• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui and Doctor X present Conservative Christmas Concoction! [12/20 Pound4 Rules!]

clowsui

Smash Legend
CLOWSUI PRESENTS: C3-OHIO

Why is this being called Conservative Christmas Concoction?

Simple. I want to experiment with an EC style ruleset. In this way we can demonstrate to other regions that our top players don't rely on "janky" stages to win. Furthermore this gives us some practice for Pound 4 (for the people in Ohio planning on going) and we can see how conservative stage lists in this region.

The Ohio part is to prevent confusion with C3 Cyberclub in MD/VA.

At this point the tournament is MOST LIKELY to happen on 12/20. It will feature a singles event and a doubles event.

CLOWSUI'S PERSONAL RULES SO FAR:
1. Smoking Rule -

PLEASE. TAKE. ONLY. TWO. SMOKE. BREAKS. PER POOL!

PLEASE. TAKE. ONE. SMOKE. BREAK. FOR. EVERY. THREE ROUNDS!

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
12:00-12:15 - Registration for Doubles Begins
12:30 - 3:15 Doubles Elimination Bracket
(2:45 Singles Registration Begins)
3:30 - 5:30 Singles Pools Play
5:45 - 10:00 Singles Bracket Play
10:00 - 12:00 Friendlies/Feature

VENUE FEE
$5 - no setup (Wii + TV)
$0 - with setup
$2 - 2 chairs OR 1 table
$2 + guaranteed bowl of curry - anything more than 2 chairs or table (guaranteed curry applies to furniture only)
PLEASE BRING POWER STRIPS + SURGE PROTECTORS

TVS/WIIS SO FAR
TV:
1. Calebyte
2. Dr. X
3. Dr. X
4. "e_"
5. Sai
6. Tyr
7. Hilt
8. Composer
9. OS
10. Zozefup
11. Springfield

WII:
1. Calebyte
2. Steel Samurai
3. Kel
4. e_
5. Sai
6. Hilt
7. Composer
8. Y.b.M.
9. OS
10. Zozefup
(11. Hilt
12. Springfield)

CHAIRS + TABLES:

Chairs
1-8. Dr. X
9-14. clowsui
15-26. Zozefup

Tables
1-2. Dr. X
3-5. clowsui (Two TV Dinner Size, one real one)

CURRY VOTE - TWO AVAILABLE
LAMB - 3 (Count + Clowsui+Hilt)
TIEBREAKER - 1 (Tyr)
SEAFOOD - 1 (Count)
CHICKEN - 2 (Y.b.M. + Hilt)

ADDRESS:

221 Shanda Drive
Monroe, OH 45050

Use mapquest, apparently google does it wrong

HOUSING:

Contact Smash64 >__> Dr. X as a last resort

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'm thinking I'm planning on hosting something on the 19th for my birthday. Maybe we should merge the two?

My place has more space, too. :O

Count

Smash Champion
Should be there! The 19th is an Indiana event doctor X! But I dunno if Cincy is planning on attending anyway. I should be here depending on the date though!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Them Vs Us is on the 19th also (in Cinci, though I wasn't sure if you guys had anything to do with it even though there will be Brawl)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Should be there! The 19th is an Indiana event doctor X! But I dunno if Cincy is planning on attending anyway. I should be here depending on the date though!
Then I'd have ride johns getting back to Huntington. (I also planned on bringing Ducky to Vamp's tourney, and there's no way he'd be able to go to Cinci)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I want to actually do this on the same month as my birthday and the 19th is really the only available Saturday. I'd want this to be small-- definitely no bigger than my house tournaments from back in the day-- so I don't imagine it will compete with the Indiana event too much.

what's this Doctor x you planing on getting back in to brawl?
I'd be wanting to play both Melee and Brawl...

Probably a Brawl tournament with a Melee side event if people are interested... :)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So vamp's tourney is getting a larger turnout, so yeah... the 20th would be better. Most people will be on break by then, I think, so Sunday won't be too big a deal, I think?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Denoting my interest for informational purposes but mentioning the 0% chance I could actually attend.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll talk to crash about it soon. I'd love to do this after VaMP's tourney. I'll let you all know when I know if we can do it or not.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ATTENDEES:

TOs:
Clowsui
Doctor X
--
Cincinnati:
OS
Infern
Smash64
Y.b.M.
Tyr
Today
e_
Steel Samurai
Kel
Sai
--
Springfield:
Champ
Lou
Wakka
--
Dayton:
Fizzle
--
Indiana:
Count
Calebyte
LoZ
Composer
--
Illinois:
Zozefup
Rob_Gambino
--
Kentucky:
Hilt
--

TOTAL: 23

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
When would this be? We're not able to do it on the 20th :(

What days are you looking at? Depending on the day, louisville may be able to show. I'd love to make this though. And chi, why would you not hold it doc x's house if he offers it O_o if it's available, you should definitely take him up on it. Especially if you're planning on more than twenty people coming over, haha.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Dr. X has a new place now silly. We COULD do it at his place though.

Why not the 20th, Hilt!?

Also thanks for the info Count =)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So vamp's tourney is getting a larger turnout, so yeah... the 20th would be better. Most people will be on break by then, I think, so Sunday won't be too big a deal, I think?
20th would be win.

If I ever get MY **** PAYCHECK that they haven't sent me yet, I'll have some surprises for the tournament too.

I think I'm doing a board game night with my older bro on the 19th that he's been planning for a while, so I couldn't come on the 19th. :(

20th would be win though. Win.

Also also:

Yoiu guys don't really have to merge OR host it on a saturday, or even a weekend. Think about it. O_O

Wednesday night tournaments. Friday night tournaments.

the possibilities are endless

e__

Smash Ace
20th would be good.

Melee side event would be good. I need to play against some real people beforehands, though. lvl9 snake and fox just aren't cutting it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
20th for sure, my mom's confirmed she's okay with it but my dad's a little ticked off today so I'll ask him tomorrow =)

clowsui

Smash Legend
ATTENDEES:

TOs:
Clowsui
Doctor X
--
Cincinnati:
OS
Infern
Smash64
Y.b.M.
Tyr
Today
e_
Steel Samurai
TGM
Kel
Sai
--
Springfield:
Capem
Champ
Lou
--
Dayton:
Fizzle
Dj_iskaskribble
--
Indiana:
Count
Calebyte
LoZ
Composer
--
Illinois:
Zozefup
Rob_Gambino
--
Kentucky:
Hilt

TOTAL: 25

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Zozefup told me that Count talked to him bout riding together to a tourney here in cincy on Sunday after Vamps. I'm assuming this is the tournament they were talking about? I requested off work for this, so I assume we should "count" me and zoze in as well.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The tournament is ON!

I need people to confirm attendance. The ones that have done so have been put on the list and those who haven't have been left off.

CURRY VOTE - TWO TYPES OF CURRY AVAILABLE, VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE TWO!
Lamb
Chicken
Beef
Pork
Seafood (Shrimps + some type of fish MOST LIKELY)
Vegetable

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not voting for curry because you put vegetables in it, you asian *******! We're in americuh! We eat meat curry with meat sauce that sets on top of meatballs and meat gravy! AMERICUH.

I can bring TV/Wii though.

Count

Smash Champion
seafood! although lamb sounds amazing also.

Confirmed with me: calebyte, zozefup, rob

although I have to talk to zoze/rob about ride details.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Any kind of curry is cool with me and I'll bring my TV assuming I can come after my gig. Probably means I'm only doing singles or something but we'll see when I can get there.

Top Bottom