12:00-12:15 - Registration for Doubles Begins
12:30 - 3:15 Doubles Elimination Bracket
(2:45 Singles Registration Begins)
3:30 - 5:30 Singles Pools Play
5:45 - 10:00 Singles Bracket Play

You see this schedule? The OP is updated too btw. But you see this schedule? Notice how there's 15 minutes for doubles reg? Yeah, this is because we need people to confirm before hand. Dr. X and I are having it at Dr. X's house, so we'll be lenient about this but still. PLEASE tell us.

POST WHETHER YOU'RE COMING OR NOT. PLEASE.

I've planned for 8 setups but if you can bring more bring more. It's nice to have backups + if we can fit them we get everything done faster, voila.

Another scheduling thing for this:

PLEASE. TAKE. ONLY. TWO. SMOKE. BREAKS. PER POOL!

PLEASE. TAKE. ONE. SMOKE. BREAK. FOR. EVERY. THREE ROUNDS!

It SUCKS to have tournies delayed because of smoke breaks (looking at you, Lain; Judge has abided by this rule quite well on his own so thank you Nick. Tako and Q as well, though they're not coming to this probably). Furthermore the venue closes at/around TEN UNLIKE LAST FEW TIMES. PLEEASSEEEE ABIDE BY THE SMOKING RULE!!!!!!

At the door there will be a clipboard/notepad + pen. Please sign your smash name/real name and your number. If you happen to be late for your match, we will have one of a few designated callers call you.

TL,DR: Time is of the essence for this tournament. Bring setups, pre-reg, be smart about smoke breaks, stay near, and we'll have fun.

VenomaShockwave

Smash Cadet
Let's see, Monroe Ohio? I've never heard of it. Let me mapquest it and see where it is. I'll get back to you on that in a sec.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Alright, sounds good. Keep me informed =) I'll be sure and try to get housing for you. Worst comes to worst...we'll delay your doubles matches as much as possible.

VenomaShockwave

Smash Cadet
If i do go, I can bring metal fold up chairs, if you need any, I have two. My dad is unsure about the distance--all I can say is maybe I can come, maybe not. I'll try to get a more definite answer by friday-ish, will that work?

VenomaShockwave

Smash Cadet
hmm, would there be any way for me to hitch a ride with somebody? I don't think we can get our van out there, its old.. If not, then I probably can't come...

I live in a neighborhood named Carthage in Cincinnati, in case thats important.

Top Bottom